Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3549      
       3551              4299       4300       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

georgms
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3550 #1 · p.3550 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

John - congrats to the Bowl-thingie ;-) and your fantastic hiking-shots! My favs are "Quite The Good View" (proper title!) and "Home sure looks…". The B&W-mountainscape, the sunstar and the pathway are great too.

Feb 03, 2014 at 08:08 AM
Lieutenant Z
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3550 #2 · p.3550 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Mishu01 wrote:
Ave Caesar "Z"! Muritori te salutant!

BTW if you are still living in Roman times your master must be Marc-Aurelius not Marc-Oreo or whatever...
Cordial,
Michel

Marc Aurelius ? what is it ? The Romanian name of Marc-Aurèle (in French) or Marcus Aelius Aurelius Verus (in Latin) ? -)
Nota bene : the right ortography is moritori and not "muritori"....

Feb 03, 2014 at 08:21 AM
georgms
• • • •
p.3550 #3 · p.3550 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Rafael, impressive shots with the maxed-out 400/3.5! Eliminating vibrations is a bit difficult with this combo, I assume.
Btw, if the bird is a crowned-crane: there's a good reason for keeping those birds at a distance - about 10 years back a crowned crane "picked" through mesh-wire a visible dent into my lens while I was trying to get a cool super-wide portrait ;-)

Feb 03, 2014 at 08:38 AM
georgms
• • • •
p.3550 #4 · p.3550 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Lieutenant Z wrote:
I know what you mean, Rafael : I'm still living in Roman times and my masters are Marc-Aurèle and Seneca.... -)
ô tempora, ô mores.....

Haha, I'll pick the late 19th century, but with some penicillin please Or I skip the time-travel and just visit Leighton's general store ;-)

Feb 03, 2014 at 08:44 AM
cadman342001
• • • •
p.3550 #5 · p.3550 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Leighton - I'd love a local store like that

John - beautiful views of the trees and the view in the snow

Rafael - I'm having trouble stabilising the 105 micro + pn11 let alone that monster. Love the crane shot

Ray - Nice shot of the berries in the snow

Buddy - Love the one of the dog and his chew / tug toy

Andy

Feb 03, 2014 at 09:01 AM
georgms
• • • •
p.3550 #6 · p.3550 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Some quick notes while looking at the past pages:

Greg, the Sunset-shot is an instant classic. Wonderful in every aspect.

Samy, nice work on the Old Otterbein Church - I like your B&W-conversion.

Leighton, I'm glad to see that shops like the "General Store" are still in business. Discount-supermarkets have driven most small stores out of the market here - a real problem for elder folks living in rural places.

Ray from the North - love your winter-detail-image. My fav is the one taken with the 28/2.8.

Buddy, I really enjoyed looking at the vertical woods-shot.

Ken, very nice work on St. Michaels! A short tele-lens is a great tool for architecture-photography.

Steve, the lanterns are really nicely captured.

Chin, both story and picture about the fishing-harbour are great!

Feb 03, 2014 at 09:03 AM
cadman342001
• • • •
p.3550 #7 · p.3550 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

The monsoon rains are here now, cyclones forming left right and centre but only small ones so far. We're not like the locals though, we WANT a big one

Shot of the kid's school oval / playing fields. 28/2.8 @ f8

_DSC5898 by cadman342001, on Flickr

A native ginger in flower in the garden. 180/2.8 @ 2.8

_DSC5940-2 by cadman342001, on Flickr

View looking up the street. 28/2.8 @ f8

_DSC5903 by cadman342001, on Flickr

Andy

Feb 03, 2014 at 09:12 AM
Mishu01
• • • •
p.3550 #8 · p.3550 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Lieutenant Z wrote:
Marc Aurelius ? what is it ? The Romanian name of Marc-Aurèle (in French) or Marcus Aelius Aurelius Verus (in Latin) ? -)
Nota bene : the right ortography is moritori and not "muritori"....

OMG! You catched me!

Feb 03, 2014 at 10:45 AM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.3550 #9 · p.3550 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thank you for all the kind comments and likes on the store.

John - I don't know where to start, I like all that you've shared on the last few pages.

Ray - Love the weed berries in the snow. Those are nasty weeds that love to grow along my fence lines.

Larry - Nice family portraits, thanks for sharing. I think it's time for a selfie!

Rafael - Beautiful macros using an unusual rig. Good idea.

Peter - I shall pass it along.

Andy - Nice of you to drop in again, I love the first one. Feels like the monsoon here as well today. Over an inch of rain since last night and still going. What are the critters I see crazing?

Feb 03, 2014 at 11:17 AM
pbraymond
• • •
p.3550 #10 · p.3550 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Ken Hill wrote:
Ray (OH) - WE were on a highway in SC and saw the same sunset here. Perfect!

Thanks Ken. It was a gorgeous sunset, one of the beauties of colder weather when the air is clear!

Rafael, the widest I own is 17mm, and I don't tend to shoot down there simply because i'm still learning to make a good 17mm photogrpah unless I'm out west somewhere in a grand landscape to fill the frame. Your 15mm efforts are awesome, I'll study them for sure to grow my knowledge of filling the frame. Your Tc on ext tube on TC rig is outrageous, and congrats on some cool captures. Definitely helps to controls one of my three major considerations in photography, background!!

spf zero is superb, Chin. I really like the fact that you did not goose the color up much, if at all, or if you did it is artfully done.

Steve, the chinese lantern shot is marvelous!

Edited on Feb 03, 2014 at 01:48 PM · View previous versions

Feb 03, 2014 at 01:46 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

pbraymond
• • •
p.3550 #11 · p.3550 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

MDoc9523 wrote:
Ray I think my kit is just about where I want it to be. Not sure about the 135 F2 just now. I sold 5 lenses that I wasn't using this week. Weeding out my collection was a little painful for a hoarder like me. I sold the 24mm 2.8, 35mm 2.8, 135 2.8, 180 2.8 AI and the 100-300 AIS. They have all gone to a better home. I still want to sell the TC -14, 14A and 200 AI as well as the Nikon FA and 35-135.

Ray, eighteen hours and no one's challenged this statement yet? We must be slipping.

Leighton, I like the interior of the general store, perfectly processed and captured. And as far as the "weed berries" go, I never really thought about them that way but they do grow everywhere it seems that is not tended. I believe they are part of a large group of plants collectively called sumac. For photographers the leaves are pretty reliably colorful in the fall, at least around here, though they only make for good detail shots, the larger settings are usually not photogenic.

John, the hiking and mountain shots have me jealous again. Fav is "Quite the good view". Mountains and snow you can drive to and get out of sounds like an ideal winter to me! And congrats on the Seattle win, did you make it back from the hike on time to catch the action?

Appreciate all the words on the winter sunset and red&snow images. I hiked around for about three hours yesterday, and this was literally the only color other than dull brown and white that I saw.

Feb 03, 2014 at 01:46 PM
Zichar
• • • •
p.3550 #12 · p.3550 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thanks guys. I try I try
And sometimes I fail
Have been wrestling with a 16 shot pano of the entire harbour since yesterday
From boats lined up at the waterfront to the squid drying by the coop building
It. just. refuses. to. stitch.
Gah!

>>

Just wrote it off as a lost cause
Here's one of the other lady who appeared after we bought stuff
She didn't look friendly so she got no sale from us heh heh

data on personal equipment by Zichar, on Flickr

Feb 03, 2014 at 02:24 PM
Zichar
• • • •
p.3550 #13 · p.3550 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I wouldn't have noticed them if you didn't mention it Leighton
They look like emus perhaps?

Feb 03, 2014 at 02:25 PM
asiostygius
• • • •
p.3550 #14 · p.3550 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thanks everyone for the comments.

Georg, for HDRs I use Photomatix 4.0; the program offers several presets, and as I am not a PP guru, I simply select the less overdone result possible from the several presets.

Rafael, great demo of 15/3.5 capabilities for gardens and architecture;

Bigdee, fantastic sunset! Was the shot taken in the "old good days" or more recently?

John, as usual, gorgeous landscapes.

Feb 03, 2014 at 06:43 PM
Oosty
• • • •
p.3550 #15 · p.3550 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

georgms wrote:
Rafael, impressive shots with the maxed-out 400/3.5! Eliminating vibrations is a bit difficult with this combo, I assume.
Btw, if the bird is a crowned-crane: there's a good reason for keeping those birds at a distance - about 10 years back a crowned crane "picked" through mesh-wire a visible dent into my lens while I was trying to get a cool super-wide portrait ;-)

The reason, Georg, is that the bird must have seen its reflection and this is seen as another bird in its territory. It is common with many birds to attack car wing mirrors and there was one instance where a ground hornbill pecked holes in a beautifully polished car at one of our game reserves

Feb 03, 2014 at 07:28 PM
Ken Hill
• • •
p.3550 #16 · p.3550 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Yesterday was a beautiful, sunny day. Today we have thick fog so here I sit.

Raphael - South of Chama, NM we saw a sign that read "monastery 18 miles --->" Following it along switchbacks and 4wd we arrived at a compound built in 1964 with solar panels and generators. A monk, in a robe and sandals, who had lived there for 35 years without ever leaving told me that good shots are tough and told me his PP techniques with Photoshop.
Samy - I appreciate your comments coming from someone with the eye you have for architecture.
Leighton - The general store is something disappearing from the national landscape. Regarding the shelter sign, the shop owner was a law abiding individual because if I recall correctly there was a penalty under law for removing it.
Greg - Very nice sunset that is perfectly framed.
Mr. G. - Vettes and lenses have the same DNA, you sell one and then want to but another. What's your next one going to be?
Steve - I was at a loss to describe the lanterns - just amazed at the cool framing and color.
John - The 16mm fisheye shots overhead are great. The 45 really captures the well traveled trail, very inviting.
Ray (OH) - Snowflakes that are crisp and the offset by the red berries make this cold photo look very warm.
Mihai - Any time is a good time for Italian food! Forget coming here during this season! The new days of the week are rain, hot, ice storm, sunshine, snow, sunny and fog.
Georg - Yes, the 105mm 2.5 Ai-S is starting to grow on me. It's perfect for the narrow streets in Charleston because if you crop away the cars and trucks you find in the 28mm what's left is the framing found in thev105
Zichar - The market scene DOF is perfect.

Yesterday was sunny and warm! The Citadel is the South Carolina Military College founded in 1842 and located in Charleston. Its a beautiful campus. Like VMI (Virginia Military Institute) that some regard as the West Point of the South, the Corps of Cadets have been graduating young people entering military service. The class ring is over 5ft (1.7m) high and a donation to the school.

All shot with the 50mm 1.2. No crop.

The Class Ring. The red and white squares represent South Carolins battle flag!

NIKON D800    50mm    f/8.0    1/125s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  

Feb 03, 2014 at 07:46 PM
Ken Hill
• • •
p.3550 #17 · p.3550 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

The Parade ground with the Padgett-Thomas Barracks in the background. The barracks was built in 1922 and the quadrangle is also slabs of red and white squares.

A great test of the lens None the less lots of fun

© Ken Hill 2014

NIKON D800    50mm    f/8.0    1/320s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  

© Ken Hill 2014

NIKON D800    50mm    f/11.0    1/200s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  

Feb 03, 2014 at 08:04 PM
MDoc9523
• • • • •
p.3550 #18 · p.3550 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

pbraymond wrote:
Ray, eighteen hours and no one's challenged this statement yet? We must be slipping.

Ray your berry/snow shots are really amazing. You have a way of nailing the red colors that give me such trouble - very very nice photos!

I admit I was a little surprised that I didn't get any flack over my sales. Of course that is usually where Curtis would chime in.
My kit now consists of the 16mm 3.5, 20mm 3.5, 35mm 1.4, 55mm 1.2, 85mm 1.4, 105mm 2.5, 180mm 2.8 ED, and the 300mm 4.5 And I could not be happier. Plus now I have some money to go to the Camera swap meet with Ken at the end of the month

Leighton I pick the color version

Ken another set of terrific photos. Looks like a beautiful day!

Feb 03, 2014 at 08:20 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.3550 #19 · p.3550 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Ken Hill wrote:
The Parade ground with the Padgett-Thomas Barracks in the background. The barracks was built in 1922 and the quadrangle is also slabs of red and white squares.

A great test of the lens None the less lots of fun

Ken, I love the framing on the first shot, very nice.

Feb 03, 2014 at 09:49 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.3550 #20 · p.3550 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Ray, looks like you almost have the perfect kit, except for one lens that's missing!

Feb 03, 2014 at 09:56 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password