FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3547      
       3549              5887       5888       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

asiostygius
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3548 #1 · p.3548 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Another close up of my "little friend", the voracious praying mantis which lately is inhabiting my balcony's little garden.
This time no exotic lens combo, just the usual 55/3.5 micro.

Praying Mantis preying upon a wasp by labecoaves, on Flickr

D7100 + Micro-Nikkor 55mm f/3.5 ai + tripod + Nissin macroflash, ISO 200, f/8 at 1/60s, ~50%crop. The difficulty here is the small working distance, but fortunately this guy (in fact a girl!) was more interested in her food than paying attention to me

Mar 22, 2014 at 02:22 PM
Reagan
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3548 #2 · p.3548 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Ken Hill wrote:
Another day in Paradise as we say here!

Reagan "what print? I didn't see no print!" Curious to the lighting, at first glance the glass looked like Leighton's frozen "hoop house." I shoot a lot of weapons and need that INFO!

When I say "print" about the Airweight it means you can't see it under my shirt
The table was a round frosted glass one on a deck with a lantern under it for light

Reagan

45 cal Spring loaded drum 60 shot

My Bonnie Her Clyde

Mar 22, 2014 at 02:48 PM
Ken Hill
• • •
p.3548 #3 · p.3548 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Jose, yes what I got was an eBay shocker. Before I comment more I must tell you your captures of things small are the very best! The 35-70 ... The seller said "mint" and it was. I've posted a couple more for you. When I bought my 180 2.8ED last year for $60 from the same camera swap Ray and Reagan met me at a few weeks ago! It was covered in grunge, and I told the story before on this thread. The glass was about perfect and I saw name "Jose" electro penciled in the body. I use a patch of "Hoppes No. 9," a gun cleaning bore solvent on the body (sparingly) and was surprised how well it came out. The "Jose" was a part of an inscription "San Jose Mercury News," a well respected west coast newspaper!

Reagan I thank you for the tip. I'll try it. Nice shot of the "Chicago typewriter" too! My 1911 prints, believe me!

Ken Hill 2014

Very nice copy!

NIKON D700    28mm    f/2.8    1/50s    800 ISO    0.0 EV  

Ken Hill 2014

The glass

NIKON D700    28mm    f/2.8    1/60s    800 ISO    0.0 EV  

Ken Hill 2014

San Jose Mercury News - 180 2.8ED - bargain and keeper.

NIKON D700    50mm    f/11.0    1/60s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  

Edited on Mar 22, 2014 at 07:11 PM · View previous versions

Mar 22, 2014 at 03:17 PM
MDoc9523
• • • • •
p.3548 #4 · p.3548 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I can't believe that I am caught up! I want to thank everyone for your comments and likes on my recent efforts. This thread means a lot to me because of the terrific folks that hang out here. Peace!

Reagan love the "lightbox" Great idea for a photo and your Bonnie & clyde is such a cool shot!

Ken what a beautiful sunrise. Nicely captured!

Jay the flower photo certainly has some pop to it!

Kevin beautiful gun

Gregg that must have been a heartbreaking sound when the seat hit the D7000 - so sorry I love the rust and it looks like the 28mm 2.0 has some kinda bokeh!

Scott the train must be an elaborate setup. You do such a terrific job capturing the trains!

Curtis I see you have not lost your "touch" during your sabbatical. I really love the fern photo but the graphical shot takes the prize out of these. I love the rendering of the 55mm 1.2. That was a lens that I thought I didn't need because of having the 1.4 version, but I have to say that it is one lens that i have learned to love!

John great photos using the 400mm. You do such a good job with it and the scenery is breathtaking!

Jose what a collection of 55mm 1.2's. They are beautiful - congrats! Those are some beautiful guns. What an amazing macro of the praying mantis. Super well done!

Jay beautiful bokeh and a great capture!

Ken what a great collection from the C.C.C.P.(I like the color version better) and that 35-70 is one beautiful lens!!!

Mar 22, 2014 at 03:23 PM
MDoc9523
• • • • •
p.3548 #5 · p.3548 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Here's a couple more from the Hillsborough River State Park

Mar 22, 2014 at 03:31 PM
Mr. G
• • •
p.3548 #6 · p.3548 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

cadman342001 wrote:
Jeez, america must be one helluva dangerous place !

Actually much safer. The least crime is in Arizona where open carry is legal, think John Wayne.

Criminals think twice about committing a "Crime against persons" when said persons may be armed.

Gregg

Mar 22, 2014 at 03:41 PM
Mr. G
• • •
p.3548 #7 · p.3548 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

MDoc9523 wrote:

Here's a couple more from the Hillsborough River State Park

http://raysteele.zenfolio.com/img/s8/v75/p1863733714-5.jpg

Ray; Really liking this one, I'm a sucker for flowing water photos. EXIF says 4 sec exposure. Did you carry a tripod all day or did you set the camera on a rock?

Mar 22, 2014 at 03:52 PM
rafaelcasd
• • • •
p.3548 #8 · p.3548 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

cadman342001 wrote:
Jeez, america must be one helluva dangerous place !

Andy, not at all, the US is very safe; these guns are toys just like the Nikkor lenses are, going to the range, the mountains or the desert for target shooting is quite fun, Hunting wild pigs in central California a great pasttime, and there is the added benefit of sleeping really well at night even when all alone in the house.

Edited on Mar 22, 2014 at 04:45 PM · View previous versions

Mar 22, 2014 at 04:27 PM
rafaelcasd
• • • •
p.3548 #9 · p.3548 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Mishu01 wrote:
After looking at your arsenal Sir, I need to carefully choose my words

BTW I love the classy look of the Smith & Wesson toy...

Toys they are Mihai, stop by and I will take you to the desert to punch some holes and blow a propane tank or two. If a burglar ever came into my house the only damage would be to the ceiling and maybe the roof tiles above, but I would bet the burglar does not come back.

nikon nikkor 28mm D800 Propane light SKS more detail more contrast by Rafael CA, on Flickr

Edited on Mar 22, 2014 at 04:47 PM · View previous versions

Mar 22, 2014 at 04:31 PM
rafaelcasd
• • • •
p.3548 #10 · p.3548 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

asiostygius wrote:
Thanks all for the comments. The rainbow was pure luck, since it dissapeared few minutes after the shot.

Lots of great images, as usual.

Ken, congrats on the 35-70/3.5 and the debut shots; by the way your copy is spanking pristine-like! Did you received the lens in this condition or did you used any kind of liquid product for cleaning the body??

Ray, stunning BIF with the 135/2!

Georg, what a awesome zoo set; liked the most the first one with the isolation of monkey's head.

Even delayed one day , happy birthday to Sue!

Gregg, loved the rust stuff and bokeh playing;

James, great
...Show more

Jose, I pass on buying 'bargain' grade and look for excellent+ and better samples. Whenever a 'new' lens arrives I spend hours partially disassembling and thoroughly cleaning it, only use alcohol optics wipes, cotton q-tips, and canned air. I may retouch small blemishes with an industrial grade black sharpie, but do not try to fix large blemishes as they only end up looking worse.

Edited on Mar 22, 2014 at 05:02 PM · View previous versions

Mar 22, 2014 at 04:40 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

rafaelcasd
• • • •
p.3548 #11 · p.3548 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Reagan wrote:
When I say "print" about the Airweight it means you can't see it under my shirt
The table was a round frosted glass one on a deck with a lantern under it for light

Reagan

Reagan, which of my lenses do you want for the Tommy gun with the Drum?

Mar 22, 2014 at 04:42 PM
Mishu01
• • • •
p.3548 #12 · p.3548 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

rafaelcasd wrote:
Toys they are Mihai, stop by and I will take you to the desert to punch some holes and blow a propane tank or two. If a burglar ever came into my house the only damage would be to the ceiling and maybe the roof tiles above, but I would bet the burglar does not come back.

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2879/9280419269_c888b0a0ed_z.jpg
nikon nikkor 28mm D800 Propane light SKS more detail more contrast by Rafael CA, on Flickr

That sound great Rafael... need to check my agenda first Well, distance may be a problem

Well, seriously now, I hope to not see the toys playing in vicinity... since I live 20 miles from ukrainian border...

Mar 22, 2014 at 06:26 PM
Reagan
• • • •
p.3548 #13 · p.3548 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

rafaelcasd wrote:
Reagan, which of my lenses do you want for the Tommy gun with the Drum?

Not my gun It belongs to this guy My cousins husband

R

Mar 22, 2014 at 06:36 PM
Mishu01
• • • •
p.3548 #14 · p.3548 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Ken Hill wrote:
I will add a glamour shot of some things I have had since '91. The CCCP Air Officers hat has the tag from the GUM department store in Moscow and the flask, well that was a present too! The pistol is a Polish version of the Russian PPsh in 7.62x25mm with standard issue 35 rd magazines. People in NY, Ca and Ct avert your eyes

Ken, no pun intended... as for me... and I'm sure for Georg too... this is not a glamour shot... I'm personally bored by the Russian military hat... and I'm still terrified by the stories from my family about the "glorious" behavior of Red Army in our part of the world. My grandparents lost everything because of "CCCP" and they had to live as refugees, hidding for many years after the WWII to not be deported in Siberia. My father and his generation, when in high school, was forced to sing praise to Stalin in every single morning... and it was not fun at all.

Mar 22, 2014 at 06:37 PM
Reagan
• • • •
p.3548 #15 · p.3548 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Anyone looking to see some cool machine guns in action go to You Tube and look up
"Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot" I would provide a link but there are too many
A cool place in Western Kentucky

R

Last of my "Gun Talk"

Mar 22, 2014 at 06:45 PM
adh67
• • •
p.3548 #16 · p.3548 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Great pictures the last two days, I do like the "like" button as I do not have enough time during the week to comment on all. Here are a few from my trip to Los Angeles last month.

Bert

Bert de Haan

D7100 - 50mm f1.8 Ai s

Bert de Haan

D7100 - 50mm f1.8 Ai s

Bert de Haan

D7100 - 28mm f3.5 Ai

Mar 22, 2014 at 07:31 PM
Ken Hill
• • •
p.3548 #17 · p.3548 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Mishu01 wrote:
Ken, no pun intended... as for me... and I'm sure for Georg too... this is not a glamour shot... I'm personally bored by the Russian military hat... and I'm still terrified by the stories from my family about the "glorious" behavior of Red Army in our part of the world. My grandparents lost everything because of "CCCP" and they had to live as refugees, hidding for many years after the WWII to not be deported in Siberia. My father and his generation, when in high school, was forced to sing praise to Stalin in every single morning... and it was
...Show more

Mihai ... Gone. I understand what you say! My twins were visiting Berlin when the wall came down. We saw the remnants of it and the celebration of families re-united it was exhilarating. We visited the Egyptian and the Pergammon Museums, closed to the west for years and surrounded by a canvas "Potemkin Village," hiding bombed remains from 45 years before. We drove to Potsdam, to the decaying San Souci.

Later went to Moscow after that St. Petersburg and saw the "Hermitage" before its reopening. I left before the 1991 "coup" that found Gorbachov, a Georgian, hiding in the Crimea. Things were as unsettled then as now.

Among those things are memories shared with me by friends that were raised in the eastern bloc. No story was a good one. One memory that may please you about the "hat" is that a US officer was able to buy one at the GUM for rubles and not get shot!

Are we okay?

Mar 22, 2014 at 07:42 PM
Mishu01
• • • •
p.3548 #18 · p.3548 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Ken, be sure that we are okay and be sure that my comment was not with the intention to remove the pics... No way!... they are part of the history and it is good and important to see and to remember... My only intention... and my English is not helping me very much was to tell that what seems to be funny for some, like an idiot shape of a military Russian hat (we did lot of fun here regarding that shape - still used as of today in the former CCCP world), as you said with irony "glamour shot" for some have not a fun but a sad meaning... Forgive me if by sharing my own "background" I was too blunt in this context... and again... 100% my comment was not against the picture... but in this thread I always was free to share things that are not related to our love for MF Nikkors and for photografy... My bad Ken and I really hope that we are okay! Please add back the image!

Mar 22, 2014 at 07:59 PM
rafaelcasd
• • • •
p.3548 #19 · p.3548 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

While the tools and weapons of humanity are often put to bad use, they can also be used for sport and pure enjoyment. I am fortunate enough that never a weapon of any sort has been used against or by me against anyone.

It is like Mr. Nobel having second thoughts about inventing dynamite, once the genie leaves the bottle it cannot be put back in. Might as well enjoy the positive side.

One manner to derive such pure enjoyment is to take a young man, preferably of Canadian, European or Australian origin who has never shot a gun, and take him to the California desert with a few guns and targets; some passive like paper targets, some active like little propane tanks.

The young man will be thrilled setting the targets, this particular one is from Barcelona.

nikon nikkor 35mm 1.4 D3 Catalan setting clays with 357 magnum by Rafael CA, on Flickr

Taking aim at them.

nikon nikkor 35mm 1.4 D3 Catalan shooting clays with 357 magnum by Rafael CA, on Flickr

But he will have far more fun with the active target, which can be seen flying towards him as its contents burn away

nikon nikkor 35mm 1.4 D3 Catalan shooting propane by Rafael CA, on Flickr

nikon nikkor 35mm 1.4 D3 Catalan shooting propane with Russian SKS by Rafael CA, on Flickr

Mar 22, 2014 at 11:18 PM
ramkumar999
• • •
p.3548 #20 · p.3548 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Finally some catching up for last two days posts..

Jose, Loved your rainbow shot. When I was living on 20th floor, I had opportunity to shoot many of them, but sadly none were shot on MF glass. I also loved your mantis shot.
Scott, Excellent Tulips.. love the colours., nice train.
Curtis, loved your 85mm shots and the outdoor shots.
Ron, nice shot with the 50mm f2, I love mine too. Real neat and sharp.
Chuong, good shot of the kids with the 55mm f1.2, And good luc on your job change.
George, excellent shots with your 400mm f3.5.. Yours is really sharp wide open..Mine gets sharper only by f5.6.
Ray (Florida)., nice BIF on manual glass.. its a great shot too..
Andy..nice b/w shots of city scape.
David, I love your beach-sunset series, esp the "DSC_7847" shot.
Ken, I am sure you enjoyed your camping trip.. congrats on the 35-70..looks really clean..I love your sunset shot very much!
James, nice shot with the 135mm f2., love the lighting on the chess board.
Reagon, nice gun shot..
Jay, Love your flower shot..
Kevin., nice gun..
Gregg., nice shots with the 28mm f2..
John., nice shots with the 400mm..
Rafael, wow.. if I could find a 55mm f1.2 for $250., then I would get one.. I see super hyped up
Bert., nice shots with the nifty fifty.

Here is my contribution for the day. I have been experimenting with the 28mm f2.8 AIS.

This is a 360 degree pano shot of my apartment condo taken with the 28mm. Around 60 shots combined used PTGUI.

Me, My current home by ramkumar999, on Flickr

Mar 22, 2014 at 11:58 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password