Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3532      
       3534              4143       4144       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

bruni
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3533 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Hey Reagan - long time no hear. Too long. You're still doing car shows huh? There was a huge vintage car show here today forAustralia Day ....lol...... (I'm over the limit, I know)

ben

Jan 26, 2014 at 09:10 AM
Oosty
• • • •
p.3533 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

To expand on the theme here are 3 previously unpublished images from our trip to France last year.

All with my ai'd 28 2.8

Aguille du Midi, Mont Blanc

NIKON D200    0.0 mm f/0.0 lens    28mm    f/2.8    1/8000s    250 ISO    0.0 EV  

Globe Artichokes Chamonix market

NIKON D200    0.0 mm f/0.0 lens    28mm    f/2.8    1/750s    250 ISO    0.0 EV  

Salami - Chamonix market

NIKON D200    0.0 mm f/0.0 lens    28mm    f/2.8    1/1600s    250 ISO    0.0 EV  

Jan 26, 2014 at 09:20 AM
HCE HCE
• •
p.3533 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Peter You are making that 28 sing! Aguille du Midi, Mont Blanc is especially nice.

-Jay-

Jan 26, 2014 at 10:46 AM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.3533 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Great to see old friends bantering away once again, part of the reason this is a special place on the internet. It's also good to see new folks join the thread and be so willing to share.

I'm not sure another big lens adventure is the way to go either, but perhaps something like Curtis or Peter mentioned. Besides, after Nikki made it to the valley, and I had a turn with her, I wanted one for months afterwards. So I REALLY don't want to be lusting over a Zeiss 135/2!

Let's hear from you new folks, this is just as much your thread as anyone elses.

Jan 26, 2014 at 10:55 AM
Mishu01
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3533 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Due to huge snow from last night I'm prisoner in my own house Welcome to Romania

CGrindahl wrote:
I think something a bit less adventurous is in order. Any ideas?

Curtis, no offence but with "less adventurous" we will get "less enthusiasm". IMHO we need to think something "more adventurous" in order to bring more enthusiasm. Instead to play different games I'll advocate for a traditional 'Nikki like' adventure at each two years, but keeping it simple (one week each participant) and with a recommended focus. If we send a WA to pick i.e. "landmarks"... if we send a telephoto to pick "portraits" etc... And I'll strongly advocate to keep the same blog. Doing so we will definitely leave a heritage... something that will be really unique, from a unique community around the world.

Andy, good one with Mr.Cadman?

Samy, love the flare and ghosted Capitol...

Georg while this kind of architecture is not my favorite I really love your PP technique!

Reagan You nailed it with Leighton gemini... No comment about the second picture...

Ben your last series looks a bit underexposed on my screen but that one with the crying child is magnificent. I'd pay more attention to it.

Peter your abilities to produce such as great pictures with old technology like D200 make me be full of envy All are great but Mont Blanc is really breathtaking...

Leighton we love to spend your money. Not necessary for a Zeiss though but I have nothing against this idea

Guys please say a prayer for us... I just found that in a few hours we will enter the Red Code for a snow storm... I really does not know what that means... the upper level I ever met was Orange Code. Maybe Apocalypse? I hate global warming.

Jan 26, 2014 at 11:28 AM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
p.3533 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I wound up with one,

leighton w wrote:
Great to see old friends bantering away once again, part of the reason this is a special place on the internet. It's also good to see new folks join the thread and be so willing to share.

I'm not sure another big lens adventure is the way to go either, but perhaps something like Curtis or Peter mentioned. Besides, after Nikki made it to the valley, and I had a turn with her, I wanted one for months afterwards. So I REALLY don't want to be lusting over a Zeiss 135/2!

Let's hear from you new folks, this
...Show more

Jan 26, 2014 at 12:28 PM
georgms
• • • •
p.3533 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Mihai, I hope the snow-storm won't harm you and your dearest. It's even a bit colder over here, but without any snow.

Peter, wow, that's very nice work with your 28/2.8! I like the Mont-Blanc-shot a lot and the Salami looks really delicious.

Ben, the 500's are really cool. Love your take on the walking ladies. Excellent point of view and framing on the crying youngster!

Reagan, my fav from your set is the driver talking with the official. The "Boss" is a nice catch

Jan 26, 2014 at 12:34 PM
HCE HCE
• •
p.3533 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Ben I like the lineup of little cars, they look eager to get out in traffic.
What are they, Simcas?

I just watched Nikki's travels and wound up getting a plain coating model!

-Jay-

Jan 26, 2014 at 12:46 PM
Reagan
• • • •
p.3533 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

georgms wrote:
Reagan, my fav from your set is the driver talking with the official. The "Boss" is a nice catch

The National Street Rod Association ( NSRA) is at large car shows inspecting cars for street safety
It is quite a thorough inspection but a very respected decal to have on your car
My friend passed as I did last year

Reagan

Another great set Ben I have really missed your work

Jan 26, 2014 at 12:51 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.3533 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

NightOwl Cat wrote:
I wound up with one,

It must be old homecoming week. Good to see you.

Jan 26, 2014 at 01:26 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

leighton w
• • • • •
p.3533 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

HCE HCE wrote:
I just watched Nikki's travels and wound up getting a plain coating model!

-Jay-

Jan 26, 2014 at 01:26 PM
Zichar
• • • •
p.3533 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Oh the Fiat 500! Welcome back Ben. Have missed you around here

Peter, the one with Mont Blanc is spectacular. The salami on the other hand seem fungated

I've got no good idea about a new adventure. I do miss the old one though. If I were to change something, I'd have wished another lens had made its way back across at the same time. One from East to West, while the other from West to East.

Jan 26, 2014 at 01:29 PM
Zichar
• • • •
p.3533 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

There's an interesting story behind this
But I've gotta leave it for another day
The drudgery begins with ironing my workshirt for Monday morning

On a cold gloomy morning
For when the clouds threatened to unfurl their arms
Cradling grey grey puddles of water

28 2.8 AIS

on the catwalk by Zichar, on Flickr

Jan 26, 2014 at 03:03 PM
HCE HCE
• •
p.3533 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Chin Cool image, they look like laundry. I'll bet cats love this place.
-Jay-

Jan 26, 2014 at 03:59 PM
mp356
• • • •
p.3533 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl wrote:
I see Leighton headed down to Florida for a spell now that winter is in full force. Great you caught a photo of him Reagan...

I don't recognize the person in the second photo... but I had NO doubt about who took it...

Jan 26, 2014 at 04:52 PM
mp356
• • • •
p.3533 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thank you everyone for the comments on the church village scene. Yes Ray, that is the same masonic building.

Andy, nice series. I like the image of the dog. Nice color and detail.

Curtis, really like the gate shot. It is just missing your signature flowers.

Samy, nice images. The 400 speed film does look grainy doesn't it. We are spoiled by these high-res digital sensors.

Georg, nice work with the PC 35 2.8. If that becomes the around the world lens of choice, you will have to give me lessons on how to use it.

Reagan, nice sunny warm series.

Ben, I forget you are in the middle of summer there. Looking out my window the wind is blowing, everything is white, and the wood fire is a burning. Nice candid street shots.

Peter, fantastic image of Mont Blanc. Were you hang gliding or parachuting to get this perspective?

Chin, like Jay says, this does look like laundry on a line at first.

Jan 26, 2014 at 05:07 PM
Jeephoto

p.3533 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Oosty wrote:
As an alternative to an "Around the World trip" why not start a "virtual" tour by picking a focal length that is common to many of us, say 28mm?

If Leighton ( or someone else who knows his way round the blogosphere, which I don't) is up to it, we could resuscitate the Nikki blog or set up another?

We could accomplish quite a lot very quickly and then perhaps move to another focal length. Using obscure lenses would limit the interaction, while the 28 2.8 in any form is common and relatively cheap to buy for those who would
...Show more

I'm new here and loving this thread; I come here first each time I get online. I saw some posts when the lens traveled and would have loved participating. How did you decide who got it, how long they kept it, and who got it next?

I think it would be cool if we did a series like mentioned above; pick a certain focal length, or certain lens. Since we are worldwide, each person photograph what is unique to their region with the same lens. Example: Lens - 28 mm, 2.0, 2.8, 3.5; Texas, Dallas Cowboys, Ft Worth Stockyards, Dealey Plaza (JFK assassination); Seattle, ferries, fish market, Space Needle; San Francisco, bridges, streetcars, hills.

Either way y'all decide, I want to be a part of it.

~ Larry

Edited on Jan 26, 2014 at 05:23 PM · View previous versions

Jan 26, 2014 at 05:19 PM
mp356
• • • •
p.3533 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Winter street shooting. Even "Life is Good" needs a winter break. Taken with the 25-50 Ai. Thanks for looking.
Scott

Jan 26, 2014 at 05:22 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.3533 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Peter - Love the salami shot. I wish our market had something like that.

Chin - Now I Know our market wouldn't have these. A great shot nonetheless.

Scott - Very cool shot with the first one. This is something I've always wanted to try.

Jan 26, 2014 at 07:24 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.3533 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Jeephoto wrote:
I'm new here and loving this thread; I come here first each time I get online. I saw some posts when the lens traveled and would have loved participating. How did you decide who got it, how long they kept it, and who got it next?

I think it would be cool if we did a series like mentioned above; pick a certain focal length, or certain lens. Since we are worldwide, each person photograph what is unique to their region with the same lens. Example: Lens - 28 mm, 2.0, 2.8, 3.5; Texas, Dallas Cowboys, Ft Worth Stockyards, Dealey Plaza
...Show more
Ok Larry, I elect you to spearhead the new adventure! Just kidding.

Curtis and I came up with the idea and then asked who wanted to participate. After that, Curtis wrote out the "rules" and itinerary, while I handled the blog. Each person had it approximately two weeks and then shipped it to the next on the list. Everyone cooperated to a tee with this and it was an honor to be a part of it.

Jan 26, 2014 at 07:32 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password