Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3529      
3530
       3531              3821       3822       end
  

Manual Focus Nikon Glass
  
 
rolubich
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3530 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


georgms wrote:
I don't think so - but architecture is for sure the most common subject for shift-lenses. The "modern" PC-Nikkor's 45 and 85mm with tilt are "Micro-Nikkor"-labeled and great tools for still-lifes and product-photographie.
I hope the small and light PC 35/2.8 will be a good and versatile lens for all kind of subjects.
Btw, Jose did a beautiful flower-close-up with the PC 35/2.8.


I did a test some time ago (D700) to check 35mm f/2.8 PC AIS (last version) performance.

Here is a collage of the crops.

centro = center
angolo = corner (extreme corner)

Ditrection of shift is horizontally.

As if shifted the lens has some field curvature and strong astigmatism, the last column crops have been obtained refocusing on the extreme corner.

Hope this help



Jan 25, 2014 at 07:21 AM
bruni
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3530 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


I haven't posted for a while but I went out with the 50 - 135mm f3.5 today so I thought I might be let back in, briefly. Thought of you Leighton as I struggled with the focus.

(and one with the 55)

ben















Jan 25, 2014 at 10:01 AM
cadman342001
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3530 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


jhinkey wrote:
Another one from last night - I took 10 pano sets and this if the first of those post processed.
It's been very foggy lately and the air still had a bit of fog in it when these were taken hence the lack of contrast and it's not super sharp at 100% as it usually is with this lens - atmospheric conditions play a huge role in sharpness at 400mm!

D800 + 400/5.6 ED-AI @ f/8, ISO 200, 1/60 sec



Love the colours of the mountains in the golden light on this one John. Super pano !

Andy



Jan 25, 2014 at 10:21 AM
cadman342001
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3530 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Here's one for Curtis. 180/2.8 wide open.


_DSC5712 by cadman342001, on Flickr

Andy



Jan 25, 2014 at 10:25 AM
Lieutenant Z
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3530 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass



Ben ? There was a guy from Sydney who posted very fine pictures in the same style as yours here but it was a long time ago and I no longer remember his name



Jan 25, 2014 at 10:25 AM
leighton w
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3530 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Thanks for commenting Andy and Scott.

Gregg, love the rust shot!

Andy, really like the signs.





Jan 25, 2014 at 11:11 AM
bruni
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3530 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Lieutenant Z wrote:
Ben ? There was a guy from Sydney who posted very fine pictures in the same style as yours here but it was a long time ago and I no longer remember his name


yeah? maybe all that vignetting has clouded your brain.



Jan 25, 2014 at 11:12 AM
leighton w
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3530 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


bruni wrote:
I haven't posted for a while but I went out with the 50 - 135mm f3.5 today so I thought I might be let back in, briefly. Thought of you Leighton as I struggled with the focus.

(and one with the 55)

ben


Well well well, if it isn't Nikki's father. How the heck are you? Good to see you back on here, and shooting with what might be my favorite lens!

You showing up might even bring Curtis out of retirement.



Jan 25, 2014 at 11:15 AM
Lieutenant Z
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3530 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


bruni wrote:
yeah? maybe all that vignetting has clouded your brain.


brain? what is it ?



Jan 25, 2014 at 11:21 AM
bruni
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3530 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


leighton w wrote:
Well well well, if it isn't Nikki's father. How the heck are you? Good to see you back on here, and shooting with what might be my favorite lens!

You showing up might even bring Curtis out of retirement.


retirement?? I saw him on a thread for the new df - so I assumed he was about to make a big purchase. I came back to see his df pics - you mean he's not here?
I'm great Leighton - loving your landscapes on flickr. You asked me about the heat - it's not hot at all, not for summer. It's been cloudy all week but I put the Leica Rs aside and went out with the nikons even though the weather was lousy.
But I've got to say Leighton - I can't get out of the 50 - 135 what you manage. Tomorrow I'm going to try the 70 - 150mm, that's probably my favourite zoom.

ben



Jan 25, 2014 at 11:28 AM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



leighton w
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3530 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


bruni wrote:
retirement?? I saw him on a thread for the new df - so I assumed he was about to make a big purchase. I came back to see his df pics - you mean he's not here?
I'm great Leighton - loving your landscapes on flickr. You asked me about the heat - it's not hot at all, not for summer. It's been cloudy all week but I put the Leica Rs aside and went out with the nikons even though the weather was lousy.
But I've got to say Leighton - I can't get out of the 50 - 135
...Show more

I think you did fine with the 50-135.

Curtis has been AWOL for a while. He's taken a little break from here and concentrating on his work with the non-profit he volunteers for.



Jan 25, 2014 at 11:42 AM
bruni
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3530 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


leighton w wrote:
I think you did fine with the 50-135.

Curtis has been AWOL for a while. He's taken a little break from here and concentrating on his work with the non-profit he volunteers for.


that's what was happening months ago. Are you sure he hasn't jumped ship and switched back to Canon? Or god forbid, micro four thirds??

Well, we'll have to rattle his cage somehow, doesn't he know he's got responsibilities??!!

ben



Jan 25, 2014 at 11:48 AM
georgms
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3530 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Ben, I'm glad to see you here again! Nice set, my fav is the street-fashion-shot. I just had a look at the "Fashion Magazine by Bruce Gilden" and wondered who at this thread would appreciate this kind of photography - maybe our friend Ben ;-)


Jan 25, 2014 at 01:28 PM
georgms
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3530 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


georgms wrote:
I don't think so - but architecture is for sure the most common subject for shift-lenses. The "modern" PC-Nikkor's 45 and 85mm with tilt are "Micro-Nikkor"-labeled and great tools for still-lifes and product-photographie.
I hope the small and light PC 35/2.8 will be a good and versatile lens for all kind of subjects.
Btw, Jose did a beautiful flower-close-up with the PC 35/2.8.

rolubich wrote:
I did a test some time ago (D700) to check 35mm f/2.8 PC AIS (last version) performance.

Here is a collage of the crops.

centro = center
angolo = corner (extreme corner)

Ditrection of shift is horizontally.

As if shifted the lens has some field curvature and strong astigmatism, the last column crops have been obtained refocusing on the extreme corner.

Hope this help



Roberto, I'm very glad to hear/read from you again! I recall some of your shots with the PC 35/2.8 (a theatre hall and a tree, if memory serves).
Thanks for sharing your test - very interesting and I took the liberty to save your collage as strictly personal and private used reference.
Hope that's okay, otherwise I would delete "my copy".

It was really cold today and I just shot a couple of frames - handheld and not careful about technical and pictorial quality.
This quick and dirty "test" confirmed your results - the fully shifted) corners are soft, no matter how much the lens is stopped down.
But the corner-softness at f/8 is just a "softness" compared to the "fuzziness" of the PC 28/3.5 under the same conditions.
I was surprised in a positive way about the PC 35/2.8's distortion - the PC 28/3.5 is worse for sure.


Unbenannt von georgsfoto auf Flickr
very first try of a PC 35/2.8 at f/8 - full shift upwards, Nikon D700
Flickr added a lot of sharpening to this

edit:no distortion-correction applied, just rotated 0.5 degrees to deal with the photographers faultiness, bottom cropped a wee bit



Jan 25, 2014 at 01:49 PM
georgms
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3530 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Andy, love the creamy bokeh of your still-life with the 180/2.8!


John, I wonder what you're doing with all your wonderful super-high-rez panoramics? Are you printing those images? Or are you "just happy" if a shoot turned out as looked-for, save it, post it here and move on to the next shot?

Gregg, I like especially the close-ups from your latest set - very nice framing and great colors!



Jan 25, 2014 at 01:53 PM
saph
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3530 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Its been very exciting to see all the new folks jump into the forum, but equally pleasant is to see a couple of oldies (not in age ) pop back in the last couple pages, and the banter back and forth

And congrats Georg and Ray (FL) on your new lens acquisitions!



Jan 25, 2014 at 02:05 PM
georgms
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3530 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Another sloppy done "test" - two horizontal shots stitched together - one fully shifted upwards, the lower one with no or only minor shift.
It didn't stitch all too well, maybe result of a not leveled camera Handheld too).


2 careless framed horizontal shots stitched - PC 35/2.8 at f/8 - D700



Jan 25, 2014 at 02:21 PM
rolubich
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3530 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


georgms wrote:
Roberto, I'm very glad to hear/read from you again! I recall some of your shots with the PC 35/2.8 (a theatre hall and a tree, if memory serves).
Thanks for sharing your test - very interesting and I took the liberty to save your collage as strictly personal and private used reference.
Hope that's okay, otherwise I would delete "my copy".



Georg, you have a very good memory! Feel free to consider my file as it was yours.

I hope I will have more time to take pictures in the near future, anyway I keep following all of you and enjoying your pictures.




Jan 25, 2014 at 02:22 PM
Zichar
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3530 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Wow this thread is bustling - even Ben's here
I've got time to put one in
The criss-crossing wires reminded me of John
A 5 shot handheld pano with the 28 2.8 AIS



so which flavour do you want? by Zichar, on Flickr



Jan 25, 2014 at 02:23 PM
mp356
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3530 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Ben, so good to see you back! We have missed you and your great work from "down under." Very nice series you posted. Leighton has managed to get about a half dozen of us to pick up a copy of the 50-135. He is relentless. Of course, you put a spell on me and now I have a copy of the 85 1.8 HC "Nikki". One of my favorite lenses to use. Please keep posting and do not be a stranger.
Scott



Jan 25, 2014 at 02:28 PM
1       2       3              3529      
3530
       3531              3821       3822       end




FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3529      
3530
       3531              3821       3822       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password