1       2       3              3494      
       3496              5889       5890       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

georgms
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3495 #1 · p.3495 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w wrote:
Georg, thank you for saying everything I would have said to these guys. It allows me to be lazy and give a +1.

Leighton, it's not even 7 in the morning over at your place. At this time I dream about words like "lazy", and dreaming is my personal maximum in terms of activity at this time.

Mar 05, 2014 at 11:16 AM
leighton w
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3495 #2 · p.3495 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I'm REALLY not trying to mimic Georg at every opportunity, but thanks for the comments and likes on my recent set of images.

Mar 05, 2014 at 11:18 AM
the solitaire
• • • •
p.3495 #3 · p.3495 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

David, when you right click the image, copy the image URL. For your image it looks like this:

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/xxxx/

which shows the location of the image file followed by

filename.jpg which is the file name for the image on flickr.

This forum seems to be smart. When you paste the URL in your post it embeds the picture automatically, but make sure the URL ends with the file extension .jpg, showing you that you have the correct URL

Edited on Mar 05, 2014 at 11:42 AM · View previous versions

Mar 05, 2014 at 11:34 AM
lsds
• •
p.3495 #4 · p.3495 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

@David : This is the image you added..
I use the lazy option. In flickr I click the image and open it in a new window after selecting a resolution/size(here medium 800). Then copy the URL from the window and add it here..voila

I guess I am lazy

David's Image

Mar 05, 2014 at 11:50 AM
Zichar
• • • •
p.3495 #5 · p.3495 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Brilliant shot Georg, I love the gritty look from your B&Ws

The first cicada shot is excellent Jose. Creamy background and soft even light

Curtis: That cat's got a mean look. Not sure how the other cat from a few posts down would fare...

Heh buddy, that's some transition, from Nitro to a tiger!

Welcome David. I recognize you from my flickr comments Glad you'd join us here

Mar 05, 2014 at 12:24 PM
Zichar
• • • •
p.3495 #6 · p.3495 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

They built the houses so close to each other I couldn't help but take a shot
Plus it's got rust!

the chase is over by Zichar, on Flickr

Mar 05, 2014 at 12:25 PM
leighton w
• • • • • •
p.3495 #7 · p.3495 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

lsds wrote:
@David : This is the image you added..
I use the lazy option. In flickr I click the image and open it in a new window after selecting a resolution/size(here medium 800). Then copy the URL from the window and add it here..voila

I guess I am lazy

David's Image
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2886/12925282613_05e0738c63_c.jpg

Thanks Lester. Just goes to show that you can learn something new every day! But it's actually easier the other way since you, in essence, have to open the image twice with your method. Once to select it from the photostream, and then again to select the size. But if it works for you, then that's all that matters.

Mar 05, 2014 at 12:27 PM
lsds
• •
p.3495 #8 · p.3495 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w wrote:
But it's actually easier the other way since you, in essence, have to open the image twice with your method. Once to select it from the photostream, and then again to select the size. But if it works for you, then that's all that matters.

@Leighton: I told you I have gotten bad at being real lazy..Have also been promising myself to get the PC issue sorted to get LR working but laziness and winter are a bad coctail

Mar 05, 2014 at 12:30 PM
HCE HCE
• • •
p.3495 #9 · p.3495 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thanks for the likes and comments.

David The beach photo sure is a hit with me, looks very inviting.
Leighton Beautiful beautiful color, especially the sky and snow in the 2 degrees hoop house shot!
Ken Thanks, great night color in AT its Apex.
Philippe The tones in the bridge shot are magnifique!
Ron Nice closeups of your wife's friends. Most birds here are seen from quite a distance.
Georg Great train set, very well presented, can we come over and play?
Charlie Like the 2nd flower floating in a sea of oof!
Ram Great cardinal shots, I wish I could get so close!
Jose Nice cicada! These are so well camouflaged I only get to listen to their melody.
Curtis Careful, that cat looks hungry!
Buddy Fine dog and cat portraits.
Chin Glad you looked between the buildings, very nice!

We continue to get rain, but yesterday was a nice break with 'cloudy bright' conditions, so I checked another waterfall.
D800 24mm PC-E

-Jay-

Mar 05, 2014 at 12:57 PM
leighton w
• • • • • •
p.3495 #10 · p.3495 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

lsds wrote:
@Leighton: I told you I have gotten bad at being real lazy..Have also been promising myself to get the PC issue sorted to get LR working but laziness and winter are a bad coctail

I know exactly what you mean. VERY hard to stay motivated when the temp outside is in the teens.

Mar 05, 2014 at 01:20 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

leighton w
• • • • • •
p.3495 #11 · p.3495 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

HCE HCE wrote:
Thanks for the likes and comments.

David The beach photo sure is a hit with me, looks very inviting.
Leighton Beautiful beautiful color, especially the sky and snow in the 2 degrees hoop house shot!
Ken Thanks, great night color in AT its Apex.
Philippe The tones in the bridge shot are magnifique!
Ron Nice closeups of your wife's friends. Most birds here are seen from quite a distance.
Georg Great train set, very well presented, can we come over and play?
Charlie Like the 2nd flower floating in a sea of oof!
Ram Great cardinal shots, I wish I could get so close!
Jose Nice cicada! These are so well camouflaged I
...Show more

Thanks Jay.

WOW! This is a gorgeous shot, your best to date. Well done.

This would be a great image to take into LR and use the radial filter on.

Mar 05, 2014 at 01:23 PM
asiostygius
• • • •
p.3495 #12 · p.3495 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

the solitaire wrote:
MFNAS hit me and I ordered a 135 f3,5 Nikkor Q Auto for $60
Now what I still need for the compact MF kit is a 20mm

Buddy, welcome to the large bunch of NMFAS' infected guys over here

Mar 05, 2014 at 01:33 PM
dhamments
• • •
p.3495 #13 · p.3495 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w wrote:
Thanks Lester. Just goes to show that you can learn something new every day! But it's actually easier the other way since you, in essence, have to open the image twice with your method. Once to select it from the photostream, and then again to select the size. But if it works for you, then that's all that matters.

Thanks for your help everyone! I can't believe how quickly and how many of you came to my aid.... I'm not used to this kind of response on the other forums I frequent. Here's an attempt at embedding a flickr image using the technique describe by George and Leighton (refined by others): Here's the code copied and pasted from the menu that appears when the box with the arrow is selected.. However, I don't see a box to check for "BB Code" in that menu or anywhere else (I think this is the problem).

<iframe src="http://www.flickr.com/photos/dhamments2013/12925317053/player/" width="1024" height="681" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

Feeling pretty stupid right now as this one hasn't appeared either!

Cheers and good light to all... David

Mar 05, 2014 at 01:36 PM
Ken Hill
• • •
p.3495 #14 · p.3495 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Leighton - Thanks for the comments and the colorful skies.
Philippe - I think I replied on the bridge but I'll say it again very nice!
Ray - There's a RC model "jet" airplane show here until Saturday at KLAL. We'll see it later. Have no idea what lens will work?
Charlie Like the sea shot!
Ram - Great shots, ball in every frame! That old timer sliding to 2nd is a ballplayer!!
Chin - Great perspective on the buildings, nice scene!
Buddy - I can look at the dog shots all day long!
Jose - The cicada ... wow another super shot from you! They are nicer looking than they sound!.
Georg - The BW train is book material very well done!
David - The beach shot could be in Florida along the Atlantic.
Jay - What a nice shot of the falls!
Curtis - My in-laws took in a stray that still dines on birds! I guess like rust and erosion it's in mother natures plan.

These are some shots of people who came to Florida and yet are somewhere else! The common thread in all is ......

Ken Hill 2014

Looking forward to an exciting ride?

NIKON D700    16mm    f/5.6    1/30s    800 ISO    0.0 EV  

Ken Hill 2014

While the world goes on around you!

NIKON D700    55mm    f/11.0    1/4s    800 ISO    0.0 EV  

Ken Hill 2014

Am I having fun yet?

NIKON D800    80mm    f/4.5    1/640s    400 ISO    0.0 EV  

Ken Hill 2014

Selfie at Disney?

NIKON D800    80mm    f/22.0    1/50s    400 ISO    0.0 EV  

Edited on Mar 05, 2014 at 02:00 PM · View previous versions

Mar 05, 2014 at 01:58 PM
leighton w
• • • • • •
p.3495 #15 · p.3495 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

dhamments wrote:
Thanks for your help everyone! I can't believe how quickly and how many of you came to my aid.... I'm not used to this kind of response on the other forums I frequent. Here's an attempt at embedding a flickr image using the technique describe by George and Leighton (refined by others): Here's the code copied and pasted from the menu that appears when the box with the arrow is selected.. However, I don't see a box to check for "BB Code" in that menu or anywhere else (I think this is the problem).

<iframe src="http://www.flickr.com/photos/dhamments2013/12925317053/player/" width="1024" height="681" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen
...Show more

David, take a look at this. See the choices you have, Embed HTML BBCode?

Mar 05, 2014 at 02:00 PM
Zichar
• • • •
p.3495 #16 · p.3495 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I agree with Leighton. Your best to date, Jay. Wow

Mar 05, 2014 at 02:02 PM
Mr. G
• • •
p.3495 #17 · p.3495 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

The Cicadas, the farm, the baseball shots and the cat, all wonderful work by their respective photographers. I applaud all of you

I always have a soft spot for GSD's. I hope he wasn't playing with the Tiger ....

Everyone, please keep them coming. Hopefully I'll get out this weekend and have a few of my own to add.

Gregg

dhamments
• • •
p.3495 #18 · p.3495 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

georgms wrote:
David, really nice shots from the Australian beaches. David, we have 3 (more or less regular) contributors from Down Under here: Sar ("4mpx"), Ben ("bruni") and Andy ("cadman342001"). Maybe the Aussie-group can share their favorite way to get those fine MF-Nikkor's.

Thanks George... I've noticed Andy's posts but haven't come across Ben or Sar yet (but will keep looking). I'd love to be able to find the assortment of ais glass on Fred's site here in Australia. Unfortunately, they come up rarely and you have to be quick and pay top dollar to get what you want. I'm returning to Canada for the summer and should have better luck there. As always, I appreciate your help!

Cheers and good light,
David

Zichar
• • • •
p.3495 #19 · p.3495 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I was about to ask if David may have opted for the new Flickr (pre)view. That one doesn't have the BB code option. I had to switch back

Mar 05, 2014 at 02:03 PM
Mr. G
• • •
p.3495 #20 · p.3495 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

dhamments wrote:

<iframe src="http://www.flickr.com/photos/dhamments2013/12925317053/player/" width="1024" height="681" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen
...Show more

David to embed an image do the following.....

Find the image online and copy the internet address to your clipboard.

In the reply window here look for the button on the left side that has the globe with a chain link in it. Click that button. When the first window pops up you can enter any information you want displayed with the photo and hit enter or you can just hit enter to leave it blank. When the next window pops up (it will have http: highlighted in it) paste in the photo's internet address over the http: that is already there. You will see the photo's internet address at the bottom of the reply box. When you submit the message, the photo will be opened.

Mar 05, 2014 at 02:09 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password