FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3491      
       3493              5892       5893       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

ramkumar999
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3492 #1 · p.3492 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Nice bird photos Samy., I did not expect the 400mm f5.6 to be really sharp wide open.. Amazing..

Jay, I loved the flower composition so much.

I received my Nikon 35mm f2.5 E series lens today. Strapped it to my D40.

Jungle Flame by ramkumar999, on Flickr

Plastic leaves by ramkumar999, on Flickr

Trail by ramkumar999, on Flickr

Night time by ramkumar999, on Flickr

Mar 04, 2014 at 02:10 AM
mp356
• • • • •
p.3492 #2 · p.3492 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Georg, nice catches of the soccer action. Steady had and quick focusing skills for sure.

Ken, I like the Niagara Sprayer. Made not to far from here.

Philippe, lovely café shot.

Jose, nice bokeh comparison.

Samy, I like the "House of Time" and wonderful cardinal captures.

Lester, interesting low angle in the first image.

Jay, lovely flower.

Jeff, beautiful capture and conversion of the Bell Tower.

Chin, great that Oolong does this on command. Great pose.

Ray, the framing and focus of the bronze is very nice.

Mar 04, 2014 at 03:10 AM
leighton w
• • • • • •
p.3492 #3 · p.3492 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Jay - beautiful composition of the flower. I love how you filled the background with blue sky. The exposure is spot on as well!

Ram - congrats on the "new" lens. I really like the first and third images.

Mar 04, 2014 at 10:47 AM
georgms
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3492 #4 · p.3492 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Samy, I'm really happy to see your S2 working ;-) The cat-portrait is my favorite from the vintage rangefinder so far. The B&W-tones are beautiful (even if the blacks are a bit muted - must be the scanning, but I don't find it disturbing).

There's an avid flickr-group in your hometown: http://www.flickr.com/groups/filminbaltimore/discuss/ I'm sure it's a helpful bunch of photographers, just in case you want some hints about good labs or so in your area.

Nice birding with the 105/1.8 and 400/5.6, btw!

Mar 04, 2014 at 10:49 AM
georgms
• • • •
p.3492 #5 · p.3492 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Kevin, great to see the 55/1.2 is in action! I like the image with the girl the most. The portrait of your buddy is magic somehow, but I agree with Leighton: A bit more DoF/clear focus on his eyes, maybe with a wee bit brighter background to set him off against the BG would make this fine shot even better.

Mar 04, 2014 at 10:54 AM
georgms
• • • •
p.3492 #6 · p.3492 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Jose, wow, the Micro-Nikkor does make a great astro-lens in your hands (or on your tripod ;-). Shots like Moon&Venus are the reason why I like this thread so much - the amazing wide variety of subjects, locations, processing-styles, presented by a really friendly bunch of photographers from all over the world.

Mar 04, 2014 at 10:58 AM
georgms
• • • •
p.3492 #7 · p.3492 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Jeff, the Bell-Tower is captured in a wonderful fashion. Love your framing and the creamy tones.

Chin, your Oolong-portraits are all outstanding! I still think you should think about creating a calendar or something similar with your poodle-portraits.

Ray, looking at your set with the 135/2 from downtown-Disney I thought it was shot by Curtis. Framing/composition, colors, the way to work with the shallow DoF are really similar to Curtis' style. In other words: Love the set.

Ken, I like especially the horses-shots from the ferris wheel.

Jay, very nice framing of your rose-image!

Ram, great shots from you at the last pages! Congrats to your new 35/2.5E - the jungle flame looks very nice. I'm really glad you've found this thread.

Mar 04, 2014 at 11:11 AM
dhamments
• • •
p.3492 #8 · p.3492 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

G'Day all! Not sure if I've done this correctly, but I'm attempting to join the manual focus thread with my first post. FYI, to get here, I pushed the "Post Reply" button from the very first post in the thread, hoping this will add my post to the end of the thread. Please let me know if I've done something wrong!

My name is David Hamments and I'm a transplanted Canadian living in Australia (via New Zealand). I've been a photographer for many years shooting exclusively Nikon for yonks... After coming across this forum months ago, I've been captivated by the camaraderie as well as the excellent photography. While I've only read a few hundred of the thousands of posts, I've seen enough to want to join the group if you'll have me! I've purchased the following AIS lenses for my D700 in this order: 105 f2.5, 50 f1.4 and 28 f2.8. As I see more images, I realize I'm not done yet and would love to track down an 85mm and 135mm. I've never posted on Fred's site despite lurking for years (I usually hang out on DP Review Nikon forums).

Cheers for now,
David A. Hamments

© dhamments 2014

First MF Nikon Glass

NIKON D700    0.0 mm f/0.0 lens    105mm    f/2.5    1/500s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  

Mar 04, 2014 at 11:42 AM
georgms
• • • •
p.3492 #9 · p.3492 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Hi David, welcome to FM and this wonderful thread! A 28, a 50 and a 105 will make a very nice kit if paired with the D700. Nice side-lighting on the beach-scape above, it brings out the textures of sand and grass.
Hope to see more of your country "through your eyes", Georg (from north-eastern Germany, hence my lacking English).

Mar 04, 2014 at 12:11 PM
saph
• • • •
p.3492 #10 · p.3492 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

And I used to be able to list all the lenses I have in my head, don't think I can do that any more. Not sure if I have too many or if its this affliction.

leighton w wrote:
First sign of getting old.

Mar 04, 2014 at 12:23 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

saph
• • • •
p.3492 #11 · p.3492 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Hi Georg, thanks, and thanks for the pointer about the film group here! A lot to learn about film, and I am not even sure I have the focus well worked out with the S2. I only posted the good images But indeed glad to see that the nearly six decade old machine is still working.

georgms wrote:
Samy, I'm really happy to see your S2 working ;-) The cat-portrait is my favorite from the vintage rangefinder so far. The B&W-tones are beautiful (even if the blacks are a bit muted - must be the scanning, but I don't find it disturbing).

There's an avid flickr-group in your hometown: http://www.flickr.com/groups/filminbaltimore/discuss/ I'm sure it's a helpful bunch of photographers, just in case you want some hints about good labs or so in your area.

Nice birding with the 105/1.8 and 400/5.6, btw!

Mar 04, 2014 at 12:33 PM
saph
• • • •
p.3492 #12 · p.3492 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

David, welcome! Great to have one more participant from down under!

Kevin, somehow missed that you got a 55 1.2. Congrats! And hope your neck issue is stable.

Ram, the first couple images with your newly acquired 35 E are marvelous.

Mar 04, 2014 at 12:37 PM
leighton w
• • • • • •
p.3492 #13 · p.3492 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

David, welcome. We're always excited for new folks to come along to show their world through the lenses that we love. Thank you for your introduction and feel free to post more images and join in on the conversation. As you noted, we're a friendly bunch with SOME of us talking a little more than others. I won't mention any names.

Mar 04, 2014 at 12:44 PM
lsds
• •
p.3492 #14 · p.3492 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

A warm welcome to you David..Nice Framing and love the warm beach..Looks like you have the 28-105 range covered with your lenses..We all particularly love the 105 2.5 here.
Eagerly waiting for more pics from 'Down Under' ..

Mar 04, 2014 at 01:05 PM
leighton w
• • • • • •
p.3492 #15 · p.3492 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Well, we ended up with only 5 inches after a forecast of 12+, go figure. This morning, it was 2 degrees F doing chores. Gus didn't care, in fact, he and Ellie LOVE the snow and cold.

Gus/105/2.5 AIS by Leighton W, on Flickr

The sunrise was a welcome sight after yesterday's weather.

2degrees/105/2.5 AIS by Leighton W, on Flickr

Mar 04, 2014 at 01:08 PM
lsds
• •
p.3492 #16 · p.3492 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

@Leighton: beautiful images.. Loved the framing on Gus most of all..the way his eyes reach out..great capture.
Hows the snow shoveling going?looks like the weather's still a bummer..is it gonna stay the way it is the whole week?

Mar 04, 2014 at 01:14 PM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
p.3492 #17 · p.3492 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Leighton, yup, we wound up with maybe 3 inches, after dire predictions of up to 12 (at one point, they narrowed it down to 4-7) Love the sunrise, been missing them since it's spring break and I've been sleeping in for a change

Mar 04, 2014 at 01:14 PM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
p.3492 #18 · p.3492 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

And welcome, David, looking forward to more shots from down your way, don't be shy

Mar 04, 2014 at 01:15 PM
leighton w
• • • • • •
p.3492 #19 · p.3492 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thanks Lester and Laura.

Lester, the shoveling is done! I tried to fire up the snowblower yesterday afternoon, but the choke lever broke off in my hand, bummer. I had to take the engine cover off to turn what was left of the lever to get it going. Anyway, job done and this stuff should be gone by the end of the weekend!

Mar 04, 2014 at 01:29 PM
Ken Hill
• • •
p.3492 #20 · p.3492 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Leighton- Hopefully you won't need snow blowers for another year ... but then then we'll have to wait a year for more fabulous snow scenes. The hoops seem sturdy enough as per the last shot!
David - Welcome to the forum and the first shot is a good one. The D700 likes MF lenses.
Philippe - I see I need a French spell checker. We were there in '92. Beautiful area!
Ram - Nice work with the lens and the variety it offers you.
Jay - The spider floored me ... and the flower is terrific. The "Bow tie" ride swings from side to side with it gaining momentum until it goes over the top and completes the circle.
Samy - I am thinking cold! It's 71 Brrrrrr! Very nice postings! I like the cameras.
Jeff - I really like the shadows and the highlights, the only real tools we have to work with.
Chin - One terrific shot of your dog!
Reagan - Nice Evinrude and stern shots
Ray - I remember the bench shot. The lens bokeh made the people around it disappear. I'm heading to the airport today to see the model jets fly.
Georg - Thanks for the comments ... the 55 1.2 W/O does not like to focus in the dark but it is better than the 50mm 1.2 in the same setting.

A few shots from the Fair.

© Ken Hill 2014

Some people have gum on their shoe.

NIKON D700    16mm    f/2.8    1/80s    800 ISO    0.0 EV  

© Ken Hill 2014

AT its apex!!

NIKON D700    16mm    f/22.0    1s    800 ISO    0.0 EV  

Mar 04, 2014 at 02:18 PM
       3493              5892       5893       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell