raboof wrote:
I just gave Reagan a Like.

I did for you and Reagan...

Feb 21, 2014 at 10:10 PM
kwoodard
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3465 #3 · p.3465 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I brought the camera with me today at lunch. I only had the 50/1.8E with me. I forgot how fun it could be to "make do" with just one lens. Hell, I was even judging white balance by eye! Something clicked today... I will post my efforts when I get home.

Feb 21, 2014 at 10:12 PM
Reagan
• • • •
p.3465 #4 · p.3465 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thanks, Chuong

R

Too lazy to type my name

Feb 21, 2014 at 10:12 PM
georgms
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3465 #5 · p.3465 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Philippe, great framing and excellent B&W on the corded skull!

Mihai, very peaceful pictures from Kyiv - hope the Ukraine will find peace again. Thanks for sharing your fine images.

Peter from Knysna - that's a very nice set with your 28/2.8! Sorry, I've missed your invitation to the challenge, but will try to shoot personal pictures with the 85/2 Ais only until March. Don't know if I'm strong enough to resist the other Nikkor's , though…

Ken, your takes on the vintage planes with the 55/1.2 and the fisheye are fantastic

Chin, nice view into the hidden backyard.

Ramkumar, lovely cat-portraits with the 85/2! What's up with the "fading away" cord? Nice selfie!

Nancy, I'm glad to see you posting here again. Sorry for your losses. The white-tones look fine to my eyes, btw.

Scott, I like your barn-shots a lot. The framing with the massive tree at left works great.

Ray, the mighty Honda looks great in B&W! I'm glad you're feeling better now.

Buddy, very nice portrait of your 50/1.4 SC!

Leighton, love the light on the Millmont-fountain. Contrast and colors are nice and punchy.

Greg, I like your "analogue" grass- and snow-shot. Great light and very nice textures!

Sorry, I've probably missed some great postings.

Feb 21, 2014 at 10:32 PM
georgms
• • • •
p.3465 #6 · p.3465 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

MDoc9523 wrote:
Georg thank you for the tips about the V1. It give me a lot to think about. I was originally thinking of getting the V1 to use with perhaps the older 80-400 for birding. Does the auto focus work well the the D lenses?

Great street images Mahai with that beautiful 45mmP

Ray, the V1 with FT-1-adapter will only auto-focus AF-S (and probably the rare AF-I lenses too). So no AF with "screwdriver-AF-type-lenses" like the old 80-400. There are issues with third-party-lenses too.

Feb 21, 2014 at 10:36 PM
asiostygius
• • • •
p.3465 #7 · p.3465 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thank Georg for the quick response. I always suspected the "Eyes of Nikon" book has some overstatements, like this one.
Supposedly the only MF coma free is the expensive 58mm/1.2.

Feb 21, 2014 at 10:46 PM
kwoodard
• • • •
p.3465 #8 · p.3465 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Speaking of 1.2's... I think I found one. 55/1.2 AI.

Feb 21, 2014 at 10:50 PM
georgms
• • • •
p.3465 #9 · p.3465 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

georgms wrote:
Thanks for the kind comments on the leaf, the city-harbor-scapes and the moon - really much appreciated.

Used the neat 100/2.8E some more - one shot (a portrait, don't wanna post it) was already printed by a local paper.
Here's a shot with some color from a new surgical suite/OP in my hometown:
"Dr Nikon" - should have used some "Glamour-Glow" or "Hollywood-Skin"-filter ;-)

Lieutenant Z wrote:
Love the red shoes. Does that guy use to walk through the blood of his patients?

Socalpicman wrote:
It's a cleanable shoe popular in Pharmaceutical manufacturing and surgical suites, clean rooms. very popular in Europe and gaining in popularity in the US.

Great shots everyone, almost finished my move and should get some free time in a few weeks to take some pictures.

JD

I had to wear some way too large shoes from the surgeon who guided me while shooting at the OP.
Most docs and nurses were wearing similar shoes, but only two nurses had red shoes (another nurse was wearing screaming yellow ones, all others had darkish shoes).
I've asked the surgeon about a possible color-code for the shoes and he told me that the red ones were destined for guests, but all the red shoes had made it into the women's changing room for unknown reasons ;-)
Some kind of female-specific magic, I assume
Wanted to snap a shot of the screaming yellow shoes, but was worried about recognized as a pervert ;-)

Feb 21, 2014 at 10:52 PM
georgms
• • • •
p.3465 #10 · p.3465 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

kwoodard wrote:
Speaking of 1.2's... I think I found one. 55/1.2 AI.

Congrats, Kevin! My copy is a late genuine Ai too. Love this lens. But to be honest to get most out of it I use Live-View for critical focusing.

Feb 21, 2014 at 10:54 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

ttexastom

p.3465 #11 · p.3465 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I am looking to purchase a Nikon 400mm 3.5, it seems the Ai is less expensive than the Ais, is there an optical difference in these two lenses. Any knowledge on this subject would be well received.
tom

Feb 21, 2014 at 11:05 PM
asiostygius
• • • •
p.3465 #12 · p.3465 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Very funny Georg
Congrats Kevin!

Today I made a crazy thing; I think John perhaps be the only one to understand me:

Bought by impulse my second copies of a 85mm f/1,8 K already factory ai'd
and a second copy of the 105mm f/2.8 AI-S Micro (by serial made in our current century).

In my defence: my current 85/1.8 has some coatings scratches at the frontal element, and my previous 105/2.8 has a somewhat loose - not possible to fix - focusing ring; both stelar lenses though.

After careful testing I will sell the "loosers" and/or exchange the frontal element/focusing ring. Extreme crazyness the NMFAS can do

Edited on Feb 22, 2014 at 12:46 AM · View previous versions

Feb 21, 2014 at 11:06 PM
waysaz
• •
p.3465 #13 · p.3465 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

ttexastom wrote:
I am looking to purchase a Nikon 400mm 3.5, it seems the Ai is less expensive than the Ais, is there an optical difference in these two lenses. Any knowledge on this subject would be well received.
tom

Tom, not sure if there's any optical difference AI vs AIS. But do get one—it's fantastic!

Feb 21, 2014 at 11:06 PM
georgms
• • • •
p.3465 #14 · p.3465 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Shot the V1 with FT1 and Ais 85/2 and the fat D3s with AF-S 200/2 and AF-S 300/2.8 side-by-side today. In theory the 85/2+V1-combo should work like a 230/2 on FX. But this is not going to happen, the 85/2 wide open is just too soft on the demanding V1-sensor. And the DoF at f/2 is more like f/5.6 on FX.

Shot this mini-series at ISO1600, enough for 1/800sec at f/2, but not fast enough to freeze the action.

Challenged challenge-lens (Ais 85/2 wide open), V1+FT1

Feb 21, 2014 at 11:08 PM
Foggy14
• • •
p.3465 #15 · p.3465 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Hi gang, just trying to catch up.

Steve terrific Valentine's Train shots.

Lestor, nice b&w of the tram station.

Ray, you could have a great second career as a rock 'n roll photographer. Great bike.

Ken, really enjoyed all your plane images. Nice double starbursts.

Reagan, great work with the 28/2.

Peter, very nice red sky and blue frame in the curiosity shop.

Leighton, really like the mood of "Blowing Snow". The greenhouse shots are all very well done.

Georg, the brick building with your 24/2 has a very nice look. Terrific rainy day and moon shots.

Kevin, sorry to hear about the persistence o your back and neck problems. Best wishes.

Andy, nice portrait of the Russian mafia guy.

Scott, you could make a fine book from your terrific barn shots.

Sar, very nice chess and accordion player portraits.

Chin, really like "seams" and "don't grow here."

Rafael, nice work with your 15mm.

Laura, Ram, Samy and Nancy, cool cats!

Philippe, really like the ad and caller as well as the man before the HCB.

Jay, beautiful work with the 16/3.5.

Jammyn and Ram, cool squirrels.

Mihai, I like your images from Kyiv.

Chuong, excellent comments about the quality of work on this thread.

Jay, nice Heron above the ice.

Feb 21, 2014 at 11:36 PM
kwoodard
• • • •
p.3465 #16 · p.3465 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

georgms wrote:
Congrats, Kevin! My copy is a late genuine Ai too. Love this lens. But to be honest to get most out of it I use Live-View for critical focusing.

I would have to tripod that. I can't wait to give it a shot. I loved that focal length on my XE1 (had a Zeiss 58/2 in Exakta mount that I used on it). I imagine that the new 1.2 will be a near permanent fixture on whatever camera I end up with.

Feb 21, 2014 at 11:37 PM
the solitaire
• • • •
p.3465 #17 · p.3465 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

it's not exactly a lightweight lens, that 55mm f1,2 but it is a very interesting and challenging lens to use that rewards you with nice photographs once you get the hang of it

Feb 21, 2014 at 11:49 PM
saph
• • • •
p.3465 #18 · p.3465 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Jay, never thought of going to Conowingo during the iciest part of the season. Great to hear you were there and took your 500 F4 P!!

Feb 21, 2014 at 11:51 PM
saph
• • • •
p.3465 #19 · p.3465 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Jeff, this time I am going to be lazy and just say 'what he said'

I do need to try the new search function and see if I can find more of the Kyiv photos that Mihai mentions further up this page.

Foggy14 wrote:
Hi gang, just trying to catch up.

Feb 21, 2014 at 11:54 PM
kwoodard
• • • •
p.3465 #20 · p.3465 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

the solitaire wrote:
it's not exactly a lightweight lens, that 55mm f1,2 but it is a very interesting and challenging lens to use that rewards you with nice photographs once you get the hang of it

Yeah, I know its not a flyweight like the Series E glass, but I love its character. And I can shoot in the dark with it. Todays exercise with just the body and lens was a good one. I can carry it around for short times without a whole lot of issues. Its when I start carrying more than one lens. Today I had with me the 75-150 and the 50. Together, it was just a hair much. The 50 by itself was doable as was the 75-150. I want to see how I do with slightly heavier glass. The 75-300 AFS I have, that one is too heavy. I may need to find a good TC that can ride in a pocket.

Feb 21, 2014 at 11:57 PM
1       2       3              3464      
       3466              5889       5890       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3464      
       3466              5889       5890       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password