Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3383      
       3385              4045       4046       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

georgms
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3384 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Dean, thanks for your kind comment on the carnival-lady!

Nov 12, 2013 at 04:03 PM
MDoc9523
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3384 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Jay beautiful fall colors and DOF with the 55 1.2 and the second shot is amazing!
George it looks like your singer was having a wonderful time. The eyes are great!
Chin that is a terrific shot. Just a suggestion : I might crop a little off the foreground maybe to the water line.
4pix looks like you were able to get very close to that owl. Beautiful shot!
Thanks for the comments on my GBH

Nov 12, 2013 at 04:41 PM
HCE HCE
• •
p.3384 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Here's a crop from the 55mm f/1.2 on tubes. The comatic bokeh subject is a spider web.

-Jay-

Nov 12, 2013 at 06:54 PM
georgms
• • • •
p.3384 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Ray, thanks! Yes, she had a great time, the same can't be said about the poor photographer (standing in front of the speakers)…

Nov 12, 2013 at 07:48 PM
georgms
• • • •
p.3384 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

The local university was opened on 12 November 1419. While the main building is undergoing a major restoration right now the administration opened the doors for interested citizens today.
Here's a shot (sorry, a bit crooked) from the auditorium or better it's ceiling:

Unbenannt von georgsfoto auf Flickr
Fisheye-Nikkor 16/3.5 Ai at about f/5.6-8, Nikon D700, ISO1600, 1/15sec.

PS: The main building dates back to1870, the lusters to 1983 - the latter ones are younger than my Fisheye-Nikkor ;-)

Nov 12, 2013 at 07:59 PM
MDoc9523
• • • •
p.3384 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I had to go down town today so I took my camera along with the 35mm 1.4 AIS.
I call this display Stairways and Alleys:

Nov 12, 2013 at 09:12 PM
mirandamember
• •
p.3384 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w wrote:
The sunset just a few minutes ago, with the 180.

Beautiful. Made my evening!

Nov 12, 2013 at 10:35 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.3384 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

mirandamember wrote:
Beautiful. Made my evening!

Thanks. I deleted it but I guess you replied before I did. It has some sort of artifacting going on in the dark part of the sky. Anyway, here it is again.

3 shades of sky/180/2.8AIS by Leighton W, on Flickr

Nov 12, 2013 at 11:30 PM
philipj
• • •
p.3384 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thanks Jay (how do you like the 45mm PC-E?), Ray, Chuong!

Wonderful Boo-book shot 4mpx!

Here is a shot of the boats docked at Burkliplatz, where the Zürichsee feeds the Limmat river (from the last few photos). These boats are being used for wine tastings right now. I didn't take a trip for fear of how expensive the wines might be. 28mm f/2.8 AI-s, stopped down to f/8.

LINTH by philipjohnson, on Flickr

Nov 12, 2013 at 11:40 PM
georgms
• • • •
p.3384 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Philip, Leighton: I can't help it: the fall looks kinda gray in Switzerland compared to the fall in Virginia ;-) Beautiful pictures from both locations!

Ray, nice display from the alleys of down-town! Makes me think of crime-novels somehow, but I don't wanna cast a negative light on your hometown.

Nov 13, 2013 at 12:00 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

HCE HCE
• •
p.3384 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thanks for your kind words about my shots!
---------
4MPX What a beautiful expressive owl.

Leighton Glad you reposted the sunset, it is stunning.

Georg Love the way the lamps are exposed in the ceiling shot.

Ray Your town tonalities are really nice. I am really liking the 1st one.

Phillip Looks a bit dark for a cruise, great shot.
I'm trying to get used to the 45mm focal length, it is a bit longer than I usually shoot. I have no complaints about its performance.
-Jay-

Nov 13, 2013 at 12:31 AM
philipj
• • •
p.3384 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

georgms wrote:
Philip, Leighton: I can't help it: the fall looks kinda gray in Switzerland compared to the fall in Virginia ;-) Beautiful pictures from both locations!

I think Switzerland is known for such weather, with Zürich in particular having gray, depressing falls/winters/springs... at least the train to Italy is only a few short hours!

--

Jay, 45mm would for me be a great walkabout length, but even though Anton (agentbird) posts fantastic stuff from his walkabouts, I'm hesitant to splurge on the lens for such shooting in case the learning curve is too high... one day!

Nov 13, 2013 at 01:04 AM
mp356
• • • •
p.3384 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w wrote:
Thanks. I deleted it but I guess you replied before I did. It has some sort of artifacting going on in the dark part of the sky. Anyway, here it is again.

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3793/10827274774_8123997d1b_z.jpg
3 shades of sky/180/2.8AIS by Leighton W, on Flickr

Leighton, some nice fire in that sky. Great colors.

Nov 13, 2013 at 04:14 AM
Zichar
• • • •
p.3384 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

philipj wrote:
Jay, 45mm would for me be a great walkabout length, but even though Anton (agentbird) posts fantastic stuff from his walkabouts, I'm hesitant to splurge on the lens for such shooting in case the learning curve is too high... one day!

It's not philip, it's not
Plus you're in Europe, and Anton travels all the time. Just get him over some day

Nov 13, 2013 at 07:13 AM
Zichar
• • • •
p.3384 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thanks Ray, it was actually composed for that. Apart from symmetry, I love layers. The foreground gives context - salt flats and I left the last puddle in as a counterweight to the rock.
Plus this sets it apart from the other reflection-style images of the same location that I posted in the MF-defecting-to-AF thread.
Then again, my mind makes all this up when I shoot and then again when I process so...

>>

As an aside, I love #1 and #3
Grew up on procedural dramas (and currently, in some odd coincidence, that's all that appears on the late night tv when I do my ironing for the next day) so these are perfect as the locale for a chase
Hope the one knocking the door in front posted his partner to watch out back

Nov 13, 2013 at 07:23 AM
Oosty
• • • •
p.3384 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

After a serious bout of "photo fatigue" I upgraded my PC to Windows 8.1, upgraded PS Elements to 12, and signed up on Blipfoto to force myself to get off my rear end and do what I love.

Some of yesterday's efforts with the 28 -45 f4 zoom ( the 25 is for my convenience . Hopefully I'll contribute again on a regular basis.

For those of you who haven't looked at it, Blipfoto is quite good fun. See www.blipfoto.com/poppolino for my efforts. By following comments one can get into the wider community.

No fishing!

NIKON D200    0.0 mm f/0.0 lens    25mm    f/8.0    1/640s    100 ISO    0.0 EV  

Salt Marsh Leisure Island Knysna

NIKON D200    0.0 mm f/0.0 lens    25mm    f/22.0    1/50s    100 ISO    0.0 EV  

Late afternoon - Knysna Estuary

NIKON D200    0.0 mm f/0.0 lens    25mm    f/4.5    1/3200s    100 ISO    0.0 EV  

Nov 13, 2013 at 07:54 AM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.3384 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thanks Guys!

Peter, love that first one, really tells a story. This is probably my all time favorite from you, keep them coming.

Nov 13, 2013 at 10:26 AM
the solitaire
• • •
p.3384 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Peter, nice photos. It´s good to see the D200 is still a good performer. I always liked mine. Changed over to a D300 mostly for skin tones.

Nov 13, 2013 at 11:40 AM
HCE HCE
• •
p.3384 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Nice fishing shots Peter! I like the warm and cool colors in the processing.
-Jay-

Nov 13, 2013 at 01:06 PM
MDoc9523
• • • •
p.3384 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thank you Georg, Chin and Jay
Georg the ceiling photo is terrific . The 16mm is great for that. I remember laying on the floor at the Ringling Mansion to take a very similar photo. Very nice!
Leighton I saw miradnamember comment on your photo but I couldn't find your photo anywhere. I thought I accidentally deleted you. I really like the framing in this photo and the colors are beautiful!!!!
Philip I really like your B&W conversion. nicely done!
Peter I am very happy to see you posting again. I have always loved the views from your part of the world. Your compositions have always been first class and these are no different. Very nice!

Nov 13, 2013 at 04:56 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password