Upload & Sell: On
leighton w wrote:
I had a perusal through your images and they are great. There's nothing like the rich deep blues of high altitude images. What film were you using? You haven't changed a bit!
Oh, I seem to not have changed too much (more gray hair, less of it, and wrinkles) and still think I can do stuff like I was 25.
It was an epic little trip:
- fly in to Geneva from Seattle, get picked up by our friends Robin and Peter
- drive to Chamonix
- friends had been there for a week and tell us we MUST summit the next two days due to bad weather coming in
- go up to the base hut the next day, jet lag and all
- climb it that night/next morning with zero sleep. Erik and I did not quite make it to the top due to jet lag, but Robin and Peter do.
- come down the same day
- spend two days in Chamonix
- A woman dies on the same route a day later due to being caught in bad weather and suffering from alt. sickness
- head off the the Dolomites for some rock climbing (incredible place!)
- rained the whole trip so we spent 3 days driving around northern Italy, Germany, Switzerland instead via back roads
- head back home to Seattle exhausted, but happy!
I have no idea what film I used as I didn't write such things down very much.