FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3353      
       3355              5887       5888       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Ken Hill
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3354 #1 · p.3354 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thanks all, for the nice comments and yes I will stay out of the water where the gators like to swim.

The cold weather brings about an abundance of caution. We have the sand trucks ready off Satellite Beach, just in case.

Ken Hill 2014

Sand replenishment is an annual thing!

NIKON D700    28mm    f/8.0    1/1250s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  

Jan 04, 2014 at 03:31 PM
pbraymond
• • •
p.3354 #2 · p.3354 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Some snow for our southern hemisphere friends, or maybe even the fine folks in Florida.

Windblown I, with 105 f2.5 AIS

NIKON D700    0.0 mm f/0.0 lens    105mm    f/5.6    1/1000s    200 ISO    -0.3 EV  

Windblown II, with 50-135 f3.5 AIS

NIKON D700    0.0 mm f/0.0 lens    50mm    f/5.6    1/250s    200 ISO    +1.0 EV  

Jan 04, 2014 at 03:44 PM
MDoc9523
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3354 #3 · p.3354 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Chuong I am enjoying your photos with the 600mm
Eric very cold looking photos and I love the ice on the windows
Jeff congrats and welcome to the 16mm club. What a beautiful pano to kick it off - amazing
Samy the stained glass is simply beautiful!!!!! Well done
Chin I saw that photo on Flickr and was hoping you would post it here very nicely done
Ken welcome to our thread. It was so nice to chat with you and can't wait to get together
Raymond thank you for the snow. It is so nice to look at but not so much to shovel

Jan 04, 2014 at 03:57 PM
Zichar
• • • •
p.3354 #4 · p.3354 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Hey Ray, thanks. I usually process my photos at night, then upload using the Flickr Uploader, rename them and just let it sit in my stream. I visit the page from time to time until I'm satisfied I don't have to replace anything. Then I post it up here. Yeah my wife thinks I intentionally add complexity in my life

Jan 04, 2014 at 04:15 PM
raboof
• • • •
p.3354 #5 · p.3354 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Samy - That Franklin church window shot is great. I am inspired. Cincinnati is probably the city that has the most Catholic churches in the Midwest. I always wanted to shoot at our church because it's the most beautiful church I know up-to-date(I haven't been to Europe).

Thanks everyone for the comments on my bird shots. I had my doubts with the 600mm earlier because I wasn't able to get any sharp shots from it during the first few times using it. It's much better now that I know it's not the lens' fault

Jan 04, 2014 at 04:27 PM
leighton w
• • • • • •
p.3354 #6 · p.3354 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Zichar wrote:
Hey Ray, thanks. I usually process my photos at night, then upload using the Flickr Uploader, rename them and just let it sit in my stream. I visit the page from time to time until I'm satisfied I don't have to replace anything. Then I post it up here. Yeah my wife thinks I intentionally add complexity in my life

Flickr has a great edit option that allows you to replace a photo without losing any info you associated with it.

Jan 04, 2014 at 04:30 PM
Zichar
• • • •
p.3354 #7 · p.3354 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Yup I use that if I have to. My current process is because I hate replacing links if they were up already; I tend to forget.

Jan 04, 2014 at 04:32 PM
Zichar
• • • •
p.3354 #8 · p.3354 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

colour of my energy by Zichar, on Flickr

Jan 04, 2014 at 04:40 PM
Zichar
• • • •
p.3354 #9 · p.3354 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

When we got into the mall proper
They shopped, I shot

move over old man by Zichar, on Flickr

Jan 04, 2014 at 04:42 PM
Lieutenant Z
• • • •
p.3354 #10 · p.3354 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

a night in Nancy, D90 & 50/1.8 ais :

Jan 04, 2014 at 04:48 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Stokesey
• • •
p.3354 #11 · p.3354 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Phillipe

That is absolutely gorgeous. Nancy is a great place and I've been through it many times ....

But never seen it quite like this !!!

Stunning shot.

Steve

Jan 04, 2014 at 05:18 PM
Lieutenant Z
• • • •
p.3354 #12 · p.3354 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

thanks a lot Steve for your positive feedback much appreciated!

Jan 04, 2014 at 05:59 PM
Stokesey
• • •
p.3354 #13 · p.3354 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

It looks like it's 14 pages back when I last commented on any pictures ... so long ago ... and so much has gone on .

A holiday period intervened, and yet I seem to have not stopped working ... how does that work !!!

Andy .... your flowers and bugs are looking a lot like Ronny's ... in quality I mean .... Great pix

Chuong .... that offset picture of the young girl (I presume your daughter) is quite enchanting !! Great silhouette looking out

Samy your architecture on the PC lenses is quite interesting ... a mixed bag for me ... some superb and others good pictures. Nothing wrong with the quality ... maybe just some of the compositions don't quite work for me.......

Phillippe I love the Porte de la Craffe picture, monochrome really works here for this subject.

Sandy nice composition on the cables and window

Sar I do like that waterfall and your use of slow shutter speed .... it's lovely.

Nice doors Leighton .... good of you to be inspired by another photographer on here ....

Larry I enjoyed your Red-winged Blackbird and Pelicans ....

Chin that station just gets right down to the perspective and converging lines .... excellent !!

Georg - as always you are getting great shots .......... nice fireworks !!

Don your grainy pix have been great ...

Ray .... nice pix with your D600 - the night really comes alive !!

Leighton, gorgeous train depot curve on your monochrome last one on the curve !! And you make me feel a little sheepish with your new arrival .... must be keeping you busy if the lambing has started already !! Nice view from the Dump Road my friend ... I bet that looks good when it's all green and rolling ...

Jay, that styled fence post is really something .... and I love the grasses.

Dan that portrait of the girls using the Octobox is really good thanks

Nick I love that close up of the watch with that god awful lens the 43-86 ..... well done ... you got the mid week built one !!!

Peter the colours on the bottle brush plant are fantastic !! I feel a night at the proms coming on with Elgar

Ken I think the Bison on the 16mm is such a great composition

Jeff the sunset on Golden Water is exciting !! I love the sand Pipers on the 16mm - nice old Santa ....

Phillip the shots of New Years eve in Zurich look wonderful

Andy I didn't know anyone had statues of me .... the first two look just like what I see in the mirror each morning !!!

You can't beat a good winter storm Scott .... nice shots ...

Steve

Jan 04, 2014 at 06:04 PM
Stokesey
• • •
p.3354 #14 · p.3354 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I have lusted after the 50-135mm for a while now ... but never found a good example in the UK

But I just acquired on this week ....

Put to work on the D4 today for a sunset we just had ....

I couldn't resist it ....

One at 50mm f3.5 ISO400

And the other a Pano of five shots at approx 75mm

Now I've joined Leighton and the gang using this wonderful length lens. I will attempt to learn how to use it properly soon.

Steve

Stokesey 2013

Sunset 14-01-04

Stokesey 2013

Sunset Pano 14-01-04

Jan 04, 2014 at 06:09 PM
Foggy14
• • •
p.3354 #15 · p.3354 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thanks guys.

Peter, I had the same thought about an ND filter. If the internal filters on my 16/3.5 were ND's, versus the standard R60/O56/Y48, I'd be in heaven.

Rick, very nice ice shots.

Samy, beautiful stained glass capture.

Chin, excellent composition work on "perceived slight." I'm not so sure about the Sand Pipers. It seemed like every time I went to take an exposure they moved. I think they were messin' with me.

Philippe, terrific night shot!

Steve, very cool sunset pano's.

Jan 04, 2014 at 06:11 PM
dgjean
• • •
p.3354 #16 · p.3354 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Zichar: great colors in your beautiful shots!
LT Z: Love that old sedan...what a catch!
Stokesey: beautiful sunsets and shooting!

A couple of recent shots with two of my favorite lenses:

D3s & Noct-Nikkor 58/1.2 Ai-S

While the City Sleeps by Donald G. Jean, on Flickr

D3s & Nikkor 35/1.4Ai-S

The Last Mile by Donald G. Jean, on Flickr

Jan 04, 2014 at 06:25 PM
pbraymond
• • •
p.3354 #17 · p.3354 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Chin, "colour of my energy" really strikes me! I've been really enjoying your recent series from Japan, and particularly interested in the PP on the pics.

Philippe, the Nancy shot with the cyclist,

Steve, wonderful sunset pano with the 50-135. I like the lens' performance, and find the zoom range a great walk-around range in conjunction with the 28 f2.8AIS.

Eric, I guess I won't be complaining about last night's -20 here in northern Ohio.

Jeff, very very very cool image of the sandpipers with the fisheye. Looks like a great application of a FE lens!

Jan 04, 2014 at 06:37 PM
leighton w
• • • • • •
p.3354 #18 · p.3354 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Stokesey wrote:
I have lusted after the 50-135mm for a while now ... but never found a good example in the UK

But I just acquired on this week ....

Put to work on the D4 today for a sunset we just had ....

I couldn't resist it ....

One at 50mm f3.5 ISO400

And the other a Pano of five shots at approx 75mm

Now I've joined Leighton and the gang using this wonderful length lens. I will attempt to learn how to use it properly soon.

Steve

Congrats on getting the best MF zoom out there (IMO)! Love the sunsets too. And thanks for the comment on my stuff.

Jan 04, 2014 at 07:00 PM
leighton w
• • • • • •
p.3354 #19 · p.3354 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Don, I really like them both with a nod toward the second one. I like how the headlight is bursting and also lighting up the wet road.

Jan 04, 2014 at 07:02 PM
rick2906
• • •
p.3354 #20 · p.3354 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Steve , nice pano! I need to get at it! If you guys are waiting to get a bigger computer screen, don't. I made myself a nice chirstmas gift. A 27 inch nec wide gamut display! It rocks, so nice to edit my pictures!

Jan 04, 2014 at 07:56 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password