Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3336      
       3338              4189       4190       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

georgms
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3337 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Mike, your Aurora-images are wonderful. Would love to see a northern light in natura, but traveling to Norway is out of question now.

Ronny, another excellent flower-shot! Have to try the 135/2 with tubes sometimes...

Ronny and Buddy - thanks for your comments!

Oct 16, 2013 at 09:06 PM
asiostygius
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3337 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

HCE HCE wrote:
You must have trained that bee

I like the way sky and earth meet at the flower.
-Jay-

+100!

Oct 16, 2013 at 09:15 PM
aporia
• •
p.3337 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

kwoodard wrote:
I got more bad news about my back/neck so it looks like things are going to be sold. I will probably keep one or two lenses to go with my Nikkormat, but the rest will probably go. If there is anything you all see in my profile, I want to offer it to my friends here first. Sigh...

Sucks, Kevin. PM on the way.

Edited on Oct 16, 2013 at 09:24 PM · View previous versions

Oct 16, 2013 at 09:23 PM
kwoodard
• • • •
p.3337 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

the solitaire wrote:
For me cost is an issue as well. Im looking for a NEX 5 or NEX 5N at the moment. The offered 14 Megapixel resolution and APS-C sensor will do just fine, and add $30 for an adapter to Nikon F mount.

For my main excursions I still intend to bring the D300 but itd be nice to have something small that I can stick a single MF lens on and stuff in a coat pocket.

I am looking at those as well. I prefer the look and feel (and the EVF) on the Fuji's, but am annoyed that the major RAW editors still cannot deal well with the X-Trans. I wish Nikon had a mirror-less option where I could mount other lenses, but with a Dx sensor (like the Coolpix A, but interchangeable lenses).

Oct 16, 2013 at 09:24 PM
asiostygius
• • • •
p.3337 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thanks everyone for the comments.

Leighton, thanks for the tips, next time I will try;

Jay, oddly I have not used the lens yet for what it was made, just some bokeh tests at short distance:
here: http://flic.kr/p/fPLpXG
and here: http://flic.kr/p/fPtRE6

Georg, the funny think about the portrait is that it was taken by a "made in 1964" photographer, using a made in 1975 lens, of a made in 1989 model, with a made in 2012 camera
An almost half a century interplay among generations of equipment & people

Samy, loved the autmn colours with 105/2.5 P and the moon (was it at 1000mm f/8?);
Ray, another great 85/1.4 set;
Jay, stunning boy portrait;
Georg, liked the B&W shot and the grain added;
Steve, awesome monocrhome series; I need to try someday this silver Efex.

Oct 16, 2013 at 09:32 PM
a.RodriguezPix
• • • •
Account locked
p.3337 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

hi everyone i am selling my nikkor 28mm 2.8 AIS if anyone is crazy enough to buy from me! i am open to any offer! http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1247439/0#11866935

Oct 16, 2013 at 09:42 PM
kwoodard
• • • •
p.3337 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

aporia wrote:
Sucks, Kevin. PM on the way.

Replied back...

Oct 16, 2013 at 10:24 PM
saph
• • • •
p.3337 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Sorry to hear that Kevin.

Mike in Alaska, good to see you back herea again. Terrific use of the Noct for the aurora.

Ronny, outstanding yet again! The 135 f2 AI was meant for you and the flowers you come across

Georg, thanks, and I like the smooth bokeh and colors from your 45 2.8.

Jose, thanks. I like your statement with the all the "made ins" That moon shot was just the 500 f4 P, no TC, I think I had it at f/5.6 and 1/1000s, for some reason I forgot the ISO was 800. WIth the tripod, I could have had a slower shutter speed and less ISO I think.

Oct 16, 2013 at 10:35 PM
kwoodard
• • • •
p.3337 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thanks all. Looks like I have a tiny bone spur on one vertebrae and when things get inflamed, the pain is off the charts. I have to take things even more carefully now, if that's possible...

I will be keeping Harold and hope to get him serviced and shooting again. When that happens, I will be able to post here again.

I have a line on a Fuji XE1 that will probably work for me. With an adapter, I will get to use my Nikon glass as well as my two rare gems, Exakta mount Zeiss and Schneider lenses. I could never use them on Nikon as the flange distance was too great. Not so with mirror-less.

Oct 16, 2013 at 10:44 PM
saph
• • • •
p.3337 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Had a chance to go to Walters Art Museum in Baltimore. Lots of artifacts, paintings etc, there. Just had time to walk quickly through the Asian art section. There's artifacts dating back to nearly 2000 years ago from India, China, Japan and Korea.

55mm f1.2 S

28mm f2 N

Oct 16, 2013 at 10:45 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

kwoodard
• • • •
p.3337 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

saph wrote:
Had a chance to go to Walters Art Museum in Baltimore. Lots of artifacts, paintings etc, there. Just had time to walk quickly through the Asian art section. There's artifacts dating back to nearly 2000 years ago from India, China, Japan and Korea.

55mm f1.2 S
http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b530/sa_maryland_fotofun/2013FallBaltimore/Statue2_zps7a750a11.jpg

http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b530/sa_maryland_fotofun/2013FallBaltimore/Statue1_zps5c438859.jpg

28mm f2 N
http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b530/sa_maryland_fotofun/2013FallBaltimore/ChineseArtifact1_zps4ce8545d.jpg

http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b530/sa_maryland_fotofun/2013FallBaltimore/ChineseFlasks2_zps5cb875b3.jpg

Beautiful set Samy, you make excellent use of that lens.

Oct 16, 2013 at 10:53 PM
saph
• • • •
p.3337 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thanks Kevin.

A hallway in the Walter Arts Museum - 28mm f2 N.

Some from Mount Vernon Square in Baltimore, where the museum is located.

First one with the 85mm f1.4 AIS.

A view of the United Methodist church, with the 55mm 1.2 S.

Lion statue at the square, 55 1.2 S.

Oct 16, 2013 at 11:51 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.3337 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

asiostygius wrote:
Thanks Jeff.

This is not really my cup of tea, since I truly am shy to approach people for portraits, but as the girl is my student, during a fieldwork trip I was "courageous enough" to experiment on her a portrait's comparison of wide open vs. f/8 from my Nikkor 85mm f/1.8 K ai'd.:

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3794/10267206045_c4a57b5688_b.jpg
Nikkor 85mm f/1.8 K bokeh comparison: wide open vs. f/8 by labecoaves, on Flickr

D600 + Nikkor 85mm f/1.8 K ai'd & CPU'd hand held, ISO 250 (left), ISO 1000(right), f/1.8 (left) f/8 (right); at 1/640s (left) 1/100s(right).
A non scientific comparison, since at left there is some sun
...Show more

What I want to know Jose is what does your wife think about you spending time in the wilderness with lovely young women like this?

Nice comparison of what happens with change in aperture. I tend to stop down a bit when shooting portraits unless I'm trying to isolate a particular feature. I know this isn't your cup of tea but trust me, it can be fun. This is a fine effort.

Oct 17, 2013 at 12:02 AM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.3337 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I'm happy to see this thread not only survives without my contribution but it thrives. I'd hoped to be here for 66,666 but you guys shot right past it... and my week got a bit busy. I have picked up the camera on two occasions in the last four or five weeks and took a whopping nine photos in total. I'll post a few just to demonstrate that fact... This shot today at a park near where my friend Sue lives. Both of these were taken with the 55 f/1.2 S.C. AI'd.

And a wide open shot from today.

And one taken a week and a half ago at the San Rafael Farmer's Market. These are peppers. Also shot with the 55.

Keep up the great work everyone. I will return, but there is no telling when that might happen.

Oct 17, 2013 at 12:07 AM
georgms
• • • •
p.3337 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Hi Curtis, great to see you here ;-) Love the fern-shot.
On stopping down fast lenses a bit for portraiture: Jose's beautiful example-sujet would look really good too if the 85 was stopped down to f/2.8 or f/4, but the distance to the background is great. In a more crowded environment with a closer background a more shallow DoF-offering aperture like f/1.8 would look more pleasing in many cases.

Samy, very nice sets from your hometown! I like especially the second shot - great work with the superfast 55!
I can't help but notice the "one-way-direction"-sign in front of the church. On the registry office here (where the official wedding ceremonies take place, religious ceremonies might follow after the "official ceremony") a "dead end street"-traffic sign is mounted - have to take a picture of it sometimes...

Oct 17, 2013 at 12:28 AM
mp356
• • • •
p.3337 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Stokesey wrote:
Thought I would share a bit of monochrome play.

From the shots I took in London a few days ago.

Some subjects lend themselves to the black and white treatment, so armed with NIK SilverEfex I decided to dabble a little.

Playing more like.

All taken with the 55mm f1.2

Any comments are gratefully received - you might even help me get it right one day !!!

Steve

Steve, great b&w set. I like the fountain shot. Thank you for the comment on the waterfall image.

Oct 17, 2013 at 01:57 AM
mp356
• • • •
p.3337 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

georgms wrote:
Two completely different shots with a tilted 45/2.8 from today:

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5485/10309321485_840db1299a_o.jpg
D3s, 45/2.8 PC-E wide open, the muted greens are kinda dull in reality too

Georg, I like the apple tree image. They look about ready to pick. Thank you for the waterfall comment.

Oct 17, 2013 at 02:00 AM
mp356
• • • •
p.3337 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Dan Knowlton wrote:
Letchworth? Looks like it, I used to live abou15 miles south and have lots of fond memories of that place.

Dan K.

Dan, yes it is Letchworth. The bridge is in rough shape. The trains creep across at very slow speeds. It is scheduled to be replaced very soon.

Oct 17, 2013 at 02:01 AM
mp356
• • • •
p.3337 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl wrote:

http://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-uoEitqc1DSo/Ul8m723O0ZI/AAAAAAAAWVs/3M3Wj81AndY/s1000/55.1.2.SC.Ferns.SEP.jpg

Keep up the great work everyone. I will return, but there is no telling when that might happen.

Very nice! Curtis who?

Oct 17, 2013 at 02:06 AM
Zichar
• • • •
p.3337 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

mp356 wrote:
Dan, yes it is Letchworth. The bridge is in rough shape. The trains creep across at very slow speeds. It is scheduled to be replaced very soon.

Ahh that can't be right. My qualifications from the Wile E Coyote School of Engineering allow me to say that the train should move at very fast speeds, so as to spend less time on the tracks, and able to escape the falling rails, if that should happen...

Oct 17, 2013 at 02:45 AM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password