1       2       3              3333      
       3335              5889       5890       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3334 #1 · p.3334 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

mp356 wrote:
Thank you Leighton and everyone else for your comments on the ice storm images.

Leighton, this was my first outing with the 35 f2 Ai and I must say I am quite pleased. It delivered very sharp and contrasty images. I like the touch of the focus ring better than my 28 2.8 Ais. Could be trouble brewing in my lens bag.

Dec 23, 2013 at 05:30 PM
Ronny Olsson
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3334 #2 · p.3334 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

mp356 wrote:
Very nice Don. The timing of the scooter light behind her is perfect! You are the master of these night shots.

+1 Amazing work Don

Dec 23, 2013 at 05:31 PM
HCE HCE
• • •
p.3334 #3 · p.3334 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

mp356 wrote:
Thank you Leighton and everyone else for your comments on the ice storm images.

Leighton, this was my first outing with the 35 f2 Ai and I must say I am quite pleased. It delivered very sharp and contrasty images. I like the touch of the focus ring better than my 28 2.8 Ais. Could be trouble brewing in my lens bag.

Scott Ice sparkles and green grass look fantastic! You probably need a bigger lens bag to keep the peace.
-Jay-

Dec 23, 2013 at 05:37 PM
HCE HCE
• • •
p.3334 #4 · p.3334 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

D800 55mm f/1.2 @ 5.6

Florida Christmas

Dec 23, 2013 at 05:42 PM
Ronny Olsson
• • • • •
p.3334 #5 · p.3334 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Great shot Jay

NIKKOR 180mm f/2.8 ED AI-s by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

Dec 23, 2013 at 06:13 PM
leighton w
• • • • • •
p.3334 #6 · p.3334 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Gus just turned 5 months and weighs over 60 pounds!

Gus & Ellie/180/2.8 AIS by Leighton W, on Flickr

Dec 23, 2013 at 09:18 PM
cadman342001
• • • •
p.3334 #7 · p.3334 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Great photos leighton (b&w good choice), chin (love singapore), ronny (love the 3rd pic, has an almost hdr look), don (great capture, would like just a little lift of the shadows to see a little more of her face), jay etc. etc. !

Dec 23, 2013 at 10:50 PM
kwoodard
• • • •
p.3334 #8 · p.3334 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Well heck! The D7000 that I was supposed to be getting is going to fall through. The guy was nice enough to get it looked over by a repair shop before sending it to me and found that the shutter is toast. I found this out after I sent the trade. So one of two things are going to happen. I will either get my camera back or he will buy it off of me. I hope he buys it off of me, I know he wants it.

Dec 23, 2013 at 11:04 PM
georgms
• • • •
p.3334 #9 · p.3334 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

kwoodard wrote:
Well heck! The D7000 that I was supposed to be getting is going to fall through. The guy was nice enough to get it looked over by a repair shop before sending it to me and found that the shutter is toast. I found this out after I sent the trade. So one of two things are going to happen. I will either get my camera back or he will buy it off of me. I hope he buys it off of me, I know he wants it.

Sorry to hear that, but it speaks for the seller that he had the D7000 checked before sending it to you. Hope this turns out well. Btw, my D7000's shutter had to be replaced after about 70k clicks.

Dec 24, 2013 at 12:34 AM
kwoodard
• • • •
p.3334 #10 · p.3334 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

georgms wrote:
Sorry to hear that, but it speaks for the seller that he had the D7000 checked before sending it to you. Hope this turns out well. Btw, my D7000's shutter had to be replaced after about 70k clicks.

It does speak well for him and once we sort out what we are going to do, I will leave positive feedback. I have been reading a lot of reports on D7000 shutters only making it to half their rated life. In the last week, I have seen 4 different articles where it failed at 20k-60k. Heck, I was at a camera store a week ago and saw one fail on their display unit. kind of makes one worry about getting a used one.

Dec 24, 2013 at 12:43 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

georgms
• • • •
p.3334 #11 · p.3334 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Ronny and Leighton - love your dog-portraits! Ronny the backlight works great on the first Nitro-shots.
Leighton, I like the posture of Gus and Ellie. Great B&W-subjects! On my screen the blacks are a bit too massive (don't have the proper term - it looks like there's no deep gray between pure black and a regular deep gray).

Jay, the colorful leaves are looking great.

Don, fabulous photograph of the girl on a bike - somehow I see a book-cover in most of your fine shots. I just wonder if the writers of thrilling novels can keep up with your output ;-)

Chin, love the bar-shot! You've captured the mood in a great fashion.

JD, very, very nice bird-shots! I like especially the first shot (cool rendering of the water) and the angry seagull.

Scott, wonderful winter-set! Love the framing of the two last shots. I'm glad to hear the 35/2 Ai works so well for you.

Dan, very cool action-shots of the buggies! My fav is #1 for the contrasting colors. The strange looking yellow vehicle reminds me of a wasp somehow.

Luc, very nice architecture-shots! I've found buildings (workshop- and office-buildings, hotels too) in the Netherlands are more spirited shaped than comparable buildings in Germany.

Dec 24, 2013 at 12:59 AM
georgms
• • • •
p.3334 #12 · p.3334 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

kwoodard wrote:
It does speak well for him and once we sort out what we are going to do, I will leave positive feedback. I have been reading a lot of reports on D7000 shutters only making it to half their rated life. In the last week, I have seen 4 different articles where it failed at 20k-60k. Heck, I was at a camera store a week ago and saw one fail on their display unit. kind of makes one worry about getting a used one.

The D7000 seems to be a bit more fragile than the D300/D300s, but I know a lot of happy D7000-owners. Modern shutters with their super-fast moving blades are mechanical wonders for me. The second shutter in my D7000 is now about 50k clicks old and works great.
Just an anecdote: about 10 years ago I got myself a "beater-condition" Leica M3 and sent it to a small shop for some TLC. The very experienced repairman told me that the over 40 years old "gummed-cloth-curtains" of the shutter were about to wear out. I've asked how long it would still work and he replied "3, maybe 4 or 5 years". I've asked how much the replacement would be and how long this repair would last. Don't recall the price (about 100 -150 Euros) but his answer: "Another 40+ years". I gladly accepted his offer.

Dec 24, 2013 at 01:13 AM
mp356
• • • • •
p.3334 #13 · p.3334 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

thank you Jay and Georg for the comments. I think the 35 f2 Ai and I might become good friends.

Dec 24, 2013 at 02:59 AM
Zichar
• • • •
p.3334 #14 · p.3334 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

In a bizarro world, I moved from the 35/2 AI to the 28 2.8 AIS
I also love the focusing ring on the 28 now

Dec 24, 2013 at 03:41 AM
Foggy14
• • •
p.3334 #15 · p.3334 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Chuong, the Eagle and Vulture pairing is an exceptionally cool shot!

Georg, the Christmas Fair b&w's were beautifully done. I hear Dame Judy can be pretty tough about signing a release; a good reason to crop her. Terrific reflection portrait.

Luc, excellent colors!

Laura, sorry to hear about Felix; beautiful portrait.

Ronny, you dazzle me with the quality of your tubed shots. Great ones of Nitro.

JD, what an amazing looking bird. What is it?

Scott, terrific ice shots with the 35/2.

Dan, very cool shots from the desert.

Don, very nice work on the angel.

Jay, beautiful shot.

Chin, really nice framing on "mental gohan."

Leighton, great shot of Gus and Ellie. Gus is going to be one big boy. What brand of dog food do you feed him? I might have to buy a few shares of their stock.

Dec 24, 2013 at 04:31 AM
Foggy14
• • •
p.3334 #16 · p.3334 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

This one caught my eye. The Self-Realization Fellowship in Encinitas, California, lit up for the holiday season, extends a joyful message to their neighbors.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!

Joy to the World Nikon D800 Nikkor 50mm 1.2 ais 4s f8 ISO 100

Dec 24, 2013 at 05:00 AM
Socalpicman
• •
p.3334 #17 · p.3334 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Foggy14 wrote:
Chuong, the Eagle and Vulture pairing is an exceptionally cool shot!

Georg, the Christmas Fair b&w's were beautifully done. I hear Dame Judy can be pretty tough about signing a release; a good reason to crop her. Terrific reflection portrait.

Luc, excellent colors!

Laura, sorry to hear about Felix; beautiful portrait.

Ronny, you dazzle me with the quality of your tubed shots. Great ones of Nitro.

JD, what an amazing looking bird. What is it?

Scott, terrific ice shots with the 35/2.

Dan, very cool shots from the desert.

Don, very nice work on the angel.

Jay, beautiful shot.

Chin, really nice framing on "mental gohan."

Leighton, great shot of
...Show more

+1
Nice shot Jeff, cool colors.

I believe it's a white faced Ibis, I'm not really great on identification on many birds. I know they are seen in the area and he looks like the pic's I have seen.

Thanks everyone for the comments and likes on my photo's.

JD

Dec 24, 2013 at 05:12 AM
rangefindr

p.3334 #18 · p.3334 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Not sure if this is the right thread (or even forum) to be posting this in, but I thought I may as well give it a shot because I'm having trouble finding any information about this anywhere on the internet.

So I recently purchased this Sigma 15mm MF Fisheye from this thread. However, I'm having this problem on my D600 where the bottom half of the frame is blacked out at infinity focus. A little before that at close focusing distances, everything is okay and it performs normally, but around infinity, the lens becomes unusable. Testing it in live view, the same thing happens when I enter live view at infinity, but if I turn on live view at close focus and then shift the lens towards infinity, it still looks okay on screen before exposing. After exposing, the results are the same with the bottom 60% of the frame entirely black. Any idea what may be causing this problem? The box marks this as an AI lens, so it should theoretically be compatible, but the mirror slap also sounds a little irregular when mounted. However, the flange looks normal to me and I'm rather mind boggled..

Dec 24, 2013 at 05:53 AM
kwoodard
• • • •
p.3334 #19 · p.3334 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Without seeing it, I wonder if the mirror is getting hung up on the rear element or whatever sticks out the back of the lens. Hope that helps.

Dec 24, 2013 at 06:03 AM
Oosty
• • • •
p.3334 #20 · p.3334 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Great pictures the last few pages.

Still too busy outdoors playing golf and bowls - the summer weather here is fantastic so far.

Dec 24, 2013 at 06:25 AM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password