Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3326      
       3328              3818       3819       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

kwoodard
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3327 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

designdog wrote:
I think what you will miss most with these small cameras is full frame and the separation it offers. Also the ability to shoot wide with no multiplier. Mentioned this before: Sony will introduce a full frame NEX in the next several days. Looks like two models, with some other enhancements. Probably no AA filter as well. Anyway, your Nikon MF lenses will do quite well with this camera, with an inexpensive adapter:

http://petapixel.com/2013/10/03/sony-nex-full-frame-rumor-roundup/

Thanks all for the encouragement. I have never shot FF, so I won't miss those advantages. I know there are some adapters out there that will allow me to use legacy glass on a variety of systems, I am considering those with the Fuji system (I was able to get some RAF files and will play with them to see how my workflow works with them, thanks Georg). I am not 100% out of it, I still want to try a couple things I found this morning, but I don't know if long term they will do what I need them to do. It is so frustrating to have to take so many different meds just to be "normal"... I haven't touched my gear other than to move it out of the way in over two weeks.

Oct 09, 2013 at 04:49 PM
the solitaire
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3327 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

rattymouse wrote:
A Nikon FM weighs 580 grams.

A Nikon FM2 weights 540 grams.

I think I accidentally added the weight of the MD-12. Sorry about that

Oct 09, 2013 at 05:10 PM
aporia
• •
p.3327 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Kevin, I'm curious what you found this morning that might work for you.
I'm even more curious what meds you're taking that let you be "normal". I haven't found any of those yet.

Oct 09, 2013 at 06:14 PM
kwoodard
• • • •
p.3327 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

aporia wrote:
Kevin, I'm curious what you found this morning that might work for you.
I'm even more curious what meds you're taking that let you be "normal". I haven't found any of those yet.

Something along this line. When I hold the camera, I don't have as many issues, I just need the ability to relax my hand every so often. (the one I was looking at had a band that went around the wrist as well, this picture doesn't really show the exact one I was looking at)

I also saw this which would allow me to hang the camera almost anywhere, like a belt mount: Camera Clip system

As far as meds go, I live on Vicodin, Soma and Flexeril... They bring the pain down to manageable, or nearly so. I have a very loose definition of "normal" as I am rarely ever there.

Edited on Oct 09, 2013 at 06:37 PM · View previous versions

Oct 09, 2013 at 06:33 PM
georgms
• • • •
p.3327 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Kevin, I just got the Nikon-lens-adapter for my X-Pro1. It seems to work just fine, but is well made and very heavy.
A X-Pro/X-E or whatever with just the XF35/1.4 would make an excellent walkaround-kit. The X100 with it's wonderful little 23/2 too.
But both can't compete with your D7000 in terms of responsivity.

Oct 09, 2013 at 06:34 PM
kwoodard
• • • •
p.3327 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

georgms wrote:
Kevin, I just got the Nikon-lens-adapter for my X-Pro1. It seems to work just fine, but is well made and very heavy.
A X-Pro/X-E or whatever with just the XF35/1.4 would make an excellent walkaround-kit. The X100 with it's wonderful little 23/2 too.
But both can't compete with your D7000 in terms of responsivity.

While that is true, I almost exclusively shoot MF, so I think (just supposition) that even using the slower AF on the Fuji system will be faster than focusing with my current MF glass.

Oct 09, 2013 at 06:39 PM
HCE HCE
• •
p.3327 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

rattymouse wrote:
Tiger Hill, a famous spot in Suzhou China, on top of which is a leaning tower many hundreds of years old.

These are so interesting, what was the tower used for? Can you go inside? Great photos! -Jay-

Oct 09, 2013 at 07:30 PM
Oosty
• • • •
p.3327 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

designdog wrote:
Update.

Not that anyone here has been holding their breath on my status, but just wanted to advise that natural events, such as weather, and some intense golf, have prevented me from posting many shots with the "new" 35 1.4 AI-s and 85 1.4 AI-s.
PS to Leighton: we missed the Fall Fiber Festival and the border collies, simply because I surprised everyone by lucking into the semi final round of the local senior golf championships. Which I actually progressed through 2 matches before sinking. (Can't carry a D800 and a 7 iron at the same time..)

Ah. Someone else with the same affliction. I empathise totally. Well done and hard lines on the knockout

Oct 09, 2013 at 07:45 PM
designdog
• •
p.3327 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

kwoodard wrote:
While that is true, I almost exclusively shoot MF, so I think (just supposition) that even using the slower AF on the Fuji system will be faster than focusing with my current MF glass.

The Fuji X Pro1 was what got me to this forum! I "experimented" with a 28 2.8 AI-s and Fotodiox adapter, then added a 50 1.2 AI-s and the 105 2.5 AI-s. Soon I was using the Nikon lenses more than the Fujis, and I was hooked. The problems in processing raw files, which I mentioned previously, and which should be overcome by now, prompted me to go to Nikon FF.

Important to note that I had no problem whatsoever in manual focusing with the Nikon lenses on the XP1. You would not like the Fuji lenses to manual focus, however, as they are not mechanical. In fact, I would check that point out in consideration of any mirrorless system, since you like to shoot with manual focus...

Oct 09, 2013 at 08:37 PM
rattymouse
• • • •
p.3327 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Nikon FM2 w/24mm f/2 lens on Acros film.

Oct 09, 2013 at 10:38 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

asiostygius
• • • •
p.3327 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thanks Georg, Chuong and Ron.
Chuong, looking forward to see your shots with the new artillery.

A pseudo HDR from last trip; too bad the sky was not deep blue.

Copaifera langsdorffii (diesel tree ):

Copaifera langsdorffii (diesel tree ) pseudo HDR by labecoaves, on Flickr

D600 + Nikkor-P.C 105mm f/2.5 ai'd hand held, ISO 200, f/5.6 at 1/1600s.
This is a pseudo HDR, using just one shot as a source (0EV), processing other at -1.5EV and another at +1.5EV.
This is an individual tree with newly raised leaves showing reddish colour at the end of dry season in a Brazilian savannah; when mature the leaves are green.

Oct 09, 2013 at 11:31 PM
jhinkey
• • • • •
p.3327 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

A quick thanks to those who commented on my recent photos.
My consulting business has been way down recently, so counter-intuitively I've had far less time for photos as I've been spending all my free time doing business development stuff.
Hopefully I'll get back up soon and participate more.

Oct 09, 2013 at 11:53 PM
James Markus
• • • •
p.3327 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I hope that changes for you soon.

jhinkey wrote:
A quick thanks to those who commented on my recent photos.
My consulting business has been way down recently, so counter-intuitively I've had far less time for photos as I've been spending all my free time doing business development stuff.
Hopefully I'll get back up soon and participate more.

Oct 10, 2013 at 02:42 AM
jhinkey
• • • • •
p.3327 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thanks James!

Oct 10, 2013 at 05:03 AM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.3327 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

asiostygius wrote:
I am back after nearly 20 days of hard work here, some field trips collecting biological data, inputing data on computer and not much time for image processing.

Needless to say that you guys have delivered hundreds of spetacular images and interesting conversations. I am too lazy to comment 20 days of images, but would like to congrat Chuong for his new canon, the 600/5.6!

Last days I had some time to process some images taken with MF Nikkors during my trips.

A closer look:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7332/10168571433_afe52eee15_b.jpg
Toad with Micro-Nikkor 55mm f/3.5 - closer look by labecoaves, on Flickr

D600 + Micro Nikkor 55mm f/3.5 AI CPU'd
...Show more

Good to have you Back Jose. I chuckled when I saw this one. Looks like he's just planting his feet and daring anyone to come close!

Oct 10, 2013 at 09:41 AM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.3327 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

designdog wrote:
PS to Leighton: we missed the Fall Fiber Festival and the border collies, simply because I surprised everyone by lucking into the semi final round of the local senior golf championships. Which I actually progressed through 2 matches before sinking. (Can't carry a D800 and a 7 iron at the same time..)

Congrats on your game. We didn't make it to the festival either, maybe next year.

Oct 10, 2013 at 09:43 AM
saph
• • • •
p.3327 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

John, all the best in getting back to full speed!

Oct 10, 2013 at 10:05 AM
georgms
• • • •
p.3327 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

saph wrote:
John, all the best in getting back to full speed!

+1

Oct 10, 2013 at 10:10 AM
saph
• • • •
p.3327 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

A couple more from the Mount Vernon Square area in Baltimore.

Statue of John Eager Howard, soldier, and governor of Maryland in the late 18th century, the United Methodist Church structure in the background. 85 1.8 HC.

And looking at the city from John Eager Howard's perspective. 28mm 3.5 PC. The exif might say 105mm on this, that's incorrect.

Oct 10, 2013 at 10:18 AM
saph
• • • •
p.3327 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Jose, welcome back! Pleasant looking toad with the 55 Micro, and look forward to seeing your long distance shots too!

Oct 10, 2013 at 10:20 AM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password