Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3324      
       3326              3809       3810       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

saph
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3325 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Some images from Baltimore.

First, the original Washington Monument, which is in Baltimore's Mount Vernon Square. 28mm 3.5 PC.

A very impressive church architecture. Per Wikipedia, this Norman Gothic style United Methodist Church was built in 1872. Also 28mm 3.5 PC.

Several statues at the square, one of them is of Roger B. Taney, Chief Justice of the Supreme Court in the mid 19th century. This is with the 10.5cm f4 T.

One of the side effects of carrying several lenses is you have to set down the bag on a bench if you can find one, to change lenses. This particular bench had a spider in a bush right behind it. Unfortunately for the spider I couldn't miss it or its web, and I then spent several minutes trying to take photos from different angles and apertures, making it nervous. Also with the 10.5cm f4 T.

Edited on Oct 09, 2013 at 12:31 AM · View previous versions

Oct 09, 2013 at 12:07 AM
saph
• • • •
p.3325 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

More from the Mt. Vernon Square in Baltimore.

A statue at the square getting sprayed. 85mm f1.8 HC.

A closer up of the UMC church door. 50mm 1.2 AIS

Birds on a wire, or rather on a railing, also at the square. With the 10.5cm f4 T.

Yet another statue at the square, 10.5cm f4 T.

Oct 09, 2013 at 12:30 AM
saph
• • • •
p.3325 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

One more from Mount Vernon Square in Baltimore.

The alley behind the United Methodist Church. 28mm 3.5 PC. In its shifted state, the extreme top edge is always mush. Something to watch out for if that part of the frame was critical.

Oct 09, 2013 at 12:40 AM
mp356
• • • •
p.3325 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

georgms wrote:
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2894/10162765496_52bc0d4db9_b.jpg
Remaining parts of an abbey were included in a modern building.
Abbey, almshouse, military hospital during the French occupation 1806/1807, madhouse and now a university of music and theatre - quite a history ;-)

What a great mix of architecture and construction. Well seen and composed Georg.

Oct 09, 2013 at 01:04 AM
mp356
• • • •
p.3325 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

saph wrote:
More from the Mt. Vernon Square in Baltimore.

A statue at the square getting sprayed. 85mm f1.8 HC.
http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b530/sa_maryland_fotofun/2013FallBaltimore/FountainStatue_zps02af9224.jpg

Great series from Baltimore Samy! I especially like this one. The water droplets frozen in the air. Nicely done.

Oct 09, 2013 at 01:05 AM
rafaelcasd
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3325 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

HCE HCE wrote:
It is a bit on the far side but stops index ok.
It was done on a mill
---------
Nice sky today.
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3677/10144969886_a888938067_o.jpg
35 f/3.5 at f/8
-Jay-

35 3.5 as in the first Perspective control lens?

Oct 09, 2013 at 01:51 AM
mp356
• • • •
p.3325 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Old railroad bridge (1875) still seeing traffic today. Scheduled to be replaced soon. Taken with the 18 3.5 ais and the 28 2.8 ais. Thanks for looking.

Oct 09, 2013 at 01:52 AM
rafaelcasd
• • •
p.3325 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Ray, great choice of composition and processing on the mercurial palm frond.

Kevin, polarized colors in the Sacramento campus came out well.

John your panoramas are inspirational.

Ronny your path fall foliage with the 135 is intriguing and interesting. The tree is just beautiful.

Jim, great hummingbirds.

Georg, great architecture with the 45mm.

Classic Baltimore Samy.

Too bad the bridge has to go, love the look of it.

Oct 09, 2013 at 01:54 AM
raboof
• • •
p.3325 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

24mm f2.8 AIS

Oct 09, 2013 at 02:05 AM
HCE HCE
• •
p.3325 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

rafaelcasd wrote:
35 3.5 as in the first Perspective control lens?

It's the second Perspective control lens, it has a black knob.

I was set to take some pictures of houses and only had this old timer with me.
-Jay-

Oct 09, 2013 at 02:22 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

HCE HCE
• •
p.3325 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

saph wrote:
One more from Mount Vernon Square in Baltimore.

The alley behind the United Methodist Church. 28mm 3.5 PC. In its shifted state, the extreme top edge is always mush. Something to watch out for if that part of the frame was critical.

http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b530/sa_maryland_fotofun/2013FallBaltimore/TheAlley_zps8b51c604.jpg

Beautiful set. I like the impressive scale of this architecture compared to person.
-Jay-

Oct 09, 2013 at 02:32 AM
HCE HCE
• •
p.3325 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

mp356 wrote:
Old railroad bridge (1875) still seeing traffic today. Scheduled to be replaced soon. Taken with the 18 3.5 ais and the 28 2.8 ais. Thanks for looking.

I think these are all great but the one withe the stream is my favorite.
-Jay-

Oct 09, 2013 at 02:42 AM
HCE HCE
• •
p.3325 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

raboof wrote:
24mm f2.8 AIS

http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22102440/FRED/DSC_2440.jpg

Magic!
-Jay-

Oct 09, 2013 at 02:43 AM
kwoodard
• • • •
p.3325 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Well shoot. Looks like I am going to have to go smaller/lighter. I have a couple disc's that are slipping in and out of place in my back. One in my lower neck, the other a couple inches above my pelvis. My doctor friend recommended not to carry much of anything until my body heals, if it heals... We aren't sure when the damage happened, but it certainly explains how I can be fine one day and not the next...things slipping in and out of place. So! I need to start selling. If there is anything in my kit that you might be interested in, shoot me a PM. I am going to start with lenses and macro stuff, ending with my camera body. I am sad about it, but what can you do? I wish Nikon would come out with something like the Fuji X-Pro1. Sigh...

Oct 09, 2013 at 03:22 AM
Gunzorro
• • • • •
p.3325 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

georgms wrote:
Jim, congrats to your "new" camera! I've never had much fun using MF-Nikkor's on a D200, I'm really glad it works for you so well like in the shot above.

I've been trying it out with focus confirm on the AIS lenses, and it seems to work accurately about 90% of the time so far -- when nothing important is being lensed! Thanks, it's fun, and seems more reliable MF'ing than my previous D7000.

Oct 09, 2013 at 04:07 AM
Oosty
• • • •
p.3325 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Terrific pictures - Ray, Kevin, John, Ronny, Jim, Georg, Samy and Scott.

Oct 09, 2013 at 05:54 AM
Zichar
• • • •
p.3325 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Oh no Kevin! What about Nikon's mirrorless or even film options?

Oct 09, 2013 at 06:18 AM
kwoodard
• • • •
p.3325 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I have looked at the smaller Nikons and just don't like how they feel. The small sensors I don't think are that great either. Film is a pricy prospect and not something I can easily do here. I won't be selling Harold and will keep my 50/1.4K, but that will probably be the only thing I could show here.

I wish Nikon had something like the XPro1, I would be all over it. I need to cut my operating weight down over half. I am looking hard at the Fuji line and possibly Sony.

When I was looking at where my neck issue lies, any strap on my neck passes right over it. My lower back has been an issue since I was a kid, it just keeps getting worse. In the mid 90's I was hit by an out of control snowboarder and was paralyzed for over an hour. I don't really carry much anymore, especially now. I am not happy, but I felt it was coming.

Oct 09, 2013 at 06:46 AM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.3325 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Georg - Perfect use of the 45/2.8 PC-E with the first one. but I can't believe it's in color!

Samy - Thanks for the stroll through Baltimore. If you're ever on Dundalk, shoot a couple for me. That's where my grandparents used to live.

Scott - Love the first one, looks like Fall is in just about ready to peak.

Kevin - Good luck in your new system. I handled a Fuji Xpro-1 last Saturday, a very nice camera. It had the 35mm f1.4 on it and it was tiny compared to a FF 35mm.

Oct 09, 2013 at 10:09 AM
saph
• • • •
p.3325 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Kevin, very sorry to hear your neck and back issues haven't been resolved. Hope the healing gets underway, I wouldn't do anything to slow that down. Scary what happened to you with the snowboarder. Be well. My suggestion is hang on to at least the 50 1.8, you do such impressive work with it, your Sacramento stadium shots just reminded me of that.

Thanks Peter, Scott, Leighton and Jay. Leighton, definitely, I will look at Dundalk as one of my jaunts around the Baltimore area.

Scott, agree with Jay, all those pics of the bridge are great, but the first one of the stream cutting through what seems like geological layers is marvelous. And interesting to see a railroad bridge built in 1875 and still functional.

Chuong, nice photo of the kids. Those soap bubbles are always a hit at that age.

John, loved the pic of the woman and the dog and the scenic mountain range as a backdrop.

Scott, just saw your picture of the fireplace with the two windows. Very nice!

Rafael, very nice dome at the city hall. Lots of geometry there. Cool colors at the burger joint, and wow, that 15mm is a very nice specimen.

Chin, the river of car pictures with the Sea of Monsters poster is great!

Ron, I like the bridge's top part lit up. It works real well!

Jay, Cassiopiea and the Lighthouse is superb!!!

Tom, great images at that market. Very impressive film work!

Ray (FL), liked the 105 2.5 Gauss photos of the flower and especially the leaf with the parallel lines.

Oct 09, 2013 at 12:01 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password