Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3305      
       3307              4051       4052       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

mp356
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3306 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

MDoc9523 wrote:

A few shots today using the 300mm 4.5 EDIF at the University of Florida Teaching Garden

http://raysteele.zenfolio.com/img/s3/v44/p2096385377-5.jpg

Ray

Very nice Ray.

Oct 01, 2013 at 12:04 AM
mp356
• • • •
p.3306 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

georgms wrote:
Some pictures from today, shot for a local paper. Germans wanna lay pipe* too, and this one was quite a sight ;-)

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7307/10025950976_8d42831442_o.jpg
D3s, 85/2.8PC - preparing the hoisting sling

Georg, terrific series! That is one big piece of pipe. The diameter of the steel cables in this shot are amazing!

Oct 01, 2013 at 12:09 AM
mp356
• • • •
p.3306 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thank you for the comments on the Acadia Beehive.

And now a hint of fall. Taken with the 24 2.8 NC. First use of this lens. Seems to render decent images.
Scott

Oct 01, 2013 at 12:30 AM
pbraymond
• • •
p.3306 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Samy, I'm glad you liked the b&w landscape. I actually shot in b&w in my mind that afternoon as it was mostly a very flat green in very flat terrain, but the clouds looked cool.

The following are not the most photogenic renderings, but given the appearance of cars in the last couple of pages I thought the car aficionados would at least appreciate the subject matter. It was nice to get out again this past Saturday with some MF lenses in hand, even if it was midday with less than ideal lighting, and crowds to boot. Apologies that I don't know the names of the cars, but I do enjoy their design a lot.

All D700, either the 20mm f3.5 AI or 50-135 f3.5.

NIKON D700    0.0 mm f/0.0 lens    50mm    f/8.0    1/250s    400 ISO    +1.3 EV  

Oct 01, 2013 at 12:32 AM
MDoc9523
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3306 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thank you Scott. Your new lens has beautiful color and clarity. It is a keeper and the photo is excellent!
Georg what a wonderful job capturing the sheer size of those pipes. Excellent series!
Ray you have to love the wings on that red Chevy. I love how they fill the frame!

Oct 01, 2013 at 01:12 AM
amlsml
• • •
p.3306 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

A 66 tempest, here are the rest with the 24.

Oct 01, 2013 at 02:16 AM
MDoc9523
• • • •
p.3306 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Andy it's a real beauty! Nice shots

Oct 01, 2013 at 03:16 AM
r_o_b_s_o_n
• • • •
p.3306 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

A few recent shots with my D700 and 20mm f2.8 Ai-s and 35mm f1.4 Ai-s... this was at a "Tweed Ride" in Victoria BC, Canada. The idea is, you get dressed up in some vintage looking tweed, and ride your vintage looking bicycle around in a large group of people, stop here and there for refreshments and games, some music and dancing, and then convene at a final destination for more merry making. Unfortunately the weather was less than ideal for the riding portion of the event, so we curtailed the ride and went straight to the final venue for snacks and beverages... Procedes from the entry fees goes toward repairing and shipping unwanted bicycles to developing nations in Africa.

">

">

">

">

">

">
(the last one isn't an MF lens, it was with my 24-70... many more portraits can be found on my flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/geoff_robson/sets/72157635996301756/ )

Both the 20mm and 35mm are fairly recent additions to my bag, and both have quickly proven them selves as stunning performers. Some of you may recall my post a while back about getting a bunk copy of the 20mm on ebay... well, needless to say the new copy I have is a knockout lens!

Thanks for looking, and sharing your thoughts!

Oct 01, 2013 at 04:10 AM
kwoodard
• • • •
p.3306 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

r_o_b_s_o_n wrote:
A few recent shots with my D700 and 20mm f2.8 Ai-s and 35mm f1.4 Ai-s... this was at a "Tweed Ride" in Victoria BC, Canada. The idea is, you get dressed up in some vintage looking tweed, and ride your vintage looking bicycle around in a large group of people, stop here and there for refreshments and games, some music and dancing, and then convene at a final destination for more merry making. Unfortunately the weather was less than ideal for the riding portion of the event, so we curtailed the ride and went straight to the final venue for
...Show more
Awesome story, event and set! Loved them all.

Oct 01, 2013 at 04:48 AM
the solitaire
• • •
p.3306 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Happy Birthday Curtis, even if Iīm a bit late.

Didnīt find the time to catch up yesterday and it seems I missed a whole lot of outstanding photograph.

The ī66 Pontiac Tempest and Tweed Ride shots really stand out though. Awesome stuff!

Oct 01, 2013 at 06:49 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

saph
• • • •
p.3306 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Lots of good stuff in recent pages. Fun cars and tweed and Curtis' birthday (72nd? 80th? ). Scott, nice scenery. With the lack of recent rain, wonder if the colors this fall are going to be muted. Skyline Drive down in Leighton's neighborhood can be very scenic later in October, let's see how this years colors turn out.

Oct 01, 2013 at 07:59 AM
rattymouse
• • • •
p.3306 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Stokesey wrote:
A water feature newly installed at Greengate in Salford on the border with Manchester

35mm @ f8 ISO200 1/30th

Thought it showed the flow a little and monochromed in PS5.5

Steve

This is really nice!

Oct 01, 2013 at 09:16 AM
rattymouse
• • • •
p.3306 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

There's a 4 image rule??

Oct 01, 2013 at 09:18 AM
rattymouse
• • • •
p.3306 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

A belated happy birthday to Curtis!

Oct 01, 2013 at 09:20 AM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.3306 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

mp356 wrote:
Georg, terrific series! That is one big piece of pipe. The diameter of the steel cables in this shot are amazing!

I agree, great set Georg, and the steel cables really put it in perspective.

BTW, we lifted the 4 shot rule, so post away!

Oct 01, 2013 at 09:45 AM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.3306 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Scott - congrats on the new lens, what a nice scene. I can't wait for the Fall colors to show up here.

Andy - Nice looking Tempest, yours?

Ray - I enjoyed the set, I like the last one the best.

Geoff - Great images. They remind me of a scene from a PBS special set in WWll England. Well done.

Oct 01, 2013 at 09:52 AM
Zichar
• • • •
p.3306 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Tweed-themed event? That's a marvelous idea! Love the one with the kid

Oct 01, 2013 at 10:29 AM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.3306 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

rattymouse wrote:
There's a 4 image rule??

Ratty, we used to have a "4 limit rule" back when the the thread was moving at warp speed in order to help folks keep up. I think we all agreed recently to lift that so post away if you have them. Having said that, I still believe it would be nice if people wouldn't post dozens of images all at once.

Oct 01, 2013 at 10:48 AM
georgms
• • • •
p.3306 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Geoff, that's a very nice set from a really fancy event! The portrait of the boy is my personal fav.

Scott, congrats to your 24/2.8! Love the late-summer-colors on your fine landscape.

Andy, Jay, Ray & Ray: thanks for sharing your beautiful car-photographs!

Ray, I like the first shot of your flower-set the most. Very atmospheric shots from the band-day, my fav here is the band in color.

Steve, the B&W-portrait of John is really great. Love the narrowboat-series!

Sam, the soft colors on "Purple Sage" are wonderful.

Ben, nice candid with the 400/5.6! The lady looks like she is enjoying a nice day, a fair subject (or would "fair game" be proper English?) ;-)

Chin, "Houdini" is a fantastic subject, well photographed.

John from LA, welcome here! Wonderful and inspiring work, my personal favorite is the second portrait. Hope to see more of your photography soon.

Chuong, is the tunnel in your latest shots the one from the price-winning piano-image? Anyway, very nice work!
Alan, I'm really glad to read that Malachi is healthy again. Sorry to hear that you have to let some gear go...

Rafael, the church-set is really nice. Love the first interior-shot and the altars-image.

Leighton, "Contemplation" is a mighty fine picture. "Meeting Friends" too.

Jeff, nice work with the superfast 50!

Samy, the wooden house works great in B&W.

Sorry, I've missed some great posts :-/
Thanks for he feedback on the Bonsai- and Monopile-shots!

Oct 01, 2013 at 12:12 PM
Oosty
• • • •
p.3306 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

It would also help a little if images are removed when replying via quote, if possible

Oct 01, 2013 at 12:13 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password