Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3295      
3296
       3297              5884       5885       end
  

Manual Focus Nikon Glass
  
 
leighton w
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3296 #1 · p.3296 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Foggy14 wrote:
Here are a few color shots from the Yosemite trip. Two days in the park was great, but also frustrating. So much to see and photograph, and so little time. A month or two would be nice.


Jeff these are beautiful! I'm with Ray, this is one park I'd love to visit.



Dec 08, 2013 at 07:44 PM
leighton w
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3296 #2 · p.3296 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


MDoc9523 wrote:

Samy very interesting comparison.
Sandy nice shots with the 20mm 2.8 It looks like a keeper to me.
Scott here's a shot using the 20mm 3.5 with a sorta sunburst

http://raysteele.zenfolio.com/img/s9/v95/p229457987-5.jpg


and one just because I like it
http://raysteele.zenfolio.com/img/s10/v99/p841977900-5.jpg


Looks like you're having fun with your new lens. And you're right, I like the second one too.



Dec 08, 2013 at 07:45 PM
leighton w
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3296 #3 · p.3296 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


georgms wrote:
Thanks for the kind comments on the storm-shots and the gymnastics-image!
There were a lot of photographers (and TV-guys) at the pier. I'm sure some photogs came home with a busted/dusted camera. Sand is brutal on gear. My gear gets wet on a regular basis (shooting in rain or snow), but I try to keep the sand-blasting to a minimum.
Peter, I've read Roger's blog-post about the color-run ;-) Seriously, I think about getting a decent waterproof P&S for stuff like this.


You could consider Nikon's new offer. http://www.dpreview.com/products/nikon/slrs/nikon_aw1



Dec 08, 2013 at 07:53 PM
MDoc9523
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3296 #4 · p.3296 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


leighton w wrote:
Looks like you're having fun with your new lens. And you're right, I like the second one too.


Thank you. It is a wonderful lens Leighton. Totally different than the 24mm 2.8 AIS. I always hesitated looking at the 20mm because I had the 24mm. Goes to show all of these focal lengths have their own special purpose.



Dec 08, 2013 at 08:06 PM
rankamateur
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3296 #5 · p.3296 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


For all you who are cuddly and warm! Still snowing hard here and nearly impossible to get any clarity. I hate this stuff but the dogs love it. 80-200 4.5




  NIKON Df    80.0 mm f/4.5 lens    80mm    f/5.6    1/2000s    800 ISO    0.0 EV  




Dec 08, 2013 at 08:07 PM
MDoc9523
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3296 #6 · p.3296 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


shmn wrote:
D700 with micro-Nikkor 105/2.8 AI-s...my favorite and most versatile lens...and some bounce flash off the ceiling.

http://shimonmor.com/photos/lazyskye.jpg


Welcome to the thread shmn. You have a beautiful dog nicely captured. We all go by first names here so if you could use yours in your profile we can all get to know you a little better.

Ray



Dec 08, 2013 at 08:09 PM
georgms
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3296 #7 · p.3296 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


leighton w wrote:
You could consider Nikon's new offer. http://www.dpreview.com/products/nikon/slrs/nikon_aw1


Thanks, Leighton, I was just looking at reviews of several waterproof P&S's. Those models seem to be not exactly great in terms of IQ… The new Nikon is tempting, a bit pricey for occasional use.
Maybe something like this housing is worth further investigation, but it's pricey as well…
Hope the weather around your farm didn't make you want/need a snowstorm-proof camera.



Dec 08, 2013 at 08:09 PM
leighton w
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3296 #8 · p.3296 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


georgms wrote:
Thanks, Leighton, I was just looking at reviews of several waterproof P&S's. Those models seem to be not exactly great in terms of IQ… The new Nikon is tempting, a bit pricey for occasional use.
Maybe something like this housing is worth further investigation, but it's pricey as well…
Hope the weather around your farm didn't make you want/need a snowstorm-proof camera.


You're right, that Nikon is a bit pricey. Every time I consider getting a P&S, I change my mind because of image IQ. And no, the weather is not bad at the moment.



Dec 08, 2013 at 08:14 PM
Oosty
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3296 #9 · p.3296 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Away from the thread for a few days. Some amazing shots from among others Georg, Jeff , Scott, Ray that I saw as I shot through catching up. Just an amazing array of talent here.


Dec 08, 2013 at 08:16 PM
leighton w
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3296 #10 · p.3296 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


MDoc9523 wrote:
Thank you. It is a wonderful lens Leighton. Totally different than the 24mm 2.8 AIS. I always hesitated looking at the 20mm because I had the 24mm. Goes to show all of these focal lengths have their own special purpose.


I never have liked my 24mm much, I think because the 28 is so good. But I may consider the 20 down the road.



Dec 08, 2013 at 08:17 PM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



leighton w
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3296 #11 · p.3296 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


rankamateur wrote:
For all you who are cuddly and warm! Still snowing hard here and nearly impossible to get any clarity. I hate this stuff but the dogs love it. 80-200 4.5


Wow Ron, looks like this storm is fun for the dogs at least. Mine love to sleep in the snow.



Dec 08, 2013 at 08:21 PM
Oosty
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3296 #12 · p.3296 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


This magnificent catamaran was built in Knysna and is being finally fitted out before delivery to its new owners in Bermuda. It is the biggest built here and the hull was launched with some difficulty before being towed to the waterfront for completion.





"Catarama" - 4 shot pano

  NIKON D200    0.0 mm f/0.0 lens    28mm    f/2.8    1/3200s    100 ISO    0.0 EV  






  NIKON D200    0.0 mm f/0.0 lens    28mm    f/11.0    1/250s    100 ISO    0.0 EV  






  NIKON D200    0.0 mm f/0.0 lens    28mm    f/8.0    1/125s    100 ISO    0.0 EV  




Dec 08, 2013 at 08:22 PM
leighton w
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3296 #13 · p.3296 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Oosty wrote:
This magnificent catamaran was built in Knysna and is being finally fitted out before delivery to its new owners in Bermuda. It is the biggest built here and the hull was launched with some difficulty before being towed to the waterfront for completion.


Beautiful boat Peter, how much did that set you back?



Dec 08, 2013 at 08:25 PM
georgms
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3296 #14 · p.3296 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Peter, wow, that's a mean machine! Will it be delivered on it's own hulls? Btw, great job on the stitching, I have never luck with difficult subjects like this


Dec 08, 2013 at 08:27 PM
rick2906
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3296 #15 · p.3296 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


leighton w wrote:
Beautiful boat Peter, how much did that set you back?


+1 you took the words out of my mouth! !



Dec 08, 2013 at 08:31 PM
MDoc9523
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3296 #16 · p.3296 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Great pano Peter. That would be the life to sail on those beauties


Dec 08, 2013 at 08:36 PM
philipj
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3296 #17 · p.3296 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Thanks Georg and Leighton!

Another with the 50mm f/1.2 AI-s, this time wide open. Margot is now just shy 15 months old.


Margot by philipjohnson, on Flickr



Dec 08, 2013 at 08:53 PM
rick2906
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3296 #18 · p.3296 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Nice one Philip! ! You have steady hands and quick reflex. Must be hard to get a sharp picture of such a young girl!! They usually don't stand still for too long!



Dec 08, 2013 at 08:56 PM
philipj
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3296 #19 · p.3296 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


rick2906 wrote:
Nice one Philip! ! You have steady hands and quick reflex. Must be hard to get a sharp picture of such a young girl!! They usually don't stand still for too long!


Thanks Rick! My trick is to not show anyone all the ones that are out of focus.



Dec 08, 2013 at 09:07 PM
rick2906
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3296 #20 · p.3296 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


philipj wrote:
Thanks Rick! My trick is to not show anyone all the ones that are out of focus.


Yeah that's what I thought! We usally tried to show our best shot after all ps is done. Not all the one that are so so



Dec 08, 2013 at 09:13 PM
1       2       3              3295      
3296
       3297              5884       5885       end






FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3295      
3296
       3297              5884       5885       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password