FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3290      
       3292              5892       5893       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

HCE HCE
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3291 #1 · p.3291 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Samy those are fine bird photos. I've been trying to shoot birds with AF lenses and my beginning efforts result in about a 10% success rate.
-Jay-

Dec 07, 2013 at 02:53 PM
saph
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3291 #2 · p.3291 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thanks Jay. Birds are very tough, and the smaller the more difficult to get good pics since they are very twitchy.

One more pic from a different light pole, same parking area as the hawk pics this morning. I call this the "Odd One Out".

TheOddOneOut by maryland_photos, on Flickr

European starling, with 500 F4 P.

Dec 07, 2013 at 03:24 PM
saph
• • • •
p.3291 #3 · p.3291 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Ron, your Df pics are drool worthy. That camera sure goes aesthetically much better with the grand old Nikkors

Curtis, maybe that could be the new inspiration

Dec 07, 2013 at 03:29 PM
AtelierPhoto
• •
p.3291 #4 · p.3291 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

saph wrote:
I call this the "Odd One Out"

I would hate to be under the wrong end of that pole!!!

Dec 07, 2013 at 03:33 PM
saph
• • • •
p.3291 #5 · p.3291 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

That 55 flower image with the Ray-Jay collaboration was fun!

The longer AI and pre-AI focus throws work really well when you want real precise focus on an object, but get in the way when you are in a hurry to get a snap, like trying to get a photo of an impatient kid

leighton w wrote:
I'm with you. I have one Ai lens and I much prefer the shorter focus throw of the AI-s.

Dec 07, 2013 at 03:36 PM
saph
• • • •
p.3291 #6 · p.3291 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Carpet bombed by European starlings?? Ouch, I sure didn't think of that at that moment. I was at an angle, not right under the pole. Good point though, will watch my angle next time, thanks

BiohazardX369 wrote:
I would hate to be under the wrong end of that pole!!!

Dec 07, 2013 at 03:39 PM
saph
• • • •
p.3291 #7 · p.3291 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

HCE HCE wrote:
Andy I'm pretty sure according to forum rules you are supposed to fill the Non-CPU list and not erase entries.

-Jay-

Dec 07, 2013 at 03:46 PM
Zichar
• • • •
p.3291 #8 · p.3291 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Alright, I'm starting on my Japan photos proper
And going into a slightly different processing for them

>>

Researching for vantage points in city
I stumbled upon the Tokyo Skytree
A new competitor for the 'tallest structure in the world' title
There's a 30 minute queue minimum
And you gotta pay to get up
But no tripods allowed
Binned

We touched down early morning
Aches and sores, puffy lids that protested with each blink
Much too old for a red eye flight
The week's worth of fatigue set in
Took up watch sleeping in the train lest we missed our stop
Zombie staggered to the front step

And immediately rushed out to that famous Edo tempura stall of yore
Residing in that ex-seedy now-quiet almost deserted ward of Minowa
Shutters drawn in most, sidewalks lay bare
Ten-don on my list of must-bring-the-wife-to
She missed this the last I was here, and she
Snow-stormed out in Virginia Beach

We ran as soon as the doors to the train opened
Closing time!
I took over, navigating from memory
Until I turned the corner and stood, stunned
Who'd put that tower there?!

28mm f/2.8 AIS

kaiju by Zichar, on Flickr

Dec 07, 2013 at 04:30 PM
Weasel_Loader
• • •
p.3291 #9 · p.3291 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Made the mistake and thought I had a good deal on a 135/2 AI-s lens. Just a few days after paying, I looked more closely at the photos and description and realized it is a pre-AI lens. Oh well. Won't make that mistake again and thats what I get for browsing ebay on an iPhone. I did order a Nikon AI conversion kit #41 from Crystal Camera Repair back on 3 December, but have yet to receive it and never got any confirmation email from them after ordering on their site (only paypal receipt). Tried sending them an email, but their funky security code thingy isn't working right. I'll try calling them on Monday.

The lens is very nice with just some slight signs of wear. Can't wait to mount this on my D700.

Dec 07, 2013 at 06:12 PM
pbraymond
• • •
p.3291 #10 · p.3291 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Cool opp inside the blimp, Weasel Loader

Ron, the Df and preAI looks made for each other (as much as they can be in the digital age).

Pretty sure I have not shared this yet..... D700 200 f4 AI

Fall is over

Dec 07, 2013 at 06:24 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

MDoc9523
• • • • •
p.3291 #11 · p.3291 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Ron the 28mm 3.5 looks like a great lens and i agree with your wife - it need more stuff

Dan very cool blimp photos. I have never seen the inside before and the 20mm is the perfect lens for the job

Thank you Steve Samy and Jay

Samy your hawk photos are wonderful. So sharp!

Ron you camera is a real beauty!

Chin what a great view nicely captured

Raymond you have such a good eye and BTW I don't miss the snow at all lol

Dec 07, 2013 at 06:27 PM
Weasel_Loader
• • •
p.3291 #12 · p.3291 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Raymond- Nice shot with the 200/4. After I pick up a 28/2.8, I might look for a 200/4. Thanks for posting!

Dec 07, 2013 at 06:34 PM
MDoc9523
• • • • •
p.3291 #13 · p.3291 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

A photo from the highest point in the Florida peninsula. A whopping 312 Ft.
20mm 3.5 AIS

Dec 07, 2013 at 06:39 PM
a.RodriguezPix
• • • •
Account locked
p.3291 #14 · p.3291 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

found this on ebay, looks cool! NIKON-FE2-CAMERA-MD-12-TWO-NIKKOR-AIS-LENSES-FAST-50MM-F1-4-80-200MM-F4-0-MORE

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NIKON-FE2-CAMERA-MD-12-TWO-NIKKOR-AIS-LENSES-FAST-50MM-F1-4-80-200MM-F4-0-MORE-/390715978810?pt=Film_Cameras&hash=item5af87cb43a

Dec 07, 2013 at 06:54 PM
rick2906
• • •
p.3291 #15 · p.3291 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Wow, samy great bird shots. As someone already pointed out, it is already hard with af lense. When are you gonna post BIF ??

Dec 07, 2013 at 07:16 PM
pburke
• • • •
p.3291 #16 · p.3291 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

don't buy this lens

16mm f/3.5 AI

that seller is not to be trusted. He actually called me when I returned it to insist it had been serviced by Nikon, but it wasn't him who listed it so he blamed some unknown kid working for his shop. However, now he discloses what I consider a crack in a lens as a "hairline scratch" - and I wonder who that unkown amateur owner is who allegedly disassembled the lens? He claims in one place what made me buy it in the first place "Clean glass, no loose oil, fungus, or scratches.Just CLAed by Nikon.

then the seller writes this:

"This lens was disassembled by an unknown amateur owner. It has a hair-line scratch in the lens coating in a rear element. It also has the beginning of fungus in the edges of this same rear element. This can only be seen w/ a very bright light from the front. We guarantee you will never , ever see this in your photos - but it will effect the value in the future we guess.
Since then we've had this lens sent to the local Nikon authorised service center. They say the lens would have to be re-coated, and it's not worth it. Otherwise this lens is squeeky clean and tested fine."

very bright light not needed:

now, "since then" must only mean since they got it back from me (am I the one who disassembled and scratched it?), and that was Wednesday this week. Amazingly fast turnaround by Nikon service I'd say...

Anyway, I really lost my urge to own one of these lenses. In fact, since I took the above photo, I haven't touched my camera. It needs a sensor cleaning anyway, so maybe it's time to send that to that fast turnaround Nikon service center this guy is using

Dec 07, 2013 at 07:28 PM
a.RodriguezPix
• • • •
Account locked
p.3291 #17 · p.3291 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

pburke wrote:
don't buy this lens

16mm f/3.5 AI

that seller is not to be trusted. He actually called me when I returned it to insist it had been serviced by Nikon, but it wasn't him who listed it so he blamed some unknown kid working for his shop. However, now he discloses what I consider a crack in a lens as a "hairline scratch" - and I wonder who that unkown amateur owner is who allegedly disassembled the lens? He claims in one place what made me buy it in the first place "Clean glass, no loose oil, fungus, or scratches.Just CLAed by
...Show more

How horrid! I hate thinking about this kind of situation when buying, or even selling lenses, since, I have no idea how to find the tell tell signs, of any malady, or maladies that may exist! I have actually sent an af 300mm f/4 ED back to roberts ebay for a refund, since it had six month warranty, and i was still in the time frame of returns, because the lens had a whirring sound that really bothered me! after this return is refunded, i plan on getting back my beloved 85m 1.4 AIS, and hold on to it dearly! ill prob add the 28mm 2.8 AIS back as soon as possible, and the 50mm 1.8D for my af needs, when they arise! I wish i had my D800, back my crazy plans of going Leica M9 fell apart, and then I got creamed by too many doctor bills, plumbing issues, and the usual daily toils, but thank God for work, insurance, and my daughter being 9 month out of chemo treatments, with no signs, or markers of the damned disease that took my father, and almost had my girl! Thanks for sharing your story, and experience, these are very helpful to those of us, that shop eBay to save, and enjoy our hobby! happy photography! -americo.Rodriguez

Dec 07, 2013 at 07:42 PM
jhinkey
• • • • •
p.3291 #18 · p.3291 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

pburke wrote:
don't buy this lens

16mm f/3.5 AI

that seller is not to be trusted. He actually called me when I returned it to insist it had been serviced by Nikon, but it wasn't him who listed it so he blamed some unknown kid working for his shop. However, now he discloses what I consider a crack in a lens as a "hairline scratch" - and I wonder who that unkown amateur owner is who allegedly disassembled the lens? He claims in one place what made me buy it in the first place "Clean glass, no loose oil, fungus, or scratches.Just CLAed by
...Show more

Argh!!

I will keep a lookout for one - there is one available locally that has been AI'd, but it has either element separation or slight fungus in the rear element (looks like fungus to me as there are concentric rings of various diameters) - really really hard to see unless you know what you are looking for. $399 . . . .
If it can be had for $300 it may be worth a CLA at APS . . .

Dec 07, 2013 at 07:42 PM
leighton w
• • • • • •
p.3291 #19 · p.3291 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

pburke wrote:
don't buy this lens

16mm f/3.5 AI

...Show more

Glad you got your money back Peter. I just sent the seller an email asking to see a close-up of the "hair line scratch".

Dec 07, 2013 at 07:44 PM
rankamateur
• • •
p.3291 #20 · p.3291 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

MDoc9523 wrote:

A photo from the highest point in the Florida peninsula. A whopping 312 Ft.
20mm 3.5 AIS

http://raysteele.zenfolio.com/img/s10/v112/p357723917-5.jpg

Wow Ray were you dizzy from the height? Nice Picture with the 20.

Dec 07, 2013 at 07:44 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password