1       2       3              3289      
       3291              5892       5893       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

MDoc9523
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3290 #1 · p.3290 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl wrote:
At the very least you could swap lenses with each other so you both could do some serious testing. That is surely is one of the pleasures of having spent so much time together on this thread. When you get to know folks it becomes much easier to trust them. That is one of the reasons I have so enjoyed the transactions I've done with folks from this thread. Have fun guys, however you work it out…

That's exactly what I proposed Curtis. It as a nice gesture on your part to let me borrow your lenses for the day and it helped me decide if I really wanted them or not.

Dec 06, 2013 at 09:02 PM
leighton w
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3290 #2 · p.3290 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl wrote:
Thanks Don. I'm recharging my batteries so I'm ready when Spring arrives. I just picked up an espionage novel at the library for a bit of rather mindless pleasure A little reading, a little writing seems in order as winter arrives in northern California… another night below freezing... I'd rather be in Italy, but nothing to do about that…

I know a quick way to get those batteries charged!

Dec 06, 2013 at 09:08 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.3290 #3 · p.3290 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I can just imagine the jumper cables you'd be using Leighton… I think I'll do a "trickle charge."

Dec 06, 2013 at 09:45 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.3290 #4 · p.3290 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

MDoc9523 wrote:
That's exactly what I proposed Curtis. It as a nice gesture on your part to let me borrow your lenses for the day and it helped me decide if I really wanted them or not.

My pleasure Ray. Sue and I are talking about doing Thanksgiving in Florida next year so if you're interested, we can put together the kit I bring so you can try out some other lenses. I take it as my responsibility to give as many people as possible as many opportunities as possible to BUY MORE MF LENSES…

Dec 06, 2013 at 09:47 PM
MDoc9523
• • • • •
p.3290 #5 · p.3290 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl wrote:
My pleasure Ray. Sue and I are talking about doing Thanksgiving in Florida next year so if you're interested, we can put together the kit I bring so you can try out some other lenses. I take it as my responsibility to give as many people as possible as many opportunities as possible to BUY MORE MF LENSES…

That would be awesome Curtis. It sure would be great to see you again. I appreciate the offer, now I'll just have to wait and see which lenses I will have purchased between now and then

"Kit Building is Forever"

Dec 06, 2013 at 09:50 PM
leighton w
• • • • • •
p.3290 #6 · p.3290 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl wrote:
I can just imagine the jumper cables you'd be using Leighton… I think I'll do a "trickle charge."

You're on the right track, my idea of recharging was of the sipping variety.

And you can't come to the East coast AGAIN without coming to Virginia!

Dec 06, 2013 at 09:51 PM
rankamateur
• • •
p.3290 #7 · p.3290 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

A lens we never see pics with: 28 3.5 AI. Wife makes all this stuff new every year(but never throws away the old either) She thinks it needs more stuff on it

Dec 06, 2013 at 10:41 PM
kwoodard
• • • •
p.3290 #8 · p.3290 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

The 28/3.5 is my favorite of the 28's. Nice shot, that Df is nice.

Dec 07, 2013 at 04:24 AM
Weasel_Loader
• • •
p.3290 #9 · p.3290 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Had a once in a lifetime opportunity today with not only a ride on the Goodyear blimp, but also got about ten minutes at the controls! The flight was organized for the USAF Test Pilot School where I work. One of the students fell out and I was offered the seat. It was an unbelievable opportunity and very thankful.

The blimp was actually pretty simple to fly. The large wheel next to the pilot seat controls elevation and yaw with rudder pedals. Controls are slow to react as we only flew at about 30 knots. Enjoy!

All photos taken with D700 and 20mm f/2.8 AI-s.

© Weasel_Loader 2013

© Weasel_Loader 2013

© Weasel_Loader 2013

© Weasel_Loader 2013

© Weasel_Loader 2013

Dec 07, 2013 at 07:52 AM
Zichar
• • • •
p.3290 #10 · p.3290 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Wow that's really cool, you got the chance to pilot the Goodyear Blimp!
When you mentioned one of the students fell out, I had to read the sentence twice...

Dec 07, 2013 at 08:18 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

rick2906
• • •
p.3290 #11 · p.3290 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Nice weasel. I hope the student was not badly injured from his fall!! cool stuff! Tfs.

Dec 07, 2013 at 08:52 AM
leighton w
• • • • • •
p.3290 #12 · p.3290 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Weasel_Loader wrote:
Had a once in a lifetime opportunity today with not only a ride on the Goodyear blimp, but also got about ten minutes at the controls! The flight was organized for the USAF Test Pilot School where I work. One of the students fell out and I was offered the seat. It was an unbelievable opportunity and very thankful.

The blimp was actually pretty simple to fly. The large wheel next to the pilot seat controls elevation and yaw with rudder pedals. Controls are slow to react as we only flew at about 30 knots. Enjoy!

All photos taken with D700 and
...Show more

Dan, that is SO cool! Looks like you're driving a bus.

Dec 07, 2013 at 10:33 AM
Stokesey
• • •
p.3290 #13 · p.3290 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

That is awesome Weasel !!!

And the pix are pretty damn good too .... certainly did the 20mm justice.

The right lens to take for the environment.

Well done

Steve

Dec 07, 2013 at 10:38 AM
Stokesey
• • •
p.3290 #14 · p.3290 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Jay I love the roses, really made them stand out on the colour separation.

Chin that pooch looks brilliant with those coloured ears, congrats on the lens.

Ray that 55mm that you borrowed from Jay was not wasted on you .... what an awesome flower shot ... that's what the 55 1.2 does ... gorgeous.

Raymond I like the handling of your pathway in monochrome, really nicely put together !!

Steve

Dec 07, 2013 at 10:57 AM
Stokesey
• • •
p.3290 #15 · p.3290 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thanks guys for the great comments on the night shot ....

It was just that I was there .... and thought about those crescent moon shots I'd seen and realised I only had the 28mm on the camera ...What is a guy supposed to do .... oh yeah ... make a picture ... so I did ....

Just taken delivery of an 80-200mm f4.5Ai'd .... I suppose I had better go get some pictures with it now ...

Who said

'Kit building is forever' ??

Well it is ....

Steve

Dec 07, 2013 at 11:00 AM
leighton w
• • • • • •
p.3290 #16 · p.3290 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Stokesey wrote:
Thanks guys for the great comments on the night shot ....

It was just that I was there .... and thought about those crescent moon shots I'd seen and realised I only had the 28mm on the camera ...What is a guy supposed to do .... oh yeah ... make a picture ... so I did ....

Just taken delivery of an 80-200mm f4.5Ai'd .... I suppose I had better go get some pictures with it now ...

Who said

'Kit building is forever' ??

Well it is ....

Steve

Congrats Steve. It's one sharp lens, I just don't use it very much. Curtis loves it with tubes.

Dec 07, 2013 at 11:05 AM
HCE HCE
• • •
p.3290 #17 · p.3290 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

"Thank you Peter. Yes it is indeed Jay checking his settings"

Indeed, I had to check the red channel constantly to not go nuclear... You can see those red leaves that were so problematic in the photo.

Eric Lovely depth in those tree ornament shots.
Sar Thanks for showing what the 105mm f/4 can do at a distance.
Ray I know I'm sounding like a stuck record but I really love the greens in your photos. Thanks for the location suggestion! I enjoyed trying the 20mm and it seems like a great practical addition to anyone's kit.
Chin Like the mood of the wine cellar.
Don Interesting available darkness photos, like the Visions of Sugar Plums for its mystery.
Ronny Impeccable flowers, the separation and colors really work.
Andy I'm pretty sure according to forum rules you are supposed to fill the Non-CPU list and not erase entries.
Steve Nice colorful night shot. Hope the storm left you without incident.
Nancy and John Sorry to hear about your cats. I haven't adopted any since mine passed but I love to see cat photos.
Ian That's an amazing portrait with the f/1.2. I must give this a try thanks to your example.
Ron Nice shot of the front door.
Weasel Thanks for taking us along for the ride, great shots.
-Jay-

Dec 07, 2013 at 01:39 PM
saph
• • • •
p.3290 #18 · p.3290 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Tremendous opportunity and great images of what does it look like from inside a blimp.

You didn't mean literally one of the students fell out, right

Weasel_Loader wrote:

All photos taken with D700 and
...Show more

Dec 07, 2013 at 02:34 PM
rankamateur
• • •
p.3290 #19 · p.3290 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

First Non AI on the DF. Flip the little lever up and mount as normal. I admit it is the only real reason I had any interest in the DF in the first place.

NIKON D7000    0.0 mm f/0.0 lens    16mm    f/8.0    1/250s    800 ISO    0.0 EV  

Dec 07, 2013 at 02:41 PM
saph
• • • •
p.3290 #20 · p.3290 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Trying to find insipiration now that the flowers, leaves and colors are all gone. Saw this hawk on a light pole while driving, and rushed back with the 500mm F4 P mounted. These are two pics from slightly different angles. Drove slightly closer for one of the shots, and the images were taken pointing at a very steep angle, lens stabilized on the partly closed car window.

The images are cropped ~10 inches out of the 30 that the D800 sensor takes. One of the images was at f/8, which was overkill. f/5.6 is plenty sharp.

Hawk1 by maryland_photos, on Flickr

Hawk2 by maryland_photos, on Flickr

Dec 07, 2013 at 02:44 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password