Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3282      
       3284              4072       4073       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

HugoD

Upload & Sell: Off
p.3283 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

MDoc9523,Ronny, leighton and georgms Thanks

Glad to be back I'll try to post more often, there is a lot of wonderful pictures here, very inspiring !

Sep 21, 2013 at 11:43 PM
deang001
• • •
p.3283 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

georgms wrote:
Two quick grab-shots from today, the architecture of my hometown as subject while walking to my parking car ;-)

institut of anatomy, D700 and 24/2 Ai - a "centered view" would be more pleasing, maybe I re-shoot this one with the 28/3.5PC

D700, 24/2 Ai - a place dedicated to a church that was damaged 1943 and finally teared down 1957-60
I've tried to create something like a "concrete-light-look" with rich exposure and Nik SilverEfex ;-)

I just love all your stuff, Georg ... such a treat having you post here. Inspiring images.

Sep 22, 2013 at 01:02 AM
stedge
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3283 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

the 105/1.8 is a fabulous lens, and even better when it comes with a story! Enjoy it!

Sep 22, 2013 at 01:05 AM
pburke
• • •
p.3283 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

the 16mmf/3.5 I bought is pretty awful - can't shoot into the sun or even in the general direction of bright light - the front element coating is probably 30% gone, all scratched up and scuffed, which I suspect is the source for this ghosting (50% image crop)

Chroma - well, even with the slider at max - she's all purple in the corners here

Clearly a lens in less than "works perfectly" condition as advertised in the auction. I'll have to contact the seller, as I feel the key problems were not disclosed on the description. He mentioned something about a dent near the rear element, which is tiny and unimportant, and about haze that may need cleaning. I see no haze in the glass, only scratches on the front element, a crack or hair on the inside of the rear element as well. There is also significant separation around the edges of the rear element. The lens is pretty much optical junk.

Sep 22, 2013 at 01:32 AM
jhinkey
• • • • •
p.3283 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Peter -

Do you have a picture of the lens showing it's shape?

- John

Sep 22, 2013 at 01:38 AM
jhinkey
• • • • •
p.3283 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

HugoD wrote:

D800 Pano with the 105mm f/2.5 - f/11 Iso 100

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7289/9635746289_c4b86d4fa8_b.jpg

Excellent HugoD!

Sep 22, 2013 at 01:39 AM
pburke
• • •
p.3283 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

jhinkey wrote:
Peter -

Do you have a picture of the lens showing it's shape?

- John

I haven't bothered to take any yet - the auction with images is still up

Nothing really shows front element condition. One shot has some hint of what's going on at the edge, but the part that is really bad is never visible.

and it has no lens cap, which explains the condition of the glass

Sep 22, 2013 at 01:45 AM
jhinkey
• • • • •
p.3283 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

pburke wrote:
the 16mmf/3.5 I bought is pretty awful - can't shoot into the sun or even in the general direction of bright light - the front element coating is probably 30% gone, all scratched up and scuffed, which I suspect is the source for this ghosting (50% image crop)

Chroma - well, even with the slider at max - she's all purple in the corners here

Clearly a lens in less than "works perfectly" condition as advertised in the auction. I'll have to contact the seller, as I feel the key problems were not disclosed on the description. He mentioned something about
...Show more
I just looked it up on e-bay (181217506710) - you can tell that the lens has been butchered by someone as all the screws have been chewed out by using the incorrect tool. The front element has been taken out (or someone tried to at least).

That lens is only worth about $100 for parts (maybe). Since it appears to be a from-the-factory AI model I might be interested in getting it for the parts so that I can practice putting a chip on it.

I'd buy it for $50 from the original seller . . .

- John

Sep 22, 2013 at 01:51 AM
James Markus
• • • •
p.3283 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Peter, I thought that house was on fire. Like rain drops got on the front element while you were shooting that one. That lens is in really rough shape. Hopefully, ebay's buyer protection plan will supersede the no returns aspect of the auction due to inaccurate condition description. Hope it all works out.

pburke wrote:

http://didnt.doit.wisc.edu/photo/forum_pix/fredmiranda/16mm/DSC_5447_web.jpg

Clearly a lens in less than "works perfectly" condition as advertised in the auction. I'll have to contact the seller, as I feel the key problems were not disclosed on the description. He mentioned something about a dent near the rear element, which is tiny and unimportant, and about haze that may need
...Show more

Sep 22, 2013 at 03:42 AM
kwoodard
• • • •
p.3283 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Figured I would ask here before posting on the buy and sell. Anyone looking for a set of the Vivitar Extension tubes for Nikon? I have a set I have use 3 times, it is otherwise new. Leather case and box and both caps. Shoot me a message. Would like to keep these in the family. Only selling because they get used so little.

Actually, after this project I am working on, I will be downsizing my kit and switching to lighter and more versatile gear. My back is getting worse and my most recent trip, I took less than 10 pictures, couldn't carry my gear without a mountain of pain. So my question to you all, what is good in the smaller gear? I like the look of the Fuji X line. Any recommendations?

Sep 22, 2013 at 03:46 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Foggy14
• • •
p.3283 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thanks guys for the additional comments on the surfboard long exposure.

Chin, I really like the look of "analog meets digital."

Ray, great barn!

Ronny, wonderful 3d look to your recent flower shots.

Leighton, love the simplicity and colors of your abstract.

Steve, very nice subject contrasts in "old and new."

Anthony, great look on your mural shots.

Dean, very fine perspectives in your coast set.

Samy, I really like "Three Kings."

Hugo, very cool b&w pano.

Georg, I admire your framing of the Institute shot. The second photo reminds me of the Salk Institute here in San Diego. A very nice look.

Peter, sorry to hear of your troubles with the 16/3.5. Hopefully eBay or PayPal will make this right.

Sep 22, 2013 at 07:15 AM
Zichar
• • • •
p.3283 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thanks everyone!

>>

Friend's tip to me just before heading to Tokyo many years ago to help me get over my inhibitions
Wait at the busy intersections for the light to turn green

shinjuku dua by Zichar, on Flickr

Sep 22, 2013 at 09:39 AM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.3283 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thank you Georg and Jeff.

Peter, good luck in returning your lens.

Harry, good to see you again and nice that the story had a happy ending. Happy birthday!

Sep 22, 2013 at 10:29 AM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.3283 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

georgms wrote:
Two quick grab-shots from today, the architecture of my hometown as subject while walking to my parking car ;-)

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2844/9863160473_fd2c8a0149_o.jpg
D700, 24/2 Ai - a place dedicated to a church that was damaged 1943 and finally teared down 1957-60
I've tried to create something like a "concrete-light-look" with rich exposure and Nik SilverEfex ;-)

There's something about this one I really like, I just can't put my finger on it. I'd LOVE to walk around in your town and shoot, wonderful architecture and an image anywhere you turn your camera.

Sep 22, 2013 at 10:31 AM
rankamateur
• • •
p.3283 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

pburke wrote:
I haven't bothered to take any yet - the auction with images is still up

Nothing really shows front element condition. One shot has some hint of what's going on at the edge, but the part that is really bad is never visible.

and it has no lens cap, which explains the condition of the glass

Peter just open a case with Ebay. He talks about no return but the listing is for a working lens. It seems from his description he really has no clue about a lens or what makes it work, especially this particular lens and what happens if the front element is scratched up. You should not have a problem with Ebay. Just takes forever.

Sep 22, 2013 at 11:27 AM
saph
• • • •
p.3283 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

+1 Same sentiment here, both those images were very nice to see from Georg's neighborhood.

leighton w wrote:
There's something about this one I really like, I just can't put my finger on it. I'd LOVE to walk around in your town and shoot, wonderful architecture and an image anywhere you turn your camera.

Sep 22, 2013 at 12:15 PM
saph
• • • •
p.3283 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Hugo, welcome to this thread, and beautiful foggy pano!

Chin, thanks for the tip on street photography

Peter (Madison), sorry to hear about your ebay experience. Hope you can get that resolved.

Anthony, missed mentioning that set you had, it was very nice. The murals were eye-catching.

Sep 22, 2013 at 12:19 PM
saph
• • • •
p.3283 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Morning glory, 55 1.2S + PK-11A extension tube (8mm).

Sep 22, 2013 at 12:34 PM
Stokesey
• • •
p.3283 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Hey Goerg .... Love the memorial grab shot ... wonderful architecture!!

As for the Gates of Hell shot ... I hear what you say ...

Was down there again last night and shot it from a different perspective.

Problem is the light shining through is catching in the frame from the left ... so

I shot it slightly differently.

See what you think.

Steve

Stokesey 2013

Gates of Hell 2

Sep 22, 2013 at 12:53 PM
Stokesey
• • •
p.3283 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Ronny you just have to stop being so good with your flower shots.

Some of us are trying to emulate ... and I for one am nowhere near ...

Well done you for showing us the way!!

Steve

Sep 22, 2013 at 12:55 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password