FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3272      
       3274              5887       5888       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3273 #1 · p.3273 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I seem to have arrived at the perfect time with Don Jean posting another of his classic late night shots and Peter reprising the graphic that says it all… and here with a twist. Just remember Peter, you're the one who decided you needed the 600 f/4… I have to admit that I occasionally find myself pondering those longer lenses with their larger price tags but going long has never been my forte and it has been yours.

I stopped by for two reasons… I pulled out my camera today and took a few photos, which hasn't happened much of late. The second reason is that tomorrow is Thanksgiving Day in the United States and I wanted to wish my cyber friends on this side of the pond a joyful day. I just learned there will be nineteen people at the celebration Sue and I are joining that includes two infants, and the grandmother of one of those infants who has come from Finland to be with her son and daughter-in-law during the final days of their long sojourn in San Francisco. They return to Finland with their new son.

So we'll have a bit of the old world as well as the new while we eat well, have a few glasses of wine and enjoy one another's company. I do plan to bring my camera… with a 20 f/3.5 U.D. AI'd, 24 f/2.8 N.C. AI'd, 35 f/1.4 AI-s, 55 f/1.2 S,C, AI'd and an 85 f/1.4 AI-s. Thank heavens for a camera that can handle low light.

From today… the last of the flowers, I imagine.

All shot with the 105 f/1.8 AI-s at f/2, carefully stopped between two marked apertures.

And Georg, since I seem to have taken a sabbatical from buying lenses, you should catch me soon. I'm sitting at 37 and since I'm not inclined to spend big bucks, there isn't much left for me to buy… Happy shopping!

Nov 28, 2013 at 02:07 AM
MDoc9523
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3273 #2 · p.3273 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

georgms wrote:
Peter, I'm sorry to hear about your repeating bad luck with the 16/3.5! The only consolation I can give is that a good 16/3.5 is worth going through some hassles.

+1
It is a great lens.

Nov 28, 2013 at 02:10 AM
rick2906
• • •
p.3273 #3 · p.3273 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Nice shot curtis, my favorite is the last one!! thanks for helping me out when I was looking at the pn-11! I bought one and like it a lot!! all metal no plastic!!

Nov 28, 2013 at 02:11 AM
rick2906
• • •
p.3273 #4 · p.3273 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I like it Ray. I like motorcycle so you already had me but what makes it work here is the distortion!! It works good and give a unique look!

Nov 28, 2013 at 02:13 AM
MDoc9523
• • • • •
p.3273 #5 · p.3273 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

rick2906 wrote:
I like it Ray. I like motorcycle so you already had me but what makes it work here is the distortion!! It works good and give a unique look!

Thanks Rick. The 16mm 3.5 can be used in so many ways and it is SO much fun

Nov 28, 2013 at 02:19 AM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.3273 #6 · p.3273 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Sorry about your saga with the 16 f/3.5 Peter. As Ray has demonstrated over and over again, it is a great lens. I saw the photo of the one you recently bought and it looked pretty sweet, but obviously we're never sure what we're getting unless we know and trust the seller. Fortunately, I bought my lens from John who still owns two of them. I bought the lens with the most problems, but in reality it has been a great performer. That one of the screws is stripped on the bottom plate doesn't seem to matter much.

Good luck sorting it out.

Nov 28, 2013 at 02:26 AM
rick2906
• • •
p.3273 #7 · p.3273 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Haha, I see you are trying to help me keep my lense to a minimum!! I just got the rokinon 14 2.8 for covering wide angle needs

Nov 28, 2013 at 02:27 AM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.3273 #8 · p.3273 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

rick2906 wrote:
Nice shot curtis, my favorite is the last one!! thanks for helping me out when I was looking at the pn-11! I bought one and like it a lot!! all metal no plastic!!

Thanks Rick. Please forgive me for not recalling out conversation but that seems to be the downside of getting older… a memory like a sieve. But yes, the PN-11 is a work of art. Anyone who shoots with these beautiful lenses owes it to him or herself to have a few of those fine extension tubes from the same era. The PN-11 is the largest and most expensive but especially with a long lens it can be invaluable for getting close. You may inspire me to pull out a few tubes and go shooting with the 400 f/5.6. With color slowly draining out of the landscape, it is perhaps time to begin getting much closer and looking at some details.

Happy shooting.

Nov 28, 2013 at 02:31 AM
georgms
• • • •
p.3273 #9 · p.3273 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Curtis, what a nice set to "warm up a shivering Teuton"! Beautiful work with one of my favorite MF-Nikkors, I like #2 the best (or most?).
I'm not all too ambitious to break any records, but would love to try (and have use for) a clean PC 35/2.8 or a 25-50/4.

Ray, thanks for your comment on my recent set! Nice Harley-shot, lotsa fine details for the 16/3.5 to demonstrate it's sharpness.

Happy thanksgiving to my American cyber-friends!

Nov 28, 2013 at 02:31 AM
James Markus
• • • •
p.3273 #10 · p.3273 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I hope you all have a good Thanksgiving holiday; and to those of you who do not celebrate Thanksgiving - then I wish you a wonderful day! I haven't been able to keep up with much on line lately. The last few pages have had some great MF images. Yesterday, I treated myself to a small amount of Stilton, and Cabernet...crackers, and some apple for lunch. Bon Appetit!

28mm f2.8 ais

A newish acquisition 135mm f2.0 ai -(not happy with the shot, but it isn't the lens' fault)

Nov 28, 2013 at 03:21 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.3273 #11 · p.3273 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I'll be bringing an assortment of cheeses tomorrow when we join friends for Thanksgiving, and one of them is a blue, a Cambozola.

Congratulations James on the 135 f/2. I'm sure you'll get the hang of it. It has its critics but I've always enjoyed using the lens. Have a lovely holiday.

Nov 28, 2013 at 03:37 AM
mp356
• • • • •
p.3273 #12 · p.3273 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Don, great to see you post here again. Great composition. Definitely your distinctive style. Love it!

Curtis, glad you are keeping tabs on us all. Very nice roses.

James, nice cheese tray. Well staged and lit.

Nov 28, 2013 at 03:47 AM
a.RodriguezPix
• • • •
Account locked
p.3273 #13 · p.3273 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl wrote:
I'll be bringing an assortment of cheeses tomorrow when we join friends for Thanksgiving, and one of them is a blue, a Cambozola.

Congratulations James on the 135 f/2. I'm sure you'll get the hang of it. It has its critics but I've always enjoyed using the lens. Have a lovely holiday.

Pair with a Pinot Noir, for added excellence! Happy Thanksgiving!

Nov 28, 2013 at 03:51 AM
mp356
• • • • •
p.3273 #14 · p.3273 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

"Winter Couldn't Wait"

As a follow-up to my post from the weekend, winter decided it could wait no longer. A thick blanket of snow greeted us this morning. All taken with the 18 3.5 ais.

Nov 28, 2013 at 03:52 AM
Kingfishphoto
• • • • •
p.3273 #15 · p.3273 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Antique spur from the Arizona Territory - with my birthday prese nt. Nikon AiS 105 F1.8 lens on D-300 body. I believe spur is sitting up-side down , as iam no cowpoke.
Harry Palmer

Antique spur .

Nov 28, 2013 at 05:16 AM
Oosty
• • • •
p.3273 #16 · p.3273 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Curtis - good to see you haven't lost your touch. Look forward to the Thanksgiving pics

Ray - lovely image of the Harley

Scott - "cool" series. Well seen and captured

Harry - nice capture of the spur

James - enjoy the new lens. I think the only thing that detracts from the second image (apart from the fact that I didn't get any!) is the large dark area. Excellent focus and D)F as always.

Nov 28, 2013 at 07:17 AM
Oosty
• • • •
p.3273 #17 · p.3273 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Happy Thanksgiving to all our American friends.

Nov 28, 2013 at 07:18 AM
leighton w
• • • • • •
p.3273 #18 · p.3273 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Happy Thanksgiving to you all.

Curtis - Good to see you again. Wish Sue a happy Thanksgiving from Barbara and I.

Ray - More from the 16...please.

Scott - I love the first shot, very peaceful. No snow here, just some ice but it's gone.

Harry - Great to see you too, very nice image.

Jim - Congrats on the "new" lens. Glad you're back.

Peter (from SA) - Thanks, no reason you can't eat a lot today and pretend you're in the US.

Nov 28, 2013 at 11:44 AM
saph
• • • •
p.3273 #19 · p.3273 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Happy Thanksgiving! Glad to see some folks pop in that haven't recently, including the original lens pusher

Nov 28, 2013 at 02:22 PM
saph
• • • •
p.3273 #20 · p.3273 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Scott, I think this is the same pathway that was snowless in your photos not so long ago. Pretty snowscapes but not looking forward to the long winter

James, very healthy meal!

Harry, great image with the 105 1.8!

Curtis, soon as I saw the first image from the bottom I knew it was you, there seems to be a signature on those flower pics

Nov 28, 2013 at 02:33 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password