Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3229      
       3231              4187       4188       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Stokesey
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3230 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I have noticed Jose's comments and pix Curtis

Not sure about the banana on UK birds - might be a bit exotic for their tastes.

As for being ignored - I have that effect on people and creatures .... almost like I'm invisible

How can that be when I'm not too different from my Avatar pic .... rofl

Steve

Aug 31, 2013 at 09:44 PM
anthonysemone
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3230 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

saph wrote:
I do remember that story of Sainte-Mere-Eglise, not sure from a movie or from some text, although I didn't know the soldier escaped later.

Ronny, very nice images of those buildings in your town! That graffiti is neat.

Played by Red Buttons in the film "D-day the 6th of June" starring John Wayne, unless my memory has failed me, a more frequent occurrence than I like

Aug 31, 2013 at 09:45 PM
saph
• • • •
p.3230 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Tony, at least you remember the movie. I am drawing a complete blank where I heard the story before

anthonysemone wrote:
Played by Red Buttons in the film "D-day the 6th of June" starring John Wayne, unless my memory has failed me, a more frequent occurrence than I like

Aug 31, 2013 at 09:57 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.3230 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Stokesey wrote:
I have noticed Jose's comments and pix Curtis

Not sure about the banana on UK birds - might be a bit exotic for their tastes.

As for being ignored - I have that effect on people and creatures .... almost like I'm invisible

How can that be when I'm not too different from my Avatar pic .... rofl

Steve

You could try some fish and chips...

Being invisible can be a real asset when shooting on the street... fewer dirty looks that way...

And, we're still waiting for the mug shot...

Aug 31, 2013 at 10:02 PM
rafaelcasd
• • •
p.3230 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

my time machine is working well

nikon nikkor 50-300mm D800 Guajome time machine by Rafael CA, on Flickr

Aug 31, 2013 at 10:02 PM
jhinkey
• • • • •
p.3230 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

pburke wrote:
something like this will do

http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/photos/uncategorized/2008/12/02/lens_case14.jpg

more seriously - it's a custom cap, hard to find, so you may have to improvise, or get something that has the right diameter from lenscoat (their "hoody" caps are nice but expensive, don't know if they come as small as what you'd need). I have some neoprene from making my own lenscoat, plus some hard foam and a little patience would make a nice cap that easily removes and won't even be as heavy as the original metal cap.

I had it all figured out but then my bid didn't make it in
...Show more
Yes it's easy to improvise a lid for this - you may want to find a push on cap that is a bit larger and build-up the inside with adhesive-backed felt (find it at any gaffers store) until it's the right diameter.

Or you can find a really banged up 16/3.5 and just buy it for the push-on cap and spare parts.

Otherwise you'll need to be on the lookout for another one of these rare Nikon items . . .

Edited on Aug 31, 2013 at 10:34 PM · View previous versions

Aug 31, 2013 at 10:33 PM
Stokesey
• • •
p.3230 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Fish and chips might work Curtis.

Certainly worked for me over the years ....

You are such a hard man asking for a mug shot ....

But as you may know being to glass side of the camera is a very rare occasion.

So those rare moments are usually captured by others.

As in this case taken on the 180mm

So don't blame me for your uneasy feelings, just reach for the barf bag as soon as you can !!!

Steve

Stokesey 2013

The Big Boy !!

Aug 31, 2013 at 10:34 PM
rafaelcasd
• • •
p.3230 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

definitely, the time machine is working well

nikon nikkor 50-300mm D800 Out of the Old come the New by Rafael CA, on Flickr

nikon nikkor 55mm 1.2 sc D3, would you go to the dance tonight by Rafael CA, on Flickr

nikon nikkor 55mm 1.2 sc D3, would you go to the dance tonight please by Rafael CA, on Flickr

Edited on Aug 31, 2013 at 11:35 PM · View previous versions

Aug 31, 2013 at 10:54 PM
jhinkey
• • • • •
p.3230 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

58/1.2 for sale -

http://www.nikonians.org/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=137&topic_id=112607&mesg_id=112607&page=

Aug 31, 2013 at 10:58 PM
stedge
• • •
p.3230 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

jhinkey wrote:
Yes it's easy to improvise a lid for this - you may want to find a push on cap that is a bit larger and build-up the inside with adhesive-backed felt (find it at any gaffers store) until it's the right diameter.

Or you can find a really banged up 16/3.5 and just buy it for the push-on cap and spare parts.

Otherwise you'll need to be on the lookout for another one of these rare Nikon items . . .

sorry if late for the party, but I just paid about 10 bucks for a 64mm lens cap. It is plastic, but it seems to work fine for my 16/3.5. Available at dif vendors.

e.g. :http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=125295&Q=&is=REG&A=details

Aug 31, 2013 at 11:02 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

jhinkey
• • • • •
p.3230 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

saph wrote:
I do remember that story of Sainte-Mere-Eglise, not sure from a movie or from some text, although I didn't know the soldier escaped later.

Ronny, very nice images of those buildings in your town! That graffiti is neat.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Steele_%28paratrooper%29

Aug 31, 2013 at 11:16 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.3230 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Stokesey wrote:
Fish and chips might work Curtis.

Certainly worked for me over the years ....

You are such a hard man asking for a mug shot ....

But as you may know being to glass side of the camera is a very rare occasion.

So those rare moments are usually captured by others.

As in this case taken on the 180mm

So don't blame me for your uneasy feelings, just reach for the barf bag as soon as you can !!!

Steve

So a hipster you're not... unless we're talking about hip replacement...

Looks like you fit right in this crowd Steve, a little older than some a little younger than others. Yes, we have a few young squirts who visit these pages like Alan but most have a bit of patina earned by brushing up against life... not a bad thing at all. Thanks for the photo and yes, we are the ones seldom in front of the lens since we're so busy behind it...

Aug 31, 2013 at 11:33 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.3230 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

stedge wrote:
sorry if late for the party, but I just paid about 10 bucks for a 64mm lens cap. It is plastic, but it seems to work fine for my 16/3.5. Available at dif vendors.

e.g. :http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=125295&Q=&is=REG&A=details

That is good to know Eric. I saw the listing but didn't know whether the cap is deep enough to cover the whole front element. What a great solution. I'd likely go for the original if the lens were pristine but this might be a perfect solution for Peter ZZ. Thanks for chiming in.

Aug 31, 2013 at 11:37 PM
John Hanon
• • •
p.3230 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Ants Wrestling

Nikon 1 V1, Fotodiox adapter and Micro Nikkor-P 55 f/3.5 @f/8

Aug 31, 2013 at 11:46 PM
jhinkey
• • • • •
p.3230 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl wrote:
That is good to know Eric. I saw the listing but didn't know whether the cap is deep enough to cover the whole front element. What a great solution. I'd likely go for the original if the lens were pristine but this might be a perfect solution for Peter ZZ. Thanks for chiming in.

Someone bought the 16/3.5 lens cap already . . . .

Aug 31, 2013 at 11:48 PM
LarryM
• •
p.3230 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I joined the 28mm f/2.8 ais club this week. A friend and I ventured out this morning, before the heat of the day (104F), to test lenses.

The 28 was the only MF lens I used so I can't show everything here, but it was a successful morning.

I've been using MF lenses so often lately that when I switched to an AF lens I fumbled with the control wheels to change the aperture.

Urban abstract

NIKON D700    0.0 mm f/0.0 lens    28mm    f/11.0    1/250s    400 ISO    0.0 EV  

A twofer selfie

NIKON D700    0.0 mm f/0.0 lens    28mm    f/8.0    1/160s    400 ISO    0.0 EV  

Aug 31, 2013 at 11:49 PM
saph
• • • •
p.3230 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

John, not sure if you have posted here before, if not, welcome to the thread, and a superb image of the two squabbling fire ants.

Here's a coin that I just took with the 55 3.5 K, with a PK-13 tube at f/5.6. Could have taken with f/8 since part of the plane of the coin is not in sharp focus. Setup is nothing as crazy as the ones we have seen from Kevin or Ron recently, probably gets close to 1:1. Used two studio lights and a table top Giottos tripod that is just not stable enough for the D800 + any lens. The tripod with the camera mounted is determined to tilt over, so end up having to hold one of the tripod lengs with one hand.

Aug 31, 2013 at 11:55 PM
stedge
• • •
p.3230 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

It is not as deep as that Nikon cap but I think better than nothing.

Aug 31, 2013 at 11:56 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.3230 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

jhinkey wrote:
Someone bought the 16/3.5 lens cap already . . . .

I hope it was Peter... if he wanted it, of course... The way the listing ended it was not possible to see who the buyer was. Fortunately, Eric has pointed folks in another direction that might prove useful.

Aug 31, 2013 at 11:58 PM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
p.3230 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

The lens cap is a special one, pushes on, and the size is a 64mm. Along the bottom, next to where it says Made In Japan, it has 64k. I tried the lens cap from my 10.5 DX fisheye, which also fits on the 16mm f/2.8D fisheye, but it is just a tad too small. If you do try one of the self made ones, use a lens cleaning cloth to go between the lens and the cap.

ZippZopp17 wrote:
i won that auction last night. i had tried for the same lens on ebay earlier in the week, but lost out on it. i'm surprised it didn't go higher. i just need to get a lens cap for it. what lens cap does it use?

Sep 01, 2013 at 12:52 AM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password