Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3226      
       3228              4142       4143       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

mp356
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3227 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w wrote:
When I went out to do chores this morning it was a bit foggy. So inspired by Scott's fog images I decided to take my camera with the 50/1.2 attached.

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3786/9626397879_d44929cdb3_b.jpg
50/1.2 AIS by Leighton W, on Flickr

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7328/9629629990_134d30642d_b.jpg
50/1.2 AIS by Leighton W, on Flickr

I am glad I inspired you Leighton. These are wonderful. You captured the early morning light very well. Moody and well composed. First rate my friend.

Aug 31, 2013 at 12:10 PM
mp356
• • • •
p.3227 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

philipj wrote:
And, on another note, I successfully defended my PhD two days ago! Maybe now I'll finally have some time to get the camera out to play again.

Congratulations Philip!

Aug 31, 2013 at 12:12 PM
mp356
• • • •
p.3227 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

adh67 wrote:
I dragged the camera bag to work today. Shot a 8 shot vertical panorama with the 200mm F4 Ai. I liked the early morning light on these.

Then sailboat was taken after work also with the 200mm F4 Ai. THat lens has became my favorite these days.

Bert

I like the first two in this series Bert. Well done.

Aug 31, 2013 at 12:19 PM
rattymouse
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3227 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

pburke wrote:
thanks Georg. Thing is, I have never printed any of my digital images. Ever.

I've always had a web server to host images on, even back in the mid 90s when still shooting film, but it all went straight to the scanner even then. I made a few chemical prints back then, because people asked me to. Few ever paid me (we are talking $200 cibachromes I essentially gave away to poor race team owners, drivers and PR people), so I stopped doing that.

One day I will find the right digital image to make a nice big aluminum print. Until
...Show more

Wow.....just wow.........

Aug 31, 2013 at 12:36 PM
mp356
• • • •
p.3227 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thank you everyone for the comments on the fog images.

Another two from that morning. Both taken with the 28 2.8 ais. Thanks for looking.
Scott

Three of a Kind

Pearls of Dew

Aug 31, 2013 at 12:41 PM
rattymouse
• • • •
p.3227 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Awesome web image. Beautiful nature scene!

Aug 31, 2013 at 01:04 PM
Ronny _Olsson
• • • •
p.3227 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Great set Scott

Nikkor 28 f2.8 ai-s by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

Aug 31, 2013 at 02:04 PM
pburke
• • •
p.3227 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Photographed by almost every tourist who visits Bodie, I figured I try my luck on this old Dodge as well: 20mm f/3.5 in boring noon light. At least the clouds cooperated a little bit to add some drama

1/125 sec, f/8, ISO 100, polarizer (which is responsible for the black corners)

found two more indoor shots taken with the 20mm

1/8 sec, f/8, ISO 100

1/10 sec, f/8, ISO 100

Aug 31, 2013 at 02:14 PM
rankamateur
• • •
p.3227 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Yet another 16 slips away
http://www.ebay.com/itm/400561986267?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Aug 31, 2013 at 02:31 PM
rattymouse
• • • •
p.3227 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Agreed. Fantastic commercial for the 28 f/2.8 lens.

Ronny _Olsson wrote:
Great set Scott

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7284/9637701772_33157b1039_b.jpg
Nikkor 28 f2.8 ai-s by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

Aug 31, 2013 at 02:36 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

pburke
• • •
p.3227 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

rankamateur wrote:
Yet another 16 slips away
http://www.ebay.com/itm/400561986267?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

you can say that again - I was ready to click my $301 bid and the darn ebay confim bid seconds stopped running at 14 seconds, so I guessed the last few seconds and I must have missed it by a hair - auction was over when I submitted.

I was going to bid even more until I realized the lens had no lens cap.

Aug 31, 2013 at 02:40 PM
designdog
• •
p.3227 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Ronny, yet another wonderful flower composition. Now you are going to tell me this was hand held, no tubes, just saw the butterfly, pointed the camera, focussed, and took the shot.

You, my friend, are one of the main reasons I post few photos here!

Every one of them is printable!!!

Aug 31, 2013 at 02:46 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.3227 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

pburke wrote:
you can say that again - I was ready to click my $301 bid and the darn ebay confim bid seconds stopped running at 14 seconds, so I guessed the last few seconds and I must have missed it by a hair - auction was over when I submitted.

I was going to bid even more until I realized the lens had no lens cap.

PLEASE folks! Set up your bids with a snipe service and go about your business. You'll win some and lose some but it will never be because your trigger finger froze or your computer hiccuped. The service costs 1% of the purchase price but it insures you'll never miss a bid and when you win it will be with the lowest possible price. I use this service...

http://www.esnipe.com

Your job becomes researching price to determine what is a fair maximum bid. You enter that and the rest is done by the website. So simple... How do you think I accumulated all those lenses? Successful sniping...

Aug 31, 2013 at 03:11 PM
Stokesey
• • •
p.3227 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Just a couple from me.

The syrphid hover fly's taken with 180mm f2.8 Ai with PK-13 ISO400 1/320th @ f8

The droplets of water on the leaf had the same set up - perhaps I should have photo-stacked them for more DOF

C+C welcome as always.

Steve

Stokesey 2013

Hover or bovver?

Stokesey 2013

Dinner time for a syrphid

Stokesey 2013

Dew drops gathering

Aug 31, 2013 at 03:13 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.3227 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

designdog wrote:
Ronny, yet another wonderful flower composition. Now you are going to tell me this was hand held, no tubes, just saw the butterfly, pointed the camera, focussed, and took the shot.

You, my friend, are one of the main reasons I post few photos here!

Every one of them is printable!!!

Use them as inspiration Dave. We can all do better with our photography and with so many really fine photographers calling this thread home, we have a great deal of inspiration. Ronny certainly knocks it out of the part with each of the MF lenses he uses but more than anything, he is demonstrating how fine the lenses are. That he has beautiful daughters and an amazing assortment of flowers to shoot is a bonus, but the lenses, a steady hand, an eye for composition that pleases you and reasonable skill in post processing is key. We may have to expand horizons to give ourselves better opportunities and we may have to work a bit with computer skills, but it is possible to improve one's skills. It has been evident over and over again with folks on this thread. So don't be timid.

Aug 31, 2013 at 03:16 PM
Stokesey
• • •
p.3227 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl wrote:
PLEASE folks! Set up your bids with a snipe service and go about your business. You'll win some and lose some but it will never be because your trigger finger froze or your computer hiccuped. The service costs 1% of the purchase price but it insures you'll never miss a bid and when you win it will be with the lowest possible price. I use this service...

http://www.esnipe.com

Your job becomes researching price to determine what is a fair maximum bid. You enter that and the rest is done by the website. So simple... How do you think I accumulated all those
...Show more

That must be why I keep missing out on some really nice glass ..... Curtis sniped it first !!!

Well done you Curtis for being enterprising enough to get the glass you want that way ....

Stop telling people what to do .... us poor muppets out here keep missing out ....

We do enjoy your pix though Curtis.

Steve

Aug 31, 2013 at 03:18 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.3227 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Lovely set Steve. I know focus stacking has its fans but I tend to prefer the treatment you chose for that last image, which is quite wonderful.

I wanted to mention that I finally listened to your guitarist on YouTube and he is a very talented fellow. It is hard to imagine he needs to be playing on the street, though he may do that simply for the pleasure it gives him. But what a treat to encounter a performer like that when you have camera in hand. I've enjoyed the work you've done with him. Nicely done.

Aug 31, 2013 at 03:19 PM
Stokesey
• • •
p.3227 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Tack sharp again Ronny.

Keep posting ...

And I'll keep being inspired to follow your example !!!

Thanks for the inspiration. Love the butterfly !!

Steve

Aug 31, 2013 at 03:20 PM
Stokesey
• • •
p.3227 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thanks Curtis

I appreciate your comments, specially from the daddy of the thread.

Steve

Aug 31, 2013 at 03:21 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.3227 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Fortunately, Steve, there isn't much else I'd consider buying so you won't be getting competition from me. I'm also a great believer in getting good value for money, so you wouldn't find me sticking high bids on lenses. The key is doing the research to establish price. Using a snipe service but consistently under bidding won't solve any problems. Knowing what these lenses are selling for is important. Yes, one can go to KEH and pay a premium to buy gear that comes with a warranty and a pretty realistic system for rating quality, but there are deals to be found on E-Bay, craigslist and elsewhere that are worth considering. Where it gets really challenging is when it comes to a lens like the 16 f/3.5 which is pretty rare and can command a premium price. With a lens like that the buyer needs to be very clear how much they want that particular lens because a high maximum bid may be in order... Fortunately, two of the more difficult lenses to find ended up in my kit because I approached folks on this thread who had what I wanted. John sold me his 16 f/3.5 K AI'd when he found a THIRD copy of the lens and concluded he needed only TWO. Chuong sold me his 20 f/3.5 U.D. AI'd when he bought and converted a second copy of the lens. I simply paid the asking price in both situations.

Kit building is forever so patience is in order Steve. You have a very fine kit already, so you're just playing at the edges. The key is relaxing and having a good time...

Aug 31, 2013 at 03:27 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password