Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3213      
       3215              4187       4188       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

rattymouse
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3214 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Zichar wrote:
Amazing story RM. I don't have the time to reply at length now ... but you. must. show. us. the. picture.
Even if in digital form

Wish I could...but it's back in Chicago, not with us at the moment.

Aug 28, 2013 at 02:56 AM
rattymouse
• • • •
p.3214 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

sbarricklow wrote:
Salvia blossoms and Garlic Chives shot with a 50 to 135 mm zoom.

I really like the colors of this shot. Very pleasing.

Aug 28, 2013 at 02:58 AM
Socalpicman
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3214 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

ZippZopp17 wrote:
i'm thinking of bidding on it. i'm debating between that and a used 15mm sigma AF fisheye. what would be considered a high amount to pay for that 16mm nikon lens?

Hope someone got it for 365

JD

Aug 28, 2013 at 03:01 AM
the solitaire
• • •
p.3214 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Great story Tom. I do believe a print leaves an impression a digital copy on screen can not equal. I also believe an analog film to paper enlargement has a certain added flair as well. Its a shame printing and developing is so expensive nowadays and a few rolls of good film cost $50' ish

I do occasionally have some of my files printed but pixels and grain are not quitd alike. I think I have to set up my darkroom again one of these days

Aug 28, 2013 at 05:43 AM
ZippZopp17

p.3214 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

here are some images i shot with a reversed 28mm f/2 ai-s

it was a fun thing to use, but it was quite difficult to get proper framing and focus, especially with bees!

i must have shot several hundred photos of bees with this setup and only got 1 or 2 decent shots, most were blurry or the focus wasn't in the right spot.

Aug 28, 2013 at 05:57 AM
rattymouse
• • • •
p.3214 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

That last one is pretty cool!

Aug 28, 2013 at 06:09 AM
Zichar
• • • •
p.3214 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Well Tom, spurred on by what you wrote previously about having my film camera with me but not shooting anything. I just grabbed a 4-roll pack of Ultramax 400 from the shelves (that was all they had in the local grocery store) and will be bringing two with me on my trip up north to Malaysia. This in addition to the 20 exposures of Delta 3200 left in my FM2. I leave tomorrow morning. I think this is where I say Challenge accepted.

Aug 28, 2013 at 07:17 AM
rattymouse
• • • •
p.3214 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Zichar wrote:
Well Tom, spurred on by what you wrote previously about having my film camera with me but not shooting anything. I just grabbed a 4-roll pack of Ultramax 400 from the shelves (that was all they had in the local grocery store) and will be bringing two with me on my trip up north to Malaysia. This in addition to the 20 exposures of Delta 3200 left in my FM2. I leave tomorrow morning. I think this is where I say Challenge accepted.

Outstanding!! Looking forward to some shots! Have a great trip.

Aug 28, 2013 at 07:36 AM
Ronny _Olsson
• • • •
p.3214 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Socalpicman wrote:
Hope someone got it for 365

JD

Unfortunately I did not get it .. just bought a computer for my daughter and almost just bought the nikon 28 f2.8 ai-s with .. So I set my maximum bid to $ 350 and hoped .. I have to wait until the next opportunity and hope there is more money then

Aug 28, 2013 at 07:57 AM
Stokesey
• • •
p.3214 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I looked at the 28mm f2.8 Ronny - but 4am did me in. Not staying up that late or putting a sniper bid in.

Got a 28mm f3.5 yesterday so will get the f2.8 to marry up with it later.

Good to see we have other crazy MF people bidding on stuff too.

Steve

Aug 28, 2013 at 08:14 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Stokesey
• • •
p.3214 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Nice close ups Peter.

I've not got into reversing lenses yet. I will stick with bellows and tubes for now.

Anyway here's a couple I took the other day.

C&C welcome as always

Steve

Using 180mm f2.8 + TC200 or PK13

Not quite up to Ronny's standard but working on it!!

Stokesey 2013

Barley before the beer - 180mm + PK13

Stokesey 2013

There be dragons!! - 180mm + TC200

Stokesey 2013

Dragen resting and ready for flight !!

Aug 28, 2013 at 08:20 AM
a.RodriguezPix
• • • •
Account locked
p.3214 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I lost their 28 2.8 ais so who snipped me xD

Aug 28, 2013 at 08:23 AM
saph
• • • •
p.3214 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Seconding Chin's request!

Zichar wrote:
Amazing story RM. I don't have the time to reply at length now ... but you. must. show. us. the. picture.
Even if in digital form

Aug 28, 2013 at 09:58 AM
saph
• • • •
p.3214 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Welcome to all the most recent new folks! With such a variety of these lenses going back more than half a century, hope you folks know what you are getting into, especially with all the helpful folks on this thread nudging you along

Peter Z, I don't see your reversed lens images, there's a message saying the images are copyrighted.

Aug 28, 2013 at 10:05 AM
saph
• • • •
p.3214 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Leighton, tremendous story about your taking up farming, very inspiring!

Aug 28, 2013 at 10:07 AM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.3214 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

MDoc9523 wrote:
Welcome David and a lovely photo to introduce yourself. Glad to have you aboard, but I have to warn you that these lenses are highly addictive

leighton w wrote:
Welcome David! Join right in to the conversation as well. I hope you guard your wallet!

davidthejr wrote:
Wow! Two people telling me to keep an eye on my money! Must be serious!
Thanks for the welcome and I'll be sure to keep my wallet close!

Socalpicman wrote:
No one gave me such a warning....

Too late now

JD

Maybe we sensed you had money to burn JD.

Aug 28, 2013 at 10:12 AM
saph
• • • •
p.3214 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I guess we have to wait then to see that egret image RM

What I am amazed at is you and a few other folk using film. The digitial world has us spoiled rotten, I can't imagine taking a picture of an egret and getting the exposure right using film. But someday given enough time, I might just give film a shot.

BTW, I did insist on manual transmissions until a few years ago when I injured that particular knee and needed surgery. Its healed enough now that someday I may go back to the joy of shifting gears.

When I first got my first DSLR about 6-7 or so years ago (D50), it took me just 2-3 weeks before I gave up on the auto everything setting and started trying out "M". With the AF lenses I learned to work manual focus for shots like birds in a middle of foliage or a spider web. So the retrogressive evolution towards these manual lenses was just normal progression

rattymouse wrote:
Wish I could...but it's back in Chicago, not with us at the moment.

Aug 28, 2013 at 10:21 AM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.3214 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

rattymouse wrote:
Good morning All!

A turn of events on the drive in to work this morning (not me driving) caused me to recall an event earlier in life which has put me in the mode to write. Since this is my chosen forum for all things photographic, I hope this is of interest to some and if the muse strikes to reply, I'll be interested in your take on this.

While riding into work today we passed a farm field that had a dozen or so egrets standing around. I was wish that I could stop and take a photo here
...Show more

Great story RM. What an interesting way to meet your future wife.

As far as printing...I somewhat agree with you but I think you can be just as equally satisfied in the digital age. I stopped printing at home because of the cost to get quality prints. I send all that I wish to print now to Mpix. They're cheap and fast. They also do quality work. John's idea about the photo books is another great idea. There's also blogging. My wife has a farm blog with hundreds of images from her and me in the posts. With over 500 posts now it will be around for our kids, and our grandchildren to enjoy for years to come.

Anyway, just my two cents added.

Aug 28, 2013 at 10:23 AM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.3214 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Peter Z. - The last one is very nice.

Steve - Hope you intentionally increased saturation, because that barley looks mighty green!

Thanks Samy.

Aug 28, 2013 at 10:25 AM
sbarricklow
• • • •
p.3214 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Texas Wheat - 105 mm f1.8 AIS and Fuji Velvia

Aug 28, 2013 at 10:54 AM
       3215              4187       4188       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell