Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3211      
       3213              4431       4432       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

pburke
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3212 #1 · p.3212 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Ronny _Olsson wrote:
Great shot everyone

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2815/9606721171_7b76370c7b_b.jpg
Nikkor 135mm f/2 Ai-s Vivitar Nikon AT-3/AI Extension Tube 20mm by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

where do you find these flowers? Amazing. Around here they are all boring, dull, and definitely don't grow fuzzy hair

Aug 27, 2013 at 06:09 PM
tzic

p.3212 #2 · p.3212 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

georgms wrote:
Ronny, excellent flower-shots!

Nick, wow, great work with the 28/2.8! Is it the close-focusing ais-variant or did you use an extension-tube?

Thank you Georgms, its the close focusing variant. Must be around 10cm

Aug 27, 2013 at 06:10 PM
Lieutenant Z
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3212 #3 · p.3212 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Mulberry Harbour in Arromanches, Nomandy

The remains of the artificial port can still be seen :

NIKON D700    180mm    f/5.6    1/1250s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  

Aug 27, 2013 at 06:14 PM
MDoc9523
• • • • •
p.3212 #4 · p.3212 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

A couple more from the Circle B Bar Reserve shot using the D600 and 35mm 1.4 AIS on tripod

Aug 27, 2013 at 07:01 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.3212 #5 · p.3212 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl wrote:
Might that be a 135 f/2 AI-s?

Couldn't resist Leighton...

Aug 27, 2013 at 07:04 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.3212 #6 · p.3212 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w wrote:
Thank you Georg, Philippe, RM, Chin, Ray and Curtis.

Georg, to answer your question, yes. We only have 80 to 90 during part of the year. And this number goes down as we take the lambs to get them processed. We rotate pastures to give the grass time to come back which helps. Sheep are what they call "easy keepers", they can get by on very little forage. We also give them a little grain, but this is to make the meat mellow and to use as a control. They will follow us any where if we have a
...Show more
georgms wrote:
Leighton, thanks for the informations. The fruit-farm in my neighborhood has 17 hectares just for plums and about 180 hectares for apples. Large farms/ranches are typical for eastern Germany, while especially in south-west Germany many smaller farms exist.
I was under the impression that US-American farms and ranches were typical giant operations, planting sweetcorn, wheat and maybe oilseed-rape on very large areas. That's why my question, I'm glad that "smaller" farms still can successfully exist ;-)

There are huge farms, mainly out west. But small farms are gaining partly because of farmers' markets becoming so popular. The average farm size in Virginia is 165 acres.

Aug 27, 2013 at 07:06 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.3212 #7 · p.3212 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

davidthejr wrote:
Hello all!!

A friend gave me a 50mm 1.8 series E lens a couple months ago, and after a couple weeks of stalking this thread, thought I would start posting a few of the shots i got with it!

C&C Welcome

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3767/9606488287_d626009c4e_c.jpg
20130824_0015 by davidthejr, on Flickr

Taken with a Nikon D90 and 50mm F1.8 Series E, at F1.8, 1/320, ISO 400.

Welcome David! Join right in to the conversation as well. I hope you guard your wallet!

Aug 27, 2013 at 07:07 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.3212 #8 · p.3212 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

MDoc9523 wrote:

A couple more from the Circle B Bar Reserve shot using the D600 and 35mm 1.4 AIS on tripod

http://raysteele.zenfolio.com/img/s9/v93/p1650231488-5.jpg

Wow Ray, I love how this not only draws you in, but I love the branches creating a tunnel affect. Well seen.

Aug 27, 2013 at 07:09 PM
MDoc9523
• • • • •
p.3212 #9 · p.3212 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thank you Leighton I've been trying to show Florida as it is and these scenes are not uncommon. Here is my feeble attempt to B&W this photo

Aug 27, 2013 at 07:18 PM
Ronny _Olsson
• • • •
p.3212 #10 · p.3212 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

pburke wrote:
The flower grow in spring and called (backsippa in Swedish) Pulsatilla vulgaris
colors are blue and white and even red i think

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pulsatilla_vulgaris

Thank's guys

Edited on Aug 27, 2013 at 08:00 PM · View previous versions

Aug 27, 2013 at 07:27 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Ronny _Olsson
• • • •
p.3212 #11 · p.3212 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Great shot Nick ,Ray and Philippe

Aug 27, 2013 at 07:29 PM
the solitaire
• • •
p.3212 #12 · p.3212 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

designdog wrote:
I also have the AF 105 VR micro, which does not get used very much. My fault. I find I really do not have the patience for macro work, and have been put off by the negative comments I have seen in using the lens as a short tele. Will have to try it out more.

My manual focus bug bite came at me kind of sideways. I had a Canon 7D with the requisite L zooms. Got a Fuji 100 and really enjoyed photography with a aperture switch on the lens, and the zoom on my feet. Experimented with an
...Show more

I never really cared much for opinions of others about lenses I already own. I used it as short tele a lot and my copy at least is amazingly sharp when used that way

Aug 27, 2013 at 10:00 PM
rattymouse
• • • • •
p.3212 #13 · p.3212 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Another shot from the 24mm f/2.0 ais lens w/ Acros film.

Aug 27, 2013 at 10:13 PM
rattymouse
• • • • •
p.3212 #14 · p.3212 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

pburke wrote:
after the combustion engine's demise, there won't be any gear boxes any longer. So "always" is relative here. An electric motor has no need for a transmission unless you need to go really really fast

That will be my son's loss then. I'm sure that gear boxes will be around during the remaining of my driving days. I still have a few more clutches to burn out.

That said, I am REAAALY enjoying not owning a car here in China. Heaps of money available for this all consuming hobby.

Aug 27, 2013 at 10:16 PM
rattymouse
• • • • •
p.3212 #15 · p.3212 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl wrote:
I was a young man when I owned a motorcycle. I've never forgotten the comment by a doctor who said it is never a question of WHETHER you'll have an accident while riding a motorcycle, but WHEN. I did training with the Zen Hospice Project in San Francisco and toward the end of the training we visited Laguna Honda hospital where the Project had a ward reserved for folks approaching the end of their lives. We were given a tour of the hospital which included a visit to a ward filled with people in persistent vegetative states. I asked how
...Show more

I have made the decision here in China not to get one of the ubiquitous electric or gas powered scooters. There are tens of thousands of these on the road and it is an easy way to get around. I am sure it would be an absolute blast to explore the city on one of these, w/ camera in hand. However, I decided for the good of my family, that I would not expose myself to that risk, which is substantial here as no traffic laws of any kind are enforced. You can run a red light at your own risk here, no cop will care. I get tempted to buy one sometime, but the metrics always lead me back to the same conclusion.

Aug 27, 2013 at 10:18 PM
rattymouse
• • • • •
p.3212 #16 · p.3212 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl wrote:

I recall the outline of the story Leighton from our earlier sharing of biographical information but here you flesh out some of the details. In many ways it sounds very simple and yet it was a profound change for all of you. Your daughters were young then so your responsibilities in providing for them were great. You and Barbara have a very strong partnership. That can make all the difference. I reflect on that as Sue and I consider leaving the bay area that has been home for forty plus years. No decisions have been made but we remain
...Show more

I know what it is like to leave home. Not easy at all. When I took this job in China, it was with a company far from the Chicago area, so that meant that once our expat time was over, there was no returning home, instead, a second move, this time away from our home for good. It was easy moving to China. In a few years when we are done, the hard move will come, out of Chicago, my home for 42 years.

Aug 27, 2013 at 10:23 PM
designdog
• •
p.3212 #17 · p.3212 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

The two years at grad school in NYC were refreshing to this visitor from Southern California, automobile Mecca. No car!

Years later, when I was building our business in Europe, I worked out of Barcelona, although I was only there to change clothes and pack, and tour the plant. My wife and I love Barcelona, and we were ready to move there. Until we were talked out of it by my Business Manager, a native. He pointed out that living in a hotel, traveling on an expense account, etc was very different than actually living in a place. Particularly if you cut the cord to the Mother Ship. He took me to a few "everyday" places to illustrate: drugstore, gas station, post office, travel agency, etc. Made me realize how lucky I was!

Now this guy and HIS wife are living on their sailboat in Costa Rica! Guess no one talked him out of it...

Aug 27, 2013 at 10:44 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.3212 #18 · p.3212 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221270906074?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Aug 27, 2013 at 11:30 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.3212 #19 · p.3212 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

rattymouse wrote:
I have made the decision here in China not to get one of the ubiquitous electric or gas powered scooters. There are tens of thousands of these on the road and it is an easy way to get around. I am sure it would be an absolute blast to explore the city on one of these, w/ camera in hand. However, I decided for the good of my family, that I would not expose myself to that risk, which is substantial here as no traffic laws of any kind are enforced. You can run a red light at your own
...Show more

My close friend whose son celebrated his first birthday Sunday of last week has ridden a motorcycle from Oakland to San Francisco where he was doing a post doc at University of California at San Francisco, much to the consternation of all of us. He recently moved to Emeryville, then applied for his first job away from academia and beginning in September will be working at one of the biotech companies about three blocks from his home. I asked him at the party about his motorcycle and he said he plans to sell it... observing that he was doing so out of deference to his family. I've little doubt that having a beautiful little boy in his life got him finally thinking straight. Glad you made the same decision Tom... and manual transmission rocks almost as much as manual focus!

Aug 27, 2013 at 11:49 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.3212 #20 · p.3212 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w wrote:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/221270906074?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

That's the one Chin posted awhile back that I forwarded to Ronny. You're not being as devilish as you think Leighton. On this thread there are a great many people willing to help others spend their money... But your heart is in the right place...

Aug 27, 2013 at 11:51 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password