Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3196      
       3198              3788       3789       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Ronny _Olsson
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3197 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

MDoc9523 wrote:
Ronny beautiful flowers. Do you use photo stacking?

Thanks Ray .. never tried stacking at my pictures never even in macro
However, as I reinforce some details on the flowers when I shot wide open
I'am using Color Efex Pro detail extractor sometimes

Thank's kevin

Aug 23, 2013 at 08:10 PM
designdog
• •
p.3197 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Good news on the KEH front. They will replace the 35 1.4 with EX+ or better. They think it happened when the lens was taken apart and cleaned. Meanwhile I will use this one until they have the replacement ready.

Now, if only the sun would come out!

Aug 23, 2013 at 08:20 PM
Lieutenant Z
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3197 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Hi all, I'm back from Normandy and the D-Day landing beaches.
Here is a shot from Arromanches with the 50/1.8

Aug 23, 2013 at 08:22 PM
SheltoweeTrace

p.3197 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

New to photography and this is my first post . I have just bought a Nikon D7100 , Nikon DX 35mm 1.8 G , nikon 50 mm 1.8 G , and a Tamron 70-300mm Di VC USD . I want one of the manual focus nikon 300mm 4.5 f as a first manual focus lens . Which one ? I know to stay away from the P models . How about the H that has a factory AI ? Should I go with an AIS , over an AI ? Should I go for the ED IF models ? Which model and why ? What's a fair price range for one in excellent to excellent + condition ? This will not be my last MF and I hope to add to this thread soon . Thank You !

Aug 23, 2013 at 08:31 PM
kwoodard
• • • •
p.3197 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

SheltoweeTrace wrote:
New to photography and this is my first post . I have just bought a Nikon D7100 , Nikon DX 35mm 1.8 G , nikon 50 mm 1.8 G , and a Tamron 70-300mm Di VC USD . I want one of the manual focus nikon 300mm 4.5 f as a first manual focus lens . Which one ? I know to stay away from the P models . How about the H that has a factory AI ? Should I go with an AIS , over an AI ? Should I go for the ED IF models ? Which
...Show more

Welcome aboard! MF is a blast and I am happy you found our little corner of the interwebs. As to which 300, I will leave that to those that know the differences, but I wanted to say welcome. MF lenses are like Pringles, you can't just have one... I started with one a year ago, now I have 12.

Aug 23, 2013 at 08:36 PM
raboof
• • •
p.3197 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

SheltoweeTrace wrote:
New to photography and this is my first post . I have just bought a Nikon D7100 , Nikon DX 35mm 1.8 G , nikon 50 mm 1.8 G , and a Tamron 70-300mm Di VC USD . I want one of the manual focus nikon 300mm 4.5 f as a first manual focus lens . Which one ? I know to stay away from the P models . How about the H that has a factory AI ? Should I go with an AIS , over an AI ? Should I go for the ED IF models ? Which
...Show more

Welcome to this thread. You picked the right place for your first post.

I shot with the H, the AIS, and the ED-IF. The ED-IF is the best one. The H is not as sharp as the AIS. Both the H and AIS have CA when shot at 4.5(purple fringing). You may be able to get a decent copy of the ED-IF for ~$250 range.

Aug 23, 2013 at 08:42 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.3197 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

SheltoweeTrace wrote:
...Show more

Welcome! I don't own one, but I know this is the one you want.

You should be able to find it on ebay anywhere from $250 to $350 depending on condition and whether or not it has the tripod mount.

Aug 23, 2013 at 08:43 PM
bruni
• • •
p.3197 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thanks everyone - now on to year 4.

Yes Leighton - I had to search for the 3 - I thought it was not going to be a big deal but as I rode around I realised there aren't any 3's around here.

Welcome back Phillippe - I thought it was a bit rich that you'd disappeared after you'd been encouraging me to come back.

ben

Aug 23, 2013 at 08:45 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.3197 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

bruni wrote:

Yes Leighton - I had to search for the 3 - I thought it was not going to be a big deal but as I rode around I realised there aren't any 3's around here.

Welcome back Phillippe - I thought it was a bit rich that you'd disappeared after you'd been encouraging me to come back.

ben

Well, it didn't matter how you did it, I really liked it! Do you still have Nikki? How's the old girl doing?

Aug 23, 2013 at 08:48 PM
Lieutenant Z
• • • •
p.3197 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

bruni wrote:

ben

Don't blame me, boy, I was with my brothers of the 101 th Airborne in Sainte Mère Eglise and no internet there in 1944!

Aug 23, 2013 at 08:55 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

raboof
• • •
p.3197 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl wrote:
Chin is right Chuong. The 12:43 p.m. thing was just a suggestion. You don't even need to post a photo if that doesn't work for you. But perhaps you could reflect on your discovery of the thread and the decision to participate. Chin was inspired by Donald Jean's work. Leighton responded to the open, friendly environment. You?

I picked up a 105mm f2.5 AI'd and wanted to share the pretty flower so posted it on here.

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/929565/276#9717241

...then you shot it down so I fixed the exposure.

Aug 23, 2013 at 08:55 PM
Stokesey
• • •
p.3197 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I suppose now that the anniversary is over the excitement will come again next year .....

Though I do have to say I get excited every day when I mount the MF lens of the day.

Today no exception, mounted the old faithful 180mm f2.8 today @ f4 ISO800 1/500th

Not sure the subject deserves an airing,

But it does go someway to express the problems of drinking on our modern society.

Hope no one gets offended.

C & C as always welcome.

Steve

© Stokesey 2013

Street Drinker Beware!!

© Stokesey 2013

There be demons !!

Aug 23, 2013 at 08:56 PM
Stokesey
• • •
p.3197 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w wrote:
One more from here on the hill around the appointed time. Taken with the 28/2.8 AI-s which doesn't find it's way on my camera very often. Looks like our grapes are ready to harvest.

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5479/9572974242_8dfc3d0ca1_b.jpg
28/2.8 AIS by Leighton W, on Flickr

I really love the composition of this Leighton.

Plus it really shows of the 28mm perfectly.

Thanx for the inspiration again.

Cheers

Steve

Aug 23, 2013 at 09:00 PM
stedge
• • •
p.3197 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Stokesey wrote:
I really love the composition of this Leighton.

Plus it really shows of the 28mm perfectly.

Thanx for the inspiration again.

LEighton, I agree with the comments. This is a great shot!

Cheers

Steve

Aug 23, 2013 at 09:03 PM
bruni
• • •
p.3197 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w wrote:
Well, it didn't matter how you did it, I really liked it! Do you still have Nikki? How's the old girl doing?

Leighton - Of course I still have Nikki - she's been round the world, she holds a very special place in my heart. I don't use her much because bloody Phillippe forced me to buy the zeiss 85 1.4 so that's my go to 85 at the moment. He's also put a flea in my ear about the zeiss 35 1.4 so I've been shooting with the nikon 35 mm 1.4 AIS to prove to myself that I don't need the zeiss.

Phillippe - yes, no internet in 1944 - but this is 2013....but welcome back, and as usual you caught that kid at just the right moment.

ben

Aug 23, 2013 at 09:05 PM
Lieutenant Z
• • • •
p.3197 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

What, 2013? Are you sure? wow time flies!

Aug 23, 2013 at 09:10 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.3197 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thanks Eric and Steve!

Ahh Ben, it's good to see you and Philippe sparing once again.

Aug 23, 2013 at 09:16 PM
bruni
• • •
p.3197 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w wrote:
Thanks Eric and Steve!

Ahh Ben, it's good to see you and Philippe sparing once again.

yeah? well, what do you call a guy who pushes you to buy lenses that even he doesn't own....oh yeah....Curtis
(but at least the nikon MF are cheap - zeiss - sheesh)

Aug 23, 2013 at 09:31 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.3197 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

bruni wrote:
yeah? well, what do you call a guy who pushes you to buy lenses that even he doesn't own....oh yeah....Curtis
(but at least the nikon MF are cheap - zeiss - sheesh)

Aug 23, 2013 at 09:38 PM
MDoc9523
• • • •
p.3197 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

A couple more shots from Saddle Creek using the 24mm 2.8 on tripod F11

Aug 23, 2013 at 09:45 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell