Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3072      
       3074              4360       4361       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

pburke
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3073 #1 · p.3073 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I just read my D600 manual for the first time - I had to figure out how to change AF settings and to my surprise there's a button on top of that AF on/off switch I usually turn off that can do that Maybe next time I use the TC-16A I will get better response from the body if I can get it to run in AF-C mode, which is what it should have been in.

Jul 23, 2013 at 06:12 PM
molson
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3073 #2 · p.3073 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Another one for the 16mm f3.5 collection... a nice little lens for normal use, but it flares like crazy in the infrared spectrum.

Spirit Boulders

Jul 23, 2013 at 06:16 PM
kwoodard
• • • •
p.3073 #3 · p.3073 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

molson wrote:
Another one for the 16mm f3.5 collection... a nice little lens for normal use, but it flares like crazy in the infrared spectrum.

That is a cool shot, I like it! I see a dust spec on your sensor, looks like its time for a cleaning.

Jul 23, 2013 at 06:49 PM
MDoc9523
• • • • •
p.3073 #4 · p.3073 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Here's a couple of shots using the D7000 and the 16mm 3.5 Taken at Disney World, Orlando, Florida

Jul 23, 2013 at 06:55 PM
rankamateur
• • •
p.3073 #5 · p.3073 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I have not bought anything in weeks which really makes my wife happy. It arrived yesterday and when she saw it she asked what it was. "Something I will probably never figure out how to use" Wife-"like everything else" Gotta admit, it does look good mounted.. PB-6, PK-13 and BR-2A reversing ring. Pic with the 28 2.8 AI-S

NIKON D7000    28mm    f/5.6    1/15s    1000 ISO    0.0 EV  

Jul 23, 2013 at 06:59 PM
molson
• • • • • •
p.3073 #6 · p.3073 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

kwoodard wrote:
I see a dust spec on your sensor, looks like its time for a cleaning.

Only one? I might have done a better job than I thought...

That's one of the problems with the IR conversion on the D700 - you lose the dust shaker.

Jul 23, 2013 at 07:02 PM
MDoc9523
• • • • •
p.3073 #7 · p.3073 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Ron that looks so cool. I can't imagine the extent of close ups that can muster

Jul 23, 2013 at 07:02 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.3073 #8 · p.3073 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Cliff, I'm normally not crazy about infrared images, but this one works, nice.

Jul 23, 2013 at 07:29 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.3073 #9 · p.3073 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

MDoc9523 wrote:

Here's a couple of shots using the D7000 and the 16mm 3.5 Taken at Disney World, Orlando, Florida
http://raysteele.zenfolio.com/img/s4/v62/p1307017098-5.jpg

Love this shot, have I seen this before?

Jul 23, 2013 at 07:30 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.3073 #10 · p.3073 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

rankamateur wrote:
I have not bought anything in weeks which really makes my wife happy. It arrived yesterday and when she saw it she asked what it was. "Something I will probably never figure out how to use" Wife-"like everything else" Gotta admit, it does look good mounted.. PB-6, PK-13 and BR-2A reversing ring. Pic with the 28 2.8 AI-S

Now let's see some images from it!

Jul 23, 2013 at 07:31 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
p.3073 #11 · p.3073 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I'm currently enjoying the process of developing and printing, even if I don't like the assignments. I may continue on with B&W film afterwards, at least as long as they keep making it. Question for Ratty, the same D76 works on the Neopan too?

Love this article, too. Would that I had the time/money to do that sort of travel without worries

leighton w wrote:
Interesting article, and interesting perspective you have on photography RM. But for me, I'm just the opposite. Digital has made me MORE into photography than I ever was with film. Having the freedom to shoot as much as I like without the worry of spending the money for film and processing. I'm also very much into the post production side of this art, probably as much as the picture taking itself. I did develop B&W myself in the old days, but color developing was out of my reach.

I say all of that to say this...photography is different for all
...Show more

Jul 23, 2013 at 07:35 PM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
p.3073 #12 · p.3073 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Betamax, LaserDisc, aging aircraft, antique cars

It is a craft, Andre, to be able to do this "the old way" too, like brewing beer or wine at home Class at school has the film/darkroom requirement, and now that I'm comfortable in my routine, I'm finding it enjoyable and relaxing to do this process. Sail is still around, and people still bet on chariots, be they horse drawn or horses under the hood.

Andre Labonte wrote:
Regarding Film and it going to the wayside: Is that not the way of things? Look at the golden age of sail, chariots, or any other human technology. Something "more efficient" (notice I did not say 'better') comes along and people move to that and the old technology is supplanted with only a few practitioners who keep it alive for nostalgic reasons.

Except for the reducing number of available films and processing centers, I can see where it is the "Golden Age" of film ... at least for a short time longer.

Jul 23, 2013 at 07:40 PM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
p.3073 #13 · p.3073 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Now that's a film holder!

pburke wrote:
I bought the motor for it, too... and for a while I was considering to buy this little attachment:

http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/companies/nikon/htmls/models/images/f3md4.jpg

Jul 23, 2013 at 07:41 PM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
p.3073 #14 · p.3073 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Dibs if you don't figure it out

rankamateur wrote:

Jul 23, 2013 at 07:43 PM
pburke
• • • •
p.3073 #15 · p.3073 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

MDoc9523 wrote:
Ron that looks so cool. I can't imagine the extent of close ups that can muster

I can't imagine the amount of strobe light you need to record anything at that magnification

Jul 23, 2013 at 07:45 PM
pburke
• • • •
p.3073 #16 · p.3073 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

NightOwl Cat wrote:
Betamax, LaserDisc, aging aircraft, antique cars

It is a craft, Andre, to be able to do this "the old way" too, like brewing beer or wine at home Class at school has the film/darkroom requirement, and now that I'm comfortable in my routine, I'm finding it enjoyable and relaxing to do this process. Sail is still around, and people still bet on chariots, be they horse drawn or horses under the hood.

you can have it both - digital and chemical, all in the same workflow, although I really don't want to know how expensive such a setup would be - really cool video about print making: http://vimeo.com/66352973

Jul 23, 2013 at 07:48 PM
kwoodard
• • • •
p.3073 #17 · p.3073 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

NightOwl Cat wrote:
Dibs if you don't figure it out

, I hear you. I need to contact that guy that has the NIB one and see what he wants for it. I love macro work and want a bellows really bad. If you download the manual for the 55/3.5 I posted, I think there is a conversion chart with regards to exposure values with the bellows (I know it has it for the M2 extension ring).

Jul 23, 2013 at 07:49 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.3073 #18 · p.3073 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

rattymouse wrote:
What a fantastic article. Truly outstanding find. Thank you for sharing! I have photographed Buddhist temples all across Asia. Far more than I can count, and sadly far more than I can remember. I wish I had the names of all the temples I have been to. I've been to 30 or more temples in Japan alone, 20 or so in Thailand, 10-15 in Taiwan, 10 or so in Singapore, around 15 in Korea, 50 or more in China(!) and one in the US (my home temple, still the finest temple I've ever seen).

I of course agree when the
...Show more

I followed the entire conversation that flowed from this post but thought I'd begin here largely because your thoughts definitely resonate with me even though I shoot digital rather than film. But first I'm curious about your "home" Buddhist temple in the U.S. that you describe as the finest you've seen. I don't know whether you're speaking of Odiyan Retreat Center in northern California. I spent time at the Nyingma Institute in Berkeley during the years this center was contemplated and then began. I've not made a visit but it surely is a spectacular undertaking.

I don't chimp but I will take multiple shots. As I've mentioned before, I prefer to ramble through space and pick out in the moment what strikes my fancy, then take a shot or two and move on. This is the reason I'm not much interested in a tripod. That would slow me down too much. I'd have to think too much and what I want to do is simply respond to my environment in the moment. Yes, that is a very Buddhist approach to photography, but then I'd likely consider myself a bit of a Buddhist.

I believe Peter B. is talking about a much different sort of photography than you are speaking of RM. Machine gunning a thousand photos of passing race cars is not quite the same as doing street shooting of the sort you do, or the meditative closeup work that a number of folks on this thread do. Obviously, there is a place for all of that since photography is a creative exercise and each of us is drawn to tell something different with our work. Sometimes it is about the fine detail rendered, sometimes it has more to do with capturing the mood of the scene as you and Dylan do quite regularly.

I'm much like Leighton in the fact I enjoy post processing work as much as i enjoy shooting, so for me digital fits the bill. It is absolutely true, of course, that lamenting the cost of film without considering the thousands of dollars spent on digital cameras is silly. Yes, if we never upgraded cameras, it will eventually be true that digital becomes cheaper, but I'm on my fifth digital camera and have spent almost eight thousand dollars on DSLR cameras and the FA I bought cost $126. $7800 can buy a great deal of film and processing...

I appreciate that our conversation includes consideration of topics such at this. Good stuff! Thanks all for contributing.

Jul 23, 2013 at 08:12 PM
MDoc9523
• • • • •
p.3073 #19 · p.3073 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

While it is true that $7800 will buy a lot of film and processing, there is the instant gratification mode that I find myself craving most of the time. I can say that because of that I would NOT make a very good Buddhist. Digital for me

Jul 23, 2013 at 08:36 PM
kwoodard
• • • •
p.3073 #20 · p.3073 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

MDoc9523 wrote:
While it is true that $7800 will buy a lot of film and processing, there is the instant gratification mode that I find myself craving most of the time. I can say that because of that I would NOT make a very good Buddhist. Digital for me

Count me in this group. Film for me anymore is when I am feeling nostalgic or I have a specific project that I want to render via film. Once I get Harold up and running, I have one of those projects in mind.

Speaking of that, I can get a few rolls of film rather inexpensively and would like to start slowly getting some. Is it better to keep it stored in the refrigerator or the freezer?

Jul 23, 2013 at 09:26 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password