Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3041      
       3043              3821       3822       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

MDoc9523
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3042 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

A couple more shots using the 105mm 2.5P

Natures rope

Jul 16, 2013 at 06:52 PM
Lieutenant Z
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3042 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Like the rope, Ray.

180 ais :

Jul 16, 2013 at 06:59 PM
Oosty
• • • •
p.3042 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

rattymouse wrote:
I have designs on a second camera body, since often 36 exposures of film is too much at one time leaving me stuck at a particular ISO longer than I want. To fix this I am thinking about a second Nikon body.

Here's the problem, the store where I bought the 24 f/2 and 85 f/2 lens has a Nikon S3 Y2K rangefinder w/50mm f/1.4 lens. Wow! Is that one sweet looking camera.

Are manual focus Nikon rangefinder lenses allowed here? Not that I am going to buy it....but the temptation is high............

A Nikon FE2 is far less costly.

Of course they will be but the Nikon RF cameras are frighteningly expensive and the lenses are not capable of being used on othr bodies. Rather buy something like a D70 ( yes, I know it's old tech) which is an awesome camera in its own right - way beyond an FE2. Cheap and if you don't like it it will cost you (almost) nothing for the experiment.

Jul 16, 2013 at 07:23 PM
Oosty
• • • •
p.3042 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Ray - you're a great convert. What concerns me is that you could be a devil's disciple!

Phillippe - just lovely!

Jul 16, 2013 at 07:30 PM
Oosty
• • • •
p.3042 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Chin - so sorry to hear about your friend's illness. Hopefully he can recover with modern medicine.

Most important is the lesson that we all tend to ignore - we have this life, now, to fulfil ourselves and those we love. Don't waste it but live each day as if it is our last. Tell our loved ones how important they are and leave this world with grace when our time comes.

Thinking about you.

Peter

Jul 16, 2013 at 07:41 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.3042 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Oosty wrote:
Chin - so sorry to hear about your friend's illness. Hopefully he can recover with modern medicine.

Most important is the lesson that we all tend to ignore - we have this life, now, to fulfil ourselves and those we love. Don't waste it but live each day as if it is our last. Tell our loved ones how important they are and leave this world with grace when our time comes.

Thinking about you.

Peter

Very well said Peter.

Jul 16, 2013 at 07:50 PM
Lieutenant Z
• • • •
p.3042 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w wrote:
Very well said Peter.

+1 ! Vivre c'est apprendre mourir ! (Ingrid will translate -))

Jul 16, 2013 at 08:01 PM
a.RodriguezPix
• • • •
p.3042 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Lieutenant Z wrote:

living is the learner of death?

Jul 16, 2013 at 08:15 PM
georgms
• • • •
p.3042 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Ray, it's great to see how much fun you have with the 105/2.5P! Love the natural rope and the set from the playground in paradise. The bench-shot is very cool.
Btw, if I was living in your "Paradise" I would try to shoot the first playground-image with a fast lens wide open - the 35/1.4 or the 85/1.4 should work well. A bit of backlight and maybe a B&W-conversion would turn this device into a nice abstract.

Samy, the last image of the dancers is very well timed and the shutter-speed spot-on.

Tony, I'm sorry to hear about the personal trouble. The "End of a tale"-image is wonderful, love the look of wide-angles up-close and wide open. The light works fantastic here.

Rafael, nice set from your friends visit. Btw, no, you didn't hit sensibilities (at least no "hit" on my side) by posting images of target-practicing.

Mark, your 35-70 seems to be a close relative of my 35/1.4 I love this kind of bokeh, an all too smooth background is just "nicht mein Ding".

Chin, I'm sorry to hear about your friend.

Philippe, your garden (?) is a joy to look at. Love the way to include the foreground.

Jul 16, 2013 at 08:20 PM
kwoodard
• • • •
p.3042 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Lieutenant Z wrote:

Learning to live is learning to die, very true.

Jul 16, 2013 at 08:22 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

kwoodard
• • • •
p.3042 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

MDoc9523 wrote:

A couple more shots using the 105mm 2.5P

Natures rope
http://raysteele.zenfolio.com/img/s9/v96/p1822294990-5.jpg

I love this one! Very interesting shot. I keep going back and looking at it.

Lieutenant Z wrote:
180 ais :

I really like this one. I want to sit in one of those with my wife by my side.

Jul 16, 2013 at 08:24 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.3042 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

"To live is to learn to die..." is how Google translates it. Sounds about right to me. The way I put it is "life breaks our hearts..." And that is not a bad thing because the tenderness that comes from being open to loss, as Peter's words suggest, allows us to meet our loved ones with an open heart. Life is "bittersweet." Even as we taste the sweetness we know it will all come to an end. It is a foolish person who refuses to look squarely at that fact. Fantasy can be fun, but it is not the best way to meet life or to engage with loved ones. Of course, it is much easier to consider these matters as one comes closer to the end of life. Before that life itself can be so compelling, so dramatic, that the long arc of this journey is not considered. That isn't a bad thing. But loss comes in many forms and it invariably raises questions we will address sooner or later.

"To live is to learn to die..." Absolutely.

Jul 16, 2013 at 08:29 PM
Lieutenant Z
• • • •
p.3042 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Kevin, thanks for the translation (I think I have to learn English before I die.....

If you want to sit in those chairs, you just have to offer an air ticket (Air France's Airbus A 380 are stunning airplanes) to your wife and to cross the Atlantique, you are welcome in France!

Jul 16, 2013 at 08:55 PM
stedge
• • •
p.3042 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Well, got a couple toys recently. Just testing out on a butterfly by the driveway with the 300/4.5 H I just picked up. These are fair crops, handheld, and as you know it does not focus closely. Then a picture of that lens with the 28-50/3.5.

(PS had no idea the exp comp was at +1 at the time....)

NIKON D3    300mm    f/4.5    1/200s    1600 ISO    +1.0 EV  

NIKON D3    300mm    f/4.5    1/100s    200 ISO    +1.0 EV  

NIKON D3    20mm    f/5.6    1/125s    1600 ISO    +1.0 EV  

Edited on Jul 16, 2013 at 09:33 PM · View previous versions

Jul 16, 2013 at 08:58 PM
molson
• • • • • •
p.3042 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I finally got a chance to get out and use my 45mm f2.8 PC-E lens this past weekend... maybe a millimetre or so too much vertical shift resulted in the dark corners at the top of the frame.

Wind Turbines, Pincher Creek

NIKON D800E    45.0 mm f/2.8 lens    45mm    f/11.0    1/160s    100 ISO    0.0 EV  

Jul 16, 2013 at 09:08 PM
stedge
• • •
p.3042 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

cool photo. I am intrigued by those lenses.... But too lazy!

Jul 16, 2013 at 09:13 PM
georgms
• • • •
p.3042 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Eric, congrats to your "new" Nikkor-H 300/4.5! The very first shot looks great.

Cliff, welcome and congrats to your 45 PC-E! Regarding the mechanical vignetting: removing filters and/or lens-hood might give you an additional millimeter more movement. This is the only MF-Nikkor (of over 30) that I got new and I still try to learn how to use it properly ;-)

Jul 16, 2013 at 09:17 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.3042 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Eric - Good to see you again, congrats on the "new" lenses.

Cliff - Nice to see you as well, and that's a wonderful image, and one that lends itself perfectly for that lens. Well done!

Jul 16, 2013 at 09:18 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.3042 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Sweet Eric. I agree with Georg, that first image is the real deal. What a gorgeous lens. I finally put mine back i the cabinet but I'll definitely get it out with it this summer. It is sharp wide open with excellent color and contrast. But it has a very long MFD. You might want to experiment with an extension tube if you continue to do close work. You lose infinity focus but you can get much closer to your subject.

Lovely shot Cliff. You're loaded for bear with that extensive kit listed in your profile with enough MF Nikkors to make you a regular on this thread if you were so inclined. But I see you around FM and know your interests are wide ranging. But it is always nice to see your work. That lens continues to tickle my fancy, but unlike you and Georg who sell your work, I can't justify investing that much in a lens, no matter how intriguing. So I'll take my pleasure from work done with the lens by others.

Edited on Jul 16, 2013 at 09:35 PM · View previous versions

Jul 16, 2013 at 09:34 PM
stedge
• • •
p.3042 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

thanks, NAS is never-ending. Luckily there is NSS to go along with it - or so I tell my lovely bride!

been some mighty good work in this thread. Love seeing everyone's work. It's truly inspiring.

Chin - I am very sorry about your friend. Hang in there.

Jul 16, 2013 at 09:35 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password