Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3038      
       3040              4425       4426       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

MarkdV
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3039 #1 · p.3039 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

rafaelcasd wrote:
Mark. actually easy, the little screw in the side of the aperture ring is missing, or did not engage the hole in the slide that actually sets the aperture. (If it is an H or HC)

Thanks Rafael! I didn't see there were 2 screws that needed to be lined up inside it, got them is and it works beautifully.
Not much of a shot but a very nice lens. And now I feel like I've earn it.

P.S. Apologies for the plethora of 85mm shots coming everyones way.

Jul 15, 2013 at 06:44 PM
Randy Roy
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3039 #2 · p.3039 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I just got one of those Chinese knock-off lens hoods (on flea-bay) for my 28/3.5 K lens. Wasn't expecting much for the price, but was I pleasantly surprised. Fit and finish are excellent for a fraction of the price of the Nikon branded hood.

Jul 15, 2013 at 08:31 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.3039 #3 · p.3039 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Just dropping by to say hi, and to say how many great images on the last pages. Chin, you've been rocking!

I'll be back when I've given my "new" lens a thorough workout to see if it needs to go back to KEH. So far, so good.

Jul 15, 2013 at 08:58 PM
kwoodard
• • • •
p.3039 #4 · p.3039 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w wrote:
Just dropping by to say hi, and to say how many great images on the last pages. Chin, you've been rocking!

I'll be back when I've given my "new" lens a thorough workout to see if it needs to go back to KEH. So far, so good.

Everything I have seen from your new lens looks great!

Jul 15, 2013 at 09:18 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.3039 #5 · p.3039 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

kwoodard wrote:

Thanks Kevin.

Jul 15, 2013 at 10:50 PM
georgms
• • • •
p.3039 #6 · p.3039 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Curtis, love the Mission San Rafael image: great framing, a very smart lens-selection and a processing that suits my fancy pretty well Grain is good, grain is good, grain is good. The sail-boat-shot is very nice too.

Chin, that's really great work with the 45 PC-E, thanks for sharing these very inspiring shots. I hope you don't mind if I borrow your term "Vertorama" ;-)

Chuong, congrats to your new 25-50/4! The double-portrait is very nicely taken.

Dylan, love the punchy contrasts on the car-wash-shot. It fits the busy scenery perfectly.

Buddy, nice work with the 50/2 in rural Germany!

Ronny, fabulous work with the 135/2 on tubes again!

Dean, the "Two sides of Hong Kong" are a wonderful juxtaposition. Your B&W-processing on #1 is first rate, it really shows the atmosphere.

Scott, the well-greased gear is a nice find. You have a great eye for photogenic details. Love the diagonal framing. Maybe a polarizer would have made the image more "snappy", just a thought.

Bert, very nice set with the tubed 200/4! My fav is #1 for its framing and very smooth background.

John, "Set Free #2" is a jewel. This is the kind of pictures that call for a very large print.

Ray, the framing of your shot with the 50/1.4 works great for me. The clouds are nice in this shot - a clear blue sky would have been a bit "boring".

Samy, lotsa nice shots on the last pages! The blue flower is wonderfully captured.

Jared, the Datsun is a photogenic car. The triple S stands for sports, sports, sports or did I err ? ;-)

Jose, very nice plant-details with the 400/5.6!

Larry, the agave leaf is wonderfully captured. Love these kin of detail-shots, and this is a really beautiful example.

Jeff, your agave-shot is great as well. Love the framing.

Rafael, I'm glad to see that your friends had some fun in front of your camera, hope to see Stefan acting in a movie or series soon (but without wearing earplugs ).

Mark, I hope to see some more 85/1.8-shoots soon.

Thanks for the kind words on my recently posted shots!

Jul 15, 2013 at 11:05 PM
georgms
• • • •
p.3039 #7 · p.3039 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

A kinda environmental lens-portrait:

The dragon-boat-racing looks much better in B&W, anyway, the 180/2.8ED did well in this panned shot.

Jul 15, 2013 at 11:09 PM
saph
• • • •
p.3039 #8 · p.3039 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

What "new" lens Leighton? I am missing some posts or pages!

kwoodard wrote:

Jul 15, 2013 at 11:30 PM
saph
• • • •
p.3039 #9 · p.3039 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Georg, thanks for patiently going through so many pages and posts and compiling your comments.

And the dragon boat race looks equally good in color too.

Jul 15, 2013 at 11:32 PM
saph
• • • •
p.3039 #10 · p.3039 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Dylan thanks for the comment and input on the Native American dancers. I found this image of the flowing threads on a dancer that's not a rear view. Lot easier to capture photos of stationary performers or the ones taking gentle steps. This one's also with the 5.8cm 1.4S, at f/2.8 and 1/160s.

Jul 15, 2013 at 11:37 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

DTOB
• • •
p.3039 #11 · p.3039 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

saph wrote:
Dylan thanks for the comment and input on the Native American dancers. I found this image of the flowing threads on a dancer that's not a rear view. Lot easier to capture photos of stationary performers or the ones taking gentle steps. This one's also with the 5.8cm 1.4S, at f/2.8 and 1/160s.

http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b530/sa_maryland_fotofun/2013MDPowWow/Dancer6_zps8e0d8ba1.jpg

Love the motion, I think you've chosen your shutter speeds perfectly.

Jul 15, 2013 at 11:46 PM
MDoc9523
• • • • •
p.3039 #12 · p.3039 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Cool shot Mark love the textures colors and shadows!
Georg I now bestow you with the title "creative one" I thought the bokeh police was tops but this shot takes the cake!
I agree with Dylan. Samy this one gets the prize

Jul 16, 2013 at 01:04 AM
MDoc9523
• • • • •
p.3039 #13 · p.3039 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

We have a new playground here in "paradise" so I ventured out with my 105mm 2.5 P lens. Curtis has encouraged me to use my lost orphan lenses so one by one I have been taking them out

Jul 16, 2013 at 01:11 AM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.3039 #14 · p.3039 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Love that last one Ray but I can almost hear Georg mumbling beneath his breath... BW, BW...

Bokeh play is always fun.

Jul 16, 2013 at 01:36 AM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.3039 #15 · p.3039 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Samy, Leighton bought an AF lens so he won't feel so left out of the thread Dean started for MF shooters using AF lenses. Poor Leighton did not own a SINGLE AF lens... that and he thought it might be useful for his paid gig when he shoots the forthcoming county fair. He bought a 70-300. You might want to check out that thread and see what he's up to. The lens and photographer appear to be getting along quite well...

Jul 16, 2013 at 01:39 AM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.3039 #16 · p.3039 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I have to say, that those of you who run through this thread and comment on what everyone is posting deserve special recognition. I've gotten a bit lazy with time, but then I did the heavy lifting around here for the first year, which was as slow as molasses in January compared to how this thread is moving now. I'd say about NINE THOUSAND of the 60,000 posts on this thread are from me. But I do appreciate everyone who gives back to others on this thread. Clearly, those who are most engaged, both in sharing photos and in sharing comments and general observations, get credit for the vitality of this thread. It is not mine nor Leighton's sparking personality that does it... No doubt it helps that we have so many excellent photographers contributing to the thread. It is ALWAYS a pleasure to peruse these pages, even if I don't often leave a comment. Enjoy yourselves everyone!

Jul 16, 2013 at 01:44 AM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.3039 #17 · p.3039 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Glad you were able to sort things out with that lens Mark. That is a delicious graphical shot.

Wonderful the resources we have available on this thread with so many folks having so much experience both with photography and with these lenses in particular. A tip of the hat to Rafael who when not blowing things up can offer sage advice...

Jul 16, 2013 at 01:46 AM
DTOB
• • •
p.3039 #18 · p.3039 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Curtis, I like you. You are good people.

I wish I could put words together like the others, but know this. I sit and look at each and every photo. And I smile. There is something special about seeing the world, exactly as another once did, in a time and place that will never be duplicated.

Great thanks to everyone who contributes, big and small.

Jul 16, 2013 at 02:13 AM
DTOB
• • •
p.3039 #19 · p.3039 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Also, Sandwich:

Jul 16, 2013 at 02:13 AM
kings_freak
• • •
p.3039 #20 · p.3039 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Hello all!
I haven't had much time to shoot or post lately. My divorce proceedings have pretty much taken up all of my time and energy.
As usual, the photos on here have been wonderful. Here is a shot with my 24mm 2.8 N.C. that I haven't used near enough. I hope to be getting out in the near future.

Tony

The end of a tale.... by TR-Photo, on Flickr

Jul 16, 2013 at 03:28 AM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password