Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3030      
       3032              4226       4227       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Foggy14
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3031 #1 · p.3031 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Happy weekend gang!

Andy, "No Vacancy" is a really fun shot.

Dylan, very nice street shots from NYC. Did "we" win the lottery yet?

Rafael, I really enjoyed the "German Fun House" and the aviation shots, especially the solarized b&w. I have one "last' eye thing coming up on Monday and should be recovered for a Balboa Park "shootout" sometime in August. I'm looking forward to it.

Jose, feces jokes aside, the assassin bug is a very cool shot.

David, very nice colors in your "wet" shots.

RM, great street work.

Mark, terrific set from Quiberon. The "underground Memorial" and "Blowing in the Wind" are really well done.

Americo, very nice portrait.

Ray, wonderful Florida landscapes. Great mood, lighting and colors!

Ron, terrific capture of your morning visitor.

Chin, "took a trip" is really nice.

Jul 13, 2013 at 05:00 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.3031 #2 · p.3031 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Good luck with the procedure Jeff. There is probably nothing quite so terrifying for a photographer as eye problems. Photography is a visual art form, one that you excel at I might add. We're all looking forward to seeing what you produce and will watch with interest for what comes from your meeting with Rafael. That is a meeting I'd love to attend. It is great fun shooting with others, noting how they perceive possibilities in a setting. I've done that a great deal with my Rotterdam friend Rinie and on a couple of occasions with others from this thread. It is so easy to hang out with another photographer who shares your passion, and celebration of MF Nikon lenses is a fine place to meet.

If you're able to visit the thread during your recovery process please let us know how things are going.

Jul 13, 2013 at 05:12 PM
Foggy14
• • •
p.3031 #3 · p.3031 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Curtis, I really appreciate your comments and good wishes. Fortunately, Monday's procedure, while it'll leave me a little blurry for about a week, is not nearly as invasive as the previous three, which all went well. My only concern, once my vision is tuned-up, is that I'll lose a convenient excuse for my overly soft focusing.

When Rafael and I get our August meet-up scheduled, we'll let you know. If you find yourself in the SD area, and can join us, that would be terrific!

Jul 13, 2013 at 05:40 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.3031 #4 · p.3031 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Happy to hear that Jeff. I promise we'll be gentle with you when you begin posting photos again... Now that you know the term "soft focus" you can use it to advantage. As I vaguely recall from my Canon days, they have an EF 135 f/2.8 they market as a soft focus lens.

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/cameras/ef_lens_lineup/ef_135mm_f_2_8_with_softfocus

You can be the pioneer in Nikon soft focus shooting...

Be well.

Jul 13, 2013 at 05:51 PM
a.RodriguezPix
• • • •
Account locked
p.3031 #5 · p.3031 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Foggy14 wrote:
Happy weekend gang!

Americo, very nice portrait.

Thank you kindky, here's one more please excuse the practice!

The Wife, a novel, by a.Rodriguez by aRolleiBrujo, on Flickr

Jul 13, 2013 at 07:03 PM
Oosty
• • • •
p.3031 #6 · p.3031 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Foggy14 wrote:
Curtis, I really appreciate your comments and good wishes. Fortunately, Monday's procedure, while it'll leave me a little blurry for about a week, is not nearly as invasive as the previous three, which all went well. My only concern, once my vision is tuned-up, is that I'll lose a convenient excuse for my overly soft focusing.

Hope your eye will be fine - I'm a veteran of Lasic ( -13 and -12 correction) and subsequent lens replacement and know the feeling and the twitchiness.

All the best.

Jul 13, 2013 at 07:16 PM
rafaelcasd
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3031 #7 · p.3031 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Foggy14 wrote:
Happy weekend gang!

Rafael, I really enjoyed the "German Fun House" and the aviation shots, especially the solarized b&w. I have one "last' eye thing coming up on Monday and should be recovered for a Balboa Park "shootout" sometime in August. I'm looking forward to it.

Looking forward to it, do not know what part of town you are in Jeff, but iof you are game we could mae it a day, start at my place near lake Hodges, so we can see and talk lenses, then go to a few places to use several.

Jul 13, 2013 at 08:11 PM
Lieutenant Z
• • • •
p.3031 #8 · p.3031 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

From the castel of Haroué (1720) wich is always in the family Beauvau-Craon who still lives here today
50/18 ais

Jul 13, 2013 at 08:15 PM
georgms
• • • •
p.3031 #9 · p.3031 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Philippe, that's another piece of very fine photography in your distinctive style. In other words: I love this shot.

Chin, superp work on the succulent! Was this done with Nikon's macro-flash-system?

Ron, I like your "bird of pray" a lot. The 400/3.5 is one of the longer MF-Nikkor's that is in my (financial) reach, hope to try one sometimes.

Rafael, very nice plane-shots, my personal fav is the one converted to B&W. Glad to see that your 15's working so well now.

Dylan, please keep your fine shots coming! That's really inspiring work.

Ray, I like your images from the Florida backlands, especially the first and the last one. Hope the storm didn't caught you on the wrong feet (don't know if this german saying works in american English).

Jul 13, 2013 at 09:17 PM
Foggy14
• • •
p.3031 #10 · p.3031 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thanks Peter!

Rafael, that sounds great. I'm in Solana Beach and lake Hodges is an easy drive. I'll send you a pm when I get this eye thing behind me and we can get it on our calendars for next month.

Jul 13, 2013 at 09:19 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Foggy14
• • •
p.3031 #11 · p.3031 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Lieutenant Z wrote:
From the castel of Haroué (1720) wich is always in the family Beauvau-Craon who still lives here today
50/18 ais

Wow Philippe, that is a beauty!

Jul 13, 2013 at 09:20 PM
georgms
• • • •
p.3031 #12 · p.3031 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

The recently posted work on film made me finally expose some Fuji Acros today. I almost forgot how nice the FM2's viewfinder is, even without "high-eyepoint"- and 100-percent-coverage-features. I wish I could have a screen like the one in the FM2 in my DSLR's too. The Miranda-screen in the D700 works pretty well (thanks for the guidance, Dylan!), but not as nice as the FM2's screen.
Developing was less fun than shooting, dust everywhere on my darkroom-stuff. At least the Rodinal-developer (and the fixing bath) was still in good working order.
I'm scanning some snaps now, missing the mask for the scanner I have to use a piece of anti-newton-glass to keep the negatives flat. Dust is everywhere, for now I just take it as penalty for neglecting real film ;-)

This friendly fella was selling mead and other traditional beverages to tourists -
Ai 55/1.2 wide open, Acros at ISO 100, Rodinal 1:50 at about 21�C for about 10minutes

Edited on Jul 13, 2013 at 09:29 PM · View previous versions

Jul 13, 2013 at 09:28 PM
MDoc9523
• • • • •
p.3031 #13 · p.3031 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

rankamateur wrote:
Morning visitor. Grab the camera, mount the lens run back outside and point and pray before he soars off. 400mm 3.5 AI

Great shot Ron. So many times I have run to get my camera only to find the subject gone

Jul 13, 2013 at 09:29 PM
MDoc9523
• • • • •
p.3031 #14 · p.3031 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Nicely done Georg. I would not have a clue on how to develop film. The photo is great also.

Jul 13, 2013 at 09:32 PM
rankamateur
• • •
p.3031 #15 · p.3031 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Wife yells to come take a picture of a cloud and of course I am at her beckoning call so why not. Trying out the new 80-200 4.5 AI ( Rectangular baffle). Tests to come later against the older version.

NIKON D800    0.0 mm f/0.0 lens    200mm    f/8.0    1/1250s    500 ISO    0.0 EV  

Jul 13, 2013 at 09:49 PM
anthonysemone
• • • •
p.3031 #16 · p.3031 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Or the other side of that issue (?), I go into Philly today with my F4 and 85/1.4, and, while walking with a friend I ran into in the neighborhood surrounding the Eastern Penitentiary. Bastille Day celebration, there were tons of photo ops. # of good photos? Zero. Why? Cannot walk and chew gum at the same time MF requires time!! at least at my skill level, and I'm just not up to it in a fast-paced context. Should'a took my X-E1 w/ 35/1.4, or my Contax G2 w/ the 45/2. Lesson learned.

Jul 13, 2013 at 09:51 PM
MarkdV
• • •
p.3031 #17 · p.3031 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Hi All,
Thanks very much for all the kind words on the series from Quiberon. the blowing in the breeze photo was fun to get, lying down, squeezed in front of a fence right amongst the grass. The memorial was a very lucky find, it wasn't sign-posted but fortunately I'm very nosey and end up in all sorts of odd places.

So far this weekend some great shots,
Philippe, love the castle Haroue. Well seen and timed.
Georg, love the mead-seller and well developed. Glad the new viewing screen works well.
Ray, storm's coming is lovely.
Jose, nice morning visitor
Chin, took a trip is very peaceful and lovely photo.
Rafael, great shots of the planes, the mig looks fantastic, the 15mm works really well with the planes.

A question for our friends in SF, anyone going to the America's cup racing?

Jul 13, 2013 at 09:55 PM
jhinkey
• • • • •
p.3031 #18 · p.3031 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

A few straggler images from our South Dakota trip . . . 45/2.8 AI-P

Taffy Machine Amazement

NIKON D800    45mm    f/2.8    1/750s    100 ISO    0.0 EV  

Diggin' Dinosaurs At The Black Hills Institute

NIKON D800    45mm    f/2.8    1/90s    1600 ISO    0.0 EV  

Jul 13, 2013 at 11:05 PM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
p.3031 #19 · p.3031 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I do need to run this strip through photoflow again, but a print I really like, N90s, 85mm f/1.4 AI-s Ilford HP5 ISO 400, printed on Ilford Multigrade IV Fiber - Glossy.

© NightOwl Cat 2013

Funnel Cakes

Nikon N90s    400 ISO  

Jul 13, 2013 at 11:05 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.3031 #20 · p.3031 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

That question is likely directed at me Mark, since I'm the only person who lives in the SF Bay area. Frankly, my life has been so hectic of late, I haven't even thought about the race, but thansk for mentioning it. I probably won't go into San Francisco to shoot the race since it will likely be mobbed. But I should be able to get some photos from Fort Baker. Here's a photo taken from that vantage point with the 300 f/4.5 AI-s ED-IF last October when they held a special event in San Francisco. Shot wide open, hand held. I don't recall whether I posted this before. It was converted before I'd bought Nik software and so was converted in Lightroom.

I'll have the 400 f/5.6 AI-s ED-IF available as well, so I should get a few photos. The exciting work will likely come from photographers on boats at the edge of the course.

Here's a map showing the course layout. Fort Baker is at the north end of the Golden Gate bridge shown at the left edge of the map. The point closest to Alcatraz is the best location for shooting...

http://www.americascup.com/en/sanfrancisco/getting-here

Jul 13, 2013 at 11:21 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password