FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3021      
       3023              5889       5890       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

rankamateur
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3022 #1 · p.3022 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

200-400 ED AI-S- on a sturdy tripod by the way because Hulk Hogan could not hand hold this thing.

Aug 12, 2013 at 10:14 PM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3022 #2 · p.3022 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Yes indeed about the forward lean.. that'll come soon enough. Thanks for noticing that the weapon was empty and his clear respect for it, the outcome of a conspiracy between me and his Dad's Dad. We were fortunate enough to have the Police range (hence the marking on the post - ) all to ourselves...

Aug 12, 2013 at 10:15 PM
kwoodard
• • • •
p.3022 #3 · p.3022 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

anthonysemone wrote:
Yes indeed about the forward lean.. that'll come soon enough. Thanks for noticing that the weapon was empty and his clear respect for it, the outcome of a conspiracy between me and his Dad's Dad. We were fortunate enough to have the Police range (hence the marking on the post - ) all to ourselves...

I shoot as well, so I am always on the look out for stuff like that. I went out about a year ago and watched a gentleman in his 40's knock out 6 teeth because of improper form and no respect for the weapon. He took 5 shots with his semi-auto 10mm and when he relaxed, he had his finger still on the trigger. It was a race gun with a super light trigger and bang! Recoil hit him in the mouth, 4 teeth on top and 2 on bottom came tumbling out. I am currently starting to restore a J. Stevens and Tool company Model 108 single shot .410 shotty. It was bought new in 1914 and passed to me when the original owners son decided he wanted nothing to do with his fathers estate (got a lot of camera gear also). I have some of those pictures in my Flickr page. Just quick snapshots, not really artistic. Those will come though.

Aug 12, 2013 at 10:22 PM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
p.3022 #4 · p.3022 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Excellent observation, Sir. There is no such thing as too much safety when firearms are present. Yes, indeed, race guns can do that in the presence of a trigger finger that might well have been more safely positioned, not to mention the brain fart that can afflict us all should we let it. I wish you great good fortune with your rebuild. I never had those skills but I surely do admire folks who do

Aug 12, 2013 at 10:26 PM
rattymouse
• • • • •
Account locked
p.3022 #5 · p.3022 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

kwoodard wrote:
I shoot as well, so I am always on the look out for stuff like that. I went out about a year ago and watched a gentleman in his 40's knock out 6 teeth because of improper form and no respect for the weapon. He took 5 shots with his semi-auto 10mm and when he relaxed, he had his finger still on the trigger. It was a race gun with a super light trigger and bang! Recoil hit him in the mouth, 4 teeth on top and 2 on bottom came tumbling out. I am currently starting to restore a
...Show more

My goodness, what a terrible mistake!!

Aug 12, 2013 at 10:35 PM
rattymouse
• • • • •
Account locked
p.3022 #6 · p.3022 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Does anyone here shoot *exclusively* (or near exclusively) manual focus? If you do shoot some autofocus, what percentage would you guess that you shoot this way? I am curious to what the answers might be.

Thanks!

Aug 12, 2013 at 10:36 PM
leighton w
• • • • • •
p.3022 #7 · p.3022 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Tony, good to see you again!

Aug 12, 2013 at 10:39 PM
leighton w
• • • • • •
p.3022 #8 · p.3022 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

rattymouse wrote:
Does anyone here shoot *exclusively* (or near exclusively) manual focus? If you do shoot some autofocus, what percentage would you guess that you shoot this way? I am curious to what the answers might be.

Thanks!

Well, I just bought my first AF lens since my kit lens on my old D7000 that I sold last year. I mainly bought it to use for a job that I'm doing this Wednesday. I doubt I use it much other than the times I'm getting paid. I said all of that to say this...I probably shoot MF around 95 to 100 percent of the time.

Aug 12, 2013 at 10:45 PM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
p.3022 #9 · p.3022 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Leighton, thank you, Sir. Major mistake selling off my MF kit. GRRR. Slowly building it back up. 50/1.2 Ai-S is next on my list I'm shooting almost exclusively with film these days, though with fast moving subjects, I'm not adept enough to use MF.

Aug 12, 2013 at 11:07 PM
kwoodard
• • • •
p.3022 #10 · p.3022 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

rattymouse wrote:

Thanks!

I would say I shoot 95% MF glass. In the last month, I got two AF lenses (28-70 AF-D and a 75-300 AF, which is the last good one from what I hear) and only really use them when I have to deal with action, which is rare for me. Once I started dinking around with MF glass, I am hopelessly addicted to them and shoot them all the time. Of my 13 lenses, only 2 are AF.

Aug 12, 2013 at 11:23 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

MDoc9523
• • • • •
p.3022 #11 · p.3022 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

rattymouse wrote:

Thanks!

I recently bought a Nikkor 24-85 vr for the grandkids and have used it once so I would say that 99% of my shots are manual focus. The major point is that I need to spend more time with the kids

Aug 12, 2013 at 11:25 PM
MDoc9523
• • • • •
p.3022 #12 · p.3022 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

anthonysemone wrote:
Leighton, thank you, Sir. Major mistake selling off my MF kit. GRRR. Slowly building it back up. 50/1.2 Ai-S is next on my list I'm shooting almost exclusively with film these days, though with fast moving subjects, I'm not adept enough to use MF.

Great to see you Tony #1

Aug 12, 2013 at 11:26 PM
kwoodard
• • • •
p.3022 #13 · p.3022 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

anthonysemone wrote:
Excellent observation, Sir. There is no such thing as too much safety when firearms are present. Yes, indeed, race guns can do that in the presence of a trigger finger that might well have been more safely positioned, not to mention the brain fart that can afflict us all should we let it. I wish you great good fortune with your rebuild. I never had those skills but I surely do admire folks who do

Here she is in her current state. Lots of surface rust, but everything else seems to lock up tight and nothing seems to bind. Its not a bank vault like my Smith & Wesson M36, but for a single shot .410, its good.

_DSC9196 by Kevin.Woodard, on Flickr

Aug 12, 2013 at 11:26 PM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
p.3022 #14 · p.3022 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Lots of history in that firearm I'd reckon, Kevin.

Doc, thank you, Sir. I'm more than a bit out of Nikon MF practice, but I'll be sure to put up some more when I've got something that measures up to the standards here. You all are really good!!!

Aug 12, 2013 at 11:36 PM
kwoodard
• • • •
p.3022 #15 · p.3022 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

anthonysemone wrote:
Lots of history in that firearm I'd reckon, Kevin.

Doc, thank you, Sir. I'm more than a bit out of Nikon MF practice, but I'll be sure to put up some more when I've got something that measures up to the standards here. You all are really good!!!

Quite a bit. The owner bought it with his own money when he was 8 I believe to serve as protection for himself and his animals when he was working on his parents farm.

Aug 12, 2013 at 11:43 PM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
p.3022 #16 · p.3022 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Yes, those were the days, eh? I had my own Marlin lever action .22LR when I was 12. I was on the school's rifle team and we practiced on the range in the basement of our school. I remember bringing my rifle (a Winchester target rifle, another of my "weapons") to school, slung over my shoulder with a half dozen bricks of ammo in my coat pocket, walking into the classroom and hanging up my coat and rifle in the cloak closet as it was called in those days and then picking it up after school and going down to practice. We were part of an NRA sponsored and taught rifle team. Times sure have changed

Aug 12, 2013 at 11:55 PM
MDoc9523
• • • • •
p.3022 #17 · p.3022 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Here's a couple shots using the 75-150 3.5 Series E. I took this lens apart to fix the chronic lens creep and slap. It was a complete success but unfortunately the tiny little ball that makes the aperture click bounced four times, rolled across the desk and into the carpet never to be found again. Now I have a cinema de-clicked version. Is it worth more now

Feeding the fish with grandpa

Aug 12, 2013 at 11:58 PM
Reagan
• • • •
p.3022 #18 · p.3022 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Firearms and fast cars. Now your getting my attention
Now I just need a camera
Beautiful images posted by all

Reagan

Aug 13, 2013 at 12:58 AM
designdog
• •
p.3022 #19 · p.3022 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

The 135mm 2 AI-s and its magical bokeh...

Aug 13, 2013 at 01:23 AM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
p.3022 #20 · p.3022 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Each of these is with my Nikon F4 and 85/1.4 Ai-S. Portra 400. Likely it is that I'm shooting in Ken Rockwell mode Manayunk is just outside Philly.

anthonysemone 2013

Ceiling 30th Street Station Philadelphia

anthonysemone 2013

Starbucks at 30th Street - What a surprise

anthonysemone 2013

Old Yarn Mill - Manayunk

anthonysemone 2013

Weaving and Knitting School - Manayunk

Aug 13, 2013 at 01:31 AM
1       2       3              3021      
       3023              5889       5890       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell