FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3006      
       3008              5886       5887       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Stokesey
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3007 #1 · p.3007 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

There you go again Ronny .... fabulous shots of syrphids in flight ...

I really must try harder. I might get on the league table one day.

Anyway here is a shot taken in Liverpool UK today

Looking across the Mersey from Liverpool side to the Wirral

Using 24mm f2.8 NC @f8 ISO200 1/800th

Steve

Stokesey 2013

The Mersey River

Aug 09, 2013 at 09:30 PM
rankamateur
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3007 #2 · p.3007 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Does everyone have a favorite lens for shooting wide open? Mine is definitely the 180 ED AI-S. Not necessarily my favorite focal length but for wide open it is by far the sharpest lens I have.

Aug 09, 2013 at 10:07 PM
kwoodard
• • • •
p.3007 #3 · p.3007 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

rankamateur wrote:
Does everyone have a favorite lens for shooting wide open? Mine is definitely the 180 ED AI-S. Not necessarily my favorite focal length but for wide open it is by far the sharpest lens I have.

I do! I positively love my 80-200/4.5 (especially on tubes). I like your bunnies. They are cute.

Think I have shown these before...

DSC_6448 by Kevin.Woodard, on Flickr

_DSC8729 by Kevin.Woodard, on Flickr

Edited on Aug 09, 2013 at 10:18 PM · View previous versions

Aug 09, 2013 at 10:13 PM
rattymouse
• • • • •
Account locked
p.3007 #4 · p.3007 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Ronny _Olsson wrote:
Thanks

Grest shot Samy, John ,Ratty,Pillippe ,Rafael, Jose ,chin and Ray

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2887/9472956830_0a9ca5e410_b.jpg
Nikkor 135mm f/2 Ai-s Vivitar Nikon AT-3/AI Extension Tube 36mm by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

WOW!!!!!!!

Aug 09, 2013 at 10:17 PM
kwoodard
• • • •
p.3007 #5 · p.3007 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

rattymouse wrote:
WOW!!!!!!!

No kidding! Ronny, I missed this one... Wow is right!

Aug 09, 2013 at 10:18 PM
rattymouse
• • • • •
Account locked
p.3007 #6 · p.3007 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl wrote:
Both excellent shots Buddy but I'm especially fond of the first one. We can easily construct a story out of that one. I think the D300 can handle the lens but as John reported some time back, it doesn't have the greatest viewfinder for working with MF lenses. It will love you film cameras however... Happy shooting and congratulations.

The great thing about the wide angle lenses, is that unless you are working close, often you never even need to focus! I am surprised at how often I have my 24mm lens nailed to infinity.

Aug 09, 2013 at 10:21 PM
kwoodard
• • • •
p.3007 #7 · p.3007 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Just wanted to share some good news with my friends... When the economy went south a bunch of years ago, I lost my job. I was out of work for a very long time (years) but was able to land a few temporary contractor type jobs to get by. I got a call today that I was offered a full time position working at a different college than I am at currently. I have to deal with traffic now, but it is a SUBSTANTIAL bump in pay and responsibility. I am so excited and grateful that I just had to share with my friends here.

Aug 09, 2013 at 10:22 PM
georgms
• • • •
p.3007 #8 · p.3007 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Just a single frame from several films developed the last few days. My scanner is acting up and my feel for "real" B&W still not back. Thanks to Dylan and Tom for "pushing" film-photography (pun intended).

Kaffe mit Frank von georgsfoto auf Flickr
This is how "Coffee with a friend" looks like ;-) Talking about Linhof-cable-releases and the other important things of life The bad framing is the result of either too much or not enough coffee.
Nikon FM2, Ai-Nikkor 35/1.4 stopped down a bit, Fuji Acros at about 100ASA, Rodinal 1:50 at 22C for 10 minutes

Aug 09, 2013 at 10:23 PM
kwoodard
• • • •
p.3007 #9 · p.3007 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

georgms wrote:
Just a single frame from several films developed the last few days. My scanner is acting up and my feel for "real" B&W still not back. Thanks to Dylan and Tom for "pushing" film-photography (pun intended).
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7328/9475892918_d1242ab7de_o.jpg
This is how "Coffee with a friend" looks like ;-) Talking about Linhof-cable-releases and the other important things of life The bad framing is the result of either too much or not enough coffee.
Nikon FM2, Ai-Nikkor 35/1.4 stopped down a bit, Fuji Acros at about 100ASA, Rodinal 1:50 at 22C for 10 minutes

Don't wear that meter out leaving it unprotected in the sun. I like the shot a lot. I need to do something similar with my gear. I have a lot of "old" gear too. I love it!

Aug 09, 2013 at 10:25 PM
rattymouse
• • • • •
Account locked
p.3007 #10 · p.3007 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

DTOB wrote:
Rodriguez, you say things like "my handheld photo blur does not do it justice". I am afraid it has little to nothing to do with shooting hand-held.

A tripod is not required for a shot like this. Sure you could use one. Or you could use a faster shutterspeed than 1/25th of a second.

According to the details on flickr, you shot it at 1/25th, ISO 200, f1.4 on your 85mm. Bumping up the ISO to 800 would have allowed you to shoot at 1/100th of a second while providing the exact same exposure and likely eliminating all motion blur (providing you
...Show more

Absolutely spot on advice!

Aug 09, 2013 at 10:31 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

rattymouse
• • • • •
Account locked
p.3007 #11 · p.3007 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

georgms wrote:
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7328/9475892918_d1242ab7de_o.jpg

Looks like you have a Fuji GL690. Amazing camera, absolutely beautiful to shoot film with. As good as Nikon manual focus lenses are, I have the softest spot for Fujinon lenses. They are so danged stuffed with contrast it is incredible. Sharp as a tack with oodles of contrast. Built like tanks. You could throw one down a flight of stairs and it would be OK as long as the glass was not hit.

SIGH....another day of 103 degree heat here. I so want to go out shooting for a whole day. This relentless, oppressive heat has to end some day.

Aug 09, 2013 at 10:34 PM
georgms
• • • •
p.3007 #12 · p.3007 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Kevin and Tom - thanks !
The Fujica is wonderful indeed, not machined as nicely as an old Leica, but still an amazing tool. I just have to work out a proper film/developer/exposure/scanning-combination to get more out of the big negatives.
The neat Olympus Pen and the Weston belong to a friend/fellow shooter.

Here's another one from the same roll - I was almost surprised to see that the old 16/3.5 works with an analogue camera too The framing is not really good, I was to busy getting a sunburst.

FM2 + 16/3.5Ai, exposure unrecorded, Acros developed as the shot above

Aug 09, 2013 at 11:01 PM
rattymouse
• • • • •
Account locked
p.3007 #13 · p.3007 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Be sure to post results from your Fuji over in the Alt forum thread, "post your recent film shots"!!

Aug 09, 2013 at 11:05 PM
DesertDiesel

p.3007 #14 · p.3007 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I wandered upon a group of wild horses which roam the open desert areas near river. I have seen a few to as many as two dozen. They are very comfortable with people, to a point. I find moving slowly I can get about 50 ft. close to them. This shot is a 50% crop. These taken with the 200mm Micro-Nikkor in the F11 range.

Wild Horse of Arizona

The Scout, got about a dozen shots of this guy then scurried to his den.

Aug 09, 2013 at 11:24 PM
rankamateur
• • •
p.3007 #15 · p.3007 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

kwoodard wrote:
Just wanted to share some good news with my friends... When the economy went south a bunch of years ago, I lost my job. I was out of work for a very long time (years) but was able to land a few temporary contractor type jobs to get by. I got a call today that I was offered a full time position working at a different college than I am at currently. I have to deal with traffic now, but it is a SUBSTANTIAL bump in pay and responsibility. I am so excited and grateful that I just had to
...Show more

Kevin great news. Being out of work sucks I know your excited and you can buy more lenses!

Aug 09, 2013 at 11:45 PM
kwoodard
• • • •
p.3007 #16 · p.3007 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

rankamateur wrote:
Kevin great news. Being out of work sucks I know your excited and you can buy more lenses!
I wish! I am married with two pre-teen daughters... I don't have any money for lenses! In all seriousness, I usually trade for the lenses I get. Either work or something I might have that they want. I also buy a lot of "broken" items and repair them. I have repaired now 6 lenses and use them regularly. I am wrapping up repairing a flash that I got for free (rescued it from the trash). Will know if it works tonight.

Aug 09, 2013 at 11:55 PM
DTOB
• • •
p.3007 #17 · p.3007 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Bob, those are nice shots but they are being seriously compromised by heavy JPG artifacts.

What did you use to export them?

Aug 09, 2013 at 11:57 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.3007 #18 · p.3007 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I agree with Ron Kevin, this is wonderful news. These have been very challenging times for many folks hit by the recent contraction. A good friend lost all his savings and was only able to save his home by taking in two housemates and going back to work after he'd retired. I'm sure a bit of a commute will feel like a breeze knowing you have a stable job to go to each day. I'm delighted for you and for your family. Congratulations!

Aug 09, 2013 at 11:57 PM
DTOB
• • •
p.3007 #19 · p.3007 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

kwoodard wrote:
I wish! I am married with two pre-teen daughters... I don't have any money for lenses! In all seriousness, I usually trade for the lenses I get. Either work or something I might have that they want. I also buy a lot of "broken" items and repair them. I have repaired now 6 lenses and use them regularly. I am wrapping up repairing a flash that I got for free (rescued it from the trash). Will know if it works tonight.

Kevin, I've got a 35/2.8 AIS that doesn't seem to meter properly on my D700. Works great on my film cameras, but I pretty much use my 28/2 there.

I'll give it another test to see if I can tell what's up. If I recall, it seems to underexpose by a couple of stops, but not consistently. I'll let you know what I find. It's been sitting unused on the shelf for probably a year now...I'm sure if you were to cover the shipping costs, it could find a way into your bag.

Aug 10, 2013 at 12:00 AM
DTOB
• • •
p.3007 #20 · p.3007 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Also, congrats on the new employment.

Aug 10, 2013 at 12:01 AM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell