Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              2989      
       2991              4072       4073       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2990 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Here is a link to his posts Rich... You can always send him a PM as well.

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/recent/rafaelcasd

Jul 01, 2013 at 08:18 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2990 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thank you Ray.

Jul 01, 2013 at 08:22 PM
Ronny _Olsson
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2990 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thanks

John: love that set
Leighton: Great flower shot
Scott and Ray:Relly nice set
Bert:great work with the tubes
Curtis: love the soft flower shot
Matt: Really nice set with lot of feeling
Samy Great bokeh shot
Gerog : Great shot as always
Rafael : Great shot with Nikon 15mm

Nikkor 135mm f/2 Ai-s Vivitar Nikon AT-3/AI Extension Tube 20mm by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

Edited on Jul 01, 2013 at 09:04 PM · View previous versions

Jul 01, 2013 at 08:23 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2990 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Here's the steering wheel that goes with the 66 Vette.

180/2.8 ED AIS by Leighton W, on Flickr

Jul 01, 2013 at 08:25 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.2990 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w wrote:
...Sue's portrait is very well done too, but she looks a little worried. Or is it that you're just pointing a camera at her again?

Actually, she didn't know I was shooting her and when she turned she asked what I was shooting. I caught her mid-speech. Despite all the uncertainty in her life we took Sunday off and had a glorious time. This walk in the woods was so refreshing for us both.

Today she found temporary housing that will be available on August 1. She will stay one month with friends, then move into an apartment at San Francisco Theological Seminary, which is about two blocks from her present home. Hopefully, that will prove a respite until she can find an affordable condominium to buy. In truth, this have been a remarkably graceful process, for which we are both very happy.

Jul 01, 2013 at 08:26 PM
kwoodard
• • • •
p.2990 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl wrote:
Thanks Bert, Leighton and Ray for comments on my D700 - 55 f/1.2 S.C. AI'd "watercolor." That was definitely the feeling I had when I first opened the image. These fast lenses are a delight to use, no doubt.

I meant to comment on those images as well, Curtis. I have seen your images as well as a few others with that same lens and I want one. With as often I use my 50 and wish it had just a tad more reach, I think the 55/1.2 would be perfect.

Jul 01, 2013 at 08:30 PM
kwoodard
• • • •
p.2990 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Ronny _Olsson wrote:
Thanks

John: love that set
Leighton: Great flower shot
Scott and Ray:Relly nice set
Bert:great work with the tubes
Curtis: love the soft flower shot
Matt: Really nice set with lot of feeling
Samy Great bokeh shot
Gerog : Greg shot as always
Rafael : Great shot with Nikon 15mm

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5543/9187357918_9e39616a9a_b.jpg
Nikkor 135mm f/2 Ai-s Vivitar Nikon AT-3/AI Extension Tube 20mm by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

Your mastery of tubes and post work never ceases to amaze me Ronny... Love it!

Jul 01, 2013 at 08:32 PM
pburke
• • •
p.2990 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

rd4tile wrote:
Thanks Curtis, I'll check back and now that I know he shoots with it I can look at some of his previous posts. I am looking for info specifically on the ED AI-S version.

Rich

if you just want to peek at some 50-30mm photos, check this link (it shows many from Rafael, since he hosts his images on Flickr, too)

http://www.flickriver.com/lenses/nikon/50300mmf45ais/

Jul 01, 2013 at 08:47 PM
kwoodard
• • • •
p.2990 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

pburke wrote:
if you just want to peek at some 50-30mm photos, check this link (it shows many from Rafael, since he hosts his images on Flickr, too)

How does one get their pictures to show up like this? Do you have to tag your images in a certain way or do you have to be part of a group?

Jul 01, 2013 at 08:56 PM
raboof
• • •
p.2990 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

My office move went well. One of my servers uptime was 6.5 years. I had to shut it down myself cause I didn't want anyone to take it down.

Looking forward to catch up with the forum tonight.

Jul 01, 2013 at 09:14 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

leighton w
• • • • •
p.2990 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

This was the evening sky yesterday. Taken with the 105/2.5 ais.

105/2.5 AIS by Leighton W, on Flickr

Jul 01, 2013 at 09:35 PM
georgms
• • • •
p.2990 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Ronny, I love not just your masterly taken shots, I really like your your post-processing too. The soft and warm colors on your last shot look wonderful.

Leighton, great work with the 180/2.8! I wrote this already some weeks ago: you could make every market-weekend a 180mm-weekend ;-)

Ray, I really like your "Smoky-set". Great colors and framing. The single tree should make a very nice poster-sized print (or a jigsaw-puzzle ;-).

John, I like the "Wide open space" a lot, just like the dog-images ("A good time in the grass" is my personal fav here).

Matt, just like Leighton I really like the image of Brandon with Summer.

Curtis, love the airy look of your flower-shot with the 55/1.2! The B&W-portrait is very nice too, I like your old-fashioned looking processing.

Rafael, the scrub-oaks are fantastic! I remember your take with the 85/1.8 on these trees and can't make up my mind if I love the super-wide-shots more or the one with the fast 85 ;-)

Bert, your fly-shots are amazing, very nicely done! edit: Your wasp-portraits are even better !

Scott, nice set from the fields! My personal favorite is the very first shot: love the framing and the cloud-shadows on the green.

Samy, I really enjoy your work with the superfast 35! Love how the blossom stands out at the second image.

Jared, welcome! I like your daisy-shots.

Kevin, it's great to see that you've overtaken your photo-funk. The portrait of John is great, I really like the punchy processing. I also like your take on the busts and the butterfly-shot.

Jul 01, 2013 at 09:43 PM
georgms
• • • •
p.2990 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Leighton, wow, now that's a sky!

Jul 01, 2013 at 09:45 PM
georgms
• • • •
p.2990 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

The sun played peekaboo with me today - I went to a place I wanted to shoot in the late afternoon-sun for quite a while now. No chance, the sun was shining bright as long as I was in the car. Stepped out of the car and the sun hid behind some clouds. Time for a coffee back in the car, the sun came out. And so on.

Anyway, here are two cloudy shots:

Rostock Bonsai von georgsfoto auf Flickr
3 stitched horizontal shots taken with the PC 85/2.8D (lens wide open)

Rostock Wucht von georgsfoto auf Flickr
2 horizontal shots with the PC-E 45/2.8D at f/4 stitched to a square
(should have included more of the foreground to get diagonal lines starting at the corners)

Thanks for the kind comments on my past shots, much appreciated!

Jul 01, 2013 at 09:56 PM
rd4tile
• • • •
p.2990 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

pburke wrote:

Thanks for posting that link. His images look really good.

I'm looking at one of these as a dual purpose lens: first to add to my MF glass collection and second as a reasonably priced, tripod mountable zoom to do double duty as a high quality spotting scope (with a Nikon scope converter onboard). I want to be able to go from 5-7X up to 30-40X and there aren't too many other lenses out there that would seem to fit the bill.

I don't want to use my 80-400G with it since it's going to be subject to some abuse. The 50-300 is a little bigger then what I would consider the perfect size but it appears to be built like a tank and it certainly looks to have the IQ one would want in a MF lens when I want to shoot photos with it.

Jul 01, 2013 at 10:08 PM
pburke
• • •
p.2990 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

kwoodard wrote:
How does one get their pictures to show up like this? Do you have to tag your images in a certain way or do you have to be part of a group?

it probably has to be some sort of tag you need to add to each image to have it filtered for a particular lens in the lens explorer subset of it

http://www.flickriver.com/about/

Jul 01, 2013 at 10:24 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2990 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl wrote:
Actually, she didn't know I was shooting her and when she turned she asked what I was shooting. I caught her mid-speech. Despite all the uncertainty in her life we took Sunday off and had a glorious time. This walk in the woods was so refreshing for us both.

Today she found temporary housing that will be available on August 1. She will stay one month with friends, then move into an apartment at San Francisco Theological Seminary, which is about two blocks from her present home. Hopefully, that will prove a respite until she can find an affordable condominium to
...Show more

I hope this all works out...for the both of you!

Jul 01, 2013 at 10:49 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2990 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

georgms wrote:
The sun played peekaboo with me today - I went to a place I wanted to shoot in the late afternoon-sun for quite a while now. No chance, the sun was shining bright as long as I was in the car. Stepped out of the car and the sun hid behind some clouds. Time for a coffee back in the car, the sun came out. And so on.

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3791/9187668500_d1984de825_b.jpg
Rostock Wucht von georgsfoto auf Flickr
2 horizontal shots with the PC-E 45/2.8D at f/4 stitched to a square
(should have included more of the foreground to get diagonal lines starting at the corners)

Thanks
...Show more

Georg, thanks for the kind words. Is this shot WITHOUT any corrections from the lens?

Jul 01, 2013 at 10:55 PM
Matt OHarver
• • • •
p.2990 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w wrote:
This was the evening sky yesterday. Taken with the 105/2.5 ais.

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2806/9188208924_9a1368797d_b.jpg
105/2.5 AIS by Leighton W, on Flickr

Wow!

Jul 02, 2013 at 12:54 AM
Matt OHarver
• • • •
p.2990 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Took an evening off and took a walk with Brandon. I've missed our walks. All taken with the 85MM some with the PK-13.

MJO_2654 by MattOphotog, on Flickr

MJO_2646 by MattOphotog, on Flickr

MJO_2639 by MattOphotog, on Flickr

MJO_2636 by MattOphotog, on Flickr

Jul 02, 2013 at 12:56 AM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password