FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              2982      
       2984              5891       5892       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Foggy14
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2983 #1 · p.2983 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thanks for the kind comments on the reef and bird of paradise shots.

Dylan, very nice work with the 55/1.2.

Rafael, really like your cruising shots with the 16/3.5. Great colors and perspective.

Philippe, the fountain with the 180/2.8 was beautifully done.

Ray, love the b&w landscape. Great skies in the Circle Bar shots.

RM, great work with the 50/1.2 and very nice Temple shots with the 24/2.

Steve, more terrific street shots. "Kids and water" is really nice. Also, the b&w cloud shots are very fine.

Zippy, really like the old street car.

Jay, I like the look of the old fishing gear. Great dog!

Kevin, nice ones from Sacramento. The b&w of the singer/guitarist is very nice. The color runners look like zombies.

Jose, great fog and I love the sunset colors.

Bert, very cool antique treatment of your Cape Cod photo.

Welcome Louis, wonderful light and bokeh on your 80-200/4.5 shots.

Chuong, love the passion fruit shot!

Leighton, very nice flowers and the b&w of the smiling guitarist is terrific.

Sam, very cool stamps.

Aug 04, 2013 at 05:33 PM
adh67
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2983 #2 · p.2983 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl wrote:
Bert, I love the way you chose to process that image. Clearly, the creative choices we have are pretty extensive given the software available to us. You and Leighton saw different possibilities. Here is my take with a subtle color enhancement followed by a treatment using SEP.

The original...

Thx Curtis, I like both the conversions, but the black and white really stands out. I am not sure if it is the historic subject, but for me that scene just gets a little extra when done in B&W.
I really like this exercise, and It is really great to see how people have different interpretations of the same scene.

Bert

Aug 04, 2013 at 05:35 PM
adh67
• • •
p.2983 #3 · p.2983 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

MDoc9523 wrote:
I have always used jpeg and I got used to it. I never really saw the need for the extra size and bother. Perhaps if my photos were for anyone but me I might buy extra hard drives and shoot raw. For now I am content with my work flow and if some sliders don't work I will just have to get better at taking the photos

For me shooting raw is not so much so In can do more PP, but more a safety net, the fact that you can d more with the pictures in PP is an added bonus.
The main advantage (imho) of raw over jpg is the fact that you can tweak white balance and exposure after the fact. To me that has came in handy quite a few times especially on photos taken at places I am not likely to be able to visit again.

Bert

Aug 04, 2013 at 05:43 PM
designdog
• •
p.2983 #4 · p.2983 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

raboof wrote:
Some shots from FL editing on a laptop with ViewNX2.

Passion fruit flower. 25-50mm f4 AI

http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22102440/FRED/DSC_0052_01.jpg

This little guy is playing in the backyard.

http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22102440/FRED/DSC_0027.jpg

Very nice! One of my favorite lenses, purchased from a member here. Not the sharpest, but it somehow makes more keepers than anything else. Well done!

Aug 04, 2013 at 05:55 PM
saph
• • • •
p.2983 #5 · p.2983 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Morning dew on red flower. 85 1.8 HC with PK-11A, at f/5.6.

Aug 04, 2013 at 07:24 PM
Lieutenant Z
• • • •
p.2983 #6 · p.2983 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Samy, Leighton, Ray, Dylan, nice images from you guys lately.

From the village of Grimentz, canton de Valais, Switzerland, with 50/1.8 ais:

Aug 04, 2013 at 07:28 PM
MDoc9523
• • • • •
p.2983 #7 · p.2983 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

As soon as I figure out how to share my photos for edit on dropbox I will post some that I found difficult. Here is my edit of Rinies Nikki photo

Aug 04, 2013 at 07:34 PM
leighton w
• • • • • •
p.2983 #8 · p.2983 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Samy, love the early morning light in this one.

And speaking of light...Philippe, you've nailed it in these two!

Aug 04, 2013 at 07:34 PM
leighton w
• • • • • •
p.2983 #9 · p.2983 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

MDoc9523 wrote:

As soon as I figure out how to share my photos for edit on dropbox I will post some that I found difficult. Here is my edit of Rinies Nikki photo

http://raysteele.zenfolio.com/img/s10/v112/p1649502290-5.jpg

Very well done Ray. But I'm still going to try to talk you into shooting raw!

Aug 04, 2013 at 07:36 PM
leighton w
• • • • • •
p.2983 #10 · p.2983 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

We were able to take a walk today for the first time in 5 months since my heel started acting up. It was nice to see the neighborhood again. Here's a few with the 105/2.5 AIS. I know the tractor isn't green, but it looks pretty good all the same.

I can't get over how sharp this lens is at f8.

105/2.5 AIS by Leighton W, on Flickr

Aug 04, 2013 at 07:39 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

MDoc9523
• • • • •
p.2983 #11 · p.2983 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I wouldn't expect anything less
By the way I used the grad filter on this photo but it didn't do a good job in between the branches of the tree any tricks to fixing that?

Aug 04, 2013 at 07:40 PM
leighton w
• • • • • •
p.2983 #12 · p.2983 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

MDoc9523 wrote:
I wouldn't expect anything less
By the way I used the grad filter on this photo but it didn't do a good job in between the branches of the tree any tricks to fixing that?

Yea, usually when I have to work around trees and the like, I just use the brush. But be careful with the Auto Mask function. Sometimes it will leave artifacts around the edges so I leave it off most of the time.

Aug 04, 2013 at 07:44 PM
MDoc9523
• • • • •
p.2983 #13 · p.2983 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w wrote:
Yea, usually when I have to work around trees and the like, I just use the brush. But be careful with the Auto Mask function. Sometimes it will leave artifacts around the edges so I leave it off most of the time.

Cool thanks for the tip. BTW love the red tractor. Those are very popular around here and the flower photo is really sharp with great colors.

Aug 04, 2013 at 07:55 PM
Ronny Olsson
• • • • •
p.2983 #14 · p.2983 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Great shot everyone

NIKKOR 180mm f/2.8 ED AI-s Vivitar Nikon AT-3/AI Extension Tube 36mm by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

NIKKOR 180mm f/2.8 ED AI-s Vivitar Nikon AT-3/AI Extension Tube 36mm by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

Nikkor 135mm f/2 Ai-s Vivitar Nikon AT-3/AI Extension Tube 20mm by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

Edited on Aug 04, 2013 at 08:17 PM · View previous versions

Aug 04, 2013 at 08:07 PM
Oosty
• • • •
p.2983 #15 · p.2983 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Plenty of pages in a day!

Interesting the RAW vs JPEG discussion.

I'd be interested to hear how ruthlessly other RAW shooters cull unacceptable images and/or ever return to process the files that aren't culled but which will be processed "on a rainy day". I'm a very "stingy" shooter which is probably a hangover from 40 years of film shooting but I still have about 14000 shots in the last 6 years, many of which are unedited but not deleted because it's too much like work.

What do the heavy shooters like PeterB do? Where do they find time to even have a first look at all the shots they take?

Aug 04, 2013 at 08:12 PM
saph
• • • •
p.2983 #16 · p.2983 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Mark, happy Swiss national day (belated), and I really liked especially the last fireworks image.

Tom, great ongoing series from Shanghai and very interesting photo story on the insect market.

Peter (Knysna), great use of the 28 PC with the church and manor panos!

Matt, be well.

Lieutenant Z, that's the deepest blue sky I have seen from your daughter's picture. And what a place to hang out in for a vacation. Your latest two images, especially the one with the flowers outside the cottage are superb.

Kevin, delicious pink flower with the 80-200 zoom. And the antique man with the funny neckwear is well captured.

Steve, liked the London street images as well as the ready to fly baby robin with the 500 F4P.

Jeff, superb image of the flowing water. Nice soft colors.

Ray, loved the conversion in the sky b&w photo.

Rafael, very neat antique look of the tractor.

Jay, liked the antique images with the 50 f/2.

Jose, neat foggy look at Sao Paolo and very striking colors in the sky.

Bert, loved your faded b&w conversion!

Chuong, great pic of the passion fruit flower.

Sam, very cool stamp collection!

Dylan, the stairway shot at the Canadian Museum of Nature was super.

Leighton, cool perspective and the market looks like a happening place. Did you lie down prone on the ground to get that or just leave your camera there and used a remote And love the tractor and white fence scenery!

Ronny, superb arthropods in flight pictures!

And thanks folks for the comments on the recent flower pics.

Aug 04, 2013 at 08:12 PM
saph
• • • •
p.2983 #17 · p.2983 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I have found the only way to "cull" in the digital world is just be a stingy shooter. I also now look through the LCD before downloading pics and try to "cull" ones I think are not the best of the lot.

I did get to the point where my laptop was out of space recently, and I had been wondering why it was slowing down so much.

Oosty wrote:

I'd be interested to hear how ruthlessly other RAW shooters cull unacceptable images and/or ever return to process the files that aren't culled but which will be processed "on a rainy day". I'm a very "stingy" shooter which is probably a hangover from 40 years of film shooting but I still have about 14000 shots in the last 6 years, many of which are unedited but not deleted because it's too much like work.

What do the heavy shooters like PeterB do? Where do they find time to even have
...Show more

Aug 04, 2013 at 08:15 PM
leighton w
• • • • • •
p.2983 #18 · p.2983 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Oosty wrote:

What do the heavy shooters like PeterB do? Where do they find time to even have
...Show more

Peter, I only process the images I want to share right away. Then I'll come back later to take a look at others. The beauty with shooting raw and using LR is that LR is non-destructive to raw files. I can change the image a thousand times with no loss of IQ. Whereas every time you open and close a jpeg, you loose a little IQ.

One more thing about LR. If you have lot's of images to process you can EASILY batch process them.

Aug 04, 2013 at 08:22 PM
leighton w
• • • • • •
p.2983 #19 · p.2983 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

saph wrote:
Leighton, cool perspective and the market looks like a happening place. Did you lie down prone on the ground to get that or just leave your camera there and used a remote And love the tractor and white fence scenery!

Thanks Samy. I just laid the camera on a towel and set the focus with the focus scale on the lens.

Aug 04, 2013 at 08:25 PM
leighton w
• • • • • •
p.2983 #20 · p.2983 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

One of the neighbors porch, a good place to sit and have a beer in the afternoon.

Aug 04, 2013 at 08:28 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password