Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              2886      
       2888              4361       4362       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Kry27
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2887 #1 · p.2887 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Wonderful work, all!!!

Back from 14 days in Mauritius, which is why I could only read and look at your wonderful pictures a bit, but not post/show images myself. By now, I got a ton of shots to process...

First, let's start with a few taken back home, this weekend, bringing out the 180 again...

May 27, 2013 at 07:58 AM
MarkdV
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2887 #2 · p.2887 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Sehr schönste bilder Roland. I love the first one, the expression on the child's face is wonderful and then I noticed what looks like a man standing on the river in the background.
I hope you saw the sun in the Mauritius, according to this morning's '20 Minuten' you won't see it around here this week.

May 27, 2013 at 09:14 AM
bruni
• • •
p.2887 #3 · p.2887 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w wrote:
Congrats on another one. But you need this like you need another hole in your head!

I don't like to agree with Leighton - but when he's right, he's right. Congrats, I guess. (I just put a deposit of the zeiss 135m f2 so I can't talk)

ben

May 27, 2013 at 09:21 AM
Kry27
• •
p.2887 #4 · p.2887 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thank you, Mark

Yeah, we "mentally prepared" on our flights home for what is about the worst "spring" one can have... Almost a shame.

But then, right now, the sun IS ACTUALLY SHINING in Frauenfeld. Incredible!

The man is paddling on a one man boat, a bit like a surf board, in a ... Canadian (?) style? One stands while paddling...

May 27, 2013 at 09:24 AM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2887 #5 · p.2887 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Doug - Haven't had the chance to welcome you...welcome! Love your last shot with the Noct. Also, when Curtis throws out the line of "kit building is FOREVER", hold on tight to your wallet.

Kevin - Beautiful work with 135 Q, you've mad me VERY interested.

Rafael - Elfin forest looks like a great place to explore.

Roland - Welcome back, good to see your work again. I love the first one in your set.

May 27, 2013 at 09:40 AM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2887 #6 · p.2887 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w wrote:
I think the person who names them all correctly should win them!

CGrindahl wrote:
]
135 f/2.8 Q.C. AI'd purchased at auction on E-Bay. Bjorn is a fan... though I'm crazy...

leighton w wrote:
Congrats on another one. But you need this like you need another hole in your head!

bruni wrote:
I don't like to agree with Leighton - but when he's right, he's right. Congrats, I guess. (I just put a deposit of the zeiss 135m f2 so I can't talk)

ben

Hmmm...I'm not sure how to take that.

May 27, 2013 at 09:41 AM
MarkdV
• • •
p.2887 #7 · p.2887 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

The sun may be shining today in Frauenfeld but yesterday it was damp to say the least so another day at Technorama (season ticket already paid for itself.)

This time with the 50mm 1.2

Plasma tube

Two photos showing the effect of a polarising filter change of angle. Now you see spirals

Now you don't

Young explorers

BUBBLES!

May 27, 2013 at 10:05 AM
Kry27
• •
p.2887 #8 · p.2887 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Technorama rocks. Grew up within walking distance...

May 27, 2013 at 10:43 AM
saph
• • • •
p.2887 #9 · p.2887 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Mark, great to see young minds exploring and I like that plasma tube. Roland, very nice b&ws around town (or are those sepia?). Look forward to seeing the Mauritius snaps!

Ronny, you keep on finding new uses for the 135 and 180, now its snails The first one, and the last one with only the eye in focus, are the best!

Kevin, beautiful flowers with the 135Q. Rafael, love that last one with the flare+ghosts from the 20UD. I don't get such sharp results with mine. But I should put it into use for those green ghosts again.

Leighton, those strawberries look scrumptious!! And I just saw the landscape with the haying tractor, that's frame-worthy!

Curtis, that's 33 I counted. This is a pure disease, nothing else I am at right at my one year anniversary of manual lenses and I have 22. That's it, I am done!

Peter (Madison), love the vintage B&Ws, particularly the abandoned school bathroom. And terrific, you got the 600 f4! And I am still amazed you can handle the weight. My 500 F4P is only half the weight of the 600.

Doug, cool images with the Noct! Hope to see more of the unique Noct magic.

Georg, the close up of the young athletes with the 85 PC is superb.

May 27, 2013 at 01:52 PM
saph
• • • •
p.2887 #10 · p.2887 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Made it to Easton and St. Michaels across the Chesapeake Bay in Maryland this weekend. Here's a few from the trip.

Memorial Day exhibit on the road between Easton and St. Michaels. 28 3.5 PC, a bit of post in PSE attempting to add some vintage graininess.

Starfighter Vietnam War era, taken with a 1967 55 1.2S.

Jaguar ornament, St. Michaels, 105 2.5P, Sonnar version, about 1967.

And the next two are a Mustang with the 55 1.2S

May 27, 2013 at 01:58 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

saph
• • • •
p.2887 #11 · p.2887 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

A bit of Chesapeake Bay history at St. Michaels. There's a Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum in the small town. These three are from a crab factory exhibit at the museum, taken with the 55 1.2S. Crab meat is a Maryland specialty.

Inside the factory exhibit.

Interesting history.

Crabs (plastic) on an assembly line. The contraption was meant to pick out the shell.

May 27, 2013 at 02:08 PM
saph
• • • •
p.2887 #12 · p.2887 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Hope these are not too many images in a row. Here's a couple more from around the museum.

A historic lighthouse, 28 3.5 PC.

Scene out on the water at the museum, 105 2.5P, Sonnar version.

May 27, 2013 at 02:14 PM
saph
• • • •
p.2887 #13 · p.2887 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

And lastly, three from around St. Michaels, including a door for Leighton.

Yellow GMC, 28 3.5 PC.

Trash n Treasure, 105 2.5 P Sonnar version

Door, 105 2.5P Sonnar (no crop, wide open, should probably have stopped down a bit)

May 27, 2013 at 02:21 PM
3D.Doug
• • •
p.2887 #14 · p.2887 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I guess this is an offshoot of NAS Curtis. (Nikon Acquisition Syndrome) Well, believe me, I know all about NAS. I have been through a lot of lenses since around 2006 or whenever it was the D200 came out. That's when I started DSLR. I was actually on board with Nikon with 2 other cameras that preceeded the D200. they were mostly single lens jobs. /i think they were the first Coolpix cameras, one was a 5800 I think.The 5800 died, that was a raw deal, I paid good money for it, babied, it and it still died. Long time ago now... My first digital was an Olympus that didn't even accept memory cards. So I have been doing digital a long time. Film? I started with a Minolta srt-101, then later a Minolta X700. Never Nikon film, I wish I had... I can't remember if those 101 initials are right. maybe.

That is a heck of a collection Curtis. Myself, I m split between two camps now, Nikon and Leica. I like the compactness of Leica, but I will keep 1 leg in Nikon as well. I have a D800E coming soon, and just inked a deal for a replacement 28mm 1.4d. not manual, but very desirable. I will take a few of the most desirable lenses for nikon when I shoot nikon, but never 2 or 3 backpack fulls again. I'm over that.

May 27, 2013 at 03:04 PM
Oosty
• • • •
p.2887 #15 · p.2887 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Ray - the butterflies are awesome

Leighton - I guessed - the farmer's market! Great shots.

Samy - love 'em all. And isn't St Michaels a great place? Salivating over the crab!!

May 27, 2013 at 04:35 PM
georgms
• • • •
p.2887 #16 · p.2887 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Roland, sehr schoene Serie (auch im 28/85er Thread)! I really like the first shot and the Fachwerkhaus!

Mark, very nice set from the Technorama! My personal fav is the bubbles-shot.

Samy, the area around the Chesapeake Bay must be beautiful, your fine pictures makes me wanna visit Maryland. I like especially the car-close-ups and the B&W-water-scene.

Kevin, what a beautiful demonstration of the 135Q's performance!

Rafael, love the second shot with the 20/3.5 UD! My copy of this lens is unfortunately fogged somehow, I don't know if I should have a good local repairman take a look at it...

May 27, 2013 at 04:54 PM
Oosty
• • • •
p.2887 #17 · p.2887 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Ronny - the snails are terrific

Curtis - enjoy the new lens (BTW if you sold them all you could probably buy a house in Marin county )

Kevin - love them both

May 27, 2013 at 06:55 PM
Foggy14
• • •
p.2887 #18 · p.2887 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Ronny, gorgeous flowers!

Philip, "reaching" is a very special photo.

Doug, I really like the tones you captured in your low light shots.

Jorge, great b&w flag shots.

Ray, beautiful butterflies!

Leighton, great produce shots and the "haying" photo with the fences really rings my bell.

Curtis, that's quite an impressive collection. I plan to show your picture to my wife the next time she says I have too much gear.

Mark, very nice "walkabout" shots.

Peter in Madison, great ones from the "shoe box."

Kevin, very nice flowers.

Roland, love the b&w bike shot.

Samy, really like your Memorial Day, Mustang and yellow GMC shots.

Edited on May 27, 2013 at 06:58 PM · View previous versions

May 27, 2013 at 06:57 PM
Oosty
• • • •
p.2887 #19 · p.2887 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Mark - nice pics. I also like # 2

Peter - good pics

May 27, 2013 at 06:57 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.2887 #20 · p.2887 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

bruni wrote:

ben

Now let's see Ben... Zeiss 135 f/2 for $2,122 with free shipping from B&H or a Nikon 135 f/2.8 Q.C. AI'd for $124 plus $15 shipping from E-Bay... mmm... At least you appreciate that you're experiencing your own version of insanity, just a more expensive version...

Of course, I'd likely have to admit that were I still working I'd be tempted by many lenses and cameras. But I'm not. Fortunately, I've been blessed in finding such an incredibly good camera, the D700 and a wide range of very good lenses that can be bought for a relative pittance.

May 27, 2013 at 08:09 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password