Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              2861      
       2863              4069       4070       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

saph
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2862 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Peter (Knysa) and Ray, beautiful sunsets from two very distant parts of the world. Ray, the horizon with the 35 is very very straight, no distortion!

Scott, very nice scenery upstate scenery with the 105 micro. Haven't seen much from it on this thread.

Curtis, the first yellow and blue flower is delicious.

Peter (Wisconsin), enjoying the images from your 55 1.2! And just came across your top of the world pano. I think I see Ben peeking out from down under

Jeff, beautiful bokeh behind the red flower with both the 50 1.2 and the 105 2.5.

Paul, liked the antique car shots and the cow, and the tulips, as well as the canal b&w. For the cow image you were lying down in the grass and the cow's wondering what's going on?

Ronny, looks like the bee freezes for you to take its picture Very nice again.

Ben, very nice colorful panos of the waterfront scene with Nikki.

Reagan, liked the middle shot of the path and the orange holding wall.

Jose, great comparison among your 85 family. The f2 is certainly the poorer cousin among the lot.

May 16, 2013 at 09:12 AM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2862 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

georgms wrote:
Leighton, is the new radial filter something like a customizable vignetting?

Sort of, but it does much more than that. Such as the ability to invert the area and apply all the standard sliders that the healing brush offers.

I love your zoo shots, very sharp, especially the first one.

May 16, 2013 at 09:43 AM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2862 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

mp356 wrote:
Leighton, nice saturated colors in this.

Thank you Scott.

May 16, 2013 at 09:44 AM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2862 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

pburke wrote:
I took the 55mm f1.2 for a quick spin around the office on campus for a few frames - all on D600 handheld, most outdoor shots with linear Marumi Polarizer

f/2.0 1/1250s ISO 100

http://didnt.doit.wisc.edu/photo/forum_pix/fredmiranda/55mmf1.2/DSC_1895_web.jpg

I really like this one, you're gonna love this lens, there's so many options on how to use it.

May 16, 2013 at 09:47 AM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2862 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl wrote:

Very nice set Georg. I really like how you process these images. In my flower mode, which is active at the moment, I can't even consider black and white. I can to bark but flowers simply call for color.

Here's a shot from today's ramble. I decided to mount an extension tube on the 00 f/4 Q.C. AI'd and pulled the Vivitar 36mm out of the cabinet. This was shot wide open, hand held as always, uncropped. A bird of paradise up close...

http://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-TmBdfFa9hKg/UZRgfalDICI/AAAAAAAAU_8/pmN-qsBfwo8/s1000/200.QC.36.ParadiseClose.jpg

Simply gorgeous Curtis. The colors and composition is top notch.

May 16, 2013 at 09:48 AM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2862 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

MDoc9523 wrote:

We went to the beach today on Honeymoon Island. Here is a shot of tonights glorious sunset with the D600 and 35mm 1.4

http://raysteele.zenfolio.com/img/s8/v79/p1604009600-5.jpg

Beautiful Ray!

May 16, 2013 at 09:50 AM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2862 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Georg, Getting back to the use of the radial filter in LR5. Here's a video explaining the use of this great addition to LR. There's two more additions they added to make the upgrade a no-brainer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrVMdJ0pVug

May 16, 2013 at 09:53 AM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2862 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

As promised, here's a link to ALL the Nikki images arranged in alphabetical order. Enjoy!

Around the World with a Nikon Lens

May 16, 2013 at 10:24 AM
Paul Gabel
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2862 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

saph wrote:
Paul, liked the antique car shots and the cow, and the tulips, as well as the canal b&w. For the cow image you were lying down in the grass and the cow's wondering what's going on?

Thank you Samy. I was walking on a path slightly lower than the meadow the cows were on, giving a nice perspective.

May 16, 2013 at 10:27 AM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2862 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

***** BLOG UPDATE *****

HERE'S THE FINAL POST OF THE BLOG.

http://aroundtheworldwithanikonlens.blogspot.com/2013/05/a-final-word.html

May 16, 2013 at 10:33 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
p.2862 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thanks for all the work done on this Leighton!

leighton w wrote:
***** BLOG UPDATE *****

HERE'S THE FINAL POST OF THE BLOG.

http://aroundtheworldwithanikonlens.blogspot.com/2013/05/a-final-word.html

May 16, 2013 at 11:04 AM
deang001
• • •
p.2862 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w wrote:
Playing around with LR5 Beta. I love this new radial filter.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7292/8741440031_44f2346d97_c.jpg
80-200/4.5 AI by Leighton W, on Flickr

Very nice, Leighton ... gives it a 3D look. Looks like a interesting filter.

Is the LR 5 beta stable? You can't have both versions going at once can you?

I'm finding some controlled vignetting also gives a 3D look ... much like Peter's hydrant 3-4 pages ago.

May 16, 2013 at 11:47 AM
deang001
• • •
p.2862 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

NightOwl Cat wrote:
Thanks for all the work done on this Leighton!

Ditto.

You have done such a great job !!!

May 16, 2013 at 11:49 AM
pburke
• • •
p.2862 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl wrote:
I think you should keep the 55 Peter, especially at that price. It is a versatile lens and a nice focal length for walking around campus. Wonderful set with a bit of whimsy, which is always welcome. I've only visited Madison once and that a weekend jaunt with a bunch of college friends from Minneapolis. I grew up in Richfield, a suburb to the south of the city but left a long time ago for warmer climes... Seeing your mountain photos it is clear you have no aversion to snow and cold, but actually seek it out. I don't
...Show more

thanks Curtis, I do plan to keep the lens, although it is not going on any mountain climbs. Regarding cold - Minnesota is stupid cold and literally in a different climate zone (Madison is that little greed dot at the bottom of WI in this map). We don't have natural air conditioning here like you do, but you can dress for the cold, not for 100F with 100% humidity. Biggest advantage of the cold - it kills bugs dead once a year. The winters are just a little too long for me - I grew up in central Germany where the trees get green in April. We are just starting to see the trees get leafs here in mid May now.

Finally spring - even in the concrete canyons downtown (55mm again)

we even have flowers now

Edited on May 16, 2013 at 03:54 PM · View previous versions

May 16, 2013 at 01:22 PM
designdog
• •
p.2862 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Hello!

I am interested in extending my reach with my Nikon MF lenses a bit. Want to get an extender for macro photography, and a conversion for telephoto.

The lenses I have now that are best candidates for this are the 105 2.5 AI-s, the 135 2.8 AI-s, and the 180 2.8ED AI-s. Obviously, I will want to use the tele convertor on the 180 (if possible) and maybe it is the best candidate for macro as well.

What say you?

PS. Have a 50-135 3.5 AI-s coming soon!

May 16, 2013 at 03:07 PM
MDoc9523
• • • •
p.2862 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Rafael you have an amazing collection of lenses beautifully displayed!
Phillippe love the colors in your boat photo. I can see how this caught your eye.
Leighton you have done a wonderful job with the Nikki Blog. Very professionally done!
Peter those autos are beautiful and the pano sunset - amazing!
Leighton I guess I am going to have to get Lightroom 5 cause that looks cool!
Georg great photos especially the camels. I love going to the zoo!
Peter these photos are among your best especially the water photo and the building glass - so cool!
Curtis the bird of paradise is just wonderful - such color!
Thank you leighton and Samy. I really enjoyed using the 35mm at the beach. I used very minor post work.

May 16, 2013 at 03:31 PM
georgms
• • • •
p.2862 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Samy, Scott, Peter, Curtis and Leighton - thanks for your words on the zoo-shots!

Peter, the lemur (a "she", she even carries a newborn under her belly) was for the very first time on the new open-air enclosure.
Every crow at the sky made her running for cover - these animals need some time to be comfortable with their new home. The eyes are always amazing.

Here's another shot from the zoo - no animals this time, just some fresh green in B&W ;-)

I've tried a light processing here - 35/1.4 at about f/8 on the V1
It's just another experiment to create a sunburst/sunstar with an unsharp background.

May 16, 2013 at 03:33 PM
georgms
• • • •
p.2862 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Ray, thanks for your comment! Yes, going to the zoo is wisely spent time ;-)
Your sunset is gorgeous, the wet beach looks like liquid metal.

May 16, 2013 at 03:35 PM
georgms
• • • •
p.2862 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Peter, great stuff taken with the venerable 55/1.2! I really love the "bokeh-berry" and the "tracks to nirvana".

May 16, 2013 at 03:40 PM
pburke
• • •
p.2862 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Not no expert on teleconverters for the 180, but I am sure something will fit, even if it is made by Kenko. For macro, just about any tube will do - for longer lenses you will need longer tubes, for wide angles very thin extenders. Usually they come in a set of various lengths. Pretty much any brand will do - there's nothing special about these things unless you want to use AF lenses as well, which is when you need extenders that pass the pin contacts through to the body.

May 16, 2013 at 03:46 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password