Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              2847      
       2849              4049       4050       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

mp356
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2848 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl wrote:

A trio of photos from two days ago, taken with the 200 f/4 Q.C. AI'd which has actually been removed from the camera and is not in the camera bag. Now all I have to do is get out and shoot...

http://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-uSLbgmfd4N0/UYiVNdcUZ0I/AAAAAAAAUuM/qHn6WQVLWUE/s1000/200.QC.CalaLilySunClose.jpg

Wonderful image Curtis. With all the great talent on this thread at taking flower images, the FM WA is custom tailored for this group!

May 09, 2013 at 04:23 PM
mp356
• • • •
p.2848 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

bruni wrote:
Leighton - I haven't forgotten your urging - a couple of stitches with nikki

ben

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7381/8722163771_0d8fe88624_b.jpg
Observatory Hill - nikon 85mm f1.8 HC by benmorgan28, on Flickr

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7396/8722121487_beb0299e05_b.jpg
nikon 85mm f1.8 HC by benmorgan28, on Flickr

Ben these are both very nice. Good to see Nikki out and about.

May 09, 2013 at 04:24 PM
pbraymond
• • •
p.2848 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

What wonderful postings and images this past week. I've only popped in here and there and am now too far behind to want to catch up on commenting, but I'll comment on the most recent pics (like last couple of pages)

Nice nightime panoramic with Nikki, Ben.
Leighton, the B+W after the rain stopped is gorgeous. Super lighting on the cloud.
Phillipe, I enjoyed the two "Sisters" images. Nicely done!

May 09, 2013 at 04:38 PM
Lieutenant Z
• • • •
p.2848 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thanks Samy, Chuong, Georg, Laura, Scott, Ray.

As Frédéric Mistral said , "when God comes to doubt the world, he remembers that he has created Provence".

NIKON D700    28mm    f/11.0    1/200s    640 ISO    0.0 EV  

NIKON D700    28mm    f/5.6    1/200s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  

NIKON D700    85mm    f/5.6    1/1250s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  

NIKON D700    180mm    f/5.6    1/1000s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  

May 09, 2013 at 05:03 PM
Mishu01
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2848 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Greetings all! I enjoy all your great contribution to the thread with the sorrow that I have no time to join the party... at least not for now In ten days I am scheduled for my hip replacement surgery and lot of things needs to be done in advance, both on my private and my professional life. I just wanted to greet you all, to congrats you for the unbelievable quality of the images. Keep them coming and remember that someone here is watching you

Oh... and another reason to stop... Curtis, the cost of properties in Romania is quite down at this time and there are people like Charles, the former husband of Lady Di who are in love for the old rural area, especially in Transylvania, purchasing properties there... You and Sue can have a great experience moving here... the speed of internet is higher and the photographic opportunities are very rich... Also, if you decide to move here I promise to share with you the use of my beloved Noct

May 09, 2013 at 07:42 PM
jhinkey
• • • • •
p.2848 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Lieutenant Z wrote:
Thanks Samy, Chuong, Georg, Laura, Scott, Ray.

As Frédéric Mistral said , "when God comes to doubt the world, he remembers that he has created Provence".

Where were these taken at LZ?

They remind me of the shore line around the little town of Cassis on the Med. that I visited 20 years ago while attending a technical conference in Marseille . . .

May 09, 2013 at 08:01 PM
jhinkey
• • • • •
p.2848 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Mishu01 wrote:
Greetings all! I enjoy all your great contribution to the thread with the sorrow that I have no time to join the party... at least not for now In ten days I am scheduled for my hip replacement surgery and lot of things needs to be done in advance, both on my private and my professional life. I just wanted to greet you all, to congrats you for the unbelievable quality of the images. Keep them coming and remember that someone here is watching you

Oh... and another reason to stop... Curtis, the cost of properties in Romania is
...Show more

I think there needs to be a poll started as to where Curtis should move to . . .

May 09, 2013 at 08:02 PM
bruni
• • •
p.2848 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thank you very much - Ronny, Scott, Leighton, Ray.

Mihai - all the best for the upcoming op. Good idea to put Curtis in Transylvania.

ben

May 09, 2013 at 08:09 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2848 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thanks Ray and Peter. Peter, I think I used everything BUT the red filter.

May 09, 2013 at 08:22 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2848 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Mishu01 wrote:

Oh... and another reason to stop... Curtis, the cost of properties in Romania is
...Show more

Gosh, I'd move to your neighborhood to use that lens!

May 09, 2013 at 08:23 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

leighton w
• • • • •
p.2848 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Mishu01 wrote:

...Show more
jhinkey wrote:
I think there needs to be a poll started as to where Curtis should move to . . .

Good idea John. I'll start and say he ought to move to the Shenandoah Valley.

May 09, 2013 at 08:24 PM
bruni
• • •
p.2848 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w wrote:

OK, I was fine with Transylvania - but the Shenandoah Valley works for me too - anywhere but Sydney!

ben

May 09, 2013 at 08:32 PM
Mishu01
• • • •
p.2848 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

jhinkey wrote:

Good idea John!

Note for myself: Need to talk with some Romanian hackers

bruni wrote:
Mihai - all the best for the upcoming op. Good idea to put Curtis in Transylvania.

ben

Thanks Ben! Good to see you voting for me!

leighton w wrote:
Gosh, I'd move to your neighborhood to use that lens!

You're welcomed! Farming land is of good quality here and apart of that I think lamb is the best meat for me We can work somehow on a partnership

May 09, 2013 at 08:49 PM
asiostygius
• • • •
p.2848 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thanks Jeff, Ronny, Mark and Georg.

Yes Phillip, it was the 105/2.8 MF micro;

Jeff, fantastic "clouds & light" capture;

Ronny, if that is possible, your last flower is better than the others!!!

Leighton, loved the flooding set and the "after the storm" image;

Mark, another great Lago di Garda set and great history lesson;

Philippe, beautiful Provence set;

Peter B, loved the natural lokking HDRs, and congrats on your new old 55/1.2S;

Curtis, I'm glad I was the culprit of your "infection" by the 200/4 QC

Ben, loved Nikki's nightscapes;

Mihai, hope you have the nicest and "smoothest" surgery in the world.

Edited on May 09, 2013 at 11:40 PM · View previous versions

May 09, 2013 at 11:28 PM
jhinkey
• • • • •
p.2848 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w wrote:

The obvious thing about Curtis is that he'd take fantastic images wherever he and Sue end up . . .

May 09, 2013 at 11:34 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.2848 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I appreciate all the suggestions for where Sue and I might land. I'll admit John, that after your note last evening I found myself perusing real estate listings in Puget Sound. If we went to the Olympic Peninsula we could likely pull it off. Seattle is certainly a gorgeous place but a move like that would be a much bigger deal than heading to Florida simply because Sue's family will offer their support. Sue's mom is getting on in years and there is something appealing to her about being close right now. Of course, she can do that occasionally with visits but since it appears a move will happen, it may as well be there. At the moment she is searching Marin high and low.

And Mihai, Sue and I have definitely talked about the possibility of spending a few years in Florida and then moving on. I don't think winter will ever be on the radar for us, so as much as Ben wants to send me to Transylvania with a wooden stake... I don't think it will happen...

This shot was taken in the San Geronimo Valley about five miles from where i live. It would be hard to leave, no doubt...

The high temperature today was 69 degrees, moderated by the fog you see above the distant hills. Seasons here are quite subtly defined. In winter those hills will be green but as summer approaches they lose their color. The few hot days we had a short while ago wiped out color in the hills but left it on the meadows.

For those curious... this was shot with an old favorite, the 35 f/1.4 AI-s. The 200 f/4 Q.C. remains on a shelf... yes, Jose you are the devil who made me do it...

May 10, 2013 at 12:41 AM
MDoc9523
• • • •
p.2848 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Best of luck Mahai you are in our prayers!
Haven't been around much recently - hectic time. Here's a photo I took a while back and finally got a sec to edit. Shot with the D600 and 300mm 4.5 EDIF

May 10, 2013 at 01:13 AM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.2848 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Nicely done Ray... great color on his back.

Here's another shot from the San Geronimo Valley, this one in the small town of Forest Knolls. The creek referred to in the name of this saloon is the same creek into which the brewers of Lagunitas beer flushed their residue and led to there being shut down. They eventually moved to Petaluma and great fame...

Another shot with the 35 f/1.4 AI-s that shows off the environs of west Marin.

May 10, 2013 at 01:25 AM
jhinkey
• • • • •
p.2848 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl wrote:
I appreciate all the suggestions for where Sue and I might land. I'll admit John, that after your note last evening I found myself perusing real estate listings in Puget Sound. If we went to the Olympic Peninsula we could likely pull it off.

Oh man - you could move to Vashon Island and be cool . . . or even Sequim since it's in the rain shadow of the Olympics it's much drier than most other places. Pt. Townsend would be a cool place as well. Near the ocean and near the mountains is what does it for me!

May 10, 2013 at 03:00 AM
kwoodard
• • • •
p.2848 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

jhinkey wrote:
Oh man - you could move to Vashon Island and be cool . . . or even Sequim since it's in the rain shadow of the Olympics it's much drier than most other places. Pt. Townsend would be a cool place as well. Near the ocean and near the mountains is what does it for me!

Curtis, have you looked at Placerville?

May 10, 2013 at 03:16 AM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password