Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              2844      
       2846              4234       4235       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Ronny _Olsson
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2845 #1 · p.2845 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thanks
Love that Shot Jeff.. Really good !
Great set Jorge

May 07, 2013 at 06:35 PM
Oosty
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2845 #2 · p.2845 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thank you - Leighton, Kevin, Mark & Scott

Leighton - hopefully I'll match the beautiful wine pics since I'll be in the winelands tomorrow!

Ronny - magnificent spring flowers.Wow!

Reagan - there's plenty of fun for you with your new lens. I find all the zooms hard to get used to at first but there seems to be a "eureka" moment with each of them. Let's see more.

Curtis - as you know only too well "this too shall pass". Nice shots - love the poppies.

Peter B - just a superb macro. Bet you're hooked now!

Rafael - great to have a shared memory even though we were worlds apart. This thread never ceases to amaze me.

John - that is a stellar "blue" pano!

Chuong - you manage to get pictures of your daughter that are terrific. Most kids her age run away when the lens is pointed at them. Well done.

Bones - you certainly show that the D700 is as good as anything we see as far as sharpness and definition are concerned. Lovely images.

Jeff - thanks for your comments. It is sad that a company that was right at the forefront of technology went to the wall while their rivals BMW and Mercedes have succeeded beyond expectation. But that's "capitalism". ( After the war it must have been nearly impossible in Germany)

Jeff - Clouds and Light. Excellent image and I love the tones.

Jorge - great series. I had to look twice to see what colour the light was (So did Reagan )

May 07, 2013 at 06:45 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2845 #3 · p.2845 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

We had 4 inches of rain with more on the way. This little creek that runs through the bottom of our property can't really be seen most days as it runs by the Weeping Willow tree. The fence post to the right are 4 feet.

May Flooding 28/2.8 AI by Leighton W, on Flickr

May 07, 2013 at 07:14 PM
Lieutenant Z
• • • •
p.2845 #4 · p.2845 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

From Cassis and the Calanques :

NIKON D700    50mm    f/8.0    1/640s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  

NIKON D700    180mm    f/5.6    1/1000s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  

May 07, 2013 at 07:22 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2845 #5 · p.2845 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Are you trying to send me a message with the boats Philippe?

May 07, 2013 at 07:34 PM
Ronny _Olsson
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2845 #6 · p.2845 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w wrote:

Great shot Phillippe

Maybe not so fun with overflow Leighton .. but anyways good pictures

May 07, 2013 at 07:41 PM
MarkdV
• • •
p.2845 #7 · p.2845 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Leighton, that's a lot of rain. We had a similar amount here, it all arrived in only 20 minutes! Like the last photo, landscape looking much greener than a month ago.

Philippe, lovely shots of the boats, looks like a very pleasant way to spend the afternoon.

Jose, thanks for re-posting some of those oldies. I know what I'll be doing on the weekend if I get a moment to myself.

Jeff, love the clouds and light pic

Jorge, great street shots. I Just noticed you're from Portland. My brother lives there, I'll have to keep an eye out for him in any future street shooting you do.

May 07, 2013 at 07:42 PM
Lieutenant Z
• • • •
p.2845 #8 · p.2845 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w wrote:

You are very sharp, Leighton !

May 07, 2013 at 07:56 PM
Lieutenant Z
• • • •
p.2845 #9 · p.2845 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

MarkdV wrote:
looks like a very pleasant way to spend the afternoon.

Would like to spend the rest of my life there....

May 07, 2013 at 07:57 PM
bruni
• • •
p.2845 #10 · p.2845 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

raboof wrote:
35-70mm f3.5 AIS

You'd think she is reading a book. No, it's an iPad.

htpg

bold composition Chuong - 75% black

ben

May 07, 2013 at 09:14 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

MarkdV
• • •
p.2845 #11 · p.2845 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

The last lot of photos from Lago di Garda and are from the 35-70mm except for the second that was with the 180mm.

The North end of the lake was Austrian from the early C19th until 1919 when it became a part of Italy after the end of WWI. There is a large hill in between the two towns at the north end of the lake called Mt. Brione upon which sits the remnants of the mighty late victorian and early C20th Austrian forts where huge naval guns protected the way to the Brenner Pass.
Many of the locals still speak German as well as Italian, prompted mainly by the hordes of German, Swiss and Austrian tourists that decent on the region each year.

The area also boasts the Varone falls which is a rare phenomena of a water fall through a tunnel in the rock which is accessible without having to go through a serious caving expedition. This is the only time the 35-70mm was not wide enough and I had to resort to the 14-24mm, but I still got some nice pictures before falling for the AF lens.

Just north of the lake is the town of Arco which is overlooked by the impressive Castello di Arco on the hill above the town which is the subject of photo 1. This castle dates from as early as 1,000AD and changed hands several times through history as the tides of fortune favored one empire and then another, the last time the castle was used in a military engagement was against the French during the wars of Spanish succession when the French laid siege to the castle and eventually took it after the defenders fled into the mountains. Today it is still an imposing sight above the town.

May 07, 2013 at 09:17 PM
Foggy14
• • •
p.2845 #12 · p.2845 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Kevin, Leighton, Ronny Peter and Mark, thanks for the kind comments.

Ron, great looking dog!

Jorge, really nice set with the 50mm 1.2.

Philippe, love the colors of the blue boats.

Leighton, hope the flooding hasn't caused too much damage.

Mark, great shots from Lago di Garda!

May 07, 2013 at 09:20 PM
mp356
• • • •
p.2845 #13 · p.2845 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

raboof wrote:
35-70mm f3.5 AIS

You'd think she is reading a book. No, it's an iPad.

http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22102440/FRED/DSC_9079.jpg

Very nice Chuong.

May 08, 2013 at 01:43 AM
mp356
• • • •
p.2845 #14 · p.2845 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl wrote:

Peter B, with that lens and a few tubes you'll have a great deal of success, as you do above. Wonderful images. I really need to get that lens out of its bag and start shooting with it. In the meantime, the 200 f/4 Q.C. AI'd continues to impress. Another flower shot wide open.

http://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-jsXKdnmpS4w/UYiPbpt9UHI/AAAAAAAAUs8/MjcLRA1ru5M/s1000/200.QC.RedAbundance.jpg

You are doing very nice work with that 200 Curtis. Nice colors and detail.

May 08, 2013 at 01:45 AM
mp356
• • • •
p.2845 #15 · p.2845 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w wrote:
We had 4 inches of rain with more on the way. This little creek that runs through the bottom of our property can't really be seen most days as it runs by the Weeping Willow tree. The fence post to the right are 4 feet.

Sorry to see the flooding. Hope there is not any damage.

May 08, 2013 at 01:52 AM
mp356
• • • •
p.2845 #16 · p.2845 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

MarkdV wrote:
The last lot of photos from Lago di Garda and are from the 35-70mm except for the second that was with the 180mm.

The North end of the lake was Austrian from the early C19th until 1919 when it became a part of Italy after the end of WWI. There is a large hill in between the two towns at the north end of the lake called Mt. Brione upon which sits the remnants of the mighty late victorian and early C20th Austrian forts where huge naval guns protected the way to the Brenner Pass.
Many of the locals still speak German
...Show more

Nice series Mark. The first is my favorite.

May 08, 2013 at 01:54 AM
raboof
• • •
p.2845 #17 · p.2845 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thanks Leighton, Peter, Scott, Ben, and Jeff for your comments on the 75% black shot

May 08, 2013 at 03:11 AM
Oosty
• • • •
p.2845 #18 · p.2845 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Leighton - 4" is a lot of rain. Hope your livestock are OK.

Phillippe - I would have no problem joining you in Cassis either. Great pics and colour. I read the death notices in a local paper while at a laundromat (it was about the only thing in the paper that I could understand apart from the pictures) and was amazed how old people were when the died. The average age seemed to be in the 90's!

Mark - the Garda shots are great but look so cold!

May 08, 2013 at 04:56 AM
Lieutenant Z
• • • •
p.2845 #19 · p.2845 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Oosty wrote:
Phillippe - I would have no problem joining you in Cassis either. Great pics and colour. I read the death notices in a local paper while at a laundromat (it was about the only thing in the paper that I could understand apart from the pictures) and was amazed how old people were when the died. The average age seemed to be in the 90's!

Thanks Peter.
France has one of the very best life expectancy in the world especially in the South East.
Thanks to the mediterranean diet : fish, fruits, vegetables, Virgin olive oïl and.... Cassis white wine....

May 08, 2013 at 06:39 AM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2845 #20 · p.2845 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thanks for the concerns about the rain. Everything is fine as most of the farm is on high ground.

May 08, 2013 at 09:56 AM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password