Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              2823      
       2825              4153       4154       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

MarkdV
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2824 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Wow. It doesn't pay to look away for an instant. 12 pages later I can only say the amazing work that gets posted here only seems to get better and better. I wish I could give every photo the credit it deserves but there's too many!
I will only make one comment:
John, Peter (USA), I hope you guys make a climb together, I can't wait to see the shots from that trip. It'll be amazing the two of you bouncing ideas off each other.

P.S. Curtis, thanks for your mail, received and it looks great - sorry I haven't had a moment to reply but when my wife is back later this week then I will have a spare few minutes!

Apr 29, 2013 at 08:31 PM
MarkdV
• • •
p.2824 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Getting used to the 24mm, so far I seem to have trouble focussing it, but that could be my eyes. But I did get one shot I felt half-way worthy, of my favorite subject. I like the colour and out of focus rendition of this lens. Can't wait to try it out with a bit more time and not a fast moving subject!

Apr 29, 2013 at 08:34 PM
huddy
• • •
p.2824 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

georgms wrote:
Huddy, nice to hear/read from you! Lenses with a special rendering like the 50/1.2, the 24/2 and others have for sure a place in portraiture (in my opinion).
But sometimes AF or more recent optics are handy too (my favorite portraiture-lens right now is the 28/1.8G - thanks for your recommendation over at the 28mm- or AF-S-lenses love film-thread).

The 28 AFS is a very handy lens, especially now that I find it difficult to focus WA lenses on an SLR. It's so much easier on a rangefinder! I've used it to great effect for some environmental portraits in my sessions. Those aren't shown here of course

leighton w wrote:
Alan - Good to see you again, I can't believe you're selling the "little gem"!

Ah, but for me the, 50/1.2 is the favored gem.

Apr 29, 2013 at 08:39 PM
georgms
• • • •
p.2824 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

huddy wrote:
The 28 AFS is a very handy lens, especially now that I find it difficult to focus WA lenses on an SLR. It's so much easier on a rangefinder! I've used it to great effect for some environmental portraits in my sessions. Those aren't shown here of course

Ah, but for me the, 50/1.2 is the favored gem.

Alan, sorry, I've called you "huddy" above. Your last post here was a too long time ago ;-)

Apr 29, 2013 at 08:50 PM
kwoodard
• • • •
p.2824 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I had trouble with focusing WA also. So I went back old school, used the range markings on the lens and focused accordingly. Keeper rate has gone up, unfortunately apertures have gotten smaller...

Apr 29, 2013 at 08:57 PM
huddy
• • •
p.2824 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

georgms wrote:
Alan, sorry, I've called you "huddy" above. Your last post here was a too long time ago ;-)

No harm Georg; I've been called much worse by those who do know me! It has been too long and my limited shooting time has been dominated by Leica's and Pentax 6x7's.

Apr 29, 2013 at 09:01 PM
georgms
• • • •
p.2824 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

A little bokeh-drama fresh from the garden:

28/2 Ai wide open on a D700

Apr 29, 2013 at 09:07 PM
raboof
• • •
p.2824 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Georg - First glance without reading, I thought it was from the 24mm f2.

Apr 29, 2013 at 09:08 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2824 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

That's got some wild bokeh Georg!

Apr 29, 2013 at 09:11 PM
georgms
• • • •
p.2824 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

raboof wrote:
Georg - First glance without reading, I thought it was from the 24mm f2.

Close, but no cigar Out of focus highlights in the corners are even more triangular-shaped with the 24/2. Fun-lenses - I love the old fast MF-Nikkor's.

Apr 29, 2013 at 09:13 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

leighton w
• • • • •
p.2824 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Hey Georg, I just noticed something, it's in color!

Apr 29, 2013 at 09:23 PM
MDoc9523
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2824 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Here's a couple of flower shots along with a bird offering I used the 300mm 4.5 EDIF on them all, however the flower shots I added a 36mm Vivitar tube

Apr 29, 2013 at 09:32 PM
georgms
• • • •
p.2824 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w wrote:
Hey Georg, I just noticed something, it's in color!

Ouch, how could this happen Thanks for the hint, mate ;-)

Apr 29, 2013 at 09:33 PM
MDoc9523
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2824 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Beautiful Georg but I too like the color

Apr 29, 2013 at 09:37 PM
mp356
• • • •
p.2824 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Nice images everyone.

Leighton, I like the green onions and salad spinner. That spinner is certainly industrial sized compared to the one in our kitchen! Glad you liked the barn shot. I did think of you when I took it.

Ray, nice glass marble image. The reflections within it are very neat.

Jeff, I like the "boat" sculpture. I trust your eye surgery went well. I hope your recovery is speedy.

Ray (OH), thanks for the comment on the skunk cabbage. It was the only color in that part of the woods. Everything else still was winter gray.

Georg, I really like the yellow bokeh drama. I prefer the color version although the b&w is very nice as well. Thanks for the comment on the weathervane image.

Scott

Apr 30, 2013 at 12:19 AM
mp356
• • • •
p.2824 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

A local farm that has been made into a nature museum. Taken at sunrise. Not sure if I like the angle of light and the amount of tree that I put in the frame. Taken with the 28 2.8 ais at f8. C&C welcome.
Scott

Apr 30, 2013 at 12:38 AM
raboof
• • •
p.2824 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I like how you frame it Scott. It's very well balanced. Nice lighting too

Apr 30, 2013 at 01:00 AM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.2824 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

MarkdV wrote:
Wow. It doesn't pay to look away for an instant. 12 pages later I can only say the amazing work that gets posted here only seems to get better and better. I wish I could give every photo the credit it deserves but there's too many!
I will only make one comment:
John, Peter (USA), I hope you guys make a climb together, I can't wait to see the shots from that trip. It'll be amazing the two of you bouncing ideas off each other.

P.S. Curtis, thanks for your mail, received and it looks great - sorry I haven't had a moment
...Show more

Glad it arrived safely. If we go forward with something along the lines of what I wrote, I'll give you a second draft that has the correct sequence for lens movement in Europe. I'd forgotten a change made by Philippe, Mihai and Don. You're the man who controls the timing of all of this so whatever works for you will work for the rest of us.

Apr 30, 2013 at 01:11 AM
kwoodard
• • • •
p.2824 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl wrote:
Glad it arrived safely. If we go forward with something along the lines of what I wrote, I'll give you a second draft that has the correct sequence for lens movement in Europe. I'd forgotten a change made by Philippe, Mihai and Don. You're the man who controls the timing of all of this so whatever works for you will work for the rest of us.

Whatcha guys brewing up?? Inquiring minds want to know.

Apr 30, 2013 at 01:21 AM
mp356
• • • •
p.2824 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

raboof wrote:
I like how you frame it Scott. It's very well balanced. Nice lighting too

Thank you Chuong.

Apr 30, 2013 at 01:29 AM
1       2       3              2823      
       2825              4153       4154       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell