Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              2814      
       2816              3819       3820       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

georgms
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2815 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Peter, wow, the panorama is really an eye-catcher! Excellent work, this is true for your other shots as well..

Apr 27, 2013 at 02:35 PM
pburke
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2815 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Poor man's fisheye - a 9 image 180 degree panorama stitch taken with the 20mm f3.5 AI at the SAC museum. Talk about a white balance dilemma...

frames area all f/11 0.6s iso 100 on tripod, 3 frames by 3 rows, cropped to shape

Apr 27, 2013 at 02:36 PM
rafaelcasd
• • •
p.2815 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

georgms wrote:
Rafael, love the shots taken with 6the 180/2.8 + TC16A, especially the "F100"-and "Embleme"-close ups! Did you correct for longitudinal CA's?

Georg, yes I had to, at 100% correction on NX2, this is something that I did not need to do using the TC16a with the 50-300mm or the 400mm 3.5, but it must be that those are ED while my 180mm is not.

Apr 27, 2013 at 02:50 PM
pburke
• • •
p.2815 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

rafaelcasd wrote:
Georg, yes I had to, at 100% correction on NX2, this is something that I did not need to do using the TC16a with the 50-300mm or the 400mm 3.5, but it must be that those are ED while my 180mm is not.

looks really good for a non-ED 180mm - those are a bargain, since everyone wants the ED version

Apr 27, 2013 at 02:52 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.2815 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

You're knocking it out of the park Peter B. Your poor man's fisheye shot is spectacular, but then you panorama with the 300 f/4.5 is a delight as well. And I love the fact you can so easily respond to Rafael's wonderful set of images with those scanned photos from the distant past. You must have a pretty sophisticated system for filing photos. I am impressed.

Apr 27, 2013 at 02:53 PM
pburke
• • •
p.2815 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl wrote:
You're knocking it out of the park Peter B. Your poor man's fisheye shot is spectacular, but then you panorama with the 300 f/4.5 is a delight as well. And I love the fact you can so easily respond to Rafael's wonderful set of images with those scanned photos from the distant past. You must have a pretty sophisticated system for filing photos. I am impressed.

It's all in my head - those are pulled out of a 1989 Muit Trail Hike Gallery (West Coast segment) - no database here

Apr 27, 2013 at 02:56 PM
Reagan
• • • •
p.2815 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

georgms wrote:
Peter, wow, the panorama is really an eye-catcher! Excellent work, this is true for your other shots as well..

+1

Reagan

Apr 27, 2013 at 02:58 PM
rafaelcasd
• • •
p.2815 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

mp356 wrote:
Curtis, you do amazing work with flowers. Well done!

Scott is so right, Curtis is uniquely Florally aesthetically balanced, it was fun to see the duel of the 200mm Qs with Jose, although I was unable to join due to wrong ai kit. Good bokeh on this lens.

200_QC_TwoApricotRosesClose by Rafael CA, on Flickr

Peter B you must have used the blackbird to get from Nebraska to Mount Whitney and back 25 years to Oregon in no time! Also how did you twist perspective in the 20mm fisheye pano?

John, great love affair with the 45mm.

Peter O, congrats on the 5cm 2 H and the S, I have both and love them, did not need to ai cut the S as it easily slides under the ai tab in my cameras, the S fully open has great character, the H a more modern rendering. Recommend you check the magnetic field around the narcisus.

Ron, glad to see you are free at last.

Ray, love the Banyan tree and the guard duck

Choung, infrared! it has always been a mind twister for me

Mark, I will try using the 200 Q with tubes like you use the 135, have you bought the 400 2.8 or 600 5.6 yet?

Jorgen, great use of the 105mm 1.8, love the orange sparks

Ben, in the light handling there is striking alikeness in yours and Mihai's shots, Bucharest and Sidney! day and night apart with similar reflections

Samy, Best rabbit ever.

Mike, very appealing and rich variety of central park photos with the 28-50mm

Philip, nice shoes and pants

Mihai, fantastic night shots, envy envy your 58mm

Apr 27, 2013 at 04:05 PM
Lieutenant Z
• • • •
p.2815 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

rafaelcasd wrote:
I heard there was a Monty Sighting.

Out at the Friday cruising Grand (Street). This goes on every Friday until fall, 4 miles from home. Wanted to do something different so I took the 180mm 2.8 ai with the TC16a. Good combo up close, a little iffy farther away.

It does focus wonderfully though. Here is a few samples. (Who here actually took a date to a drive-in and had a server on roller skates place your burger in the car window? )

Nice set Rafael, great use of the 180!

Apr 27, 2013 at 04:16 PM
Lieutenant Z
• • • •
p.2815 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

bruni wrote:
Mihai - WOW - like Ray said - that night set is "awesome"

ben

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8253/8684579727_bfd6d6f151_b.jpg
the Mickelvich files - nikon 24mm PCE by benmorgan28, on Flickr

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8117/8684582155_16780937b4_b.jpg
saturday - nikon 24mm PCE by benmorgan28, on Flickr

WOW Ben ! Your shots with the PCE are fantastic!
But where are your Nikki images?

Apr 27, 2013 at 04:20 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

pburke
• • •
p.2815 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

rafaelcasd wrote:
Also how did you twist perspective in the 20mm fisheye pano?

no twisting - this is default output from Photoshop Photomerge, after taking 9 images of that place, 3x3, starting top left, ending low right. The resulting cropped full size image is almost 90 megapixels

here's a full rez peek into the far right of the building from the same stitched image

Apr 27, 2013 at 04:22 PM
Lieutenant Z
• • • •
p.2815 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

philipj wrote:
Some roaming around today with the 28mm f/2.8 AI-s.

Very nice Philip, #1&3 are my favorites

Apr 27, 2013 at 04:26 PM
pburke
• • •
p.2815 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

another one with the 20mm f3.5 from Mt. Whitney - first camp site

20mm f3.5 on D600, f/11 1/60s iso 100, handheld

Apr 27, 2013 at 04:27 PM
Lieutenant Z
• • • •
p.2815 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

pbraymond wrote:
One from this morning just before work.

incredible!

Apr 27, 2013 at 04:27 PM
pburke
• • •
p.2815 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

last one this morning - 20mm f3.5 4 image focus stack, Mt. Whitney, same place as above, but looking the other way.

D600, handheld, f/5.6 1/60s, polarizer

Apr 27, 2013 at 04:48 PM
Lieutenant Z
• • • •
p.2815 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Hi all, I have just returned from a week in Provence (South-East of France) where I rented a house in a little village.

Apr 27, 2013 at 05:28 PM
James Markus
• • • •
p.2815 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

All shot with the Nikkor 200mm f4 ais micro + Nikon 1.4 TC on a D800

Tulip Tree Bud

Moss

Lilac Tree Bud

Dessicated Rose Hip

Edited on Apr 27, 2013 at 06:39 PM · View previous versions

Apr 27, 2013 at 05:51 PM
saph
• • • •
p.2815 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Ben, the lines in the bus stop are eye catching, the back of the bench, the lines above, the people sitting in a row and then all their reflections. Fun image.

Peter, the confused flowers are well done with the 5cm f2.

Paul (WI), the old cockpit image was very pleasing. And good use of the polarizer for that first mountain image. Can imagine myself climbing up that mountain looking at that photo. Love the pano of the mountains too, with the road leading up to them and the sunbeams above.

Ray(OH), the geese chasing the deer is one of the funnest action images I have seen in recent times.

Philip, good to see your work here again, I liked the crisscrossing wires in front of the Great Hall.

Mihai, that first B&W image of the dark street scene was terrific. Cool Noct work!

Kevin, sorry to hear about the aches, maybe your doc can recommend some physical therapy. Time also helps heal, but in the meantime don't do anything that makes it worse. I tend to just handhold my camera most of the time. See what works for you. Some good suggestions here.

Monty, is that a cameo appearance or will we see a few more? Higgs looks a bit grown, or maybe that's the fisheye effect

Jose, your work is crisp and sharp as always no matter what lens or subject you are tackling.

John, liked the patterns in the sand. Look forward to seeing some 500 F4P images from you some day soon

Rafael, great use of the TC16A, its quite versatile, that lunch table at the car window is neat!

Ben, super image of the skyscrapers with the 24PCE. Looks very imposing. I counted 39 stories on the right in that second image

Jorgen, welcome and terrific lens to start with. Hope to see more from your side.

Philip, cool to see you back, the first image struck me the most, the one with the empty chairs and the house enveloped in fog.

Samy

Apr 27, 2013 at 05:53 PM
rafaelcasd
• • •
p.2815 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Lieutenant Z wrote:
Hi all, I have just returned from a week in Provence (South-East of France) where I rented a house in a little village.

Welcome back Philippe, looks like coastal California in the morning. I have spent a little time there and it is a beautiful area with great weather. Once I asked for a local seafood specialty at Aix en Provence, not being able to select them myself in french, and they brought me sea urchins which I did not know were edible, a week after I had been unknowingly stepping on them in Baja while surfing as my feet were numb with cold. Took me all day to get the spines out, it took less to eat them. Still prefer the San Quintin Bay Clams and Oysters.

Apr 27, 2013 at 06:27 PM
MDoc9523
• • • •
p.2815 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Here's some fun with the D600 + 300mm 4.5 EDIF and a full stack of vivitar tubes, 68mm.

Apr 27, 2013 at 06:50 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password