Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              2797      
       2799              4064       4065       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

MDoc9523
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2798 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

asiostygius wrote:
This is for Curtis:
A simple real word subject test for bokeh comparing one of the "queens of bokeh", the 105/2.5 P vs. the 200mm f/4 QC.

Nikkor-P 105mm f/2.5 (Sonnar) ai'd vs. Nikkor Q.C 200mm f/4 ai'd, both wide open
D600, ISO 200, no PP, straight from the camera - conversion at ViewNX 2.7 and resizing at CS5.
The 105 image was cropped to reach 200mm FOV.
As no PP was made, the pictures were taken at the same time (~10:57-11:02h) and sun light, and the D600 config was the same, colours differences (bluish 105, yellowish 200) are supposedly lens related.

I think this is
...Show more
Great comparison Jose. The 200mm looks great in these photos

Apr 21, 2013 at 07:49 PM
MDoc9523
• • • •
p.2798 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Some more shots from the Ringling Museum Mansion interior.

Apr 21, 2013 at 07:52 PM
bruni
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2798 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thanks Reagan, Leighton, Jose, Ray and Samy.

Leighton - love the new mug shot. Feels like I'm talking to someone else - was so used to the last one.

I'll try with nikki - but it was really hopeless over the weekend - you guys have intimidated me. At least there's one shot for the log.

ben

Apr 21, 2013 at 08:17 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2798 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

MDoc9523 wrote:

http://raysteele.zenfolio.com/img/s2/v73/p1546417356-5.jpg

I like this one Ray. I've often wondered who could live this way. Even if I had the money (that'll never happen ) I wouldn't want a place so extravagant.

Apr 21, 2013 at 08:25 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2798 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

bruni wrote:
Thanks Reagan, Leighton, Jose, Ray and Samy.

Leighton - love the new mug shot. Feels like I'm talking to someone else - was so used to the last one.

I'll try with nikki - but it was really hopeless over the weekend - you guys have intimidated me. At least there's one shot for the log.
ben

Thanks Ben, do I look like an Aussie? Now if we could get you to post one. And don't worry about feeling intimidated, we all feel that way.

Edited on Apr 21, 2013 at 08:29 PM · View previous versions

Apr 21, 2013 at 08:27 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2798 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

There's a lot of flora shots on here lately so I'll add a couple more. Both taken with the 180mm.

Tulips by Leighton W, on Flickr

Spirea by Leighton W, on Flickr

Apr 21, 2013 at 08:28 PM
georgms
• • • •
p.2798 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w wrote:
I like this one Ray. I've often wondered who could live this way. Even if I had the money (that'll never happen ) I wouldn't want a place so extravagant.

+1 , great set of the mansion, Ray!
When it comes to architecture - there's one mans work I would like to explore with (or even without) a camera: it's Jose's fellow countryman Oscar Niemeyer.

Apr 21, 2013 at 09:05 PM
georgms
• • • •
p.2798 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Leighton, very nice series from the market! I like especially the B&W-portrait. The wind-bent tulips are very nice too (a higher point of view would make the background a bit cleaner).

Apr 21, 2013 at 09:06 PM
bruni
• • •
p.2798 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w wrote:
Thanks Ben, do I look like an Aussie? Now if we could get you to post one. And don't worry about feeling intimidated, we all feel that way.

yes, you do look a bit Aussie

ben

Apr 21, 2013 at 09:07 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2798 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

georgms wrote:
Leighton, very nice series from the market! I like especially the B&W-portrait. The wind-bent tulips are very nice too (a higher point of view would make the background a bit cleaner).

Thanks Georg, and thanks for the tip.

Apr 21, 2013 at 09:17 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

MDoc9523
• • • •
p.2798 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thank you leighton and Georg.
I agree Leighton the home doesn't look very livable. I love the white flowers

Apr 21, 2013 at 09:33 PM
kwoodard
• • • •
p.2798 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

pbraymond wrote:
Kevin, how did you get the daddy long legs to stay that still? Regardless, well done. I really like the dandelion close up too. It's now on my must try list for summer.

Ray, the DLL moved on me a couple of times. I think because of where it was, it was resting. Was there all day. Because of the movement, I had to crop. I hope the image holds up printed. The children's center on campus expressed interest in the shot as well as some of the others I took. They think the kids would like them. Going to talk to my department and see if they would be willing to print and mount them for the kids.

Apr 21, 2013 at 09:57 PM
georgms
• • • •
p.2798 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Peter, very nice series of the "bottergat"!

Jose, interesting bokeh-comparison! I like the rendering of both lenses - not extremely buttery, but still very nice.
The column-shot is fantastic, like the others from this place.

Samy, very nice portrait of the singing Cardinal! The edge-comparison between 24/2.8 and the old 20/3.5UD reflects my findings.

Ben, the portrait of Nikki really stands out ;-) Great idea and so well carried out. The harbor-shot is excellent too - love the light, and the ghosting spot is the icing on the cake (love it).

Ray from Ohio - great work at the fallen timbers monument. I prefer the horizontal image over the "tighter" shot.
And: thank you for your comment on the cannon-image! The choice of words to describe the theatre's financial situation here gets more and more dramatic, that's why the heavy artillery in or as my visual language.

Curtis, beautiful portraits of the sportsman! I've noticed that your late SEP-processed pictures suit my personal taste better than your earlier ones (some images from San Francisco as example were a bit too light in the midtones). Great job!

Apr 21, 2013 at 10:38 PM
saph
• • • •
p.2798 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Yet another flower, this is with the 105 2.5 AI that has been in hibernation for a while. Added 2X PK-13 for about 54mm of extension.

Apr 21, 2013 at 10:47 PM
saph
• • • •
p.2798 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Georg, thanks. It was good to understand the limitations of the 20 UD. I think after cropping smeared edges, I will likely get a frame equivalent to about 24mm.

Leighton, just terrific tulips with the 180.

Jose, cool bokeh shootout between the 105 2.5P and 200 QC. A few folks here have been pushing the former recently and I am already sold I am with Curtis though, 200 looks cool but its too close to the excellent 180 in FL.

Peter, the cape bulbul is beautiful, even through the window glass. It has an interesting eye with that white outline.

Ray, very nice mansion interior image with the tiles and bar. The fisheye really came in handy in those images.

Samy

Apr 21, 2013 at 11:03 PM
mp356
• • • •
p.2798 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Wonderful images everyone!

Jose, the vertical panos of the Trajan Column are amazing.

Ray (FL), the mansion images are very nice.

Ben, the street shots are nice. The lens group shot, Nikki looks like she is right at home.

Leighton, I like the market images and especially the tulip and spirea images. Your new avatar looks very "distinguished".

Samy, the cardinal image is well captured. Nice background.

Apr 22, 2013 at 12:11 AM
Reagan
• • • •
p.2798 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w wrote:

Ever time I see that new profile Leighton. I find myself singing that old song "Farmer in the Dell"

Reagan

Edited on Apr 22, 2013 at 12:59 AM · View previous versions

Apr 22, 2013 at 12:20 AM
mp356
• • • •
p.2798 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

My humble image from this weekend. I tried to channel Jose's wonderful Trajan Column mixed with some of the excellent b&w conversions by Curtis, Georg, and others. The result is an old building (by our standards), side of imaged cropped with original height kept, converted in LR to b&w. Sorry no pano experience, so it is a single image from the D7000. Taken with the 28 2.8 ais. Thanks for looking.
Scott

Apr 22, 2013 at 12:26 AM
rafaelcasd
• • •
p.2798 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

MDoc9523 wrote:

http://raysteele.zenfolio.com/img/s2/v73/p1546417356-5.jpg

Florida Ray, this is masterful and intriguing.

Apr 22, 2013 at 01:16 AM
rafaelcasd
• • •
p.2798 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

So much good work, Got to get and H or HC Jose, the muse juice flows with the all metal focusing rings, rubber isolates the connection.

You will have to forgive the humor, it is well meant; I ended up by accident at Earth day in Balboa park, now I am as concerned about our good mother as anyone, but if I knew they were celebrating Earth day I would have dressed appropriately, not worn the jeans with long sleeve shirt, not driven the Vette ( borrowed a Prius, or least a Subaru or a Volvo), and not used my Browning deer hunting hat.

Balboa park is San Diego's garden, while San Diego is not Manhattan, Balboa is better than central park. . This will be several postings with the 55mm 1.2 SC, the 16mm 3.5, and the 8mm 2.8.

It is next to downtown. With lots of grounds, beautiful trees, the old Panama Canal exposition temporary buildings, now museums, and the Zoo.

Nikon Nikkor 55mm 1.2 at 5.6 D800 Balboa PArk San Diego Earth Day by Rafael CA, on Flickr

Here is a red tree and some King palms in the entrance:

NKON NIKKOR 55MM 1.2 SC at 5.6 D800 Entrance Balboa Park by Rafael CA, on Flickr

There were a lot of people going in, I took my favorite fisheyes, to photograph gardens, unbeknown to me all the people that were going to be there.

nikon nikkor 55mm 1.2 SC D800 Balboa Park earth day entrance 2 by Rafael CA, on Flickr

Apr 22, 2013 at 01:28 AM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password