Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              2772      
       2774              3792       3793       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

kwoodard
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2773 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Oosty wrote:
Excellent shots - is #2 a bottlebrush or flowering gum?

Thanks for the compliment. I am not sure the type of plant. It's a very large bush that is near my apartment. Hummingbirds and bees love it once it fully blooms (this one is an early one).

Apr 12, 2013 at 02:13 PM
jhinkey
• • • • •
p.2773 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

mp356 wrote:
Nice series John. I like the colors in the last one.

Thanks Scott! Amazing what you can do with 15 minutes of free time when at the right location.

Apr 12, 2013 at 03:08 PM
Oosty
• • • •
p.2773 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

My turn to stretch the screens 27 image pano.

Plettenberg Bay was first seen by europeans in 1487 when Bartholomew Diaz rounded the Cape of Good Hope. Later Portuguese called it Bahia Formosa and about 100 lived here for a time when their ship the Sao Gonclaves was wrecked in 1630.

Today it is probably the most popular summer holiday destination in SA and the nations richest own houses along the road above the beach to the left of the hotel.The road is Beachy Head Drive AKA Millionaires Row.

More at http://www.plettenbergbay.co.za/

NIKON D200    50mm    f/8.0    1/250s    100 ISO    0.0 EV  

Apr 12, 2013 at 03:18 PM
mp356
• • • •
p.2773 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl wrote:

I shot this today with the 105 f/2.5 P AI'd with the PK-13 attached. This is uncropped, resized and converted using Silver Efex Pro 2. A palm frond...

http://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-XB941vPAGhg/UWdAA-Ak7AI/AAAAAAAAT6U/VLEax0wvYyk/s1000/105.2.5.P.PK13.PalmFrondSEP.jpg

Very nice Curtis. I like the lines this subject creates.

Apr 12, 2013 at 04:18 PM
mp356
• • • •
p.2773 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Oosty wrote:

Plettenberg Bay was first seen by europeans in 1487 when Bartholomew Diaz rounded the Cape of Good Hope. Later Portuguese called it Bahia Formosa and about 100 lived here for a time when their ship the Sao Gonclaves was wrecked in 1630.

Today it is probably the most popular summer holiday destination in SA and the nations richest own houses along the road above the beach to the left of the hotel.The road is Beachy Head Drive AKA Millionaires Row.

Peter, nice monitor stretcher! Beautiful sweeping beach.

Apr 12, 2013 at 04:20 PM
jhinkey
• • • • •
p.2773 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Oosty wrote:

Great image! I see that waves pose the same problem for stitching for you as they do for me . . .

John

Apr 12, 2013 at 04:56 PM
kwoodard
• • • •
p.2773 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

jhinkey wrote:
Great image! I see that waves pose the same problem for stitching for you as they do for me . . .

John

I have this problem too. I have been able to overcome it by overlapping more images to cover the scene. Then blend those areas. Its not perfect, but workable. I am hoping to do my 49 vertical stitch of San Fran this weekend and see how I did. I already know the colors will be flat as it was overcast and raining when I took the shots, so it might turn into more of an exercise.

Apr 12, 2013 at 05:02 PM
raboof
• • •
p.2773 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Heal brush tool in PS. Can you tell?

jhinkey wrote:

John

Apr 12, 2013 at 05:03 PM
MDoc9523
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2773 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

^^^^^
Chuong I can't tell because the photo is so small.

Apr 12, 2013 at 06:01 PM
kwoodard
• • • •
p.2773 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

MDoc9523 wrote:
^^^^^
Chuong I can't tell because the photo is so small.

Yes, healing brush is another good tool that slipped my mind. Clone tool is also very useful.

Apr 12, 2013 at 06:30 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Oosty
• • • •
p.2773 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

jhinkey wrote:

John

I knew you'd notice John! Thanks.

Apr 12, 2013 at 07:14 PM
Oosty
• • • •
p.2773 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thanks for the comments and input Scott, Kevin and Chuong. I did try the healing brush and cloning and also blurring all in PSE. We'll have to look at the next one!

Apr 12, 2013 at 07:17 PM
Oosty
• • • •
p.2773 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

On the beach with her thoughts - Beacon Island beach, Plett (as it is known by the "in" crowd ( this is 20 miles from Knysna)

NIKON D200    50mm    f/8.0    1/250s    100 ISO    0.0 EV  

Apr 12, 2013 at 07:29 PM
jhinkey
• • • • •
p.2773 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Oosty wrote:
I knew you'd notice John! Thanks.

I didn't mean to be critical, but on my own images it sticks out like a sore thumb as they say. I need to use the healing brush, content aware fill, cloning tool or sometimes some judicious cropping to remedy it and was wondering what technique you use.

I guess we just need one of those robotic panorama heads that quickly takes all the images so that things like clouds and waves don't change very much in between images.

- John

Apr 12, 2013 at 07:31 PM
Lieutenant Z
• • • •
p.2773 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Oosty wrote:
Mark - I'm glad we're getting closer - soon we'll be in the Eurozone and will have to brush up on our Italian .

Good news, Peter! Hope you will spend some time in France!

Apr 12, 2013 at 07:31 PM
jhinkey
• • • • •
p.2773 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Oosty wrote:
On the beach with her thoughts - Beacon Island beach, Plett (as it is known by the "in" crowd ( this is 20 miles from Knysna)

Very nice Peter!

One of the reasons I like this thread is that we get to see great images from around the world from very nice people.

- John

Edited on Apr 12, 2013 at 07:51 PM · View previous versions

Apr 12, 2013 at 07:35 PM
Paul Gabel
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2773 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Beautiful wides with te 50mm Peter!

Edited on Apr 12, 2013 at 07:52 PM · View previous versions

Apr 12, 2013 at 07:51 PM
Oosty
• • • •
p.2773 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

jhinkey wrote:
I didn't mean to be critical, but on my own images it sticks out like a sore thumb as they say. I need to use the healing brush, content aware fill, cloning tool or sometimes some judicious cropping to remedy it and was wondering what technique you use.

I guess we just need one of those robotic panorama heads that quickly takes all the images so that things like clouds and waves don't change very much in between images.

- John

I knew it wasn't a criticism and as soon as I saw it I tried different ways to fix it but no dice. Then I thought "what the hell, but I'll bet I won't slip it past John" . You've forgotten more than I know about panos

Apr 12, 2013 at 07:52 PM
Oosty
• • • •
p.2773 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Lieutenant Z wrote:
Good news, Peter! Hope you will spend some time in France!

Phillippe - we're hoping to get there in September if I can get through the Schengen red tape!!

Paul Gabel wrote:
Beautiful wides with te 50mm Peter!

Thanks Paul

Apr 12, 2013 at 07:53 PM
rankamateur
• • •
p.2773 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

If this thing was mine I would be a happy camper but alas it is just a car show. 50- 1.4 Ai-S

NIKON D3    0.0 mm f/0.0 lens    50mm    f/2.0    1/45s    1600 ISO    0.0 EV  

Apr 12, 2013 at 08:01 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password