FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              2767      
       2769              5890       5891       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Lieutenant Z
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2768 #1 · p.2768 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thanks Leighton for the comment and for the link. This is the first time I've heard of Saul Leiter : this guy is a very talented photographer and I love his work.

btw I really enjoyed all your last images : I think your pictures are getting better and better.

Jun 02, 2013 at 07:47 PM
rafaelcasd
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2768 #2 · p.2768 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I was not going to take pictures last night, but alas, a front row seat, small theater, D3 and 50 1.2, stuff happens. Now i am spending hours on post.

nikon nikkor 50mm 1.2 ais D3 viva Mexico by Rafael CA, on Flickr

Jun 02, 2013 at 08:00 PM
MDoc9523
• • • • •
p.2768 #3 · p.2768 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Phillippe great shot of Serena
Rafael what great colors nice timing on that shot!

Jun 02, 2013 at 08:25 PM
rankamateur
• • •
p.2768 #4 · p.2768 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Puppy class today for Cooper. A couple ISO 4000 shots with the D800 and 105. I realized today I have never had a flash on this camera or used the onboard flash.

Cooper on the Bottom and sister Riley on top

Jun 02, 2013 at 08:43 PM
Ronny Olsson
• • • • •
p.2768 #5 · p.2768 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Great shot Jose Phillipe and Ray

Nikon 105mm f/2.5 AI by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

Jun 02, 2013 at 09:08 PM
Foggy14
• • •
p.2768 #6 · p.2768 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Hi gang. Between work and family commitments, I haven't had much time to participate this past week, but there's sure been a lot of great work posted.

Thanks Curtis, Georg, Scott, Rafael, Leighton, Peter and Jose for the kind comments on the Cardiff twilight shot. There's still something about the red tones produced by Velvia film through a Nikkor MF lens that keep drawing me back (forward?) to that film.

Curtis, gorgeous b&w set from the Bay, and I liked the HDR treatment too. The flowers with the "new" 135/2.8QC are very fine. I thought I was done with my MF bag, but I have eBay open in another tab.

Georg, beautiful and poignant shots of the Georg Buchner.

Scott, wonderful rust! I really like the composition and bokeh of the 1st bridge shot.

John, love the Seatle panos. I'm inspired to try the same with the San Diego skyline once our May and June gloom subsides.

Laura, the shots of the calm doe are terrific.

Rafael, beautiful shots from the mission and the festival.

Samy, love the leaves with the 105mm.

Peter in Madison, another great Alabama Hills shot.

Ben in Boston, nice ones with the 200/2 and 55/3.5.

Kevin, great bokeh shots with the 35/2.8.

Jorge, wonderful portrait with the 50/1.2 and F6. What film did you use?

Tony, beautiful Montana pano.

Leighton, love the composition of the strawberries shot. They look very appetizing!

Philippe, wonderful perspective on the 50/1.8 "blues brothers" shot. "Heureux les épis mûrs et les blés moissonnés" is gorgeous.

Jose, the Tanager and "big" sunset are beautiful shots.

Ronny, I love your landscape shot with the 105/2.5.

Ray in Ohio, I really like "at the game."

Ray in Florida, gorgeous skies!

Philip, very nice alley shot.

Dean, for a "tourist" you sure take great photos.

Chin, "5 evils" is terrific.

Ron and Ronny, great dogs!

Jun 02, 2013 at 09:11 PM
rafaelcasd
• • • •
p.2768 #7 · p.2768 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Ant his is what happens if you try to use the 50 1.2 at 1.2 with bright theater lights, kind of like it. No photoshop, lens-shop.

Ticitozaa Junio _62_1 2013 by Rafael CA, on Flickr

But it really depends on the light, this is at 1.2 as well. I must be the only person alive that can focus at 1.2 on moving dancers with more than 50% success rate.

Ticitozaa Junio _126_1 2013 crop 50 1.2 at 1.2 by Rafael CA, on Flickr

Jun 02, 2013 at 09:27 PM
georgms
• • • •
p.2768 #8 · p.2768 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Rafael, hats off to your focusing skills I've shot nothing but sports this weekend and used AF-glass exclusively :-(

Ronny, love the foam-shot!

Ron, nice available-light portraits of the puppies!

Philippe, +1 to Leighton's comment!

Ray from Florida - very nice sunset's, but my favorite is still the shot posted yesterday.

Peter from Madison, love "Waiting for the bus", but the other shots are great too.

Chin, welcome back ;-) Nice work with the 45 PC-E, I like especially the "5 evils".

Curtis, like Leighton I liked especially the grass seed (?).

Leighton, can't help you on the 135 f/2 vs f/2.8-decision. Curtis' offer is really tempting, but my old 135/2 is wonderful balanced and the focusing ring of the larger non-IF Nikkor's runs so silky smooth...
Very nice set from the market, I like the B&W-shot the most (or best?). A picture that reminded me of Philip's work.

Jose, what a wonderful portrait of the Great Kiskadee!

Dean, very nice work with the 28/2 Ais! I really like the last two images.

Philip, very moody, maybe even a bit sad picture taken at the alley. I like it a lot.

Ray from Ohio, "Raindrops I" is a fabulous macro, beautifully done.

Jun 02, 2013 at 11:29 PM
georgms
• • • •
p.2768 #9 · p.2768 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Ray from Florida, Philip, Leighton and Jeff: thanks for your comments on the ship-images and/or the "dizzying" architecture-study!

Jun 02, 2013 at 11:34 PM
pburke
• • • •
p.2768 #10 · p.2768 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

georgms wrote:
Ray from Florida, Philip, Leighton and Jeff: thanks for your comments on the ship-images and/or the "dizzying" architecture-study!

the dizzying "Plattenbau" was too close to home for me - grew up in a neighborhood like that, although it never looked that good in 3D

Jun 02, 2013 at 11:46 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

georgms
• • • •
p.2768 #11 · p.2768 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

pburke wrote:
the dizzying "Plattenbau" was too close to home for me - grew up in a neighborhood like that, although it never looked that good in 3D

Peter, the "Plattenbau" posted before is a bit special, formerly known as "Stelzenhochhaus" it underwent an expensive modernization some years ago.
Many East-German buildings have been pimped with lifts, thermal insulation and modern windows. But some still look like this one:

die platte lebt von georgsfoto auf Flickr
100% Wohnungsbaukombinat, D3s, 300/4.5 IF-ED

edit: here's another "Plattenbau"-picture, this one was taken 2008:

D700, 24/2.8Ais at f/5.6, probably with a polarizer attached

Jun 03, 2013 at 12:02 AM
pburke
• • • •
p.2768 #12 · p.2768 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

All these flower pictures by the masters had me hunt down some color in the back yard. Chives planted many years ago have been taking over my yard, and each spring that means I get some purple flowers

Nikkor Q 135mm f/2.8 with about 50mm tube, around f5.6 for most, didn't track it.

one of over 30 frames of this busy worker - even this one isn't really in focus

same lens, and about 15mm tubes

Jun 03, 2013 at 01:46 AM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.2768 #13 · p.2768 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Tubes can be delightful AND tubes can be frustrating, especially when you have a moving object playing with you. This is an old photo but I had the devil of a time with this ladybug that just wouldn't stop moving... Shot with the 180 f/2.8 AI-s with a 36mm tube attached...

Shot wide open, which is what I always have done with this lens, but at that point in my journey, I didn't realize that stopping down makes more sense when shooting with tubes. This was pure luck.

Nice set of images Peter...

PS - I should include the companion shot of the same lady bug with the same setup...

Jun 03, 2013 at 01:51 AM
pburke
• • • •
p.2768 #14 · p.2768 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

And again my 55mm f/1.2, this time with tubes. Looks like I keep shooting my two oldest lenses the most in recent weeks. It's all about signature, I guess. Most of these are about f/5.6 for some depth of field. Shooting it wide open, I got nothing usable today.

two with short K1 tube, giving it about 8 inches working distance

The rest are all with about 25mm tube, about 4 inches working distance

crop from the above

this one may have been f/2.0 - sure looks like it

Edited on Jun 03, 2013 at 02:02 AM · View previous versions

Jun 03, 2013 at 01:55 AM
pburke
• • • •
p.2768 #15 · p.2768 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl wrote:
Tubes can be delightful AND tubes can be frustrating, especially when you have a moving object playing with you. This is an old photo but I had the devil of a time with this ladybug that just wouldn't stop moving... Shot with the 180 f/2.8 AI-s with a 36mm tube attached...

I thought I'd beat it with high frame rate - in the film days that would have been an expensive approach... now it's just more clicks on the shutter odometer and a few frames closer to getting the dirt off the D600 sensor again.

Related subject - I saw a few pelicans and cranes at a small lake nearby - and with my TC-16a in the mail this week, I may just have to go back there and get frustrated chasing birds that won't stop moving

Jun 03, 2013 at 01:59 AM
pburke
• • • •
p.2768 #16 · p.2768 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

georgms wrote:
edit: here's another "Plattenbau"-picture, this one was taken 2008:
http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5447/8930115639_88fbdae459_c.jpg
D700, 24/2.8Ais at f/5.6, probably with a polarizer attached

He looks like he handled the job all by himself and is looking forward to new challenges

the buildings I grew up in were updated in the mid 80s with insulation and new windows, but they were very similar. I didn't live in one of the really tall concrete silos but many of my friends did. Seems that at least the buildings put up during the "Wirtschaftswunder" in the west were very similar to the ones you are showing us.

Jun 03, 2013 at 02:27 AM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.2768 #17 · p.2768 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I've been playing... for the fun of it... Enjoy!

Jun 03, 2013 at 03:10 AM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.2768 #18 · p.2768 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Or with the NOCT...

Jun 03, 2013 at 03:20 AM
jhinkey
• • • • •
p.2768 #19 · p.2768 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

At the last minute we decided to run down to Mt. Rainier and drive up to Paradise on the South side.
Still a lot of snow - the weather did not cooperate like last year, but we had a good time digging a hole (um, I mean snow fort), having lunch and sliding around.

John

PS - took the 16/3.5AIS, 45/2.8P, and 200/4 AIS (180/4 CV is in the shop for an adjustment)

Off We Go Up The Trail With Snow Shovels In Hand

Digging It Didn't Seem That Much Fun to Me

Getting Ready To Slide

Snug At Two Bugs In A Rug

Out Of Focus Self Portrait

Jun 03, 2013 at 03:50 AM
James Markus
• • • •
p.2768 #20 · p.2768 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I like that last one...building memories.

jhinkey wrote:
At the last minute we decided to run down to Mt. Rainier and drive up to Paradise on the South side.
Still a lot of snow - the weather did not cooperate like last year, but we had a good time digging a hole (um, I mean snow fort), having lunch and sliding around.

John

PS - took the 16/3.5AIS, 45/2.8P, and 200/4 AIS (180/4 CV is in the shop for an adjustment)

My knee stopped hurting long enough for me to explore the backyard. It is the time of year that the maples are dropping their seeds, and one seed landed in the rotted out center of a hammock post. The sun was hitting it just so, and the shadow seemed to force me to shoot centered shots - which I normally avoid. Anyway, here they are...

Nikkor 35mm AI on the D800

Nikkor 200mm AIS micro on the D300

Jun 03, 2013 at 04:18 AM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password