Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              2765      
2766
       2767              5892       5893       end
  

Manual Focus Nikon Glass
  
 
philipj
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2766 #1 · p.2766 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


You are right Curtis, it is likely that I should invest into some tubes instead of a dedicated macro, given that I haven't felt the need for a dedicated macro already!

Dean, Hong Kong looks like a fascinating place to live, and as with Adam, I have usually seen that depiction of HK at night. Great shots!

Leighton, given that I was in a black and white mood for my own photo, not surprising I also really enjoy your b+w conversion!



Jun 02, 2013 at 01:49 PM
Zichar
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2766 #2 · p.2766 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Just got back yay ... 2 weeks without a mouse in my hands and it already feels foreign in my hands
Not to mention what to do in Photoshop and my pp workflow, ugh
I wonder how many pages got added to this thread hmm...

>>

I always get some kinda 'jet-lag' when it comes to taking photos on a trip
Hesitant to pull out the camera, looking around, checking things out, getting settled in
But our first stop on that chilly drab Saturday morning was the Willunga Farmers Market
And I kinda self-imagined-promised Leighton that I'd take market shots...

45PCE at full tilt



5 evils by Zichar, on Flickr



Jun 02, 2013 at 02:01 PM
asiostygius
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2766 #3 · p.2766 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Ronny _Olsson wrote:
Thanks guys
Great shot Phillipe

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7449/8905386081_979d9a990e_b.jpg
Nikkor 135mm f/2 Ai-s Vivitar Nikon AT-3/AI Extension Tube 20mm by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2836/8892266509_cc04e11afb_b.jpg
Nikon 105mm f/2.5 AI by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr


Ronny, another excellent flower set; liked the most these two.



Jun 02, 2013 at 02:18 PM
asiostygius
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2766 #4 · p.2766 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


CGrindahl wrote:

Inspired by Ronny and Kevin, I mounted a 36mm Vivitar extension tube on the 135 f/2.8 Q.C. AI'd to capture in morning light some flowers those of you who've followed this thread for a year or more will surely recognize. I can only call these flowers whimsical since so little of each flower can be captured by the narrow focal plane created by tubes. You get a hint at a flower with a few tendrils sharp but most of the flower in a delicious blur... my favorite thing... This is a brilliant lens folks and two of them are
...Show more


Gorgeous capture! The devilish man tempting us to buy another lens



Jun 02, 2013 at 02:29 PM
pburke
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2766 #5 · p.2766 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


leighton w wrote:
It's been a very very busy week here on the farm, so I'm taking the day off (as much as possible) to enjoy my friends here on the thread. Here are some from the Market yesterday. All with the 105/2.5 AI-s.

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3682/8922662533_e50f1afbd9_c.jpg
105/2.5 AIS by Leighton W, on Flickr


I sense a pretty strong adjustment brush stroke to emphasize the "Local"



Jun 02, 2013 at 02:32 PM
asiostygius
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2766 #6 · p.2766 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


MDoc9523 wrote:

Back from a wonderful week at the beach. We stayed in an old fashioned resort directly on Lido Beach in Sarasota. Relaxation was the order for the week and I can say with authority that we achieved just that!!!

Here's a down payment from the many photos taken over the week. D600 and 35mm 1.4 - 1/60 at F8

http://raysteele.zenfolio.com/img/s9/v90/p1862543000-5.jpg


Ray, this is jaw dropping, well done!



Jun 02, 2013 at 02:34 PM
asiostygius
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2766 #7 · p.2766 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


leighton w wrote:
...
Philippe - Your conversion works perfectly with this shot, as well as your eye, well seen.
http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/ufiles/35/818235.jpg
...


Agreed, and loved the subject isolation too.



Jun 02, 2013 at 02:38 PM
asiostygius
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2766 #8 · p.2766 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Adam Bavier wrote:
Very nice! I always see this shot taken at night. Nice to see the scene in the day time.


+ 1, great cityscape.



Jun 02, 2013 at 02:40 PM
asiostygius
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2766 #9 · p.2766 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


pbraymond wrote:
A quick one from tonight after the rains.







Jeff, very nice "quick one". What is the lens?



Jun 02, 2013 at 02:47 PM
asiostygius
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2766 #10 · p.2766 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass



Thanks James, Philippe, Leighton, Georg, Laura, Scott and Samy for the comments.

One more test shot with the mod TC-16A, this time with the 135/2:


Modified TC-16A teleconverter test with 135mm f/2 AIS by labecoaves, on Flickr

Great Kiskadee captured at ~4m of distance. This is a ~20% cropped image.
D7000 + TC-16A modified teleconverter + Nikkor 135mm f/2 ais hand held, ISO 320, f/4(=8) at 1/250s. Though exif shows a 145mm f/8, in fact this was an effective 216mm f/6.4 (x 1.5 crop factor of D7000 = 324mm lens).
We need at first manual focus and then activate the AF by the modified TC-16A. I would say it is a 80-85% MF work and just 15-20% AF - the lens movement inside TC16A is truly limited.
It appears to have a slight front focus; I need to confirm this and AF-tune the combo.
Curtis, if this is forbidden here, please, let me know and I will put just a link instead of the image.

Edited on Jun 02, 2013 at 03:16 PM · View previous versions



Jun 02, 2013 at 02:50 PM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



pburke
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2766 #11 · p.2766 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


asiostygius wrote:


Great Kiskadee captured at ~4m of distance. This is a ~20% cropped image.
D7000 + TC-16A modified teleconverter + Nikkor 135mm f/2 ais hand held, ISO 320, f/4(=8) at 1/250s. Though exif shows a 145mm f/8, in fact this was an effective 216mm f/6.4 (x 1.5 crop factor of D7000 = 324mm lens).
We need at first manual focus and then activate the AF by the modified TC-16A. I would say it is a 80-85% MF work and just 15-20% AF - the lens movement inside TC16A is truly limited.
It appears to have a slight front focus; I need to
...Show more

Jose, it's an MF lens, just run with that.

I tried to buy a TC-16a for a week now, but it appears that all the non-modded converters on ebay are being bought up by those who modify them. I was outbid by the same person on all my attempts to get one for under $150. Above that, I guess I just buy a modded one and save me the tinkering time needed to make it work on a D600.






Jun 02, 2013 at 03:00 PM
CGrindahl
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2766 #12 · p.2766 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


leighton w wrote:
Ronny - Great landscape with the 105mm, love the lighting.

Curtis - Congrats on the 135, I like the output it shows from the Rose images. I'm not sure which way to go now considering that focal length. I've always wanted the f2, but now I'm not so sure.



Its your lucky day Leighton... I thought I was buying a second Q.C. when I ended up with an AI'd K. But my intention had been to sell the first Q.C. and that will likely still happen unless I really dislike the K. The K is also a large lens with a four by four optical formula, and the same type of locking lens hood built in. My guess is it will satisfy me and the Q.C. will be on the market. If you can handle $125 plus shipping that lens could be yours... It is a shockingly good lens and I really love shooting with it... My guess is you'd enjoy it immensely.



Jun 02, 2013 at 03:03 PM
leighton w
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2766 #13 · p.2766 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Ronny - Love the "slime"!

Philip - Thanks!

Chin - I must have everyone trained to take market shots whenever available. I love yours by the way.



Jun 02, 2013 at 03:24 PM
leighton w
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2766 #14 · p.2766 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


asiostygius wrote:
Thanks James, Philippe, Leighton, Georg, Laura, Scott and Samy for the comments.

One more test shot with the mod TC-16A, this time with the 135/2:

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3722/8905880158_b06d9d28e0_b.jpg
Modified TC-16A teleconverter test with 135mm f/2 AIS by labecoaves, on Flickr

Great Kiskadee captured at ~4m of distance. This is a ~20% cropped image.
D7000 + TC-16A modified teleconverter + Nikkor 135mm f/2 ais hand held, ISO 320, f/4(=8) at 1/250s. Though exif shows a 145mm f/8, in fact this was an effective 216mm f/6.4 (x 1.5 crop factor of D7000 = 324mm lens).
We need at first manual focus and then activate the AF by the modified TC-16A.
...Show more

Jose - You are DEFINITELY the bird man! Great shot.



Jun 02, 2013 at 03:27 PM
leighton w
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2766 #15 · p.2766 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


CGrindahl wrote:
Its your lucky day Leighton... I thought I was buying a second Q.C. when I ended up with an AI'd K. But my intention had been to sell the first Q.C. and that will likely still happen unless I really dislike the K. The K is also a large lens with a four by four optical formula, and the same type of locking lens hood built in. My guess is it will satisfy me and the Q.C. will be on the market. If you can handle $125 plus shipping that lens could be yours... It is a shockingly good
...Show more

Let me some pics of it. I'm still debating the f2.



Jun 02, 2013 at 03:29 PM
leighton w
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2766 #16 · p.2766 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


pburke wrote:
I sense a pretty strong adjustment brush stroke to emphasize the "Local"


You know me pretty good Peter. But it was the new radial filter instead of a brush. Here's another one showing what can be done with the filter.

Before:

Before adjustment by Leighton W, on Flickr

After:

105/2.5 AIS by Leighton W, on Flickr


Edited on Jun 02, 2013 at 04:34 PM · View previous versions



Jun 02, 2013 at 03:34 PM
rafaelcasd
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2766 #17 · p.2766 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


pburke wrote:
Jose, it's an MF lens, just run with that.

I tried to buy a TC-16a for a week now, but it appears that all the non-modded converters on ebay are being bought up by those who modify them. I was outbid by the same person on all my attempts to get one for under $150. Above that, I guess I just buy a modded one and save me the tinkering time needed to make it work on a D600.



Amendment 2 of the Miranda Manual Focus Nikon Thread Constitution states that a picture shall be admissible for posting if the light rays that formed said image passed through at least one complete Nikkor Manual Focus lens and was captured by a Nikon or Nippon Kogaku Brand Camera. Spacers with no lens elements may be of any brand; converters, auxiliary lenses, or any other ray path modifiers containing lens elements may be of any technological foundation (such as mirror, Fresnel, diffractive, refractive, prismatic, manual focus, auto focus) but must be of Nikon Brand and Manufacture. Free lensing within these rules is also permitted.
This as voted by the members and ratified by the Founding Fathers.




Jun 02, 2013 at 03:39 PM
pburke
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2766 #18 · p.2766 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


rafaelcasd wrote:


Amendment 2 of the Miranda Manual Focus Nikon Thread Constitution states that a picture shall be admissible for posting if the light rays that formed it passed through at least one complete Nikkor Manual Focus lens. Spacers with no lens elements may be of any brand; converters, auxiliary lenses, or any other ray path modifiers containing lens elements may be of any technological foundation (such as mirror, Fresnel, diffraction, auto focus) but must be of Nikon Brand and Manufacture.
This as voted by the members and ratified by the Founding Fathers.



Pursuant to these rules, here's some Nikon MF glass (50mm f1.8 AIS on F3HP) exposed to film October 7, 1989, scanned in 2013 - this was when I was actually taking college photo classes and the reporting from the Housing Now demonstration in Washington was one of my projects. At least 6 rolls of T-Max - I barely scratched the surface scanning this old material.

Angry "Gray Panther"






Monopoly Man






the button vendor






shaky handheld subway work after dark






waiting for the bus home in the Pentagon parking lot






heading home to Green Bay








Jun 02, 2013 at 04:59 PM
CGrindahl
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2766 #19 · p.2766 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


That's hilarious Rafael!

And Peter, that set of images is outstanding. Love the button bender shot but all are delicious. From you comment about taking classes at the moment, it appears you are younger than I thought... a whipper snapper, in fact. You're still welcome, of course...



Jun 02, 2013 at 05:06 PM
pburke
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2766 #20 · p.2766 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


CGrindahl wrote:
That's hilarious Rafael!

And Peter, that set of images is outstanding. Love the button bender shot but all are delicious. From you comment about taking classes at the moment, it appears you are younger than I thought... a whipper snapper, in fact. You're still welcome, of course...


this was in 1989 - and I was the oldest in the class

However, it appears so current, even 24 years later. The C-span video link with Jesse Jackson could almost be a speech from 2013



Jun 02, 2013 at 05:08 PM
1       2       3              2765      
2766
       2767              5892       5893       end






FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              2765      
2766
       2767              5892       5893       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password