Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              2750      
       2752              4371       4372       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2751 #1 · p.2751 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thanks for the cat comments!

Samy - I like the first one with the window, makes me want to study what the posters say.

John - Congrats on the 45, do you have plans to use this in landscapes?

Jose - Wow, the colors of that mosaic look as fresh as the day it was made. I've enjoyed looking at your trip images.

Apr 05, 2013 at 10:33 AM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2751 #2 · p.2751 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl wrote:

While I was waiting for the cable car at the foot of Powell Street where it intersects with Mission, I met a young man from Jose's hometown Sao Paolo, who was taking a grand tour through America before heading back to Brazil. His name is Luiz. He may show up hear at some point in time. He found Fred Miranda on his smartphone as we were chatting and I was telling him the story of Nikki. But this portrait was taken with the 105 f/2.5 P AI'd.

http://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-bXzGykDAsN4/UV4jUN2ajpI/AAAAAAAATyM/VS_t_kzFDKA/s1000/105.2.5.P.LuizSaoPaolo.jpg

I realized I needed a wider lens and mounted the 55 f/1.2 S.C. AI'd
...Show more

Iconic San Francisco, now that's what we all came to see! So far I like this set the best, but I'm sure that will change as you keep sharing.

Apr 05, 2013 at 10:35 AM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2751 #3 · p.2751 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

mp356 wrote:
The ugly side of Spring. You never know what treasures will be found after a long winter. Here a mangled shopping cart slowly emerges from a huge pile of melting snow in a local plaza parking lot. This is not a b&w conversion (it is that ugly). Taken with the 28 2.8 ais.

I love the simplicity of this shot. And who would'a guessed that it was snow. Very well seen.

Apr 05, 2013 at 10:36 AM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2751 #4 · p.2751 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

kwoodard wrote:
From my San Francisco excursion with family. Not sure what kind of plant these are, but they are quite beautiful.

Nikkor-Q 135mm f/2.8 wide open. This is BY FAR the hardest lens to focus with on my D7000. This was shot wide open. Usually I have to be at f/5.6 to get what I want in focus...

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8104/8621434090_5f4a4e4e83_b.jpg
DSC_7603 by Kevin.Woodard, on Flickr

Kevin, beautiful shot, I love the color.

Apr 05, 2013 at 10:37 AM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2751 #5 · p.2751 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

There's something wrong with my sensor and I don't think it's oil! It just started last evening and I don't know what to do, can you help me?

NIKON D600    0.0 mm f/0.0 lens    180mm    f/2.8    1/400s    1600 ISO    0.0 EV  

NIKON D600    0.0 mm f/0.0 lens    180mm    f/2.8    1/640s    1600 ISO    0.0 EV  

Apr 05, 2013 at 10:47 AM
Reagan
• • • •
p.2751 #6 · p.2751 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

^^^^^^^
Leighton, bring it to Florida along with the 28 I think that will cure it

Reagan

Apr 05, 2013 at 11:06 AM
georgms
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2751 #7 · p.2751 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w wrote:
There's something wrong with my sensor and I don't think it's oil! It just started last evening and I don't know what to do, can you help me?

Ahh, come on, Leighton, do you really wanna complain about some hot pixels?

I like both images, good job with the 180/2.8!

Apr 05, 2013 at 11:51 AM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
p.2751 #8 · p.2751 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Make sure you're typing outside the quote and frame tags. That's why I type at the top of what I quote, to make sure there's no funky tagging going on . Somehow you cut off one of the quote tags at the beginning.

My Favorite

Reagan

Why am I so small Help me!!!!!!!!

Apr 05, 2013 at 01:13 PM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
p.2751 #9 · p.2751 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Love this shot, Leighton, bet you could sell quite a few prints of it too.

leighton w wrote:

Mother and daughter as seen with the 180mm f2.8.
http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/ufiles/99/794399.jpg

Waving a fond farewell to Nikki, hopefully Customs has no issues with anything, since the original serial number of the lens is on the ring that APS sent back when the lens was repaired. I too, noticed that I had difficulties in getting f/1.8 with my copy of the HC, when I was at the museum on Wednesday. My replacement hood arrived Wednesday when I returned from the bone scan, so I'm not down a hood either.

Curtis, love the shots from SF

CGrindahl wrote:

So the mice have been busy while the cat is away... Four pages added during my "holiday" in San Francisco, which turned into a bit more of an ordeal than a joy. A long day ended with a two mile hike along the waterfront because my bright idea of using cable cars to bounce around the city threw me in with a mass of tourists that made any trip that emanated at the terminus for a line a LONG wait. The walk happened because I was told from my place at the end of a long line meant I'd
...Show more

Ronny, love this gull shot!

Ronny _Olsson wrote:
Great shot Curtis and Georg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8526/8619084213_3b320d286a_b.jpg
NIKKOR 180mm f/2.8 ED AI-s tc-200 teleconverter by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8120/8619329521_2851b06bb5_b.jpgon Flickr

Do it, Ray, you won't be sorry

MDoc9523 wrote:
Great shots Ronny with the 180 F2.8 ED. Between you and leighton you have me thinking of selling my 180 AI version and getting the ED. Shame on both of you

Mask, and use the self healing brush, maybe?

pburke wrote:
wow - didn't expect that much response on this one - almost didn't post it, as in color, I cannot remove the CA of the 300mm - look at this and tell me what you'd do in Photoshop CS5

http://didnt.doit.wisc.edu/photo/forum_pix/fredmiranda/300mm/corsair_chroma.jpg

I managed to get rid of most of the purple fringing with manual lens correction, but there's also green and red on various different edges, and no matter how I move the sliders, one of them will stay on the image or even get stronger as I remove the other abberations - thus the black and white conversion

Thanks Jose, those Pompeii shots are amazing, and pretty sobering when you think of the devastation involved.

asiostygius wrote:
Laura and Peter, fantastic plane shots;

Samy, Honor Flights are starting back up this month, so I imagine on Saturdays this will be full of WWII and Korean War veterans and Honor Flight volunteers. I go out to the airport to help welcome them home after their day of visiting the memorials.

saph wrote:
Wow, image after image that is terrific in the last few pages! Need to spend some time to go through all of them.

Quick couple of photos from Washington DC, both with the 28 3.5 PC. The first one is shifted the full extent, while the second I believe the shift screw was only partly shifted.

Samy

http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b530/sa_maryland_fotofun/WashingtonDC/WW2Memorial_zpsea609638.jpg

I see your point, it's fun to play with, and you can always Fade the effects too. I do like the grungy look of the Kestral's nozzle though.

Oosty wrote:
I agree with Raymond.

(Laura this post sums up my feelings on the "Nik - ed" photos in general, not only yours and is not a criticism of your images, which are always good.)

I had a brief foray with Silver Efex Pro when I was hanging out on the B&W Vision forum but found that I tended to overprocess images with the result that they lost their "freshness" (for want of a better word). Most of the images I like best on this thread have been minimally tweaked and have shown off the capabilities of the lenses more than the
...Show more

Leighton, somehow that all missed me, darn the luck.

leighton w wrote:

Apr 05, 2013 at 01:37 PM
Foggy14
• • •
p.2751 #10 · p.2751 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w wrote:

Barbara installed an IR filter as an April Fools joke?

Apr 05, 2013 at 02:51 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.2751 #11 · p.2751 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

For all those bewildered by how their comments appear Laura is offering sage advice. If you wish to post at the bottom of quoted text which you then modify, make certain there is the same number of [ quote ] tags and there are [ /quote ] tags. Of course there will be no space either before or after the word separating them from the two brackets. If your comments appear in golden color you know there is a missing end quote tag. Drop one in anywhere before you comments and you words should become white. If they don't, you may need a second end tag.

One further comment for the good of the order. Ben mentioned to me in our exchange of emails that he'll likely take Nikki for a spin once she has returned. He didn't appreciate when he took the initial photographs for our Great Adventure, that folks would so such marvelous work. He feels he'd like to make a further contribution, which seems fitting to me. I have quite a few more images to post and will do so until Ben begins sharing his work. Definitely, this has been an amazing thing we've all shared. We deserve a round of

Apr 05, 2013 at 02:54 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.2751 #12 · p.2751 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

We sneaked past 55,000 posts with nary a comment. I guess we're so busy playing with these great lenses and chatting with one another, the length of the thread is irrelevant. I'm still in awe that we've kept this thing alive for so long, though the arrival of new folks and the occasional return of some old friends is evidence that something worthwhile is happening here. We're doing good...

Apr 05, 2013 at 03:04 PM
Foggy14
• • •
p.2751 #13 · p.2751 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Peter and Jose, thanks for the comments!

Jose, "House of Neptune" is a beautiful mosaic and a great photograph.

Curtis, excellent shots from SF. The b&w's are especially nice.

Leighton, terrific composition on the two cats.

Anton, great work with that fancy schmancy 45 PC-E.

Ronny, love the gull and reflection.

Peter, the perspective on your last plane shot is very nice.

Samy, your windows and posters shot is really fascinating.

Kevin, nice composition and bokeh with the 135.

Apr 05, 2013 at 03:16 PM
Reagan
• • • •
p.2751 #14 · p.2751 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thanks Laura
Curtis, It doesn't seem that long ago when we were passing the "Nikon Best Shots" thread and going past 10,000

"Tempus Fugit"

Reagan

Apr 05, 2013 at 03:42 PM
designdog
• •
p.2751 #15 · p.2751 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

OK, this is just a quick shot of our home after the rain passed. I am using the 25-50 4 AI-s, which I just received via USPS. I am liking it. After some experience, the photos will be much better, I am sure...

D700 25-50 4 AI-s

Apr 05, 2013 at 03:42 PM
kwoodard
• • • •
p.2751 #16 · p.2751 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Now, I wish I could say that this is one of my images. It was taken with my camera, but it is in fact taken by my 7 year old niece Eliza. She likes to take pictures with her little camera and has so much raw talent when it comes to photography, I can only see greatness coming from her. I didn't have to do anything to this picture accept adjust color. Composition and line are all her. Very well done Eliza.

Nikkor-Q 135mm @hyperfocal distance.

DSC_7609crop by Kevin.Woodard, on Flickr

Apr 05, 2013 at 03:46 PM
Reagan
• • • •
p.2751 #17 · p.2751 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Hope you like it David
Sent you a PM

Reagan

Apr 05, 2013 at 03:47 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2751 #18 · p.2751 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Kevin, tell Eliza well done!

Apr 05, 2013 at 04:00 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2751 #19 · p.2751 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Reagan wrote:
Hope you like it David
Sent you a PM

Reagan

Do you do this on purpose to keep us guessing?

Apr 05, 2013 at 04:01 PM
MDoc9523
• • • • •
p.2751 #20 · p.2751 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w wrote:
Do you do this on purpose to keep us guessing?

Looks like Reagan has sold another lens

Apr 05, 2013 at 04:17 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password