Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              2740      
       2742              4376       4377       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2741 #1 · p.2741 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl wrote:
I think it would be more difficult to view on most monitors Kevin. Besides these are always very subjective choices we make in how we process images. This was how I shot it, so I guess this is how I saw it.

This one is a bit easier. I couldn't resist adding one shot taken with Nikki. This was taken on the way up Mount Tamalpais. There are spectacular vistas in all directions from the mountain, but this is certainly one of the most dramatic. It is another wide shot folks...

leighton w wrote:
Nice, I've never seen the city from this perspective. I bet the local developers salivate every time they think about what they could build on those hills!

CGrindahl wrote:
One of the joys and wonders about Marin is how much land is protected from development because it is either part of a national park, state park or protected watershed. In addition, the Marin Agricultural Land Trust allows farmers to protect land for future generations and the Coastal Commission places strict limits on development at the coast. So it doesn't really matter what developers want... they can't have it...

You must have some forward thinking people on the county's board of supervisors. When I was growing up in Northern Virginia there was some greedy and corrupt folks on the boards of some of the counties that destroyed farm land at an unbelievable rate in the name of "progress". Now they're paying the price for the number one traffic gridlock in the country!

Apr 02, 2013 at 04:16 PM
asiostygius
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2741 #2 · p.2741 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thank you Jeff!
Excellent tip on stacking, Jeff.

The main counter in a bar at Herculaneum:

Bar at Herculaneum by labecoaves, on Flickr

L-shaped counter with five embedded terracotta containers. The counter is covered with a mosaic of coloured marble. According to the excellent book of Wallace-Hadrill( Herculaneum - past and future, 2011), the terracota cointainers stored dry food, not hot food or liquids as some claimed.
D7000 + Nikkor 20mm f/2.8 ais CPU'd hand held, ISO 500, f/8 at 1/640s.

Terracota containers in a bar, Herculaneum by labecoaves, on Flickr

A small counter with 3 terracota countainers at the background of the L-shapped main counter.
According to the excellent book of Wallace-Hadrill (Herculaneum - past and future, 2011), the terracota cointainers stored dry food, not hot food or liquids as some claimed.
D7000 + Nikkor 20mm f/2.8 ais CPU'd hand held, ISO 500, f/8 at 1/320s.

Apr 02, 2013 at 04:19 PM
mp356
• • • •
p.2741 #3 · p.2741 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

jhinkey wrote:
For Scott -

Here's a shot with the 16/3.5 on a D300 with some straight lines to show it without correction and with 93% correction in NX2. I have some perspective distortion due to having the lens tilted up just a bit, but you get the idea - most of the remaining distortion can definitely be taken out and you get about an effective 21mm FX FOV.

I loved using the 16/3.5 on my D300 for wide shots with a really small prime . . .

John

Hi John
Thank you for posting these. Looks like things clean up nice on a DX format body.
Scott

Apr 02, 2013 at 04:25 PM
mp356
• • • •
p.2741 #4 · p.2741 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl wrote:
I was out for the evening and have only scratched the surface of what I shot today. Tomorrow weather looks great, so I'll head to San Francisco for sure. Frankly, I'll be happy to box Nikki up on Thursday and pass her back to Ben. I'm exhausted!

What! You're not going to take her to Big Sur, Yosemite NP, Redwoods NP, Sequoia NP, Lake Tahoe, etc, etc, etc............... We feel cheated!

Apr 02, 2013 at 04:29 PM
mp356
• • • •
p.2741 #5 · p.2741 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Zichar wrote:
Wow Roland, your wife's really talented. Love the bunnies

+1 Roland. A creative candy maker.

Apr 02, 2013 at 04:33 PM
Reagan
• • • •
p.2741 #6 · p.2741 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Same thing in Florida
The developers have pushed the Everglades back 20 miles in the name of progress

Nuts and Bolts and a photo I like but can't get rid of the people behind the sign I tried in Lightroom but couldn't do it

First 2 with the 50 1.4SC and the road with the 105

Reagan

NIKON D600    0.0 mm f/0.0 lens    50mm    f/1.4    1/640s    200 ISO    +0.3 EV  

NIKON D600    0.0 mm f/0.0 lens    50mm    f/1.4    1/640s    200 ISO    +0.3 EV  

NIKON D600    0.0 mm f/0.0 lens    105mm    f/8.0    1/200s    200 ISO    +0.3 EV  

Apr 02, 2013 at 04:44 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.2741 #7 · p.2741 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

mp356 wrote:
What! You're not going to take her to Big Sur, Yosemite NP, Redwoods NP, Sequoia NP, Lake Tahoe, etc, etc, etc............... We feel cheated!

There is an open invitation Scott... come on over and you can show the world these wonderful places. This is the downside of living in paradise... there is just too much to see... You didn't mention Mount Shasta, Mount Lassen, the Land of the Giants redwoods all to the north. Then there is Lake Tahoe and the Sierra mountains or the Trinity Wilderness. Carmel and Monterey are not bad places to visit either, but alas, my two weeks are coming to an end. Although I could likely convince Ben that I needed more time, but then everyone else in my life who has been ignored the last two weeks might actually REBEL...

Apr 02, 2013 at 04:47 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.2741 #8 · p.2741 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

This from Ridgecrest Boulevard rides a crest above the Pacific Ocean with fantastic views in every direction. It has been used often for car commercials so it make be familiar to folks as I post photos from the area. Here is a link to a website for cyclists who are always on the lookout for great rides.

http://weliketobike.com/tag/ridgecrest-boulevard/

And here is a three photo panorama taken with the 24 f/2.8 N.C. AI'd looking down upon Stinson Beach and Bolinas Bay shown a few days ago from photos I took at the bottom of this crest.

And Nikki taking in the scene. Shot with the 35 f/2 O AI'd.

Apr 02, 2013 at 05:00 PM
mp356
• • • •
p.2741 #9 · p.2741 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Curtis, you do live in a beautiful area. I am really enjoying seeing it through yours and Nikki's eyes. By contrast, this one was taken on my way to work today. With the snow, somehow it feels like it is still Aprils Fools Day. Taken with the 28 2.8 ais on the V1.
Scott

No golfers today!

Apr 02, 2013 at 05:01 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.2741 #10 · p.2741 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Man, this seems impossible Scott. Doe this happen most years? I hope summer arrives before August, since that is when I'll be heading to upstate New York for a visit. Sue has a brother and a dear friend near Woodstock and we plan to spend time there.

In the meantime, lest folks think I've forgotten Muir Woods, here is a downpayment. The sky is opening up so I need to begin getting ready. I imagine by tomorrow night I'll have so many unprocessed images that I won't need to take another photo for a month...

Shot with Nikki, our friend 85 f/1.8 H.C. AI'd lens on loan from Ben.

Apr 02, 2013 at 05:17 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

MDoc9523
• • • • •
p.2741 #11 · p.2741 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Curtis I love the view of the redwoods. Nicely done!
Ray the Easter eggs is very cute
Mike great work with the Nikon 28mm 2.0
Curtis I absolutely adore the vista views of San Fran
Chuong the ball park photo is superb!
Roland what a beautiful cat!
Peter I really like the sunflower
Jose the 20mm really works on the D7000. Very nice!
Reagan looks like you had a great time despite the colder weather
Scott thank you for the snow photo. Although I had seen golfers play in snow with yellow golf balls

Apr 02, 2013 at 05:19 PM
MDoc9523
• • • • •
p.2741 #12 · p.2741 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl wrote:
There is an open invitation Scott... come on over and you can show the world these wonderful places. This is the downside of living in paradise... there is just too much to see... You didn't mention Mount Shasta, Mount Lassen, the Land of the Giants redwoods all to the north. Then there is Lake Tahoe and the Sierra mountains or the Trinity Wilderness. Carmel and Monterey are not bad places to visit either, but alas, my two weeks are coming to an end. Although I could likely convince Ben that I needed more time, but then everyone else
...Show more
So many sites to see in your neck of the woods. I know it's hard to decide but I too was looking for your Yosemite photos

Apr 02, 2013 at 05:21 PM
raboof
• • •
p.2741 #13 · p.2741 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thanks everyone for your comments. It's been a few weeks that I haven't pickup my camera. I got a couple of hours on Saturday so I headed to the University of Cincinnati campus with the 16mm f3.5and the 85mm f1.4. I am still learning the 16mm. Here is one with the 85mm.

.. a bit of purple added. I guess I miss Philippe.

Apr 02, 2013 at 05:36 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2741 #14 · p.2741 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Reagan wrote:
Nuts and Bolts and a photo I like but can't get rid of the people behind the sign I tried in Lightroom but couldn't do it

Reagan

Here you go Reagan. Love the bolts.

Apr 02, 2013 at 06:36 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2741 #15 · p.2741 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl wrote:

This from Ridgecrest Boulevard rides a crest above the Pacific Ocean with fantastic views in every direction. It has been used often for car commercials so it make be familiar to folks as I post photos from the area. Here is a link to a website for cyclists who are always on the lookout for great rides.

http://weliketobike.com/tag/ridgecrest-boulevard/

And Nikki taking in the scene. Shot with the 35 f/2 O AI'd.

http://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-7E9NNiXjooo/UVsOZQDcwBI/AAAAAAAATfQ/rXyxv9AvH5Q/s1000/35.2.O.NikkiOnRidgecrestBlvd.jpg

I really like this one, Nikki looks like she's catching some rays. Beautiful countryside.

Apr 02, 2013 at 06:38 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2741 #16 · p.2741 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

mp356 wrote:
Curtis, you do live in a beautiful area. I am really enjoying seeing it through yours and Nikki's eyes. By contrast, this one was taken on my way to work today. With the snow, somehow it feels like it is still Aprils Fools Day. Taken with the 28 2.8 ais on the V1.
Scott

Scott, YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING!! Nice image but MAN...

Apr 02, 2013 at 06:39 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2741 #17 · p.2741 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

raboof wrote:
Thanks everyone for your comments. It's been a few weeks that I haven't pickup my camera. I got a couple of hours on Saturday so I headed to the University of Cincinnati campus with the 16mm f3.5and the 85mm f1.4. I am still learning the 16mm. Here is one with the 85mm.

Very nice work Chuong, I liked your earlier ones as well.

Apr 02, 2013 at 06:40 PM
bruni
• • •
p.2741 #18 · p.2741 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl wrote:
Although I could likely convince Ben that I needed more time, but then everyone else in my life who has been ignored the last two weeks might actually REBEL...

er.....no.......Curtis .....you could NOT likely convince Ben......lol.......

ben

Apr 02, 2013 at 08:02 PM
georgms
• • • •
p.2741 #19 · p.2741 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Curtis, I just love the foggy Panos!

Scott, congrats to your V1! It's a neat little machine - with some shortcomings and some good features.
I hope the color of your V1 doesn't match the white on your fine winterly golf-court ;-)

Chuong, I really like the image taken with the 85/1.4 - interesting play with the architecture and great colors.

Reagan, love the bokeh-signature of the old 50/1.4! It renders the background in bonanza-fashion , I like this effect for certain subjects.

Jose, a bar-counter for dry goods? I'm totally shaken by this information - can't imagine the ancient Roman's as dry muesli-eaters
Very good photography notwithstanding the "dry subject".

Roland, congrats to your new 180/2.8ED! I like your series - especially the 1st image and the very last shot with the swirly bokeh.

Mike, nice work with the 28/2Ai! This lens (in different variants) was my go-to-optic for many, many news-shots.

Ray, nice airy easter-decorations-shot!

Apr 02, 2013 at 08:04 PM
bruni
• • •
p.2741 #20 · p.2741 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

raboof wrote:

nice shot Chuong

yeah, me too. I miss Phillippe - maybe I'll start adding purple to all my shots till he returns

(this could get ugly)

ben

Apr 02, 2013 at 08:04 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password