Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              2724      
       2726              3802       3803       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

MarkdV
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2725 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl wrote:
I'll second Laura's comment Mark about the TC-201. I've used it on the 300 f/4.5 AI-s ED-IF with fine results. Of course, without a tripod that is a bit of a stretch for me. And I don't have the tripod mount for that lens, so I don't often use the lens with that extender, but rather one of the 1.4x versions. Hopefully, you'll soon get some warm weather and brighter light to use you rediscovered prize.

Thanks Curtis and Laura for your advise. the 300mm 4.5 is exactly what I wanted to use it on and I do have a tripod that I frequently use so the slower shutter speeds won't be an issue for certain subjects and I think looking at the effect on the 55mm it may even make the DOF look better on the 300. Some more playing coming up I think.

Mar 29, 2013 at 07:15 PM
pburke
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2725 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I see a purple! Select color range - invert?

Mar 29, 2013 at 07:39 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2725 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

raboof wrote:
Inspired by the education from adjustment by selection. I tried something I always wanted to do

Wow Chuong...reminds me of purple haze.

Mar 29, 2013 at 07:48 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2725 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Here are a few from around the farm. All with the 55mm f2.8.

Jed

Mud Season

Sign of Spring!

Mar 29, 2013 at 08:22 PM
saph
• • • •
p.2725 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Leighton, there used to be a Jimi Hendrix song once upon a time, but the question is how do you remember that through the haze

Cloudy yesterday so gave up on the chained TC idea. Sun's out right now, so there is guarded optimism about a try at the moon in a few hours. I played around with the TC-301, TC14B and the TC 16A to see if the combo worked together and with the 500 F4 P. The TC14B's interface doesn't jive with the other TCs.

So what I can do is TC301 and the TC 16A for a 1600mm FL with the 500 F4 P. A test inside seemed to work pretty well on a magazine about 20-25 ft away, seems like good edge sharpness too, wide open. The lens was just sitting on a long QR plate on a counter, with a book propped snug under the camera for stability.

The aperture shows as the one on the lens, even though at F/4 I believe the effective aperture of the contraption was ~ F/13. The focus confirm dot just disappeared completely, no flickering arrows either. But with enough light, live view focusing worked pretty well.

No time to download and post the test shot yet, but hopefully later tonight I will see what happens at infinity with the moon for a real test.

Samy

Mar 29, 2013 at 09:01 PM
MDoc9523
• • • •
p.2725 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Chuong I love the purple shot!
Leighton you must be on my wave length. I took the 55mm out today as well
Great shot of the "sign of spring"

Mar 29, 2013 at 09:02 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2725 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

saph wrote:
Leighton, there used to be a Jimi Hendrix song once upon a time, but the question is how do you remember that through the haze

I wasn't talking about the song!

Mar 29, 2013 at 09:03 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2725 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

MDoc9523 wrote:
Chuong I love the purple shot!
Leighton you must be on my wave length. I took the 55mm out today as well
Great shot of the "sign of spring"

Thanks Ray. Great minds think alike.

Mar 29, 2013 at 09:05 PM
deang001
• • •
p.2725 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thanks everyone for the nice comments.

raboof wrote:
Dean - Abandoned village...WOW! If I were there, my D700 probably will need a shutter replacement once I am done shooting Awesome shots.

Chuong - I nearly cried when I stepped off the boat ... it was like finding gold

MarkdV wrote:
Wow, just beautiful.
I think I read an article on this place recently, after the last bond film came out there was a series on the abandoned islands that the bad guys lair was based on. Great to see it after reading abut it.

Thanks for the info, Mark - I never knew that.

pburke wrote:
Love it - has a real old world feel to it. Color graded, or is this the actual light?

Thanks, Peter. I used a Portra 800 film preset from VSCO as a starting point and then played with the white balance, contrast, shadows, vignetting and highlights to try and give them an "otherworldly" type appearance. Some are shot at F/1.2 which gives the outer parts of the frame a dreamy & low contrast look. I love my 50/1.2

Oosty wrote:
Dean - really good pics of the little salt field! maybe it was used up?

Thanks, Pete - you're probably right. Will be interesting to see what they do with the island ... I think they should just leave it as is and donate the place to photographers

Zichar wrote:
That's rather cool, Dean. So is the whole village abandoned? That'll be some serious urbex work down there! Inspired by Josť and Pompeii perhaps

Yip ... whole place abandoned but apparently the two organic farmers live there most of the time now. Had to google "urbex" , but yes, there will be many more visits to explore this place

Mar 29, 2013 at 10:51 PM
deang001
• • •
p.2725 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w wrote:
Here are a few from around the farm. All with the 55mm f2.8.

Wonderful, Leighton.

I love the look on your dog's face ... those loyal doting eyes. Jed looks like a champ.

The 55/2.8 never fails to deliver the goods.

Mar 29, 2013 at 11:02 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Ronny _Olsson
• • •
p.2725 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Really nice shot Leighton

Mar 29, 2013 at 11:19 PM
Foggy14
• • •
p.2725 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Wow, I'm just catching up on this week's photos and the amount of creative work is impressive!

Ronny, the results you got from the 180mm and a 2x converter is much better than I would have expected. Very nice.

Welcome John, great dog!

Curtis, beautiful landscapes and your close-up work with Nikki and the PK-13 is in a league of it's own.

Peter, the first lightning photo you posted is amazing.

Scott, I really like the look of the frozen pond and the composition of the rebar shot is excellent.

Laura, the M&M's are a hoot!

Rafael and Jose, great bird and moonshots. Your rigs, and the results you get from them, are pretty impressive.

Ron, really nice antique look on the shot of the building.

Kevin, wonderful portraits.

Welcome Jim, great colors!

Mark, I love the shots of the farm animals and the pink hue of the little piggies.

Craig, welcome, really nice ones from Estes Park.

Jose, the brickwork series is fascinating and really well done.

Dean, great bike series and I love the look of your "Little Salt Field" photos.

Thanks Georg, wonderful photos the past few days. "Driving Snow" and "Spring is Late I and II" are my favorites. Also, there is something about the composition the the Lighthouse and clouds that really draws me in. Great work!

Ray, love the golden colors of your Egret shot.

Goran, really like the 105mm with extension tube shots.

Mike, welcome, nice Central Park shots. The first one is a real beauty.

Chin, love the look of the "Sogglu" pano.

Peter, beautiful work on the lake shots and thanks for sharing your stacking insights.

Chuong, very cool colors.

Leighton, that's a wonderful portrait of Jed. Love the composition.

Edited on Mar 30, 2013 at 03:50 PM · View previous versions

Mar 29, 2013 at 11:39 PM
Reagan
• • • •
p.2725 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Only up to page 2709
Is the Nik software bundle
download only or does it ship

Reagan

Mar 30, 2013 at 12:22 AM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.2725 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Ahh, I see Reagan is on the board. I shot this with him in mind... today in Berkeley.

Nikki, of course, with a little help from SEP 2.

Mar 30, 2013 at 12:37 AM
Reagan
• • • •
p.2725 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Love the california girls and the Nikki photos
I don't remember who did the baseball series with the blurred leg rounding the bag but I loved all 3

Reagan

Mar 30, 2013 at 12:41 AM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.2725 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

pburke wrote:
Curtis,

...The tripod collar you're missing is a 15 minute DIY project.

Peter

You reckon without my incurable bias toward aesthetics. That is the reason I will only buy pre-AI lenses that already have the Nikon AI conversion kit installed. It is also the reason I would NEVER mount anything but the tripod mount Nikon intended to put on that lens...

I don't put bumper stickers on my car either, so you get the idea. I love these lenses both for how they perform and for the aesthetic experience of enjoying their beauty. I'm not a snob, but it is one of the ways I find pleasure in life. That's probably why I like Mac computers...

Mar 30, 2013 at 12:44 AM
Reagan
• • • •
p.2725 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

+1
No hack jobs,no stickers and a Mac snob

Impatient on waiting for an answer So I am downloading it now

Reagan

Edited on Mar 30, 2013 at 12:49 AM · View previous versions

Mar 30, 2013 at 12:47 AM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.2725 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Sue sends her regards. The wave is for Nikki...

Mar 30, 2013 at 12:48 AM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.2725 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I snapped this in north Berkeley and it was only later I noticed three of the people waiting outside a favorite food cooperative were preoccupied with their telephones... Shot with Nikki, converted with Silver Efex Pro 2.

Mar 30, 2013 at 12:50 AM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.2725 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

But there was some color in Berkeley...

This is what folks were waiting for... from the Juice Bar Collective.

And across the street...

Mar 30, 2013 at 12:57 AM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password