Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              2720      
       2722              4051       4052       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2721 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

m1mgd00 wrote:
Ray, Mark, Peter, etc.,

Thanks for the good wishes and comments! And I'm sorry I forgot to add my name (Mike) to my first post. I will keep 'em coming, though not quite as prodigiously as some of you (not unless I want to embarrass myself; there is a lot of really spectacular work in this thread).

Mike

Welcome Mike, don't worry about embarrassing yourself, I do it all the time!

Mar 28, 2013 at 09:11 PM
David Antilley
• •
p.2721 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl wrote:
Beautifully said Peter. I was speaking to the bicycle man yesterday about what we're doing on this thread. In fact, I've told the story to a number of folks recently as I've been giving Nikki a tour of the Bay area. I had no idea where things would lead after the thread began. One of the reasons I keep saying the thread belongs to all of us, is that I'm not smart enough to know what we should be doing here. It is far better to simply ride the wave. We have people coming and going, and as you say
...Show more

Great lesson today.

David

Mar 28, 2013 at 09:11 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2721 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

designdog wrote:
Help!

The sun finally came out in Richmond, and I grabbed my D700 to take some photos. It is dead. As a doorknob. Nothing comes on any screen, no lights, no shutter, nothing even with turning it on and off, changing lenses, cards etc. Now, I have the Nikon battery pack, and I took it off. Nothing. Tried reversing the batteries. Nothing. I am patiently charging both batteries again as a last resort.

Called KEH, from whom I bought this (LN, 900 shutter count) and they were very nice. It is under their warranty, and they will get it fixed. (Dont have
...Show more

Judging by the images I've seen by the D800 users on this thread I'd say go for it!

Mar 28, 2013 at 09:13 PM
bruni
• • •
p.2721 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

georgms wrote:
Some recent images taken with various MF-Nikkor's:

httm.

lovely Georg

love that first one.

the next 2 are interesting - the pole in the foreground is straight but the building seems to tilt and curve - maybe it's an optical illusion ?
ps - I like the flare in the first one.

ben

Mar 28, 2013 at 09:13 PM
bruni
• • •
p.2721 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Oosty wrote:
Goerg, I love the snowdrops - gorgeous!

+1
lovely Georg

the next 2 are interesting too - the pole in the foreground is straight but the building seems to tilt and curve - maybe it's an optical illusion ?

ben

Mar 28, 2013 at 09:16 PM
georgms
• • • •
p.2721 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Chin, your nightly pano is simply fantastic! Wow!
Btw, your poodle-double-portraits are first rate too.

Mar 28, 2013 at 09:18 PM
georgms
• • • •
p.2721 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Peter, your "ice-scapes" are beautifully captured. I like especially the shot from the shoreline.
Under certain conditions the old 20/3.5 is a bit better than the 20/2.8D and the 14-24/2.8 when it comes to flare and ghosting. Removing dust-spots is a major pain, a good reason to shoot fast lenses wide-open only ;-)

Mar 28, 2013 at 09:26 PM
georgms
• • • •
p.2721 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

bruni wrote:
+1
lovely Georg

the next 2 are interesting too - the pole in the foreground is straight but the building seems to tilt and curve - maybe it's an optical illusion ?

ben

Thanks, Ben!
Actually I was quite happy with the amount of distortion displayed in these shots (the only lens-correction I did in PS was a modest rotation). Some earlier shots with the 28/3.5PC did show more hard-to-correct distortion. Flare is for sure an issue with (my copy of) this lens. In this case it was okay and added a bit mood.
The 24/3.5 PC-E and it's 45mm-brother are dream-lenses for me - maybe sometimes...

Mar 28, 2013 at 09:33 PM
Paul Gardner
• • •
p.2721 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w: Are we doubles?

Mar 28, 2013 at 09:38 PM
MDoc9523
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2721 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

designdog wrote:
Help!

The sun finally came out in Richmond, and I grabbed my D700 to take some photos. It is dead. As a doorknob. Nothing comes on any screen, no lights, no shutter, nothing even with turning it on and off, changing lenses, cards etc. Now, I have the Nikon battery pack, and I took it off. Nothing. Tried reversing the batteries. Nothing. I am patiently charging both batteries again as a last resort.

Called KEH, from whom I bought this (LN, 900 shutter count) and they were very nice. It is under their warranty, and they will get it fixed. (Dont have
...Show more

Go for it!!!!

Mar 28, 2013 at 09:43 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

georgms
• • • •
p.2721 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Scott and Curtis, Leighton, Mark and Peter - thanks for your kind words!

Mar 28, 2013 at 09:48 PM
MDoc9523
• • • •
p.2721 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

BTW I haven't heard a word about Global Warming all month

Mar 28, 2013 at 09:48 PM
georgms
• • • •
p.2721 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

designdog wrote:
Help!

Called KEH, from whom I bought this (LN, 900 shutter count) and they were very nice. It is under their warranty, and they will get it fixed. (Don�t have
...Show more

Sorry to hear about your trouble with the dead D700!
Only 50% for a very new Fuji-outfit would be a deal-breaker for me. I would keep the hopefully soon repaired D700.
Best of luck, Georg.

Mar 28, 2013 at 09:53 PM
georgms
• • • •
p.2721 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

MDoc9523 wrote:

Good one, Ray
I'm old-fashioned, I just enjoy a cold winter with lots of snow as well as a nice spring and a warm summer.
Btw, we should get some more fresh snow over at Easter;-)

Mar 28, 2013 at 09:59 PM
jhinkey
• • • • •
p.2721 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

MDoc9523 wrote:

Wait for this summer . . . .

Mar 28, 2013 at 11:18 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.2721 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

georgms wrote:
Sorry to hear about your trouble with the dead D700!
Only 50% for a very new Fuji-outfit would be a deal-breaker for me. I would keep the hopefully soon repaired D700.
Best of luck, Georg.

I'm with Georg on this one. Yes, these lenses perform very well on the Nikon D800 cameras, but unless you're hungry for that many megapixels, I think getting the D700 repaired on KEH's dime and keeping the sweet smaller Fuji makes good sense. Folks on this thread know that I was not especially excited when I shot with the D800. My computer wasn't happy with the big files. I don't print so I hardly needed them. The D700 is a really great camera though if the D600 had the build quality of the D700 I'd like take the plunge. But Nikon isn't giving me what would motivate me to upgrade so I'm sticking with the D700. In fact, I'm considering adding a second, but that likely has more to do with NAS. I've pretty much run out of lenses to buy so I've got to practice my addiction someplace else...

Mar 28, 2013 at 11:29 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.2721 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I posted this on a couple of other threads, but it really belongs here... a shot using Nikki with a PK-13 extension tube attached.

Nikki works with tubes too!

Mar 28, 2013 at 11:42 PM
pburke
• • •
p.2721 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

MDoc9523 wrote:

Probably because people falsely equate lots of snow with colder weather. Meanwhile, the driest place on earth is in Antarctica.

We also don't have a lot of Aussie members in this thread. They are getting cooked down under.

I wonder if AF or MF lenses are better suited for 114F shooting conditions?

Mar 29, 2013 at 12:06 AM
GoranPhoto
• •
p.2721 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

It's been too cold outside lately, so I've been discovering little things around the house to take pictures of. Here's some loose change with a desk lamp providing some warm lighting.

Change by GoranPhoto, on Flickr

Mar 29, 2013 at 12:21 AM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.2721 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Nice shot Goran. Yes, it is a great way to occupy oneself without visiting the elements, especially when they are unpleasant.

I'd encourage you to note the setup you're using when you post photos. It helps the rest of us as we refine our eye and make decisions about what lenses and extension tubes to add to our kits. Our celebration includes both sharing photos and experience with gear. To my mind that gives us the best of all possible words. I'm glad you found us and have decided to join the conversation. Fred Miranda is about much more that buying and selling gear. Welcome.

Mar 29, 2013 at 12:29 AM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password