Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              2711      
       2713              4306       4307       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

MDoc9523
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2712 #1 · p.2712 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Curtis you have posted some wonderful photos with breathtaking views. This one in particular is very impressive. The sky is amazing, with detail that is extraordinary. Simply a work of art!

Mar 26, 2013 at 08:33 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2712 #2 · p.2712 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

PETER! Those are stunning. You can bore us all day with shot like this!

Mar 26, 2013 at 08:37 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.2712 #3 · p.2712 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thanks Ray... high praise coming from you. I always enjoy your work both for the fine eye you have for composition but also for the skill with which you handle shooting AND processing. As much as I enjoyed your work with the DX camera, I think in finding your D600 you've come home to FX where all these MF lenses belong. I think we're having a great time...

PS - That sky took some fancy footwork in LR. Love these digital tools. Now I've got to get my handle on the Nik products. Much to learn...

Mar 26, 2013 at 08:41 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2712 #4 · p.2712 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Oosty wrote:
What a day - gorgeous autumn morning, hot afternoon and a rare thunderstorm this evening. Nothing like Johannesburg but exciting to grab!!

Nothing from me for a while and today I'll bore the pants off you!

Great captures Peter, I like this one the best.

Mar 26, 2013 at 08:43 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2712 #5 · p.2712 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Well Curtis, you've been a busy little beaver of late. This is the most we've seen from you in a long time! Keep them coming, Nikki or not. I really like this one for it's perspective and composition. But your sensor needs cleaning.

Mar 26, 2013 at 08:45 PM
MDoc9523
• • • • •
p.2712 #6 · p.2712 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

So funny you should say that about FX Curtis. I was just commenting to Melody today about how different my lenses behave on the D600. This is not something I was expecting. Although Dx uses the sweet part of these lenses having the totality shows their true character.

Mar 26, 2013 at 08:50 PM
MDoc9523
• • • • •
p.2712 #7 · p.2712 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Peter your Lightening shots are amazing!

Mar 26, 2013 at 08:51 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2712 #8 · p.2712 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

MDoc9523 wrote:
So funny you should say that about FX Curtis. I was just commenting to Melody today about how different my lenses behave on the D600. This is not something I was expecting. Although Dx uses the sweet part of these lenses having the totality shows their true character.

Fun....ain't it?

Mar 26, 2013 at 08:53 PM
MDoc9523
• • • • •
p.2712 #9 · p.2712 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Yep

Mar 26, 2013 at 09:03 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.2712 #10 · p.2712 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Leighton, the only reason you know my sensor is dirty is because I gave you such a large file of the landscape orientation of this perspective. I know its dirty but I'm too busy shooting to clean it and I figure at the size we generally post we can get away with it. But if I can talk about your pastimes, I guess it is only fair that you should call me out on my dirty sensor...

And Ray, this is what I did with that photo. As you can see, there doesn't appear to be much there in the original image. The key apart from backing off both highlights and exposure, was reducing luminance in the blue channel. In Nik Viveza 2 I increased structure a bit.

Mar 26, 2013 at 09:05 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

MarkdV
• • •
p.2712 #11 · p.2712 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Great lightning capture Peter. Love your other recent shots from SA as well with the 500.

Curtis, yes this is a hard winter but I know that Spring is near and soon I'll be moaning about the heat. Your work with Nikki is really great, I look through the blog with all the photos and am amazed at the talent that has been focussed through this lens and you've certainly kept up the high standard! I'm certainly ready for that warm beach though. What is really great is this last stop seems to have inspired plenty of people on this thread, it's exploded (more than usual) in the last few days with incredible quality.

Mar 26, 2013 at 09:16 PM
MarkdV
• • •
p.2712 #12 · p.2712 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I was working on my capture for the weekly challenge and noticed in one shot I scored an un-intended self portrait, complete with the latest accessory for the incredibly clumsy man about the house.

Why are pirates so grumpy? They just arrrrr!

Mar 26, 2013 at 09:19 PM
Ronny _Olsson
• • • •
p.2712 #13 · p.2712 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Oosty wrote:
+1 - are those Cedar waxwings?

Thank's everyone

believe it is a different version of them that you wrote "Bohemian Waxwing" ?
Sidensvans in swedish

Great shot on the thunderstorm

Mar 26, 2013 at 09:25 PM
rankamateur
• • •
p.2712 #14 · p.2712 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Curtis! amazing shots with the 24. Just one gripe. Regan would like to see that one beach shot a whole lot closer(the one with the blonde in it)

Peter those are amazing shots of the lightning.

Mar 26, 2013 at 09:37 PM
pburke
• • • •
p.2712 #15 · p.2712 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl wrote:
Of course, this is something that is easy for someone from California to laugh about. I remember the months of hard winter and there wasn't much fun about it. I imagine that is especially true when as a skier you're kept from the magnificent slopes so close at hand.

funny you should say that - I am headed to the California Sierras for some backcountry ski touring next month. Some lighter MF lenses will be joining me (20mm f3.5 for sure, still hoping for a 16mm).

I'm traveling 2000 miles to see your icy slopes, while you're busy taking pictures of flowers already. All that while I still have snow on the ground here.

Mar 26, 2013 at 09:41 PM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
p.2712 #16 · p.2712 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thanks Peter!

Oosty wrote:
And I like the others too!

Yup, that's when they appear. Although, it's normally not too hot then, either.

Oosty wrote:
Ron, don't you get the sunflowers at theend of summer ?

Nice 500 shots, Peter. No quirky donuts either

Oosty wrote:
Full internet again - at last!!

Really nice images in past day or so and a bunch of new things to try - stacking, Nik etc etc

Out again with the 500 f8 - it was on the camera and looking at Don Jean's images on the "Big Daddy" thread ( http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1198809 ) got me to go out today - it is a glorious autumn day here!

Thanks Jeff, I may, someday, go back and take a pottery class there.

Foggy14 wrote:
Laura, beautiful shot of a beautifully made vase.

wow, I didn't even think of this... hmmmmm....

raboof wrote:
Yeah, nice shot Ronny. I once stacked two tc-200's and a tc-14b together with my 300mm f2.8 AIS. The result was not so good

Welcome John, and nice pup! Does she have something wrong with the right eye (cataract?), or is it just a trick of the light?

jbailey930 wrote:

My first contribution here -- D800 with 105 2.5 at F/4
focus on her right eye

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8511/8585149475_d38baab063_c.jpg

And now waves are crashing in my head, thanks Curtis. (it's a good thing)

CGrindahl wrote:

And a solitary person walking at the end of the water where the sand is firm... again with SEP 2.

http://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-g3g3R3_C7rQ/UVH2IgUcoMI/AAAAAAAASsw/lNoNTz95Vo8/s1000/85.1.8.HC.SolitaryBeachWalkBW.jpg

Mar 26, 2013 at 09:43 PM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
p.2712 #17 · p.2712 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

WOW Peter, what timing! Houses are all too close together here to get that sort of shot.

Oosty wrote:
What a day - gorgeous autumn morning, hot afternoon and a rare thunderstorm this evening. Nothing like Johannesburg but exciting to grab!!

Nothing from me for a while and today I'll bore the pants off you

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/ufiles/03/790903.jpg

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/ufiles/04/790904.jpg

Love the self portrait, Mark, and at the pirate comment. ARRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrr

MarkdV wrote:
I was working on my capture for the weekly challenge and noticed in one shot I scored an un-intended self portrait, complete with the latest accessory for the incredibly clumsy man about the house.

Mar 26, 2013 at 09:48 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2712 #18 · p.2712 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

MarkdV wrote:

Cool shot Mark!

Mar 26, 2013 at 09:56 PM
deang001
• • •
p.2712 #19 · p.2712 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Oosty wrote:

Nothing from me for a while and today I'll bore the pants off you!

Amazing shots, Peter ... if this is boring, I'm looking forward to exciting !!

Mar 26, 2013 at 10:28 PM
deang001
• • •
p.2712 #20 · p.2712 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl wrote:

That's one sharp image John... Seems you're having fun.

I did as well, with a day trip taking Nikki along the coast on Highway 1. This was shot with the 24 f/2.8 N.C. AI'd, which is one sweet little lens.

http://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-rT4uuQ78g5I/UVEDvumj8zI/AAAAAAAASpQ/p3L9PXYY6eE/s1200/24.2.8.NC.StinsonBeachFromHwy1.jpg

We're looking north toward Stinson Beach with Bolinas above the cliffs on the left.

Nice shot, Curtis ... beautifully framed.

Mar 26, 2013 at 10:30 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password