Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              2664      
       2666              4180       4181       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2665 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Wow! I'm impressed Laura and I imagine other students are as well. It is never too late to dive into academic study. Hope you're enjoying yourself. I've been a bit of a lifelong students, though my days of being enrolled at a university passed over twenty years ago. But there are many ways to be a student, not least of which discussions like this. You were the first to give me a lesson on extension tubes and doubtless those conversations contributed to my later exploration. We can do that for one another. So yes, we tempt each other to buy new/old lenses, but there is a considerable amount of learning that happens here and is kindly shared.

Have fun!

Mar 11, 2013 at 07:58 PM
MarkdV
• • •
p.2665 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Kry27 wrote:
Thank you all for the feedback. Not my first pictures in here, but posting so seldomn, I can expect anyone to remember...

Here are a few more from the last day, Saturday last, when the weather turned worse and we decided to go for a sledge run before leaving. All with the 16mm/3.5.

Roland

Special mood...
clouds, snow, wideness, all alone there...

Fantastic pics Roland, especially the first one of the mountain with the 105mm. Love the one out the side of the gondola with the 16mm as well.

Inspired me to go up to the mountains myself.

Mar 11, 2013 at 08:12 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.2665 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I just received notification that lens number 33 will arrive shortly. I won an auction on E-Bay for another pre-AI lens, this a 24 f/2.8 N.C. AI'd. The fact it was AI'd wasn't noted in the description or made obvious by the three photos included in the listing. But I noticed the rabbit ears had holes in them and the bottom of the aperture ring was clearly from a Nikon AI conversion kit. There were a number of bidders but I'm happy with the price I paid. Here's what the lens looks like... another beauty with scalloped focusing ring.

Mar 11, 2013 at 08:18 PM
James Markus
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2665 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Samy,
I designed these three layer drawstring bags about 15 years ago - that my wife sewed for me. However, I have so many lenses now, that I ended up buying those neoprene drawstring bags off ebay. It really seems the most practical, and fast way to pack for an assignment.
Jim

saph wrote:
James, what an impressive collection, very well displayed too!!

Wonder if people here use special cases to seal their lenses.

Samy

Mar 11, 2013 at 09:18 PM
Reagan
• • • •
p.2665 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Great series, Roland
Rafael, beautiful car too bad its not black

Reagan

Mar 11, 2013 at 09:26 PM
James Markus
• • • •
p.2665 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I really took the photo for insurance purposes. The lens that lured me back to acquiring the the MF nikkors was the one nearest to the box...the 200mm f4 ais micro. I had ALWAYS wanted one, but back in the day...I just could not afford one. The most beat up lens I own is the 400mm...the glass is pristine, but the barrel looks like someone used it as a hammer. Many of the these lenses + plus many of my Canon lenses + plus two camera bodies were funded by the sale of my 500 f4 afs, 300, and 400mm Simga APO tele macros, a 70-200mm f2.8 AFS VR, a D2X body, and couple smaller Nikkor AF lenses.

Mar 11, 2013 at 09:28 PM
haldunk
• •
p.2665 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Steven, both lenses work wonderful. Thank you so much. Here's a few example from your Nikkor 50mm 1.4 on Nex7. Now, I am looking for an old non Ai 85mm 1.8 lens.

NEX-7    ---- lens    0mm    f/0.0    1/320s    200 ISO    +0.3 EV  

Mar 11, 2013 at 11:23 PM
kings_freak
• • •
p.2665 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w wrote:
Most of you have heard of Joe McNally the photographer who works all around the world. Well I was reading an article on his site about lenses and decided to message him on FB to ask if he ever used MF lenses anymore. I also told him about our little project with Nikki.

I was VERY surprised this morning to see that he replied! Here's what Joe had to say:

Awesome! I went to one of his lighting seminars down in San Diego a couple of years ago. Very nice guy.

–Tony

Mar 12, 2013 at 12:18 AM
kings_freak
• • •
p.2665 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

MarkdV wrote:
I wish I had time to comment on all the amazing pics up this weekend. Chin, Ben, Monty, Tony and the rest, very great pics and very inspiring.

I have managed time to actually get behind the camera, it wasn't looking good this weekend (too much beer yesterday) but things cleared up and managed to get a couple on the 55mm. This really is a lens that the more I use the more I like. One is of how amazing this lens is at extreme close ups even without tubes and the other is of a amazing sky photo to
...Show more
Great shots with that 55mm Mark!

–Tony

Mar 12, 2013 at 12:23 AM
kings_freak
• • •
p.2665 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Zichar wrote:
Thanks Leighton. I personally find that b&w film is suited to scenes with prominent shadows
Here's another of the school hall:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8515/8544594670_712bb305d8_c.jpg
c+c (Roll 4668 014) by Zichar, on Flickr

I agree with the shadows comment and you use them very well!

–Tony

Mar 12, 2013 at 01:00 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

kings_freak
• • •
p.2665 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl wrote:

I just received notification that lens number 33 will arrive shortly. I won an auction on E-Bay for another pre-AI lens, this a 24 f/2.8 N.C. AI'd. The fact it was AI'd wasn't noted in the description or made obvious by the three photos included in the listing. But I noticed the rabbit ears had holes in them and the bottom of the aperture ring was clearly from a Nikon AI conversion kit. There were a number of bidders but I'm happy with the price I paid. Here's what the lens looks like... another beauty with scalloped focusing ring.

http://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-CmCwUlN73JQ/UT465YnOdxI/AAAAAAAASMo/tmuc2__Ni_Y/s979/24.2.8.NC.AI%2527d.jpg

Very nice Curtis! That is exactly what I have been looking for. Oh well, the hunt continues!

–Tony

Mar 12, 2013 at 01:02 AM
kings_freak
• • •
p.2665 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w wrote:
David, I've learned that lesson and I dare say most on this thread have. If you're going to invest in a DSLR system then why not take it everywhere! My theory is not to trust important trips by trying to go light. YMMV.

There's really only one answer IMHO on which 35mm. The 35mm f1.4 AI-s and I don't even own it. I'm judging by the fantastic images I've seen in this thread from the folks who have it. Now...if I were to choose an AF 35 it would most probably be the new Sigma 35/1.4.

I am right there with you Leighton. Since selling my 24-70mm, I have been in the market for a 35mm. I went back and forth on my decision before going with the Sigma. The chapel I shoot in for local weddings is very dimly lit, so this, with my 85mm ƒ1.4 will fit the bill nicely.

–Tony

Mar 12, 2013 at 01:06 AM
kings_freak
• • •
p.2665 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

haldunk wrote:
Steven, both lenses work wonderful. Thank you so much. Here's a few example from your Nikkor 50mm 1.4 on Nex7. Now, I am looking for an old non Ai 85mm 1.8 lens.

Hello! Your images are beautiful and really showcase some things you can do with MF Nikon lens on other branded bodies. Unfortunately, this is not the forum for them. Our main rule is that you only post shots taken with Nikon manual focus lenses mounted on Nikon Bodies. I believe that there is an alternative gear forum that you can share these excellent flower shots. If you have a Nikon body, please mount that 50mm and join us!

–Tony

Edited on Mar 12, 2013 at 01:16 AM · View previous versions

Mar 12, 2013 at 01:13 AM
kings_freak
• • •
p.2665 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

rankamateur wrote:
My first try with a tube(pK-13) on the 80-200 4.5 C Auto. Really nice working distance with this combo.

Looks like a nice combo Ron. Very nice detail.

–Tony

Mar 12, 2013 at 01:15 AM
kings_freak
• • •
p.2665 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Oosty wrote:
With the 5cm f2 - it is a great lens!

Excellent portrait, Peter!

–Tony

Mar 12, 2013 at 01:23 AM
kings_freak
• • •
p.2665 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

asiostygius wrote:
Thank you Samy, Georg, Tony (you are correct, on a DX body FOV is 204mm), and Philippe for the kind comments.

Another fresco from the House of Casca Longus:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8367/8544746363_acbabdb915_b.jpg
_D7K_20130217_1018-web-10pc-crop-nik-tonal-overlay-33pc by labecoaves, on Flickr

D7000 + Micro-Nikkor 55mm f/3.5 ai hand held, ISO 1600, f/5.6 at 1/100s. ~ 10% cropped.

If anyone here wish to take a look at the stray dogs of Pompeii, here
http://flic.kr/p/e24TNk
there is an odd one: 1/2 German Shepherd, 1/2 too short legs.

Can not post here because I shoot it with an AF zoom (shame on me! ).

Another cool fresco Jose. Your doggy looks like a shepard/corgy mix.

–Tony

Mar 12, 2013 at 01:28 AM
kings_freak
• • •
p.2665 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Reagan wrote:
Slightly warm spring day here 73 and windy
Nowhere to go but the ocean or the everglades
25-50 up close Lunch by the water and now off for a nap while I watch racing

Reagan

Looks like a beautiful day out Reagan. Did you fish yourself?

–Tony

Mar 12, 2013 at 01:29 AM
kings_freak
• • •
p.2665 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

georgms wrote:
Some shots from today - we got fresh snow and I couldn't resist to de-bag the 16/3.5 for some cheap thrills ;-)
All images taken around the same spot - a small area between the old city-wall and a former convent.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8368/8544983049_be41ef66cf_b.jpg

This one is awesome!

–Tony

Mar 12, 2013 at 01:30 AM
kings_freak
• • •
p.2665 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

pburke wrote:
Going with the recent B+W mood, here are some from 1989, Kodak T-Max 400, scanned today. Camera was F3HP with an AI'd 28mm f3.5

http://didnt.doit.wisc.edu/photo/forum_pix/fredmiranda/bw/sierra_1990bw_080.jpg

I really dig this shot. Great perspective.

–Tony

Mar 12, 2013 at 01:34 AM
kings_freak
• • •
p.2665 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Lieutenant Z wrote:
a few more from the Opéra de Paris :

Love the details. Another great set Philippe!

–Tony

Mar 12, 2013 at 01:37 AM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password