Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              2646      
       2648              4144       4145       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2647 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Zichar wrote:
Yay, finally got my roll back
Developed at a local lab then sent for scanning with a hobbyist (with a google drive download link no less!)
Not many keepers though, my first time with Tri-X

Trying to fulfil Leighton's wishes, to see more of life around me, the streets
This is taken in my hometown, a lil' town called Ipoh in Malaysia; at the dingy and dimly lit wet market (thought it was perfect, taking over Dean's duties heh heh)
I haven't been here for at least ten years and it hasn't changed nary a bit - just like I remembered it when I was
...Show more

Thanks for this one Chin, I'd love to see more from this place.

Mar 07, 2013 at 06:10 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2647 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Oosty wrote:
At Keurboomstrand (50 km from home) for lunch. A couple of cropped panos with the 29 2.8 ai-d

Peter, I like the last one, is that your better half?

Mar 07, 2013 at 06:13 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2647 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Ronny, More nice images of Nitro!

Mar 07, 2013 at 06:15 PM
MDoc9523
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2647 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Leighton I sent you a PM

Mar 07, 2013 at 06:45 PM
rankamateur
• • •
p.2647 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

More rainy day work. The beginnings of a TC-16A modification. Now anyone can do this right? I have an idea before this is over the answer to that question will be no. There is a couple tutorial's out on the web. The pictures are all blowups of the parts. That is the problem you do not realize actual size. A hole is drilled and the pin is moved into the new hole. A wire has to be soldered onto one of the springs and then onto the printed circuit board and then reassemble it. Judge for yourself if you want to try it. At least I was smart enough to follow advice and take it apart inside a tupperware container. 28-2.8 AI-S

NIKON D800    0.0 mm f/0.0 lens    28mm    f/11.0    1/30s    720 ISO    -0.3 EV  

NIKON D800    0.0 mm f/0.0 lens    28mm    f/11.0    1/30s    1000 ISO    -0.3 EV  

Mar 07, 2013 at 07:00 PM
raboof
• • •
p.2647 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Ron,,

Let us know the outcome. I have one and been wanting to try.

Mar 07, 2013 at 07:03 PM
Oosty
• • • •
p.2647 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Mark, Scott - thanks, it's a 28 2.8 (29??)

Leighton - thanks. It isn't my better half. Ingrid is a woman

Ronny - stop it! I'm either going to have to get a new lens or a dog!!

Ron - I wish you'd stop already! This reminds me of my first attempt at fixing a Westclox alarm at age 10. Not a good result. What do you do with the left over parts??

Mar 07, 2013 at 07:08 PM
kwoodard
• • • •
p.2647 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

rankamateur wrote:
More rainy day work. The beginnings of a TC-16A modification. Now anyone can do this right? I have an idea before this is over the answer to that question will be no. There is a couple tutorial's out on the web. The pictures are all blowups of the parts. That is the problem you do not realize actual size. A hole is drilled and the pin is moved into the new hole. A wire has to be soldered onto one of the springs and then onto the printed circuit board and then reassemble it. Judge for yourself if you want
...Show more

What is it that you are trying to do?

Mar 07, 2013 at 07:17 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2647 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Oosty wrote:
Leighton - thanks. It isn't my better half. Ingrid is a woman

Mar 07, 2013 at 07:36 PM
rankamateur
• • •
p.2647 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

kwoodard wrote:
What is it that you are trying to do?

Link!
http://www.foolography.com/free-stuff/modify-tc-16a/

Mar 07, 2013 at 07:45 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Reagan
• • • •
p.2647 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I have taken quite a few carburetors apart but never was able to get one back together correctly
Better luck with you lens

Reagan

Mar 07, 2013 at 07:45 PM
MDoc9523
• • • •
p.2647 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Well I just took the plunge and ordered a D600. I am also keeping my D7000 so I have the best of both worlds. I know that's selfish of me but I miss having a back up camera. I love the DX format but I can't wait to try FX for the first time. With Canon I had the 1.3 crop but it just isn't the same as full frame. Leighton says the view finder on FX won him over so we will see. Thanks to everyone for your input. I couldn't decide so now I will have both

Mar 07, 2013 at 07:56 PM
Reagan
• • • •
p.2647 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

^^^^^^^^
I thought it was a secret

Reagan

Mar 07, 2013 at 08:05 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2647 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

MDoc9523 wrote:
Well I just took the plunge and ordered a D600. I am also keeping my D7000 so I have the best of both worlds. I know that's selfish of me but I miss having a back up camera. I love the DX format but I can't wait to try FX for the first time. With Canon I had the 1.3 crop but it just isn't the same as full frame. Leighton says the view finder on FX won him over so we will see. Thanks to everyone for your input. I couldn't decide so now I will have both
...Show more

You made a wise choice Ray. That viewfinder is gonna blow your mind. Can't wait to see what you do with it!

Mar 07, 2013 at 08:06 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.2647 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Great news Ray! I'd happily hoist one with you but my arms are too short...

I fully expect we'll get a detailed report of your experience once you've had a bit of time with your new camera. Thus far, apart from criticisms about oil and dust, folks have been very happy with the performance of this camera. As I said in my PM to you, this is definitely the sensor I was hoping would end up in the D700 replacement. But obviously, Nikon had other plans and we ended up with both a D800 with its uber sensor and the smaller D600 I expect was positioned to do precisely this... entice users of the D7000 to try out FX. The form factor will doubtless work perfectly for you. Going from the D700 the D600 felt a bit small. I need a heavier camera so I can hand hold those longer lenses...

My bet is you'll love this camera and that we'll be entertained with some wonderful photos taken with it. Well done Ray!

Mar 07, 2013 at 08:07 PM
Reagan
• • • •
p.2647 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Ray sent you a PM

Reagan

Mar 07, 2013 at 08:10 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.2647 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Nice to see you haven't lost power Leighton. Have you been liberated from your boot? Inquiring minds...

Mar 07, 2013 at 08:12 PM
Ronny _Olsson
• • • •
p.2647 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thanks
Great choice of camera Ray

Mar 07, 2013 at 08:18 PM
kwoodard
• • • •
p.2647 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

rankamateur wrote:
Link!
http://www.foolography.com/free-stuff/modify-tc-16a/

Wow, thats cool... Good luck with that. I will probably be sending you a PM soon, have a question about one of my lenses...

Mar 07, 2013 at 08:22 PM
kwoodard
• • • •
p.2647 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

MDoc9523 wrote:
...Show more

Best of both worlds. I think if your D7000 is one of the early ones, you shouldn't have a problem dealing with the oil and dust that some of the D600's have. I know my D7000 was very bad with oil on the sensor until it was cleaned by Nikon.

Mar 07, 2013 at 08:24 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password